/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #462

''Everbody Loves Max'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
coasttocoastam.com/article/bigfoot-photographed-in-northern-ireland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With Chloe, that immediacy and intensity of her expression obviously also is correlative of her directness and jumpiness, in mood and otherwise.

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

I'm sorry for the grammar mistake

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I just figured out that Max said "kek" because it means "lol" in Orcish (World of Warcraft), not because Veeky Forums meme .

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

coasttocoastam.com/article/bigfoot-photographed-in-northern-ireland

how was living in a cave?
(maybe she subtly meant Veeky Forums meme who knows)

How was living in cave?

What?

that means, are you new here?

Chloe did some things wrong.

not sayin' he is a bad guy or anything but is really there a something extra-ordinary,interesting about Warren? if so I'd like to hear it.

Eventually she had realized her faults and Max helped her to 'heal'

Everyone makes mistakes.Not a villain type ''wrong'' things of course.Only disney type of characters are flawless which's far away from being realistic.

Well, the topic of conversation was expression. Is there something interesting about Warren in the eyes, his facial expressions or body language?

I think there is. As the other user mentioned, particularly after the Nathan confrontation there's a lot to talk about there. They did a good job on him as well, his physicality is distinct, it says more about him and opens way to interpretation. Again, I wouldn't say he carries nearly the same meaning and depth, in expression or otherwise, as some of the other characters, but there's also more to him.

For example, and for something you'll certainly be inclined to agree, some of his expressions look outright psychotic. Like the smile in the photo he has in his locker. Or the way he slowly turns his head and blinks two or three times when Max stands next to him, wanting to tell him what's on her mind. That is well done. It partly shows the awkward obsessiveness that is part of his characterization. But there's other, more "positive" things there as well. His helpfulness and awkward kindness shines through in his expression as well, at times.

>something extra-ordinary,interesting about Warren
His motto is ''sensitive means won't be having sex with you''

STOP PLAYING THIS GARBAGE AND MAKE SEASON 2
REEEEEEEEEEEE

see? you can't tell any.
if anything I wouldn't call confrontation with Nathan as good(let's ignore the fact that how badly directed that scene wasafter being tough! yeah he was standing there like a half coward half innocent kid.after hours,he got drunk by half beer because he beated up someone in his life and worried about his scholarship.again,i am not calling him bad.i'm saying after his bravery! attempt he also got scared in the deep.

not denying his positive sides.his awkward obsessiveness with coward+innocence helpful look is obvious from his expressions,behaviour.but really there's anything deep about it still.

i liked that pic btw.send more

>he doesn't know about the deleted tweet

I agree. I'm the "other user".

There's shame after going ape on Nate.

Also, his blinking and head turns do look psychotic. He almost reminds me of a submissive insect, or self-retreating slug, to dehumanize him.

His voice waverings show that obsessiveness, too.

What did they mean by this

There's also cowardness.

What about Kate's expressions? I'd like to hear that too.

What tweet?

I just told you examples right there. Again, we are on the topic of expression, I had no desire to go into anything else with him.

I think they've also captured the kind of rigid posture of young awkward outsiders like him well. No real awareness in the way of holding themselves, unhealthy even, fine-motorically underdeveloped. He hardly moves his neck or makes casually confident movements.

He has the weirdest headbutt move-in, kicks lamely at the gun and then staggers over to Nathan to beat into him, almost mechanically. That looks so weird, a mix of awkwardness, lack of grace, but also something psychotic.

The height of that might be his penguin walk in the impossible ending.

Yes, when Max stands next to him about to actually open up to him, it is deeply satisfying to him. That blinking - and I'm not sure whether it's actually a glitch - is so drawn out and overdone. Creeped me out instantly. Like he wanted to replicate trustful intimacy, but not only does he lack the naturalness of the motion, the dominating emotion here is also more of the orgasm of the intimacy, not the trustful feeling, for him.

>mfw she thinks we'll see Max and Chloe again
Someone has to tell her to truth.

Later!

I''ve just realized it's Friday the 13th. I ought to snack and watch some horror flicks now.

Whenever I see this scene this comes up to my mind.

>send more

>that pic

Oh great, another Bayfag...

>he doesn't know about ''he doesn't know about the deleted tweet'' bait

Indeed, he's opportunistic, and the car park scene's body expression are perfectly done.

You've hit the nail on the head with the fight. I felt it was unsettling, I just couldn't put my finger on.

His "Agh" as he kicks the gun is so disconnected from his body's lack of enthusiasm.

>''I want to see Max and Chloe again''
She doesn't seem like a bayfag.Or actually chose that ending and thinking storm will be back if they make a sequel.

Actually it would happen if they make a sequel.But problem is they'd already stated that we are not gonna see them again.Haha:(

What are they trying to hide from us?

It was also brillant that his trying to hug Max and then,Max's eye roll moment/wtf is he doing expression when she noticed that what he was doing.

>His "Agh" as he kicks the gun is so disconnected from his body's lack of enthusiasm.
I was thinking about exactly that when I typed that.

It's like he sees his opportunity to be grossly violent, now, probably more so as a feeling than conscious will, but he hides that violent enthusiasm from himself (and later is ashamed because of it; how much of that shame is another way of hiding things from himself and others would be another question) and Max and Chloe, and uses the "Agh" involuntarily to make it seem as if he's in distress of a fight, when really, or at least partly, he's also certainly ready and willing to go the fuck to town, has probably fantasized about something along those lines for quite some time.

something about Vampyr? or just commercial

>was willing to got the fuck to town
>then he was willing to not kick'd off the school

I see it as a build-up. He's almost swaying as he prepares, like he feels the violence will be an orgasmic release, and the "agh", is "No, you're not with that gun, bitch, I'm just getting started" as it builds to the beating.

