/simg/ - Simulation Games General

AESTHETICS Edition

Previous Thread:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fsYsiASS
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136020&page=117
youtube.com/watch?v=eM4TGOJgon4
youtube.com/watch?v=zDR1dxyNgO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for big juicy penises!!!

First for memes

>completed a thread in 2 days
We /goldenage/ now

Half of it was shitposting but hey we're alive

fifth for everyone's favorite

hmmmmmm

Could it be?

a be em pe?

MiG

ASS
WE
CAN

Is he back?

_no

It's you replying to me isn't it BMP san

Landing in Margaritaville

Looks like I dodged a storm on the way in

Your Goose is aesthetic

crash into the boat

A seaplane rating is my next IRL flying goal, if I'm being completely honest, though I'd need a multi-engine rating before I could even sneeze in a Goose or Widgeon's direction

I don't think any of that changes any of what he said. I don't know how many people in this thread besides you have actually scripted missions using lua and MIST or anything, but I still don't think that so much of what would seemingly be core to the setting of a digital combat simulator are missing. I really don't like that we have to rely so much on the community to create features that should be included in DCS.

I will say that the mission editor is one of the best things about DCS, and it's impossible to deny how powerful it is and by how much it can be extended using lua scripts. There are very few games out there with this level of robustness and I do think on many levels ED deserves praise for that editor.

There isn't really a great solution to the shortcoming of DCS without some really hardcore re-writes to what I imagine is logic that has been carried over since LOMAC and maybe even before. I have a lot of thoughts on the subject, but at the end of day I still stand by my opinion that DCS is exceedingly dry and lacks purpose and focus. It goes beyond the mission editor/dynamic campaign issue, but that is a very large part of it.

For the record, I was the user working on that IL-2 inspired game mode script. I think another user came along and tried to do their own as well, but I know enough about working with scripts and mission editor that I feel like I can have a fair opinion on the subject matter.

PRESERVE BAGUETTE

Yeah I was that user working on an IL2 like mission for DCS. Mine was much simpler than yours though, mostly using triggers for the objective parts of it and other scripts for everything else.

Do you ever plan on continuing work on your version? I'd be happy to give a try at completing it if you aren't planning on it.

I'm inclined to agree with you I think a lot of the reason DCS seems to lack focus is because of the spread of modules across all time periods. Third gen and early 4th is undeniably the generations that DCS lends itself best to, and its great that we're finally getting more of those aircraft. More ground/ship/etc unit variety would be great too, hopefully we get more updates to that aspect after 2.5 is released.

It really doesn't help that the most popular server is the 104th. When BlueFlag is active however, DCS really seems to show what it's capable of, and it's a shame that its been inactive for so long. I assume round 10 will start shortly after the release of the Viggen.

>Do you ever plan on continuing work on your version?
Realistically, I probably won't finish it. I'll give you the script though. The test we had some time ago proves that it already works, there's just some edge cases that need error handling to prevent script errors.

Feel free to take/modify what you need.
pastebin.com/fsYsiASS

>It really doesn't help that the most popular server is the 104th.
What's especially frustrating about that is that 104th is popular because it's popular. It's literally the only reason so many people play on it. The couple weeks that 104th was down already proved the playerbase would migrate to much more interesting servers if 104th wasn't around and for a time it was great. However once it came back, everybody dropped what they were doing and got back on 104th.

Thanks, this script is pretty clever, nice work.

I'll see if I can get it working in a mission and test it out.

Your space sim stuff is pretty neato, btw.

Only fagboys worry about storms.

You know I wonder what storm chasing is like.

It's pretty good fun, I went with my uncle a few times. Lightning is scary as fuck tho.

Nah dude. My algorithms prove its the best server.

Attackers have to have safe spaces because they are the first to join the server (???) If fighter players (???) show up, they'll kill the strikers and the strikers will leave the server making it never take off (?????)

Besides, F-15 vs F-15 is the most fun you can have in DCS(???????????????)

t.ralfidude

This is actually slight paraphrasing of 104th_Maverick's comments when I was asking him why his server was so shit in their thread.

I think that thread is part of what killed DCS for the time being for me. Him and his legion of DCS-drones that defended it to the death.

Wow

Link to thread? I haven't had my RDI of laughs at forum autism yet today.

This is the thread, from page 117 on

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136020&page=117

Basically it started with someone meme'ing about how DCS multiplayer is dead now that its back online. Just read through it, its worth it.

Mavericks posts are 10/10 delusional as fuck.

Anyone who unironically chooses the handle "Maverick" is a bonafide memelord on general principle.

(Like people who call themselves F-22 Raptor) Xaxaxa

Thx user

>basedjack textually pwning the worst kind of forumdad hugbox fuccboi.

shit m8s it's time to lay down my mat and pray towards the queen

Good luck user. I think the idea is good, but it's so hamstrung by the fact that coordination is limited only to text. For example, being able to mark target areas on the F10 map would be a godsend, and it's so annoying that ED added a feature that conceivably could do that, but it can't be done by a mission editor.

