steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

previously on /twg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ancient Empires, yes, indeed

>September 2017

If our daimyo is to become shotgun

>december 2019

I'm fucking done

Does Rome2 and Attila run properly in Windows 10?

I've heard some good things and bad things about it.

>[embed]

>spend all your time jerking off to your autistic 20 variation of the same unit
>never finish the actual important parts, like fucking campaign functionality
Every fucking time, modders are retarded.

That's a huge gobbo.

To my knowledge, it runs fine if you pay no mind to Microsoft having dirt on you.

JULY 2020?! Is this a joke??

The fucking white dwarf isn't fucking coming at all.
He's already fucking been for everyone who could possibly give a shit.
Holy fuck I am actually upset that they pretend that people care.

>it runs fine if you pay no mind to Microsoft having dirt on you.
W-what do you mean?

Reminder history shitters.

Just general windows 10 criticism obviously. Not that poster by the way.

ROMANS OUT

>Sep 2017

cunt

Cortana spies on you, sending info back to Microsoft.
She's also like the modern BonziBuddy, but with less viruses.

Wrong image m8, that is a discussion between two historical titles. Better delete that post quickly.

nahhh not everyone is autistic enough to have got a code, I'm looking forward to it, it's a nice giveaway

>It is now January

>he doesn't know
A-user..

I fucking hate stunties and I was bored enough to try a four hour code from here and even I got the fucking worthless cunt.

Use Spybot Anti-Beacon.

Also, watch this video;
>youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw

Yes, it has a super cringeworthy intro, and the guy is a loudmouth, but he knows his shit.

wot da zog

By Sigmar, no!

I just wanna know if Rome2 and attila runs properly on window 10.

I'm spooked af cuz I've read some people complaining that rome2 runs slower on windows 10.

There you go. That image looks to be correctly on your topic. Good job. Might pay to look at the thumbnails a little more closely when posting images.

Also I see a numerical lead for historical titles over fantasy titles there.

Do this and Microsoft won't know about all the dirty pictures of Karl Franz you have saved onto your hard drive.

I mean, everyone's got dirty pictures of Karl Franz...right?

Feels like every single Dwarven army I have to fight has RoR in them, they're everywhere. This is going to suck.

do the historical titles still do custom pre battle speeches based on your generals character traits like in Rome 1? Warhamz is my first TW in a while, I get why they didn't really include them in that, but I'll be disappointed if they aren't in others, they were one of the best bits

Sub comment thumbs up are more worth than normal comment thumbs up my friend.

If you care enough to offer excuses for cringey openings, just timecode skip past them with your link m8.

Everyone gets them more or less equally with the AI at the helm. Because they're so easy to recruit, the AI just slaps them into another army the turn after you wipe them out.

More like Never Empires

Speeches are pretty much forgotten about since Rome 2. If you sit the camera by your general, you can hear a speech. But they're nothing compared to Rome 1, Medi2, and Shogun 2.

>Chaos Marauders

Now that I thought about it, I do wonder if CA will release any stuff after they released all the planned DLC and expansions.

I'd see a Kislev DLC for example, or stuff that would enrich existing factions (like adding Norscan Mercs to Empire Armies via Marienburg Port).

Shogun 2 has some anti-faction banter speeches but nothing based on traits I don't think.

Why does Attila's historical setting get so much hate?

Maybe because Attila was my first TW, but I think it's an interesting time period and I like it's apocalyptic theme.

Praise Tengri.

It doesnt have Spartans

It's a cool time where cool things happened but the forces involved weren't as distinct.

Persians and Romans with similar forces who have been fighting on and off for ages.
Romans with less eastern units being attacked by fairly similar germanic pagans.
Horsefuckers who fight some barbarians and some romans.
The end.

99% of all migrator games is just a boring trek through roman land engaging a few roman armies and then fighting romans and roman successors who have the same armies anyway.

Essentially the bigger the main players are at game start, the more boring the setting is to play.

I really fucking love Attila's setting but Rome's setting is still far superior.

Probably since most people are not taught about the great migration and they do not care to learn about it.

Just wait till one day someone makes a Rome HBO/Vikings esque show about late antiquity

>much less culture groups
>much less variety
>much less factions
>muh fertility doomsday system
to name a few reasons, but they're more than enough to warrant the shit the game gets, and it's all because of the garbage setting.

no

>british barbarians
>german barbarians
>slavic barbarians
>sand people
>slightly different sand people
>huns
>two roman empires that are almost immediately exterminated and replaced by yet more barbarians

I love it so much but there really aren't that many distinct cultures.

because people have shit taste, its a cool time period, and because there is no pleb tv show about it

>much less variety
compared to what? with all the DLC Attila has more variety than most other tw titles

i just buy the game ant tips for the new player ?

>Persians and Romans with similar forces who have been fighting on and off for ages.
I think that's historical accuracy? Sassanids were constantly fighting with ERE until it' end like u said.

>Romans with less eastern units being attacked by fairly similar germanic pagans.
Yeah, Attila's units are really dark and kinda boring. It would've been better if they were more colorful like Rome 2.

