How old were you when you started liking cars?

How old were you when you started liking cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BTo-Wzdong
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when trump made america great again.

I had just turned 18 and passed my test.

Seems strange looking back, but I had always liked cars - it just took me until that point to realise it.
I used to be a delivery driver in my town. Every night, before dawn, I'd make my deliveries in my father's hatchback. I started young, but where most would be excited to be given the opportunity to drive at that age, I was completely apathetic, and only obliged out of respect for my father and the family business. However, driving the same familiar route every night for 4 years trained me into a very good driver - something that went unnoticed until the summer before high school ended, where I passed a local racer who struggled to keep up.

Once word spread, all of my friends and colleagues began encouraging me to race. I was reluctant at first, but after the first victory, I began to open my eyes to the fact that I actually enjoy driving.
From this point, all I wanted was my own car. I was sick of using my fathers car. Luckily, he had saved all the money I'd earned from making the deliveries at night - once he learned of my wish to get a car, he gave me the option to buy his.

Idk why I bothered to type this but I started thinking once I read your post and it made me nostalgic. A lot happened in that year - including me meeting my first girlfriend. If not for discovering my love of cars, I don't think I'd be anywhere near as happy as I am now.

16 when I started driving, I never gave a fuck about cars before that.

Is this a pasta

when I was like 6 I really liked cars, but I wasnt interested in them again until I had gotten my permit and school permit and my parents were shopping for a car for me, and they wanted my input so I researched and started learning about cars and stuff

no, it's tofu

About 4 or 5 when I got addicted to Herbie movies and got introduced to the Cannonball Run movies

i am 35 and still dont. they are a pain in the ass.
especially German ones.
but i am here because i like motorbikes

Around birth or shortly thereafter

kek, I never even bothered to read the whole thing, I get it now.

I've always liked them.

i was 15-18 my childhood friend and i would sit at his house and play need for speed nonstop and watch the fast and furious movies

then i got my first car when i was 18 and we would do dumb shit like try to drive the car using our hands to press the pedals and see who could floor their car the longest before lifting

then it evolved into hanging out with school friends who would speed in the park and do juvenile races in the parks at night

shit was fun

I didn't care much about cars up until I turned 18 and got my license

I was 11 and my mom got me pic related. I was custom-tuning gear ratios and doing the 2-hour races within a year.

Then I got Midnight Club II - that really sealed it.

Then I moved to the US, saw TFaTF, and my high school neighbor had a 1st gen eclipse that he modded.

I didn't see Initial D until I was 22 oddly enough.

>ruining fresh pasta

I'm 30 yo and I literally didn't give a shit about cars until about a year ago when I saw Fury Road (this is 100% true). In spite of my dubious background, I'm slowly becoming the go-to "car guy" in my family and friends group.

Probably when played Grand Turismo 3, or driver on the playstation.

Don't really remember where my love of cars came from...probably because they were fast, and I guess that was reason enough for a 3 year old. I do remember, however, that my very first favourite car was the EK Honda Civics - guess I was born a ricer and I'll die one lmao

My parents wouldn't let me play shooting games as a kid and I played Project Gotham Racing for hours, I wasn't obsessed with cars but it was a lot more exiting than watching nascar and drag racing

>Then I got Midnight Club II - that really sealed it.
This too

>driver
>trying to do that fucking "tutorial" as a kid who knew nothing about cars

19, two years after I got my license.

Before I can remember.

lmao

newfags wont get this pasta

Like 3 years, but didn't drive one till I had 18 years because I livef in a city and my dad was paranoid about police sanctioning us for driving illegaly.

When I was born a guy. What guy doesn't like cars?

As young as i can remember. By age 4 all my toys were cars, By age 6 almost all of my video games were racing. Pic related were the fucking days. by age 13 I had started playing Forza 4 and watching Top Gear. I consider that the "Golden Age" of my interaction with cars because i was learning a lot everything felt mystifying and it was fun learning the stories of my favorite cars and historical events in motorsports. it was fucking magical.

As i got older some people would ostracize me simply because i was interested in these machines most people just considered appliances. Even the most mundane shitboxes could have an interesting story to tell.

