/ovg/ - Haram Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107
forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/25-01-2017-raceroom-has-been-updated.7110/
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live?server=WAT: GT3
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not that I know of.

Well, how about we crash a random Race 07 server and just race?

I'd be down for some of that

Remember that Race07 allows you to see each others skins as long as you just got them installed, so we could make a skinpack for those interested but it won't matter at all if you just don't download them (and no other drivers can see them)

I'm down lads! I own Race07 on steam though. Don't know about you lads? We could add eachother on steam?

Off topic;
Is the head movement in the GT3 mod on rFactor a thing in the mod itself? It's really anoying. Wanna turn it off. Any ideas how?

\UserData\USER\USER.PLR

Find the lines that start like these, and replace the values with mine:

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.20000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="15.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.03000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="10.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Right now there is no sensible spot, and we are running 3 leagues right now. We can do a test race this saturday for fun, and if people like it, maybe we can do it after the 911 cup on sundays.

Also I was talking about the ported race 07 to rfactor. Identical physics(god bless gmotor2 engine) without the car limit of race 07.

Never mind found the headphysics file already.I suppose deleting it makes it go away?

No, that'll make the game crash.
Do this

Post wieners

Cheers i'll do that!

Sounds good to me, if theres any racing this saturday, let us know! I'm interested!

AFAIK Race 07 online is only on Steam.

Just pick a server and post its name (or an approximation), perhaps there's a steam:// link too

Hoping for some ogc soul to capture the ballistic meltdown if SJ finds out we're running touring cars at a similar spot to his series.

The Race07 port to rFactor has never quite felt right to me, the rFactor cars feel like they have too much grip compared to Race07.

>rFactor 1
>grip
Choose one

And there simply won't be the amount of interest that warrants the extra player count of rfactor, which isn't to say it isn't worth running, but just to say it's pointless to spend a lot of effort making it work if there's no need

You wanna try race07 the now?

WTCC #NEVERLIFT.TK is on right now. Macau 07 with WTCC

Joined a random Race 07 server on Macau, because this is where dreams come to end.

Jump on boys

Omw

I'm in the WTCC #NEVERLIFT.TK right now. So far the only one.

Last week he was supposed to do tsukuba but he didn't do anything.
My biggest reason is the track variation. I'm pretty sure more people made tracks for rFactor, maybe. Anyway, people like rfactor more, so I wanna play it safe. Plus you don't need to install a whole game. You can just drop the mod on your GT3 rfactor install and you are ready.

Yeah didn't note the name

Whats your ID? No one is replying to my messages in the server

well, macau with damage was a mistake

Get in the BRNO track server. Im running the E30

...and then something made the game alt-tab and it crashed
the end

windowed mode doesn't even work

Oh shoot! Works like a charm for me? Were in the Zandvoort server right now.

Windowed mode works fine for me. You tried verifying game cache?

Windowed mode is ticked but the game still launches in fullscreen, which is quite puzzling.

What's your resolution? Race07 can't do windowed mode in some resolutions.

1920x1080

1680 x something.

I'll just play in fullscreen and lurk with my phone to find the server

That's a standard resolution so it should work. Maybe try 720p or a 4:3 resolution just to check?

See advice above.

F3000 Macau?

>Macau

More accurate road camber in the second sector

Starting to not look weird, still much work to do though

I have to mail just the dds and .veh files right?

Don't forget your coreshaders.mas

I dont have any of those, its just a folder inside lamda ford gt with the dds and the veh. I have to send all the rest of the model?

It's in GameData\Shared

Don't listen to that moron, the coreshaders stuff is a bad meme

Just zip up your folder with the skin .veh and .dds's inside, you need nothing more, he's trying to mess with you, and is the direct reason new people don't stay long

Thanks that means a lot to me. Didn't think I'd be as quick as Tokyo or you when I first started racing or even this clean. Yeah that's the only problem with that track it's so easy to just go wide and gain speed

it definitely wasn't my cleanest move, and i did use that area when i was by myself because it seemed like most people were doing that. take a look at it from my perspective.

i saw you went wide on that left hander, which let me get a run on you. you realised this and moved over to the left to defend, squeezing me right up to the wall. i didn't want to let off so i took the gap (that existed) and continued along side you. i got a small tap on my right front quarter on the slight right hander. i had to go out wide after that to keep my momentum. i had no idea where you were after that, but i assumed you were right on the edge of the track and weren't going to let me back in, so i turned in half expecting contact, but i thought i would have bumped your pigfat gtr off line slightly or killed my own car.

