/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Splatoon 2 has been announced and is slated for a release date of Summer 2017! Watch the trailer here: youtube.com/watch?v=qN4w5D2tzME
- The Switch will have paid online service - but it will remain free from the Switch's March 3rd launch through Fall 2017.
- The Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy are showing up as new characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! They also sport new cars. youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CALLIE IS DEAD!

DEAAAAAAAAAAD!

the switch is gonna have an Ethernet port, right guys?

Goomy

No

>splatoon.ink/ink actually works again
Huh

What is Marie staring at /ink/?

well, I guess it doesn't really matter since I already own a USB adaptor.

Thanks ThatsSo

finally

Treehouse played a bit of Splatoon 2!

youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

She's just came from an important event. Everything is totally fine.

Single player predictions?

More Octarians up to no good. I wonder if we will get a test fire.

I think it's pretty possible considering the gap between march and summer whenever.
The demo we saw in the treehouse stream could just be copied over maybe?

>tfw my notification sound on my phone is still the woomy soundfile and my ringtone is the towerbell someone dumped here ages ago

That does seem pretty likely.I just wonder when they release it.

You're going to buy my amiibo, right?

can we all agree that THE sprinkler needs to comeback in splatoon 2, right?

woomy!

Don't let Nintendo enforce paid online without a fight. Let them know you won't buy a Switch if you need to pay to play online.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

Post boys

Too late, already preordered

THEY GOT ME BEH

IM A NINTENDRONE NOW

>google reverse image search gives nothing
th-thanks

it looks like they've removed a lot of the more passive subs and specials, like beakons and echo. they had mines, though, didn't they?

That's pretty inking cute

I gotchu fampai

Yeah but the sprinkler is my favorite. They can't remove it because I like it.

post the ONE (1) cutest inkling image you have.

is that the yuri comics guy

>ermame started drawing straight shit
what has the world come to

Yuri is gross

boys are ugly
post girls

They don't have to know that. Take a minute and help the rest of us out.

Nah

They better add a fucking spectator mode

so you'll only be able to play splat2n if you have a switch?

Damn right

THIS

I'd love to watch other matches while chillin in the hub.

Honestly it would be even better if the hub was real time MMO style, but I know that's asking too much from Nintendo.

> No ass found

Therefore, this is a new character. Trust me.

>hey kid, wanna squid?
>servers shut down

>squids text fucking in the middle of Booyah Base

No thank you.

>squibs bothering me to give them gold

No

>slutty Woomies pretending to be your e-girlfriend if so long as you buy them gear

No thank you.

>nowhere would be safe from lagging gooks and spics
>raul is fucking flying over inkopolis, lagging the hub for everyone
>ラウル is telling me to fuck off because im a waitu piggu

no way jose

The cost of winning the last splatfest...it was too high.

How hard will it be to find a Switch during the summer? This is pretty much the system seller for me but I don't really need a Switch until then.

I really can't say. I want to say that it'll be easy as fuck to find like every other console that's been released in the past ten years, but after Nintendo's NES Classic debacle I just don't know anymore.

Personally, I'm waiting until we at least have a launch date for Splatoon until I buy a Switch. Hopefully they have a bundle or a special edition by then. I can just play Backstroke of the West on my Wii U if I really want to.

I firmly believe there is no way they aren't doing a Spla2n bundle.
At the very least it'll be a standard Switch with the game at a slightly lower price.

Anti-inkling graffiti in the new single player hub.

Just wait for the Splatoon Switch bundle

I'll probably do that. However if we get a testfire I'll get one earlier.

>Buying a console for one game that will require money to play online
Literally just play Splatoon on Wii U.

>woomy voices are shit
>music is shit
>specials are shit
>dualies are a shitty gimmick
>chargers are the shit now, I mean, balancing is shit now
>Neo Inkopolis looks like shit
>Crusty Sean's job is shit
>haircuts are mostly shit
>new clothes are shit
>the new stage is shit
>Neo Moray with inkrails doesn't satisfy my Stockholm syndrome towards snipers and thus is shit
>voice chat alone makes the game shit even without everything above
>online prices are shit
Again, why Splatoon is a new game and MK8 just got a port? They don't seem to know what to do with it, should've left it untouched!

if people were content with enjoying the same thing forever sequels wouldn't exist

>Sequel
SeeLiterally everything they showed in that trailer looked like fucking ass.

that's just your opinion, user. I thought it looked pretty good.

