/acg/ - Armored Core General: We Did It Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Is Verdict Day worth getting?

I would say yes. You ever play Jet Set Radio before?

Do people still play this game? What are the meta weapons currently? I'd guess stuff like battle rifles and sniper rifles and maybe later rifles and probably pile bunkers

bump

Forever ago.

I assume you're talking about VD.

There are a few major meta builds in team matches. Laser cannon tanks, sniper cannon tanks, physical blade RJs, dual battle rifle mids. You mostly only see these in conquest mode though, and by long-established teams that have worked this strategy down to a science for each map.

But the fact is, by now, if you fight 1v1 against someone they have already seen all the meta shit and already know how to counter it, so there's no true 'meta'. The 'meta' becomes "whatever works ideally against what you think your opponent will bring" because using the right weapon is always better than using the best weapon.

Meta defense distributions are still:

1505 / 1882 / KE
1111 / 2040 / 2200 / 2350 CE
801 / 1091 / 1240 / 1500 / 2500 TE

though you can always get away with running more wild defenses if you focus on some specific strategy like physical blades.

Piles are not really that good anymore because people can actually see them coming and will bait you. Physical blades have infinite ammo and do about the same damage when used on quad legs, and get a MASSIVE hitbox increase when paired with a grind blade or mass blade.

Yeah. Even for the single player is pretty good, though the game was obviously designed for multiplayer

Just make sure you stick with it past the main game. Hardcore Mode, UNAC customization, and multiplayer is the best part of VD.

Oh, also KE shields are a major part of the International server meta. They are a complete shutdown of sniper builds, and since CE weapons have poor range, you need to either rush in close or use TE weapons to break the shields. So if you run KE, you need to make sure your bay weapons can break shields easily.

Get VD if you want to play multiplayer or if you like the slower, strategic combat and haven't played the PS2 games.

If you want a pure single player experience to see what the franchise is like at its best, get AC3, Nexus, or Silent Line instead.

Don't bother. That's old and stale copypasta one person tried to push.

what part is copypasta?

3 of the things you mentioned are not really meta at all desu. Sniper tanks require hitting gud, LC tank is bad outside of a team that can support it very well and even then it's super vulnerable to rushdown and makes for an easy target to snowball into a 4v3. BR midweight is uncommon and you see 3BR heavies far more often. If you had said shotgun/3BR mid I would have given you that though. Even though I rarely see it for some reason.
Also your defense thresholds are off. 801 TE doesn't block all PMGs, it's 2036 CE to block 3BR, etc. And also you neglected mentioning recoil resist which is kinda important considering your 2300CE Aoi heavy will still get eaten by stagger tools paired with 3BR thanks to that 20% defense drop and Aoi having no RR.
(I realize that post is pasta but discussion is legit)

Also phys blades on a quad is a gimmick build that is not going to hit anyone with a brain, equal skill levels and an AC that can wallclimb unless they get a flank or it's a flat map. The UW also doesn't increase hitbox size, just increases damage. It increases the speed of the kick hitbox though

I admit I haven't played that actively in a while, but are you talking about INT or JP? I was talking about JP team matches, I almost never see a JP team without at least one tank, and no one there runs shotgun / 3BR mids. Those are only on INT.

First TE break was 833, I just forgot the number, you're right about that. I think 2040 covers the best tracking CE medium missiles (or is it 2050?). The rest you are correct about.

I was talking about INT, JP has a more tangible meta thanks to more activity. The tanks you're seeing are rarely gonna be laser tanks though. I think the lack of shotgun 3BR cones from there being less things in that defense range, but that doesn't make the strat any less legitimate. I also feel like nips prefer laser speed.
The true terror on both servers is a team with burst damage weaponry that knows how to focus their fire. Coordination means you can pick out the most susceptible enemy and evaporate their AC, and from there it's basically gg.

in my experience, it doesn't matter what you say, if someone asks "what's meta?" whoever responds first is going to get disagreed with by everyone who responds afterward.

There's no one consensus on meta, it depends on which tiny group you played with this month. Game isn't active enough anymore to have a defined meta.

You gon play sometime this weekend?

