Elon Musk believes in simulation theory, alien presence in the solar system and quantum timelines

>Elon Musk believes in simulation theory, alien presence in the solar system and quantum timelines.

What is with the trend of CEOs believing quackery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4M--cHh5qOg71_-UDzsdtw0vU1lV-T5q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe he knows stuff MAYBE HE KNOWS A LOT OF STUFF

Cyclical universe theory is the one true way though

This guy is a big goof and phony with more money than sense he got lucky during the internet boom like most billionaires

Believes in it or believes in the possibility of it? Cause those are all just as possible as god if not more so

Trend? Citation needed!

He doesn't necessarily believe in it. But the kind of people who buy his products do, and he can frame it in a way that makes him look like a white Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Personally I think that rant Dick Masteron did really summed it up: Musk is believing his own memes. I think it is ironic, because instead of breaking out of the simulation he's receding deeper into solipsism.

Dont you ever ask why we exist at all though user? Or whats beyond our universe? And if there is something beyond is there something beyond that? And beyond that? Does time have an end? I mean some of these questions are just unanswered right now its foolish to think that just because we haven't found proof yet doesn't mean its not possible. When was gravity discovered? Magnetic fields? For a long time we thought space was empty and now it could be full of dark matter? Science is still discovering and in 1000 years they may look back and think of us and our theories as silly in the same way we look back at ancient rituals.

Oi, healthy metaphysical skepticism and a curiosity into natural phenomena doesn't mean his ideas are any less memey.

The majority of people have always believed wacky stuff. Men with reality distortion fields (Jobs, Trump, Musk) are even more likely to. It's just that admitting it publicly has ceased to be social suicide.

Kevin kelly has an interesting analysis on why that is, his theory is that when the screen replaced the page as the primary means of data sharing, we lost the cultural fixation on a single, agreed upon truth.

>Citation needed
I think OP is right. Jobs believed his reality distortion field would work on his cancer. Trump is a 9/11 truther. Hell, Stephen Hawking (not a CEO but definitely a thought leader) thinks we should stop trying to contact life on other planets and arm ourselves for when it finds us. The last time this many elites disagreed with the general consensus about how the universe worked was 1930's Germany.

Alien presence in the solar system isnt too far fetched. Mars had waters so might other moons

>Jobs believed his reality distortion field would work on his cancer.
I know, how kek is that!
But 3 over the course of like 10 years isn't really a trend to me.

This

But a simulation or aliens as creators of humans doesn't remove the question of what was in the beginning
You have just gone one more step back
These things and god don't exclude themselves

>alien presence

of fucking course

ayy

But OP, we do live in a hologram. :)

If anyone's desire for truth is greater than their illusory fear of it, check out the YouTube playlist I will link below and consider the information.

The Holographic Universe
by Michael Talbot

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4M--cHh5qOg71_-UDzsdtw0vU1lV-T5q

Do with this knowledge what you will.

Two of those are possible, with simulation theory actually being likely.
Aliens in the solar system is a bit of a stretch, but not impossible. Did you see the videos of that UFO over Japan a few weeks ago?

Correction: I meant all are possible. The first and last are just easier to believe than the second.

>simulation theory
>likely
Ok

If a universe can be simulated, and there exist civilizations with the technology to simulate one, then there are more simulated universes than non-simulated universes.
Therefore, any arbitrary universe selected at random is more likely to be simulated than not.

>If a universe can be simulated,
that's where the argument breaks down.

it's never been done that we know of, so there's no reason to think it can be.

also of course due to anthropic principle this universe is neither arbitrary or selected at random.

The simulation theory seems like a way for techbros to believe in God.

yes.
aliums are angels or demons.

we pretend to be atheists, we're not good at it.
the alternatives are... ugly though.

You mean if sentient beings with independent consciousness can be simulated. Its a stretch at best to say programs have that

The only requirement is sufficient processing power, which is conceivable with the advent of quantum computing.

What is the difference between your brain and a computer designed to perfectly simulate the mechanical and chemical process in your brain?
If you don't believe in souls, it's absurd to argue that meat computers are somehow superior to metal computers.

Now youre dipping into philosophy. Philosophy isnt science

>wealthy, successful, educated CEOs believe in 'nonsense'
>poor, uneducated, unsuccessful folks don't
Have you ever thought that maybe we're the one's who are wrong?

lots of impossible things are conceivable.

>Elon Musk believes in simulation theory, alien presence in the solar system and quantum timelines.

>What is with the trend of CEOs being visionary's of the future?

Fixed it for you.

>Philosophy isnt science
technically neither is consciousness, sentience, simulated universes, or alien life forms.

Consciousness isn't science, it's philosophy.
I can't empirically prove the consciousness of any being except myself.

We can conceive of it being possible. We have no reason to believe it wouldn't be possible.
It wouldn't even have to be a perfect simulation. For example, maybe in the universe running our simulation, quarks are composed of some smaller particle.

I can't think of any reason quantum computing wouldn't allow the simulation of a realistic but simplified universe.

>What is with the trend of CEOs believing quackery?
Better question is what is with the trend of poor people believing in a magic man in the sky?
It's equally as crazy, but I'd rather be a rich loon than a poor loon.

/thread

>We can conceive of it being possible. We have no reason to believe it wouldn't be possible.
yes, thus there is exactly as much evidence for it as there is for god or angels or whatever other nonsense people have come up with over the years.

He knows who The Father is.