What civilization and when had the most relative power over the world?

What civilization and when had the most relative power over the world?

Post Cold War America.

Alexander the Great, Hadrian and so on did not have much influence on Eastern Asia or the Americas.
The Mongols didn't have a large influence on Western Europe or the Americas and the Japanese gave them the middle finger.

Post Cold War America had no rivals.

Over the entire world? America in the 90's. Britain is the only other entity to ever have even vaguely similar levels of global authority

What about prior the 1600s?
Asking for a friend.

Like Said, post Cold War US. Although I could argue before the soviets were able to create nukes. Although I'm not sure what the us capacity for nuclear warhead production was before the soviets got ahold of the technology, if it was even a small amount then the us could've fucked everyone and taken over if it went full retard empire

U S A
S
A

Mongols probably, though not for long

Werent the Achaemenids estimated to have over 1/3 of the world's population under its control at one point?

USA had nothing over china or india which makes a big majortiy of the world. British Empire however did.

America didn't have control over much, just heavy influence over some Carribean Islands, Central America and various hotspots where they focused their military. They had many allies, but only as a counterweight to the Soviet Union.

In terms of overtly controlling a significant proportion of the world's population, the Persian, Roman, Mongol and British empires were far ahead.

that is objectively incorrect.

yea and their influence beyond their borders was MASSIVE over time.
a huge number of ideas we have originate with the Persian scholars.

This. Mongols not only directly killed hundreds of thousands, they indirectly killed millions by spreading the black plague.

>a huge number of ideas we have originate with the Persian scholars
It's hard to say with certainty because Alexander burned Persepolis' library, but in general, ideas of progress, movement to truth, and essentialism/foundationalism are claimed to have Persian origin.

those all seem like universal ideas. i really doubt the persians had a monopoly on them.

that is objectively correct though.

The Irish, present day.

Minoan
>island civ
>controlled all the trade through the mediteranian
>bred all the white captured qtpi slave celts from the north
>captured and subjugated anything civilisation empire wise out of africa libyan etc
>stalls/stops/stomps african based civ long enough for greece & rome to rise
>cant be invaded
>had high sophistication of culture & society
>bronze working
>god tier mythos
>relegates the great murdok or storm god (satan equivalent) to a minor bull in a maze
>true citizenry
>takes a fucking volcano (thera) blowing half the earth out and creating a 500 year dark ages (literal blackening of sky - kill all the crops, swam of other natural disasters kill off civ, tidal waves, destruction of all trade lines & all agriculture based surrounding civilisation
>hot chicks with their tits out
>tits out
>tits out for the boys

The Royal Navy virtually controlled the entire world's trade-network after the Napoleonic Wars. She also had massive amounts of territory.

But seriously and perhaps boringly in a historic sense, its the USA

anyone close to a trading stick of intelligence will disinvest in america as quickly as it invested

what americans dont seem to realise

I have read numerous books on Alexander the Great but never have I read anything about Persepolis ever having a "great library", or indeed even a library. From where did you get that idea?

The only answer to this is the French Empire.

hahahahaha do not make me laugh

what morons would believe the English or Americans have had any where near as much power as the french

The first one, probably. Literally no contest here. But then came white peoples and tricked Yakud or something like that.

As an American, can you help me understand why this is the case? I also feel the same way, somehow the old Roman Empire or even German Empire(s) seem so much more powerful and commanding than a bunch of seemingly incompetent jokers playing at being altruistic world police.

>or even German Empire(s)

>seemingly incompetent jokers playing at being altruistic world police.
You are falling for the dramatization of history and US rhetoric. We are not the world police to be altruistic. The US only polices when its advantageous to do so.

england...circa..1800

>what morons would believe the English or Americans have had any where near as much power as the french

Literally anyone who isn't French...

no you are just an eternal anglo

since the fall of rome to the second world war France has been the head power and is regaining its position now

>since the fall of rome to the second world war France has been the head power and is regaining its position now

This is what Frogs actually believe

test

Not him, but sure thing buddy

france couldn't even keep its own people happy
don't make me laugh...

Jesus christ you type so French.

>Post 9/11 America has no rivals

ftfy

Holy fuck you are retarded.

All time record holder is still probably Great Britain. America on track to break that record if their global hegemony holds out til the end of this century.

It's the US today. People are confusing "power" for "impact" when they say "The Mongols".

Shouldn't that be "Honhonhonhonhon?"

Spanish Empire at its height.

1500-1600
Majapahit, the one who control Mallaca basically control the entire world trade. Well until the Dutch came.

Obviously, the Western-Christendom during the Colonial Era

??????????
People think this?
What in anybody's right mind has to happen to think that the U.S.'s foreign policy has been altruistic? Altruism is just the disguise as it always has been.

I see the French nationalist NEET of Veeky Forums is as easy to spot as ever.

IMF and World Bank?

What's this? No Suez or Panama canal routes? Early Modern trades/voyages?

Charles V's empire, whatever you want to call it.

It's not altruistic, but the very identity as the world police prescribes America to at least pretend doing so. Thus, some of the policing might seem disadvantageous from narrow perspective, while actually concerns the prestige and (what little) respect other sovereign states have towards America. Others often take advantage of it, like Iran or Pakistan making America clean up something that should have been a collective responsibility. (e.g. while, America did fund militants, these militants also grew because of the incompetence of the local governments in Syria, Iraq, etc.).

IIRC, it's one of the issues that Trump raised in his campaign. Pondering upon the meaning of world police is probably the privilege of superpowers like America. Especially when it's in perpetual stagnancy and decay.