Make a fun chassis

>make a fun chassis
>make it good looking
>make it have a pretty decent interior
>give it a gutless and boring 4 cylinder
>also make it obscenely expensive

Why doesn't this heap of shit have an inline-6? They could have plucked literally any 6 cylinder engine off the shelf and the car wouldn't have been garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

revvedmag.com/engine-tech/dyno-testing/drift-offices-401-hp-e85-devouring-fr-s-hates-traction-control/
shop.weaponsgradeperformance.com/products/wgp-brz06-frs-brz-ls-swap-kit
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681592759/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People are already bitching that it's too expensive, what do you think a V6 is going to do to the price? A V6 plus all the added support for said engine is going to turn it into a 3200lb pigfat beast (see V6 Genesis).

Hopefully this answers all your questions.

buy one used. saw one for sale with 30k miles for $15k miles.

>26k or less
>obscenely expensive
>200hp n/a
>gutless
The Miata with a track pack is about that price and I don't see anyone complaining about that (inb4 benchrace shitposting infographics).

how do I pay in miles

Or use that money for a real car, like a C5 FRC Corvette

>cheaper
>bigger
>costs less

Really makes you think....

Hate to tell you but the Miata with the not-shit engine is almost $10k more than a BRZ

I said Miata with a track pack(LSD, suspension, brakes), not a Fiata.

>obscenely expensive
What are you? Poor? I'm a student working less than one day a week and can afford this in a country where you pay the equivalent of 1,000$ for insurance.

Also, the engine has more than enough power to get from corner to corner. If you're an American trying to race it in straight lines, you should kill yourself.

Not all Americans hate it or think it's grossly underpowered I promise

If it were to have a 6 banger it would be a Toyota V6 or a Subaru H6.

But everyone who says it's grossly underpowered is an American.

It's supremely underpowered.
t. britcuck

I keep waiting for the cheap thrasher's destroyed by dagumi's but they never come.

Murifat here, I think that it's ok being underpowered. It's designed to be something that is designed to cut your teeth on with lots of room to grow/upgrade in the future.

It's honestly pretty impressive, the whole package is great for the 20 something who can afford/has space for one car, needs reliable transport, and wants to hit AutoX/HDPE's.

It doesn't even have lots of room to grow/upgrade because the engine is high compression. Getting power out of a BRZ is expensive and that's just to get it up to accord levels of performance. It's a fuckwaste of money.

That's why you buy one with a blown engine and LS swap it.

So 400HP with a turbo and E85 is apparently not enough for you?

Would make more since to put in WRX internals and F/I of your choice TBQH

>get it up to accord levels of performance
In the last thread I said Veeky Forums would buy a minivan instead if it had a quick 0-60 time and high skid pad numbers. You measure performance in quarter-mile times, a car design to handle like a go-kart just isn't for you.

400hp is batshit insane for a 2800lb car, and who knows about reliability at that point. Trans, diff, CVs might not handle it. Also the scarcity of gas stations with E85 is a concern.

You can't make 400HP without dumping well over $10k into an FR-S/BRZ. The suspension won't handle it, the engine won't handle it, the fuel pump won't handle it, nothing will handle it.

Meanwhile you can buy a c5 vette for $10k and put a $1k cam in it to make over 420hp without doing anything else

>the engine won't handle it, the fuel pump won't handle it
Except they do. They easily hit 350 ith stock injectors, pump, and nothing else modded in the engine. That was just with the turbo. Switching to E85 brought the rest of the power and needed new injectors and a pump that were needed just to make E85 provide enough fuel, not because it couldn't take the power.

revvedmag.com/engine-tech/dyno-testing/drift-offices-401-hp-e85-devouring-fr-s-hates-traction-control/

People like you make me sick

I like the 86 a lot but yeah, e85 guy is being retarded. If he wanted 400+ hp a used 5.0 S197 is what he should buy.

did you even fucking read the article you linked?