>tfw cant get below 1:06 in trois rivieres ;_;

wait til next week where the fast guys usually share their setups or replays
anyway, this track is pretty easy since it's mostly 90 degree corners

WTCC server is up with oulton park

mod: forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107

track: trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Oultonpark_2005_V1.7.7z

Liveracers won't do me a favour and show up.

Get 1.25 too. The vauxhall is in there too.

>forza crashes while saving a complex paintjob

shame nobody ever made a compilation with the '08, '09 and STCC cars. Would be nice to have all the Simbin touring cars in one place

Well I'm sure someone here can change that if you ask nicely enough

I want to get into this rfactor /OVGT3/ stuff but rFactor crashes on startup (it's the one from the speadsheet). Tried running as admin and disabling my antivirus but no luck.

try using the ultralite installer in the wiki

why not do this saturday race in raceroom if its a one-off thing? we've never tried it and some of the free cars are alright

Try changing your refresh rate in the rfactor configuration tool, if I have mine on 60 it crashes but if it's on 59 it works fine.

Uninstall the nvidia fix that is included in that install.

i really really really want us to run the BMW Touring cars from Race 07 one of those days, someone ported them over for rf1 and they are a joy to drive.

>still getting terrain.tdf mismatch on the gt3 server

cool

ultralite fixed it, cheers guys

getting closer

idk if you argumentative fuckers still play forza but
aventador pirelli edition now available
also miura homage
and miura homage in 'green'
(most accurate recreations in the storefront)

also

huracan avio

It's cool, as we know from GT3S2, the GT-R and SLS are mortal enemies. No other car is fat enough to displace either of them.

GT-Rs are cancer

t. McLaren

nth for who wants animoomoo skins

the fuck are you talking about I don't see this

>what is bentley

Yeah I have gotten back into playing it again recently. Online experience for me is hit and miss. Mostly due to the completely inexperienced with 600 horsepower in a car with plastic tyres pelting me into a barricade or just players who will push you either into solid objects or wide of a checkpoint so I miss it. Just a small annoyance but it deterring me from tuning light cars that worsen the effect of the problem.

I remember those were good, but actually made from scratch and not a simbin conversion.

The Race logos are just on the cars because the real wtcc cars had them that year

That first one is unironically cool. The rest, meh.

You mean, like Race 07?

Race, Race07, STCC - The Game, RACE On, STCC - The Game 2, WTCC 2010

That's 4 seasons of WTCC and 2 seasons of STCC which include a bunch of extra car models

filipinos have no taste

Yeah, but if you have them all on Steam you can launch any of the games and access all the content, potentially mixing them online.

what does installing race mods in Gran turismo 1 even do? Is it just cosmetic?

Raceroom patch coming through boyz!

Most cars gain aero (or it becomes tunable), and perhaps a general buff of grip and performance.

#1 is just a non weeb version of my Viper

That's what makes it cool :^)

lolVR

forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/25-01-2017-raceroom-has-been-updated.7110/

>no matchmaker
boo

They said it will be a gradual rollout, so the leaderboard division thing might be the first change on the way to an iRacing style system

>Moved the message area used for displaying current camera, chat messages etc. down a bit so they don't overlap with the text field that displays which leaderboard division the player is in.

Nice

>Introduced “Stress factor” for AI. AI’s can now be pushed into making mistakes when under pressure. Likelihood of those mistakes increases from being chased and from collisions.
>When two AI’s are side by side reaching a braking point, one will brake 3% earlier and the other 2% later, depending on longitudinal position and relative speeds

Interesting, I wanna how it translate to the game.

Man, when R3E update the game, they update hard.

>get in aventador
>find new designs
>description: Pirelli
>
>I profit to the tune of 500 dollarydoos
Repeat for miura editions

Ranek shills pls go

kek

feel like doing a non weeb skin for myself desu

Evening lads, what are some of the laptimes you are doing on the GT3 rFactor Circuit Trois-Rivières track?

Tried the track for the first time last night. Was doing a 1:02:48 as my fastest with some basic settings. Trying to build up some consistency on the laptimes. I'm probably slow as fuck desu

I've been doing 1:02's as well, can probably go faster with some more practice.

If you are unaware you can look at laptimes here. wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live?server=WAT: GT3

00:00.00

ah skins ok. I'll check them out when I get home

1:02s too, on supersofts

Is there a way to tell what tires the laptimes were posted on?

>Is there a way to tell what tires the laptimes were posted on?
No

wait you can connect to the server and practice?

yes?

>ah skins
As opposed to

like actual new cars

B-but its not February user

Pls download the avio too

XJC4R-0JTBP-TBQYT

tell me if it works

It does, but I already had the game before

I managed to make the liveracers work

wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC

I'll make a doc for the stuff and the time of start.