Was he right?

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CZlcRezBFXA?t=270
youtube.com/watch?v=wHVD60GOHe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess there's situations where power sliding and drifting a little might be faster than gripping through?

I mean, you don't see people pulling sikkk skidz when going for lap times, do you?

Yeah, but he is just a butthurt benchracer like most gtr drivers.

The only thing he did wrong was not winning.

>stands close to you

happens in rally

Rally is generally done on roads with fuck all traction, where it's the only way to keep your speed around corners.

DON'T STAND SO

To an extent, yea. However, he would've been a ton better if he learned to powerslide with the R32, since its corner recover would be formidable even in a race against Dagumee.

>ywn be nakazato
>ywn own a black r32 and blast back on the rocks while overtaking scrubs

It's an abstract kind of feel

Sliding in rally is done so transitions from different levels of friction are less jarring, because it's faster than trying to take a grip line wrong since you don't know the apex of every corner, you can adjust your arc easier, and more.

Is touge driving really that different from rally?

It's not like these roads are frequently in pristine condition. Makes sense that rally technique would be transferable to driving on shitty poorly-maintained public roads.

He never passed anyone, though. Not in the entire manga/anime.

Yes, but because roads aren't exactly prepped race courses was why Takumi's speed drifting was viable on downhills.

He did on the first season

Luckily we have a racing format that's just like a tight and twisty touge battle, hill climbs! the answer is all contained in here.

youtu.be/CZlcRezBFXA?t=270

Now you can all stop fucking posting like initial D is real life no?

he lost all the races he's ever been in, so i'd say no

>Paved Pikes Peak
I wanted to forget this was a thing.

>posts a hillclimb
>most the races featured (as in actually shown) in the anime are in the opposite direction
>likewise posted a course with mostly new asphalt that hasn't had much time to deteriorate
>and a car specifically designed for the track, in no way street legal, and featuring technology 15+ years newer than anything available in the time period the anime takes place in

As much as I agree with you.. surely you see how this has little bearing on the conditions the show takes place under. Really the only similarities are "it's a road with a lot of corners and it's on a hill."

Shoulda' posted something from the late 90s, but that wouldn't support your narrative, so I can see why you avoided it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wHVD60GOHe4

well you can look at any tarmac rally from any era if you want, the only times they "slide" on tarmac rally is when they come up on a hairpin that basically doubles back down on itself and it's not a "drift" it's a handbrake turn followed by immediately gaining as much actual traction as they can.

What did he say?

These threads always show that people here are clueless bus riders that have never taken a low powered rwd shit box onto a tight mountain road and tried to go as fast as possible

Its not a race track
Its not a race car
You don't have slicks
the surface isn't prepped...
It's literally impossible to go fast without the rear end constantly stepping out

He basically said that anyone who drifts is stupid because drifting is slow.

This show is literally Rubberbanding: The Anime.

Being the worst of the best doesn't make you not good.

Takumi doesn't slow down once he passes someone.

he doesn't drive a low powered RWD shitbox, he drives a high powered AWD nicebox

>"""racing"""
>only one car on the course
sure thing bub

>he's never overheated his tires in a race
>he doesn't understand tire management

The answer should be obvious. You use what is going to give you the most cornering force/grip without fully wearing your tires out to finish the race.

the only race he ever won in the series was in a drama cd against a noname

>Went out in muh old V8
>Blasting corners like no other
>Power slide into oncoming traffic literally only 5 mph over the speed limit
>narrowly miss some fucker in a small car
>pull over to see what my issue is
>all tires completely bald
Power sliding on public mountain roads with traffic is the worst shit. Fun as hell but terrifying at the same time