>Horsefuckers who fight some barbarians and some romans.
Don't forget about OP white huns, user.

umm why is it all red?

Sweet download speed, im sitting on 2MB/s ;_;
It costs me 10$ tho

Don't trust the knife ears

Yes it's accurate. I cited the problem and the historical precedence for it. Granted Sassanid and ERE rosters do manage to be different enough in the end, but it still hurts the setting from a gameplay perspective.

steam skins:deadpool its.. well not good as i like but fully work

Are the lord packs in warhammer worth it? The only DLC i have is wood elves.

King and Warlord is THE best dlc, so yes.

Better than paying $60 for 400KB/s.

Jesus Almighty, Australia?

rly and i think im in mid speed on night 30mb/s max i pay for 100mb/s ...

You know it cunt.

Most people are genuine plebs. They probably don't even realise they have shit taste, thats how deluded they are.

Only true patricians can appreciate Attila, while plebs whine and moan about how Northern Europe has clouds and isn't sunny all the time.

Wasn't there new Attila DLC coming? Or is Attila over?

What the hell happened? They were advertising november 2016 first and now suddenly it's going to be at least a year late

So were the White Huns added to counteract ERE getting steamrolled by the Sassanids every game? Or helping an ERE player from getting swarmed by 6 stacks of sassies and friends?

I'm asking because I have an old pre-white hun ERE save and don't know if it'd be better off just starting over.

If you have two lords one specced red and the other yellow and you use them together in battles, will all units receive the red buff?

>In related news, we’ve recently been looking at ways in which we might get back to historical content before we release the next major historical Total War, in particular thinking about additional content or standalones for some of our more recent historical titles. Nothing decided yet though.

Just read through it and it sounds interesting. what do you think makes it so good? can the regiments of renown only be used to the lords in the dlc?

No, it's just the units from the lords army
It's the same if you're fighting with a garrison

I've played both the white huns and the Sassanids, and the white huns are definitely made to prevent Sassanids becoming to op.

But imo the white huns themselves became so OP. They're pretty much huns with better units, and more money. Which is awkward because the white huns got rekt by the Sassanids multiple times IRL

None of my Attila 2016 saves will load, did they break something or have my saves all fucked themselves?
Anything I can do to solve the issue, or do I just gotta start a new campaign?

the skarsnik/belegar one definitely is

Hows your campaign going user? Post screenshots.

>If you care enough to offer excuses for cringey openings, just timecode skip past them with your link m8.

Someone would comment on it anyway.

And sometimes it's good to endure something if the payoff is good, which it is in this case.

About face off with Orion and Durthu in Reikland.

That looks like a pyjamas or bedsheet for kids.

>what do you think makes it so good?
Different campaign dynamics and useful new units. Belegar's campaign plays nothing like the rest of the game, and Skarsnik's campaign is actually enjoyable unlike Grimgor's. Rangers alone add a lot to the Dorf roster, and their Reskins of Renown give you some neat options.

>can the regiments of renown only be used to the lords in the dlc?
Pretty sure any faction can recruit them.

What new stuffs do you want, Anons?

I personally hope for minor nomadic factions like Magyars, or campaign about rise of durkas.

All the average TWW player seems to care about is units "more units more units more units gotta have another faction" but what about siege escalation? villages or atleast some new siege layouts. Attila had ~45 siege layouts, TWW has 3.

>Attila had ~45 siege layouts, TWW has 3.
for real? wtf?

I want them to make a WRE successors dlc, with updated rosters for Gaul, Hispania, Britain and Africa

Magyars should be removed from existence.
t. Austrian and the entire Balkans.

An Imjin War scenario for Shogun 2.
476 A.D. start for Attila could also be cool.

i think he's right, i remember we counted all the attila siege layouts here on /twg/ and it was pretty crazy

yeah but tww only has 3 layouts?

Was asking for Attila DLC, but still,

TURTLE POWER

There's a mod for that.

Why the fuck does it have spikes on it?

>2017
>caring about mods
I bet you're also wating for 1212 or AE to release.

To deter boarding parties.

Don't be silly, I lost interest for both those back in November.

Rise of Islam will never happen because you're not allowed to depict the prophet.

I would love an expansion for AoC, but the no dlc for dlc policy means that won't happen, rise of islam would be cool too but that can't be done because muslims would flip out

so, maybe some new horde factions?

Im playing grimgor now and it hasn't been very exciting

Krakens are no joke

what if they made a rise of islam dlc after set the death of muhammad? then he wouldn't even be in it

Sauce on this?

What makes Belegars campaign so different other than it being a handicapped Dwarven campaign? I mean both him and Skarsnik offer a challenge, but Belegar himself plays very much like a regular Dwarf.

Snarsnik atleast forces you to use different units which actually makes it alot of fun.

The campaign could start after the death of muhammad. After all, Arabian peninsula was united right before his death.

Also I don't think muslims wouldn't flip out that much, cuz muslims are normies who doesn't know about these games. You can conquer Mecca and convert the city in Civ 5, and there weren't any flip pouts about this.

I didn't even have a non aggression pact with Belegar. Get fucked elves.

Well the +50% upkeep means you can't really field many strong units, unless you're AI