>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem.

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires. They're even better with an LSD)

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2h3kad6wzw
roadster.blog/p/technical.html
autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/Miata MX-5/Nanaimo/British Columbia/5_30078267_/?prx=100&orup=11_10_41&srt=3&showVs=1&ts=1485120493467
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw $500 to have a hardtop shipped to your house

Alright lads. Just bought a 1990 shitter. It has 160k miles and has a fuck ton of dents. Probably been drifted cause the sides of the tires are torn to shit. But it was 1500 bucks and it runs. What's the first thing I should be doing to the car maintenance wise? Also the speedometer doesn't work and it makes a squeaky noise from the dash. Also the (literally) nigger put 17 inch wheels on it that rub the fender every time I turn. Thanks lads

1. Post pics

2. Change fluids

Get smaller wheels to fix rubbing

That's about it tbqh. You can rebuild the shifter if you want. I hear it helps a lot

the new miata is >cute

Change the oil, swap out the wheels, inspect the brakes (especially with those larger tires, I've got money that the brakes are beat to shit), you may want to consider doing a timing belt, but since the 1.6 is a non-interference engine you're probably fine.

Those are the biggest things. Change the other fluids too, coolant flush, brake fluid, differential, transmission fluid.

Along with the bigger wheels, it could have caused some additional wear and tear on the front end, so it may be due for ball joints, wheel bearings, etc.

SEXY

I posted in the last thread and quickly became distracted by life.

>tldr
>old guy selling 90 miata 1.6l
>190k miles, clean interior and exterior, 5k on water pump and timing belt (receipts), clutch slipping, no a/c
>asking $1800 fixed
Whats a fair price as is? $1000-$1200?

please dont post pictures for ants ITT

Very

youtube.com/watch?v=v2h3kad6wzw

im pretty sure the old threads still up as well as my reply. Offer $1200 and work from there if he won't accept that price.

Also has a new top with rear glass.
Im genuinely interested. An oem clutch is $180 and a/c im not too worried about.

Dern. I thought I saved the thread but couldn't find it. But i just wanted to get some thoughts, thanks man!
Ive seen some beat to shit ones with that mileage go for $2500-$3500 around here.

Bidding on a position that's supposed to be coming up at work. If I get it, I'm thinking about havign my NA wrapped and doing an Itasha style hood.

I'm thinking of doing it in a glittery purple with Hotaru Shidare on the hood. What would /mg/ do?

use the catalog
crtl + f miata general

I unironically like itasha wraps even though I strongly dislike anime. Not sure how much it costs but tbqh I'd rather spend it on performance modifications.

>that absolutely perfect fitment

How bad is a miata with electrical problems? I saw drove one but the horn and all the lights were out. I know it could just be a fuse, but how hard would be to find what caused it? Not worth my money or time?

I was going to buy some daisies for my miat, but some fag sniped them
Question is, do NB wheels look good on NA's? And will there be any fitment issues?

probably just a fuse, and there's nothing to worry about unless the problem persists

roadster.blog/p/technical.html

man

Well I finally got a Miata. So fucking hyped.

hey mg, i have an na miata and im gonna be getting rid of it soon to buy a newer car($10,000 budget+-) and i do alot of canyon/ downhill driving. my question is what should i get next im thinking of an nc club,s2000 ap2, or 350z. i live in california so if anyone can recommend a better option im open to ideas. wanna dd if for years and turn it to a track car down the line which is why im leaning to an nc(dat support). what would you guys do?

INB4 put 10k into na or turbo na. not gonna happen

mr2 spyder, z4, or 350z

s2ks are for retards

isnt the spider boring? how are the z4 reliability wise?

S2000 is the next best thing. serious. NC Miata is ugly and is barely an upgrade.

350z is a meme car.

Are you implying all 3 of those cars dont have crazy aftermarket support? Esp the S2k???

No fitment issues and ya they look good

Grats, it looks good!

I say NC. 2.5 swap is cool and the chassis is pretty good once you sort out the soft suspension. Plus they're still getting cheeper

Love the look of the s2k. Ill think about it just tired of winding out little engines. Drove a tt and it felt so much faster then my na. Since then ive been craving more power

Went down to Mazda a couple weeks ago and ordered a '17 GT, 6MT soft top. White with black interior.
Sold them my '06 987 Boxster S... Now the hard part... Waiting! My car isn't even being built until February, so it probably won't hit the port in Vancouver until April...

Feels good to be getting back into the fold, though. I had an '07 GT until I made the mistake of trading it in a '14 BRZ...

>Pic related. should look something like this.

Incidentally, I actually found my old Miata for sale this past weekend.

autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/Miata MX-5/Nanaimo/British Columbia/5_30078267_/?prx=100&orup=11_10_41&srt=3&showVs=1&ts=1485120493467

It's like seeing an old GF turn up on the news or something...

how would i find out what year and what kind of exhaust would fit on my miata its a NA with a bp 1.8 i bought it off ebay and the listing for the engine was 95-01 with a 6 speed swap on it if anyone can help me out on figuring out what kind of exhaust that can fit that'd be great right now it just has its maxim work headers and no exhaust.

What did't you like about the brz?

Man the ND is so perfect
My only issue is that the headlights are kinda squinty

>Black and tan roof and interior
fucking beaut, why did you sell it?

Any wiring guru's? My tail light works but both rear break lights are out. Everything else including the hazards work but the rear breaks aren't working with the brake pedal.

