Is it true that later on in the series that Iketani is revealed to be a bit of a loser?

Is it true that later on in the series that Iketani is revealed to be a bit of a loser?

how old is his character supposed to be anyways?

Yes, but it isn't in the anime unless you watch the "extra" stages.

Basically, he's mid-20s and still lives with his mom. At the time the manga was being written that's kinda bad I guess, but in post-great recession reality for most of the West it's fucking nothing.

all the speedstars are kinda losers, that's what makes it charming

what are their irl equivalents supposed to be like?

Are they supposed to be autistic dorks. like Itsuki sort of is a typical dork....but Kenji and Iketani are drawn to be relatively good looking guys?

Are they supposed to be dude Bros?

or dude Bros in highschool that never amounted to much?

i think they're supposed to be more average, but everyone looks good in an anime style unless theyre deliberately drawn to be ugly

they kinda just came off as regular underachievers

>a bit of a loser
>later on
You hadn't realized that from the first season where he's sleeping in his boxer shorts and gets called to answer the phone by his mom?

Iketani is probably supposed to look pretty average but is insecure as fuck and spills his spaghetti at a glance, Itsuki is a bowl-cut dweeb and Kenji is a loser who doesn't even get a last name.

>implying they didn't make the supportive senpai a secret loser for fanbase pandering

shows do this shit all the time. it works.
besides as pointed out, it does make the character warmer and more human.

normal guys verging on loser side - like most 18+ guys who watch anime.

also found this just now whilst watching the third movie

He was always a loser, but not as big of a loser as Kenji.

fucking retard pulled in the wrong way

why how bag is Kenji?

is he a neet

Yes. There's no mention of him having any sort of employment, and he just hangs around the gas station all the time.

What's Takumi meant to be? In the first season before they found out Takumi was delivering the tofu he came across as a really quiet person. Was he friends with the group but just didn't speak up?

He's just a kid in town with a spaz best friend, and whose father runs a small business. If they work together at the gas station it's likely they might know each other from before, like a few grades apart.

Oh, and don't make Takumi mad. You wouldn't like him when he's mad.

It's in the lost years in Japan there's nothing wrong with living home in that economic climate into your 30s'

>takumi leaves the theatre after some chads threw popcorn at him and sits in his car fuming when another chad honks at him so starts plotting for a way to shoot up the theatre during a major film release.jpg

Itsuki's O face

iirc in that side chapter that shows takumi and itsuki in middle school they vaguely know iketani and kenji, or at least itsuki does

Aren't Iketani and Kenji like 4+ years older than them? Would be weird for a middle schooler to hangout with 18-19 year olds?

Not necessarily hang.

Well, Iketani and Kenji are friends, Iketani works at the gas station with Itsuki and Dagumi, and he likes cars so Itsuki looks up to him, and goes with him to watch the night races n sheit. I don't think it is weird, its not like he is that much older anyway.

>takumi was a quiet kid with no friends
>never really made friends, just pulled into a group and stayed there
T-they really m-make it r-relatable, don't t-they?

I doubt Takumi thinks other people have realer friends. Besides, every friend group is made of your friend or two, their other friends and their friends, the gas station gang is just a very small version of it (one of each).

in hindsight it was pointless watching after stage 1

>projecting harder than the one in the theater

>tfw I'm Dagumi in character but I look a lot like fat Dagumi in appearance

I always skipped those parts and didn't watch episodes without racing at all.

I just want my doriftos and eurobeat without feeling bad before or after.

This.
You only ever have 1-3 real bros. Everyone else is a person you can trust and shit, but that's it.
Your real bros will be there, always.

Real bro*

I've only really got one friend, and he's scary similar to Itsuke without the bowl cut, from what you guys say here.

>I have never watched the show
Takumi's reputation is for freaking out and beating people up.

How do i get some real Bros?

I'm guessing cos I'm 27 now that it's too late

because of depression I stopped hanging out with friends and stuff at around 19.

closest thing I had to friends was a gf when I was around 21 but felt like having a gf was way too advanced for me when I didn't even have friends lol

autism