The graph shows it makes 300whp on the dyno, with less than 200lb-ft of torque below 3500rpm with a kit that includes LARGER INJECTORS and a fuckton of upgrades

>AVO Turboworld’s Stage 2 package, which includes or swaps out the following; larger injectors, upgraded MAP sensor, 8 psi wastegate actuator, AVO clutch, AVO lightweight flywheel, AVO 2.5-inch overpipe, AVO 2.5-inch front pipe, and an AVO 2.5-inch exhaust. This combo twisted the Drift-Office Dynojet to the tune of 301.6 whp and 255.5 lb/ft of torque at 10.7 psi.

With their "stage 1" kit that costs $4995, the car makes 230WHP on the dyno

it's shit fucking kill yourself

I read the article, but you didn't.

>At 10 psi, 320 whp was easily attained. But that number was already achieved at 12 psi using 92-octane, lesson learned. Drift-Office jumped it up to 110-octane and the FA20 belted out 350 whp and 275 lbs-ft of torque at the same 12 psi boost level, all this with stock injectors, factory pump, and no internal engine mods.

>12psi with 12.5:1 compression ratio

Warranty void, engine blown in under 100k miles.

If that's what you choose to believe.

The fact they didn't throw in the V6 camry engine that the is350 uses makes me irrationally angry.

You can EASILY get sub 5 second 0-60 runs in an is350 with easy and cheap mods, and it's just a fucking camry engine. Literally, thats it, nothing special. If they offered that engine, along with the 4 cylinder, it would be great. This car would be god tier.

BUT NO. THE JAPS HAD TO RUIN IT. WHY WOULD I BUY A NEW GT86 FOR 27K WHEN I CAN HAVE A GODDAMN LEXUS FOR ONLY 5K MORE THATS ONLY 2 OR 3 YEARS OLD WITH LESS THAN 30K MILES

GOD

My next car will be an IS350 F Sport and everytime I see one of these piece of shit "twinzz" I'm going to smoke the shit out of them and laugh the entire time I do it while I sit in my luxury car.

Most people I know who run high boost have forged pistons, conrods and revised cylinder heads for lower compression.

Because you can get a used 86 for $13,000 less than that used Lexus.

Dumping all that money into a econowagon engine when you can buy a LS swap kit and a LS? Nah.

shop.weaponsgradeperformance.com/products/wgp-brz06-frs-brz-ls-swap-kit

I dunno what kind of fast you're looking for out of this platform.

Intake, exhaust, and a tune is all you'd really need on something that's supposed to be a good way to learn driving fast. You'd probably be better suited with tires and suspension. N/A its got one powerband, that's not too much for the car, it gives room for error in throttle input, and there's no bump in torque when the turbo spools up, just one less thing to contend with while learning.

And when you're confident in your abilty to take the car to that limit, there's definitely room to move up. And high compression and boost aren't mutually exclusive, it just requires greater precision and you can't get as high of pressures on your gauge before preignition, but you do get better off-boost performance.

My accord is 14 years old and has a faster 0-60, that is what I have a problem with. My accord v6 is slow, I have been in much faster cars than it and I cannot believe anyone would ever spend $26k to go slower than my $4000 accord.

I would say that even the 370z is a better option than the FR-S/BRZ, and that's saying a lot.

Yeah, and that's a lot more in cost than just a $5k turbo kit. Doing all that to a FR-S/BRZ makes it cost well over $35k and that's only if you can do the work yourself, if you can't it'll be well over $40k. By that point you could have just bought something better and kept the warranty, and had even more headroom for performance.

There's a lot of options if you want power, yes. But not many if you want something 2700lbs. The extra 100hp isn't worth the extra 1000lbs imo.

Ahahah

I used to think like you, that's how I ended up bracket racing an econobox on spray for a couple years while thinking my N/A RX7 was just something I'd let sit till I got a Turbo II motor to put in it, because there was no way it would be fun without it.

I doubt my Mazda will come close to pulling 14 second 1/4 miles any time soon, but that's ok, as it's not what it's best suited for. Whoever keeps saying Veeky Forums would take a minivan if it had a good 1/4 mile time is right.

