Detail Thread

Haven't been here in a while, can't recall ever seeing a detailing general.

What autistic ways do you wash your car with Veeky Forums?

Pic related - gave the mirror bases a degrease, alcohol rub then Poorboys World Trim Restore, buffed off after sitting overnight. First time using it. Was worried it would run in the rain but OK so far.

Here's the other side, which I haven't treated yet. Didn't bother to wipe the rain off for this pic obviously

>Meguiar's synthetic paste wax every few months but I might switch it up this time, washed bi-weekly using green ONR, touch ups using quick detailer. I only drive the car in nice weather so I can wait 2 weeks between washes without it getting too dirty.

>Every few months I strip the wax off, do minor paint correction if needed, then reapply Meguiar's synthetic paste wax, although I might try a different wax next time.
>Every two weeks or so I wash using green ONR. 2 buckets, grit guards, Chemical Guys wash mitts, waffle weave drying towels.
>In between washes I remove any water spots, bug splatters, or bird shits using quick detailer and a microfiber cloth.
>I clean the interior as needed but usually just wipe the dust off with a dry microfiber towel every week or so. Vacuum when needed, apply leather conditioner to all the leather every few months.
>Overall though the car doesn't get that dirty since I only drive it in nice weather and when I can have fun with it.

Why'd these posts get baleeted?

Before trying to fix this trim up I did a full clay bar on the car and it looks amazing, but there's a fair amount of shallow swirling on the car, mainly on the hood. Any paint correction tips?

Just finished washing up the dirt of this tincan

I'm restoring it and there's at least 3 rust points including one perforing under the oil cap

What should I apply to remove the rust and prevent it from rusting again ?

I do detail for a Kia dealership ama

what do you use on various interior plastics and fake leather?

how do you go about cleaning stained cloth seats, and interior carpet?

How do you clean in the door and boot jams effectively and quickly?

When I did my first proper detail of the car last week it took me absolutely forever. Used the mist setting on the hose and a microfiber. This is the result though.

Oh you have no idea

Did the passenger side door trim last night and buffed off this morning.

Left is treated, right isn't.

I hadn't thought of doing that

What have I gotten myself into

>Why'd these posts get baleeted?
Probably because that guy who gives serious answers posted seriously in some other topic that got him banned. Depending on what the mod clicked, that user could simply have that one post deleted+ban or all posts deleted + ban.

>can't recall ever seeing a detailing general.
There are various nice Veeky Forums threads for detailing in the archive websites. In one of those threads, KentuckyBro described his detailing and gave an example of his results after washing and wax.

I do my waxing indoors since dust and atmospheric grit doesn't get onto the car that way as I apply wax, let it sit a bit, then remove the wax.

I am unable to get the same image clarity that KentuckyBro gets from his clayed clearcoat. I do have a lot of shine like his though. My GM paint is quite orange-peeled and I don't clay my clearcoat. So despite the clearcoat being smooth and shiny, that underlying orangepeel causes a fuzzyness to appear especially when using the full spectrum of real sunlight.

>how do you go about cleaning stained cloth seats, and interior carpet?
Search previous archived Veeky Forums threads for bissell at archive sites 4plebs or desu

In the same way as the mirror in the op?
Results are good

Don't know if a normal detailing can repair this paint job.

Damn. Looks like a GenWun NSX from the thumbnail in Clover too

That looks unreal....I know that I'll never get mirror finish like that on blue silver but I wanna try.

If it's any consolation my Mazda is pretty orange peeled too

Yeah, same as OP. Cheers!

Here's one of the rear exhaust surrounds. Couldn't get a 100% faithful shot but you get the idea. These are the reason I started trying to revive the trim in the first place... Untreated on left.

Gotta take those fake exhaust tip things out and polish them up

I have literally fully detailed my car (inside) every week and a half since buying it.

Ill defiantly have to give it a go, ive been using forever black but it doesnt have the effect I want on things like my window trim and mirrors

What is the best product to get the nice dark blacks on plastic

On exterior i should've said

i think this is like my 3rd time ever coming here and i assumed there would be a sticky on car detailing for newfags.

i need to wax my car after i clay bar it but i've never successfully waxed a car. found a small 6 inch buffer i forgot i had from like ten years ago. any legit youtube channels to check into?

I'd get rubber mats and avoid the need to machine shampoo clean carpets to remove greasy grime and ground in mud amongst all those fibers.

>What is the best product to get the nice dark blacks on plastic

I don't like greasy oily plastic or greasy oily trim, so I use synthetic waxes on the black trim. One that is easy to apply and remove without leaving any white residue is Turtle Wax ICE liquid wax. It darkens black and after you let it sit a while, you wipe it off.

I know it sticks to plastic even if it doesn't look like it's there. I proved it to myself by applying some to the clear plastic bezel of one front headlight. It filled in the scratch marks and made them disappear. I wiped it off later and the marks remain "disappeared" until after I washed the car and thus removed the wax with the car wash shampoo (meguiar's gold class car shampoo).

>What is the best product to get the nice dark blacks on plastic
Without any limits, Total Terrorism is the BEST product.

Everyone will agree that the method you used is the absolute best at giving you nice dark blacks on plastic. If not, they are totally killed, thus there is no disagreement. All those furnishing opinions say the method you use is the best. So, that is the best way to guarantee you are using the best method to have dark black plastic.

It works in North Korea. So it is proven successful. 100% positive opinion your method is the best.

You don't need a machine to wax, hand waxing is acceptable.

That looks pretty damn good, if this stuff doesn't hold up I'll have to try it