Do people still run gank squad super heavy UNACs? I remember at least 3 players who had a full team of heavies using gats or BRs that would focus fire on one person and just out-DPS them. They would only fight on the desert maps, too

3 or 4 laser speed quads is still a thing. I don't see any gats ever though

Probably. I've moved back into the dorm, so I have a little time before the semester starts.
But not tomorrow. Gotta go wreck some fags at a prerelease.
The weapons. It was one guy who was always trying to push the battle rifles, sniper rifles, and laser rifles were the meta and then never trying to reinforce the point after that. Kind of a
>this is what I think and I'm right and I'm going to reiterate this every several threads until you like it
Or it could just be somebody else who remembers that guy.

Well after a successful thread I guess the next one is doomed

It's the curse.

Also wednesdays/thursdays tend to be the slowest time

We usually go through a few short lived threads before getting to another big one:

> if you like the slower, strategic combat
I do like that

>and haven't played the PS2 games.
I have though, I think Silent Line and Last Raven were my favorites. I genuinely missed radiators when they removed them in AC4.

You will likely enjoy ACVD. It feels like a 2013 version of AC2:AA, with better characters. I'd say it's top 5 AC games for me.

Bump

Whens AC6 coming out

Wait till E3, it is rumored that AC6 is being developed alongside the 3 other titles From Software's working on.

At this point, is basically a curse

I always undestood what he said as "Fuck the craddles, all of them"

Kinky. I mean, I believe it. Look at that emblem.

Kek, same.

fuck the craddles!

>craddles

So do you think they could use the same engine as Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 for AC6? A lot of the framework is already there. With all the different armors and weapons with various infusions the number crunching is already there, stamina is the generator, rings/runes are optional parts, etc.

its with only one "d"?

I see, so its cradle, not craddle.

My apologies.

No biggie, just poking fun.

What OS do you guys use for PC gaming? I was thinking of something to emulate AC games on, but I'm afraid of upgrading to Windows 10. However, I can't find Windows 7 or 8 anywhere.

By the way, can paraplegic people be pilots?

Or there was a paraplegic Raven/Lynx?

It's up to you, what flavor of botnet do you want?

I'm sure they can, there are no specifics about AC piloting other than for Lynx. Which have a mental link in addition to manual piloting.

What AC game has the best overall setting for non combatants? What's the life of your average salary man like in AC?

My computer automatically installed windows 10 without my consent from windows 7. I wasn't wanting to upgrade at all but I got used to the new setup and it really sped up my computer, just make sure that you turn off the datamining stuff during the installation process. It also emulates perfectly fine in windows 10, I played Front Mission 4 & 5 and Monster Rancher 4 recently.

Yes! I can bomb niggas while on a wheelchair

Probly from one of the original AC games, at least humanity isnt completely fucked then.

Kek

they still didnt balance the minimum KE threshold? DESU the 1505 is way too easy to achieve and giving HBP dominate the meta and left meds to dust (except for Frequency legs)

I wish dual tansies are fun again.

>Even the Soluh's concept art looks cooler than the ingame model
Every single time.

>turn off the data mining stuff in installation
You're funny Xez
You better get on blocking that shit through your router

>get 1505 KE defense because that's what you need right
>someone brings an autocannon on power spec with a stagger tool
>die in 10 seconds from full health
Also dual Tansies are still fun imo

Are you on JP VG, SPECTRE, or some other team entirely?

I feel like at least three people in this thread have played on completely different versions of JP.

Tell us about your JP experience user.

A highly skilled NEXT pilot (one of the top 10) is coming to wreck your corporation's shit. You have an insanely huge amount of funding to set up your defenses to ward off the attack, but you're not allowed to hire another NEXT to participate in the defense. Everything else is fair game.

What weapons and strategies do you use to defeat the NEXT? Keep in mind, this guy (pic related) is funding your operation so you can go nuts. But you have to pay him back (with interest), so you want to devise a usable strategy that also isn't too expensive.

I would make the base fly and reach Cradle airspace, denying the fight in the first place.

penis

That didn't stop Old King and Strayed. The NEXT pilot has to spend some extra resources to get to such a high altitude, but ultimately destroys your base with ease since you didn't put any other opposition in his way.

You died.