Not saying you're wrong but PS4 and xbone do it. Also we don't know the price yet.

>dualies
Checks out.

>just my opinion
It's most people's, why would you pay for a new console, on top of paid online, on top of buying what's basically the same game with a smaller playerbase, when you can play the game as it is on Wii U?
Doesn't mean it's okay. I also think both of those consoles have actual shit to do online. Besides Splatoon what even is there on Switch to play online?

because i'm a retard who fucking loves splatoon, user. don't try to understand me. it won't work.

ARMS

Wanted the same game but more polished and balanced + new stuff

Instead got everything I liked removed and given stuff I didn't ask for

You're just a fucking retard. The game has NEW content that you don't know if it's even shit. You're just calling everything shit because it's convenient for you. I'm gonna enjoy things I like, buddy. If you don't like it then you don't need to, just go jack off in the corner.

NEW MARIE
E A
W R
I
E

I've never played Splatoon, but I'm interested in getting the new one for Switch. What's new in it? Just curious. It looks a lot like the first one to me.

SeeAll in all, just get a cheap Wii U and play Splatoon on it. I don't know why they're calling it a sequel when it's looking to be literally just Splatoon but with gimmick additions.

ITT: poorfags and people that don't understand the massive cost associated with hosting game servers.

Splatoon 2 confirmed for having dedicated servers for online multiplayer instead of P2P. This means no more teleporting nips. Jesus christ you people are retarded. Now I remember why I left. not that r/splatoon is any smarter.

so far a few hairstyles and weapons
we dont know much else yet

callie is more like stocking and marie more like panty desu

I want Callie to forcibly hold me down and ink all over my face.

callie is still an idol, and marie got kicked out

So, the data goes from a nip to a server and then to me? That's their ping to server plus server ping to me. In 99.9% of cases it's slower than P2P. Shut up and just accept that Ninty without Iwata is not the same anymore, and we have to do something about its new head, who is a buisnessman both on buisness card and in heart.

More squids in oversized clothing please

There will be regional servers for US, EU, and Japan you dense motherfucker.

Is it just me or do the squids in Splatoon 2 look older/taller?
Overall the game seems to have a lot of teenage angst in the music and style choices.

Probably the audience they're aiming for, Splatoon 2 is the "cool edgy" version in contrast to Splatoon being a great game for everyone that attracted a ton of love. It would only be fitting if only edgelords play Splatoon 2.

It looks like they are just releasing the same game again with a few different weapons

It was a great game but I don't think it's worth buying a new console just to play more splatfests

Splatoon 2 is set 2 years after the first game. So, canonically, the Inklings should be 16.

>Splatoon 2 is set 2 years after the first game
Do you think Splatoon 3 will be set 3 years after Splatoon 2, where the squids work office jobs?

I can't wait to work the print machine.

Exactly, most anyone with half a brain isn't going to buy it, I don't know why anyone would care if you already own the fucking game on the Wii U.

>printer out of ink
Woomy's time to shine.

Okay, love Splatoon on the Wii U, the exact same game as it is on the Switch minus a couple weapons.

You realize there were only ~10 million Wii Us sold compared to the >100 million Wiis, right? Switch sales are going to dwarf the Wii U's and with it will be a fuckton of people that never played the original.

I NEED THOSE WEAPONS, user

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

No you play as squid neets

Imagine working at a copy place and you call to get some toner replacement and a woomy shows up and starts squatting over the printer

Time to use my special, Inkjet.

Don't listen to shitposter-kun, we don't know too much about it yet.

>exact same game
Even with what little they've shown us I'd say it isn't
>just play the first one
Honestly Nintendo will probably kill the first game off once 2 launches