If i ever had the ability to have even ONE of my wishes granted it would be to go back in time and influence/help the automotive industry world wide so every car or manufacturer could reach the potential it was intending to meet before bean counters either fucked it up or business conflicts arouse.
>all those unexplored mid-engine'd corvettes
>all those projects killed off by GM to protect the corvette
>all those small manufacturers who had great ideas and/or talent but didn't have the funds (Mosler Panoz etc)
>all those cars who's initial release left a bad taste in people's mouth were forever damned (this goes out to all the "unsafe at any speed" cars)

I always liked motorcycles but didn't get into cars until I watched Initial D when I was 15

This. The earliest memory of my life is of me 'piloting' a toy car. I have been a petrolhead for as long as I can remember, literally.

I didn't dislike cars when I was a kid or anything. I thought they were cool, but I wasn't really a car guy (my brother certainly was though, and still is).
I tried changing my oil by myself, looked up how to do other maintenance, started learning about how shit actually works, and it snowballed from there.

Forza 4 was released in October 2012

If you were 13 in October 2012 you're now 17

Underage b&

No, it was 2011.
youtube.com/watch?v=7BTo-Wzdong
>2011 trailer from E3
>released in October the same year

Apparently I used to wish our family car goodnight and salute it every night, I guess I was an Veeky Forumstist from birth.

Lol, I had nicknames for our family cars and had conversations with them.

Nice to know that I'm not alone, user.

I've always sort of liked cars. But i guess my casual interest transitioned into being a genuine enthusiast when I was about 13 or 14. It started as watching Top Gear and playing racing games and then reading magazine and internet articles from industry publications to getting my license when I was 19 and working on cars myself.

I was born liking cars.My brothers and cousins used to streetrace when they were younger and insaner than now. Unlike them, I had an accident at 19 and only got the courage to drive again last year.

probably about 2 when I started collecting hot wheels

>Only in australia

That truck looks absolutely terrible.

I want it

Assmad bike faggot detected

I was born into it.

My dad worked as a pit marshall for Indycar in the 80s/90s

Pic is me at Road America when I was like 5

what did you end up getting user?

I still remember playing with Hot Wheels then. started really learning how they worked in 8th grade.

The first time four year old me laid eyes on an early 90's F350 with duallys basically.

As long as I remember, so maybe since the age of 3 or 4 I guess.

likewise, dad was a mechanic in his formative years, used to race bikes.

As long as I could fucking remember vehicles were in the forefront of my mind, in my earliest memories I wanted nothing more than to get my license and to go 300 km/hr.

I don't drive much these days but I'm crazy for bikes.

21, when I went to my first car meet. I was one of those "cars are for going from point A to B" people.

When Mustang SVT Cobra R existed.

fuck off iketani

Is this.... Takumi?

Always knew cars were cool but I didn't start to really get into them until just after I turned 14 when I started to get bored of computer hardware.

Probably the best thing that I've ever done.

I feel like I'm stuck between the two. Just did a course on Automotive Tech but now I wanna transfer to a computer engineering degree.

fuck life isn't long enough

Three or four. I remember staying up late with my dad playing Gran Turismo on the PS1 and grinding to get money to fully upgrade all the cars we wanted. Good times desu. Had a time where I didn't do much with learning about cars but now I'm finally starting to realize how cars are basically the only things I like learning about.
>tfw didn't fall for the engineer meme and will never design own cars/engines

Loved cars in low single digits

When i saw fast n furious for the first time.

Probably at the age of 5. I got my licence at 27 though.

Didn't care at all until I passed my test.

>had hot wheels at 1
>played burnout when the ps2 came out at 5
>tried to drive realistically in midnight club at 6
>did the same with midnight club 2 at 7
>also had other burnout and hotwheels games
>would play a "spotting cars" game with my dad where we'd look for cool cars for points like hummers, corvettes, etc. at 8
>got gta san andreas at 9
>got gta 4 at 13
>drove for the first time illegally at 14
>got my first car at 17
>car already had engine, suspension, exhaust and cosmetic mods at 18
>just got my 3rd car and plan on rebuilding the engine and turbo charging it, at 19

18, after seeing Mad Max 1. I just had to know more about the falcon, which eventually led me to my classic car/truck/anything obsession.

5, when I saw the NSX in a magazine.

Same story for me, not allowed to play shooting, so cars was the next best thing