Have you ever watched Cannibal Holocaust? There's something so "Warren" about it. The strange music, the acting, the actual violence seems like his holy grail.

Also, what movie you watching for 13th?

>Michel too busy playing Overwatch and trying to get out of bronze
>Some writers come in and make sure season 2 isn't shit

Win win.

He will use his imagination to get out of bronze.

That scene is really annoyed me was also disturbing.Not even mention Nathan's zero attempt on fighting with him

>Shortly before it's finished Michel hits silver
>He decides to check out what's been done so far
>Only the endings have to be finished
>"I have an idea."

I could see that. The anticipation of the violent ecstasis, and the gun gets in the way of it, and so he breaks his breath-holding preparedness when the gun comes out and threathens the release. Like pre-cum, perhaps. Similar in their awkwardness and situational unfittingness as well, lol.

I did see CH, but cannot remember too much of it. Not even the general feeling. Maybe I should watch it tonight. I was just going to tune into my regular streams for classic horror stuff. I associate the creepiness of Warren's violence more with outsiders I've actually known in my life. Particular one that snapped and beat down a Chad with ease. That awkwardness turning into effective brutality is so weird a sight.

But while that certainly is an interesting side of him, and I definitely do see it in his expression, let's not forget that it is also a complex, being the bullied outsider, wanting to be confident, also wanting to impress Max, and so on. It's a syndrome of things, and we know he is mostly benign and also kind. That weird, creepy, almost psychotic edge is something he could absolutely still grow out of, being 16 and all.

Of course.

I found him mildly likable in game, save the interest in Max. I've shouted out, "Fuck off, Warren" a few times when he was on screen, kek. I did feel that same warm safeness as I did with Chloe, that came with just being around a dedicated ally, in a game of threats and intimidating people, though.

I'd say watch CH. It's pretty extreme, with rape and real animal deaths, but I think it's good.

>Stop, it's DILEMMA TIME!
No Michel, no!

Yeah, it wasn't really warm, but I also never felt threatened by him, at any point in the game. Not as a romantical threat to Pricefield, not as a sexual one to Max, not as a physical threat to people around him, not psychologically threating as a crazed lunatic.

But there's that psychotic edge there, something more to him and his expressions in body and dialogue than just awkwardness and immaturity. Don't think he'd ever develop that side more, and more likely grow out of it or be able to hide it away completely, but... you never know. Serial killers and psycho killers do come from somewhere, ha.

Will watch CH. Kind of have the suspicion I'll grow bored with it a quarter into it.

Or perhaps, I'll "laugh my ass off"... he he...

nose ruins it

Yeah, these violent films that throw it at you can get repetitive pretty quickly.

CH isn't just repetitive gore, though.

>mfw I never get the ''Kiss'' option

Daily reminder that you will never have something like Chloe and Max have.

What character does Michel mains?

Symmetra.

"You lack imagination."

>Friday 13
It's time. I'm finally gonna chose bay ending. This time only.

How come nobody in this stupid game cares about the fact that Max teleports around them right in front of your eyes?

How come Max can just pop into another timeline all of the sudden and there be no other Max that only knew that timeline?

Why are there so many fallacies in this game that doesn't make any sense?

And why do they keep saying hella and wowser?

Because /lisg/ is extremely biased and don't care about anything other than" MUH Max and Chloe, kiss kiss love, everyone else is shit, if you don't choose bae you're retarded get the fuck out, muh lesbians Tumblr"

Prove me wrong bitch, the only diversity are the avatarfags that think they are a rabbit

Nice bait, and tumblr maymay.

Bay is logically retarded, like you.

please don't support the shit-stirring.

>it is logically retarded to choose saving thousands of people and an entire city where your home and friends are over killing some annoying cunt and saving everyone else because muh love or something
You might be the retarded one here

>He thinks I don't see the Tumblr filename
Even tripfags like scat story writer left this shitty place

Scat is my friend, and I know he still comes here anonymously.

This is /lisg/ in one picture. No Kate, no Victoria, no Warren, no Daniel, no Juliet, no Lisa etc... It's all about Max and Chloe, and if you don't agree with bae ending then you get kicked out for being stupid and not following their culture

Which of the characters do you most look like?

Because Max and Cloe's friendship carried the game

This is the sad truth, but it is what it is and nobody can change(for better or worse) lisg except for dontnod

>some annoying cunt
>muh love

OK, back to your containment, /pol/

Max.

There is literally lengthy posts talking about nuances in expression of Warren of all characters in this very thread, fresh as it is.

You beep should stop trying to stir shit up and actually talk about things to do with the game, as /lisg/ has always done.

Have nothing interesting to say? Thought so.

Nathan.

Oh you're right, you totally didn't need anyone to blow up the principal door lock, Kate also is so insignificant that Chloe gets jealous because Max simply answered a short call

main characters>side characters

>people still answer to obvious shit stirring

>Life is strange doesn't like bullies
>Lisg bullies anyone that chose bay ending
> /v/ is always biased toward one thing
>/Lisg/ biased over the bae ending
Really makes you think
Not ignoring and reporting. It's okay you'll be able to post here again in 8 months once you reach 18 of age

K8 H8s B8.

Name one (1) lisg thread that doesn't have any Tumblr fanart written all over it. Go ahead, I'll wait right here.

It's ok. Everbody makes mistakes.

>People make mistakes
>Others die because of that
>The people who made the mistakes have character development
The circle of life is beautiful ;)

Anyone got that webm of Max showing off her moves on the dancefloor?