Thanks. I've been trying to learn UE4 this past week to "expand my horizons."

Is the HOT rocket nozzle really that miniature?

Game? Particle effects look pretty sex.

IL-2 BOS

I'm wanting to get back into DCS World. I have an X52 Pro that I haven't used in ages. I'm having a hard time figuring out where I'd put it though.

Any ideas?

If that's a keyboard drawer thing just put it on that.

Also your desk and shit looks filthy god damn.

throttle one side of keyboard and stick the other side. When you play, rest your keyboard so that it leans on the box your monitor sits on and bring the stick and throttle together.

I have a similar setup and that's what I do anyway.

>people say this is the most realistic flight sim available

real rotary gunships when ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=eM4TGOJgon4

>Kebab removed

>t. Bos shitter

>This is shitposter1 to command: The bait has been taken I repeat, the bait has been taken.

+ + + P S A + + +
if you are a normalfag you need to go back to reddt and fucking stay there
this site was created by a weeb for weebs and not for normalfags
NOW GET THE FUCK OUT
+ + + P S A + + +

MAINSLEAM DEMIA

Actually it was a Mongolian basket weaving forum and Mongols detest anime.

>Pic related, a Mongolian warrior seeing anime for the first time on a trip to Japan circa 12000AD, colourised.

I love memes!

Any good F1/Indycar mods for rFactor 2? Or should I buy first rFactor for this?

There's a blast from the past. Wish I could help but I was usually drifting meme cars with anime girls on the hood when I played R-factor.

DCS is not welcome here anymore.
This is now /bosg/

>Lol I love it!

>Yes you hit a nerve, so much so that I have done you the favour of adding you to our firewall list so you can never connect to the server again.

>Now you shouldn't even see it in the list mate!

>This should hopefully make things better for you, so when you load up DCS and sort the the servers by how many clients are flying in them... you won't see our server at the top of the list

>Best of luck, champ!

>S!

I tried to fighting 109s in my La but they keep going up and down again.

I had the admin ban him lol xd

just pull out that draw nigga, unless your legs don't fit under it or something.

fucking noic

>can't win even with the fucking russian bias
BoS shitters everyone

>1946 has better fx than dcs

Bullying DCS at this point is just mean, kicking the retard when he's down.

What ever happened to that Su-24?

Assassinated by kgb agents.

>Not skip bombing

It's been well over a month since I was banned from the 104th for hurting his feelings and I still don't really give a shit

>we are alive
>alive with shitposting
great thread famigos

Nigga this is fucking nothing compared to the last few threads

Japs got alt timers on the bombs so i cant

>Rafale M when?

O rip.

So do Russians lmao

Can we have ops at neet times too?

we already at neet times

Neet times for claps maybe. I don't quite have the luxury of adjusting my sleeping pattern for clap ops

Looks like yup

>Repeat

Goddammit, it's "I say again", you don't say "repeat" unless you're telling a gun battery or mortar section to repeat their last fire mission

>real rotary gunships when
>ka50 not a gunship
Okay then.

The Ka-50's fun, but kind of finicky and complex. I like the Huey's and Gazelle's simplicity

>viggen
>hype hype hype
>it fails miserably
youtube.com/watch?v=zDR1dxyNgO0

IS THIS THE END OF DCS?

I want to get into flying the Gazelle and Huey more efficiently by buying some pedals. What are some pedals for under $100 that I can use in DCS World and other titles like truck simulator etc? I've got a joystick with a twist axis but it sucks for helicopters and it's really great for planes either.

>dedicated attack fighter loses against dedicated interceptor in Air-to-Air engagements.

Well color me surprised!

>fires AIM9
>goes to F10
>goes into guns kill
>views another flight
like clockwork

>but it sucks for helicopters and it's really great for planes either.
isn't* great dammit

>hat are some pedals for under $100 that I can use in DCS World and other titles like truck simulator etc?
Different sort of pedals mate.
Rudder pedals slide back and forth, they're not like the ones in your car.

I know that, but wouldn't sliding rudder pedals input also work for land vehicles? If I'm buying pedals it feels pretty silly to use them in only one title.

In any case, suggestions for under $100? I really love rotary wing flight but they NEED pedals to fly efficiently.

m8 did you miss the part where the viggen fucked up the only thing it is supposedly good at?
i.e ground attack especially against ships...?

>I know that, but wouldn't sliding rudder pedals input also work for land vehicles?
Can you drive? Of course they wouldn't - they are just one axis remember. Unless you mean using the toe brakes and gas & brake, which sounds terrible.

>In any case, suggestions for under $100? I really love rotary wing flight but they NEED pedals to fly efficiently.
CH pro pedals or a set of the Saitek ones, preferably the combat ones.