For 26K, you get a reliable car with decent fuel mileage, a comfortable interior and ride, that is at the same time a good track toy that has better than average devaluation. It's a pretty solid investment as far as a new car purchase goes.

I wonder what would be better/lighter. the 2GR or the EZ36

What are my other options for a RWD daily driver that is small, fun, and decent on gas? People shit talk this car on Veeky Forums all the time, but if you're in southern Ontario like I am, you don't have a lot of options for RWD lightweight cars. And don't say Miata because the 86 blows them out of the fucking water and has (barely usable) backseats.

>obscenely expensive

i'm gonna assume you shower at a gym, sleep on a park bench, & are posting this from the free internet access at a library

nobody that has a job thinks a brz/frs is expensive. even teenagers making minimum wage can afford it, you would literally need to be homeless to think it's expensive.

>cheaper
>costs less

nigger, what kind of parallel universe are you living in if a brand new 2015-2017 (s550) v8 mustang is cheaper than a brand new 86/brz?

have you ever considered that you might have a mental disability?

Nigger that shit is expensive as fuck for a 4 cylinder.

People pay $60k for 4 cylinder Porsche's. You're paying for the light weight.

It's like saying $120 for a meal isn't expensive, but the meal is a cheese and ham sandwich. Four cylinders doesn't justify that pricetag.

>Expensive as fuck for a 4 pot
wot.
Why does the engine configuration have any input on the price of the vehicle? In terms of the raw materials and time going into the vehicle 4/6cyl makes sweet fa difference. The engine is pretty decent in these, sits nice and low and is quite reliable for a very low pricepoint.

L6 famboy faggot thinks his opinion means anything Lmao
Anyone who likes l6 is a stupid fuck who should be ignored

It needs a turbo, yes. A V6 is going to make it weigh too much. A V6 is useless in a "sports car" now days. Use a turbo4 or a V8, there's no need to half ass it. Save the V6 for Camry's and minivans.

Four cylinder cars are just flat out boring, they sound like roasted piss.

It could have been a flat-6 and it would have been great, or even just a slight boost of displacement to 2.2-2.4L.

>t. assmad BMW hater

Flat 6's are fucking useless and sound like minivan engines. Increasing the displacement wouldn't do much besides add weight. They'd still need to run crazy compression to get "acceptable" power and meet emission bullshit.

This.

You faggots don't realise how cheap a good quality 2nd hand FRSBRZ86 can be.

Costs the same by inflation as the 240 and 180 sx

Yes and small rwd cars that are foreign never go under 23k if compared with inflation taken into account.

It needed an inline 4 your fucking faggot

>make a fun chassis
>a fun chassis
>fun chassis

A cobalt ss weighs 2900 pounds
Turn the boost up ononeof those and remove the 3 passenger seats, the hood and the spare tire. Just as fast more reliable

LOL

Fucking faggot kill yourself, how do you come to that conclusion?

How old are you willing to go? There are a lot of options in Canada if you're willing to put up with an 80s car

I'm going to get a new BRZ at the end of this year to replace my pic related.

What can I expect coming from the Mirage?

I can't imagine I would care that the BRZ isn't as powerful as a more expensive/heavier sports car.

I feel sorry for those when they get stuck behind me on twisties. They handle way better than me, but I out accelerate them, so I make them stay behind me and deal with diesel fumes.

To out lap S2000s

>Make it go sideways with the slightest attempt.
What is fun?

All it needed was a turbo from the factory. Why was that so hard? No one would have complained about paying a little extra for that and the 50hp it would have provided.

Fuck that car looks good, i fucking envy US car (and general tech) prices.

Im sure i would propably have to pay just as much if not more for the same car but used with like 100km.

All that work for something my LS1 makes with bolt Ons and a ancient blown auto ahahahahah

And it weighs not much less with that turbo kit compared to a LS with a t56 and accessories hahahaha

Problem is the majority of pre-90s lightweight japanese RWDs have been rusted into oblivion out where you live, outside Miatas. And those dont have rearseats. There are a few more survivors out West but good luck finding one on sale before its gone.