I do hope this wire is the issue but i've looked around and i've got no bloody clue where it goes. It starts above the fuel tank also

Any advice is appreciated

This new RF miata is like a really fucking hot trap. You know at the end of the day that its not a miata, but you still think its fucking sexy and would suck its dick.

"no"

How is it not a Miata?

cause miatas cant have hardtops
...even though every generation has had coupes/hardtops made

bump

I love my cute(cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) little gay shitbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t. busrider

Hey guys can you help me out please, i was going to do a boost leak test and i was taking some tubing apart and this plastic piece connected to this ??? broke off inside the tube. Any help is appreciated.

Wider pic

lol

After 7 years I just wanted a change, so I traded it in on a 2014 BRZ w/ Sport Tech.

I drove the BRZ for ~9 months before getting fed up and trading it for the Boxster.

BRZ
>no torque
>god-awful cheap plastic interior
>stock tires were beyond "low speed fun" and into dangerous territory

There were a lot of good things about it (CoG, chassis rigidity, engine rev'd like crazy), but in the end it wasn't for me.

>pic related. my BRZ

Man the BRZ is so visually bland

And now this gal is gone too!

Fuck. I dunno why that's upside down

Sorry!

Thanks for the warnings on the BRZ

How was the ride btw?

Why'd you get rid of the Boxster?

Have fun in your boring dime a dozen german car while me and my boyfriend suck eachothers dicks in our cool convertible

This is my first car. Picked it up just a couple hours ago. It's a '97 M-Edition; paid $3600 for it. 130k miles but it's mechanically perfect. Brand new Nitto NT-450s, recently replaced brakes, brand new clutch. New top too. It's just gorgeous. I literally cried after I drove it home. Now I'm dying to get it registered, but I won't be able to until Saturday. I can't contain my excitement.

good feel

Tfw you get to the court house and its closed cause weekend

Im 6'3 would i fit in a hardtop mk2 miata?

Hardtops have more headroom than the convertible tops, if you have long legs, you might have to do the foamectomy to the drivers seat in order to fit. The only way to tell is to sit in one. I fit into my miata perfectly because I'm only 5'2"

i'm 6'4" with a soft top nb. it's not exactly the best fit but I still love it

Has anyone ever changed their head gasket?

>he thinks the dmv is open on Saturday

Kek

The BRZ rode well and had great balance. If you can get past the complete lack of torque and the lackluster interior (and buy better tires), then it's a great ride.

I got rid of the Boxster because as nice as it was to have gobs of power, 12 way heated seats, big Bose system, full leather interior, etc etc... It was still a "big" uber-complex Germanmobile.
As much fun as I had, there was always the thought that at any second I was going to incur a $10,000 repair bill...
I never had a thought like that even once in my '07 Miata, and it was that fact that led me to sell the Boxster and order the ND.

no

it's okay, user. I already checked the hours. my path to glory is clear.

Damn, I wish my DMV was open on Saturdays. I had to take time off work to go register my Miata.

Thanks guys.
5'2 are you a grill?

yes

managed to grab a nice 6 speed gearbox from nb for my 1.6 na
here's a dumbass question, should i get 1.8 NB clutch kit or 1.6 NA?

>If you are under 6'2
>Under 6'2
>Fucking manlets

Do I look like a fucking cuck to you????

Just did a fomeactomy on my seats in preparation for the coming season. Removed foam from the bottom instead of the top because of the seat heating, pulled the foam off with my fingers and I can't feel that the surface is somewhat uneven, gained maybe about 1" of headroom (but as a turbomanlet I did it mostly to sit lower).

Go and hit your head on a fucking lampost you lanklet faggot! 5'5" master race reporting in

No. The 1.8 clutch works better for high-power applications as it's bigger, but that also means that it's heavier and has more moment of inertia due the bigger diameter. I will and I know others that have converted their 1.8 to 1.6 clutches in order to get a more free revving engine.

no I'm not a girl, I'm just short beyond anyone's expectations

Brake pedal switch maybe?

Daily reminder that you are all flaming faggots and the Miata ownership is a symptom of deep-seated homosexual genetics and you guys should all stop being pussies and drive actual cars. god you idiots piss me off

i found this picture of you

Just let us be what we are!

Chicagofag here. How much can I expect Miata prices to rise by in spring/early summer and also is it better because of a wider selection of miatas available? Thanks

>mfw i can only drive a bargain bin miata

>tfw no nopro hood vent

which is what? cancer? do whatever the hell you want, just get off my roads. i can't wait to merge into one of you in my f150

I want to love the s2000, and almost everything about it is a direct upgrade to the miata, but the sole fact that its a honda is what turns me off so much about it. To the point where I would rather trade reliability and pay more for an FD than to be associated with those honda "people"

anyone else feels the same way?

I'm looking to try and get a hard top. I'm in the midwest atm and its like no one has one for 500-700 usd. would it be best to check out forums? I've been on craigslist most of the time that I search.

facebook groups are possibly the best place to buy and sell. try there and avoid their shitposting

You're just insecure, faggot.

I'd like to own an EG4 Civic with a few simple mods one day.

thanks, mate, but I don't have a facebook sadly... is there another option?

I feel the same way, but then I really think about what I hate more. The actual cars or the people that drive them and flex them.

I hate the fan base for honda, but I do like some of their cars. you can't say that the Teggie is not an iconic piece of ingenuity or that the NSX is an oversteering piece of shit