Well, only Oldking is mad enough to destroy the cradles

I hope they do, sometimes I resent FA visuals

.VD seems to be a nice place to live, the war has reach a stalemate and the fight for the towers is mostly some skirmish here and there, and outside of the towns near the towers, civils dont seem to be that afected from war, I suppose that living on the cities is pretty safe and without the worry of getting invade out of nowhere.

First, move my most critical assets underground. This will be done by only my most trusted and by word of mouth. No one must know of this.
Second, beef up security/detection systems heavily to detect an incoming NEXT at a distance and whatever else that comes to assault the base.
Third, purchase/construct 50 Normals of slight variation to harass the NEXT.
Fourth, hire/purchase/construct 30 jet fighter planes, with 10 using EN weapons and all 40 using seekers.
Fifth, outfit the outside of my base with turrets that have fast lock-on capabilities and seeker missles.
Sixth, if defenses fail I will use my personal NEXT to destroy the attacker.

Meant to say 40 jet fighters.

Probably SL. Most of society just was released from the controller's control, so they are discovering all sorts of new resources and land and most AC pilots are off in unexplored areas outside of Layered.

I'm fairly sure that Cube piloted his AC purely with his mind.

Windows 10 is better for emulation. It's a lot faster and more efficient and you get things like directx12 and virtual memory that windows 7 and 8 didn't have. 10 is probably the best windows OS since XP.

Isn't CUBE an AI?

Kojima generators/cannons that make sure that their PA is down, 3 teams of Silent Avalance, who will only pop up out of the snow when the AC is surrounded, as well as ECM makers.

Then cabracan's drones. Tons of them. As many of them as we can afford. Just keep sending them after the NEXT, non stop.

They will have no radar, no PA, and no way to avoid damage, eventually they will succumb. A next can easily avoid any super weapon and kill any giant monster, but even the best pilot can't avoid all damage.

He's a human with an AI brain, like most of Reaper Squad.

So, wait, Cube is an reverse robocop?

>What AC game has the best overall setting for non combatants?
I'd say AC2 AA, if the mysterious Disorder Unit mission in the big city is anything to go by, life on earth is pretty cushy by AC standards.

AC2AA was so nice they had to reboot the storyline to make things shitty again.

It's the only AC game with world peace and mars exploration.

If only Omer made the glourious BATTLE TRIKE.

The concept art really made the Lahire look closer to Aaliyah

>battle trike

In our dreams. Imagine jousting with that thing.

I really wish we got the top left one or the bottom right one, the bottom right is giving me Aretha vibes

Bump.

Sure, I'll try to sum up ~95% of the stuff you see on JP.

Kumo and SR LRJs are on top of the food chain, with the latter dishing out low damage, but having absurd survivability. They're not necessarily part of every team composition, though. Next up are Sawa quads, who just shit on anything fast/with lower than 1870 KE defense. You can substitute those with a Sawa HBP, depending on the map, just so you don't get smashed by gat+plasma missile quads. Those usually go together with 1/2 Large Missile Podenka HBPs, supported by an MBP with single/dual mdl. 3 subs. The dual subbed versions usually hold a SG+3BR combo; the single subbed ones have Podenkas on 199 stability arms. If the HBP is feeling confident in his lock-on capabilities, the MBP can just go with a CIWS, though. Then there's a bunch of builds which are less commonly used, due to being too specific/suboptimal/too risky to hire. Gat+Plasma quads only really excel against Sawa quads. Podenka+VTF quads shit on tanks and HBPs, but get stomped by Sawa quads. Heat Cannon WAs are decent, but have less ammo/DPS than the Podenka+Missiles combo. As for tanks, you usually see the AC/AC+HC combo, with the occasional LC tank in the mix. Good DPS, but once you've got some permagliding HBP up your ass, you're in deep shit, so you better have some good kicking skills. Goes doubly so for LC tanks. Some players use PG+SG+CIWS LBPs, but those can't really do anything those other builds can't do just as well. Piles, SC/Howie tanks and Kick ACs, you only see on players who are known for using that type of AC anyway; too high risk for too little reward for most teams. Barely anyone uses KE rifles and HRJs Kumo quads got out of fashion after the meta switched from HBP Strek gangbangs to even more floaty quads.

Probably forgot something important, but that's just about it.