The "best" option is a JDM import that you can get parts for. Or a 86 and hold onto it for dear life.

muh godhand

This.
Mustang is 15k more for an Ecoboost, 25 for the V8, Miata has no rear seats, unusable boot and feels too soft.

86 is god machine

>give it a gutless and boring 4 cylinder
>also make it obscenely expensive
These are worth complaining about. a 2.0 turbo four would probably be enough.
>Why doesn't this heap of shit have an inline-6?
Because it wouldn't fit, dumbass. You need fuckloads of space for one of those.

Airmiles you fucking idiot

What gets me is that the brz is the same price as the wrx and its way slower. I mean come on the wrx had a turbo, more power, faster and everything

The WRX is over 500lbs heavier. That's a deal breaker for most. Plus you can't drift it and you have to use matching tires and all that bullshit.

It's not meant to compete with WRX, it's a completely different car like Miata just less gay

500lbs heavier and still faster in every way

>I can't drift in it so I'll pay the same price for a car that is inferior in every way because I'm going to do hektik skidz every day to work
>Muh tires
These aren't even arguments, if you're looking for a drift car this one isn't even that

>He thinks a C5 isn't better than a GT86
More power
More torque
More tire
Equally good (if not superior) chassis
Costs SUBSTANTIALLY less
Why are you laughing again?

An Escalade is faster than both. Some people care about curb weight.

Sure its kinda shitty stock but it's a pretty good platform to build on. Especially if you swap the engine.

A used C5 for 25k will have too many miles and will be beat to shit.

Lolno
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681592759/overview/

>An Escalade is faster than both. Some people care about curb weight.
Curb weight doesn't mean fuck all. The WRX is faster, makes more torque and everything even though its 500lbs heavier. The 500lb metric means fucking nothing in this case

>Sure its kinda shitty stock but it's a pretty good platform to build on. Especially if you swap the engine.
Yea but if I was gonna "build on it" I can dump that same amount of money into a WRX and get an even better result.

This car shouldn't be more than 23k, its practically on par with a honda civic

40k miles and interior already looks shit, look at how badly the seats are cracking

What EXACTLY stopped subaru from putting a turbo in their 4 cylinder for the BRZ like they did with the WRX?

also with this, even if you "build on it" the sti will probably be faster stock

Why would subaru want a RWD non SUBARU car to look and perform better than their STI sedan. They want full credit. If anything they come out with a new RS coupe later

40k miles on a German sports car and it's already on it's second engine...

>Why would subaru want a RWD non SUBARU car to look and perform better than their STI sedan.
Why did Subaru make a BRZ that was inferior (and the same price) to the wrx?

>they can come out with an RS later on
and charge even more for it

This car doesn't make sense for the price at all, its fucking slow, its ass expensive

All they had to do was use a 4 cylinder, 2L, turbo engine like the WRX and they'd have a competent car worth the price but no it has little over the WRX beyond "I want RWD shit for hektic skiz"

Replace the seats and stop being a child then. You're getting a car that is MUCH faster than a 86 and has substantially more potential.

They're still selling a fuckload so it's not like your opinion matters.

Because it was a collaboration, not a TRUE subaru.
Boyracers will pay 40k for a new RS coupe no problem. All subaru has to do is make a very limited number

>that doesn't matter they're selling a lot
>your opinion doesn't even matter
this level of delusion and goal post shifting brought to you by the retards at Veeky Forums

Boxer 6 cylinder when?

Faster, of course. More potential? Absolutely not

>t. I didn't get a 86 for a graduation present

>I got it guys
>lets remove features
>make it slow as piss
>charge out the ass for it
>people are gonna eat this up
its like Apple or some shit

>t. born after 9/11 and thinks the GT86 is good
I got a wrx, smoke brz's and gt86's daily

>people are gonna eat this up

They are though. Don't hate because you can't afford a $27k toy.