Future classics - 2000-2009 only

What cars are going to be modern classics in the next ten years? Pic related, early 530i's already getting under 10k.

>this boring BMW will be a classic
Can we not op?

GT3
gt4
vipers
any alfa romeo sold in the last 5 years in the usa
most ferraris ever
maybe some other stuff too like an ascari a10

The most economic car on Earth

996 Turbo X50

1M

And to a lesser extent the 135i.

As if your Prius will ever be more classic than the 1st gen Insight.

Celica GTS?
MR2 Spyder?

Almost anything with a Ferrari badge. in fact, if you own a Fiero stick a Ferrari badge on it and you're golden.

Maybe even a body kit for good measure

This. Their prices are going up every month

03-04 Cobra

never liked the way these looked, too boy racer and stupid hotwheels style plastic crap and tacky leds but it will be a classic because

>HSV
>Ute
>Orange

Bogans love these because they think they are collectable.

Seriously look at that plastic front clip and bonnet what the fuck where holden thinking? One of the ugliest aussie cars ever even the side skirts and rear end are fucked, stupid wheels.

Maximum 2000's factory rice

>classics
>car that looks like generic bar of soap like every other family sedan
>pic related, this car's value is dropping significantly

You aren't making a good argument for yourself OP

Two real future classics right here.

Maybe get some taste ya fuckin poof

yeah nah me and u and my vx at the touge i can bet me case of coopers ill win cunt ya facken fat heavy zeta platform aint shit cunt

i like where this thread is going

fuck thats alright aye, need to drop it more but

nah its not mine

THIS is mine

sits lower and on wider tyres now

not bad mate

wats urs?

wish i had one, i drive a honda

y tho?

A fairly stock unfucked VT-VX LS1 is cheap as chips i picked mine up for 4k low k's

i wouldnt have the money for the mods id want

Lol your funny you think i do?

Nobody does we just all save up and slurge or get lots of little mods.

my next one is cam + heads and probably nothing after that as everything else is done.

Oh and a 3.7 rear recond lsd

too impatient for that though, id rather drive my japshit until i can go all out at once

Probably the Scion xB and the Chrysler PT Cruiser because of how weird and quirky their designs are

civic?

fuckk yewwwwwwwwww

yea ef

Came to post these.

What in the fuck is a bogan?

shitposters

So like all Canadians and Australians?

Already there tbqh.

no one will ever want that turd you fucking dumbass

probably any of the supercharged amg mercs

e55
cl55
sl55

2000 model c43 amg especially the estate version

BA BF FG FGx XR6, XR8 and XR6T models and their performance models and Commodore VX-VF SS's, Calais, Sportswagon, Avalanche and HSV models. Basically the large sedan RWD market is going to dry up and whats left is going to be collectable.

People will like to think Mustangs and CV8 Monaros but in Australia they're always going to be expensive which is going to lock out your average guy buying one. They're always going to be expensive and noones going to have fond memories of them like they do Falcons and Commodores

For the jap shit its going to be Lancers, Evo's, WRX's, Silvias, Skylines, Z cars, 86/BRZ, Stinger and in some market the Genesis

Euro shit will be euro shit, nobody except die hard euroshit enthusiasts will give a shit about them

It's already pricey for how old it's getting

The Aussie equivalent to a redneck. Just replace the cuck truck with a V8 ute.

How can a car that Cannot make it to 100k without needing every peice of plastic and electrical replaced ever possibly become a "classic"?
How?

yes
luckily i got in early last year

The E60 is a very reliable car
And what does classic status have to do with reliability anyway retard

As much as I'd enjoy an e92 or something similar, unfortunately I doubt they'd ever classify as 'classics' for a long while. Maybe the e36/e46's, but nothing past. The newer body styles aren't dramatically different, which is great so a 10+ year old car looks younger than it is, but it means that unless you're a car (or in this case a bimmer) enthusiast, you won't notice the difference in styling.
Glad for the depreciation though, makes justifying going German again easier.

Implying any of these shitty cars will even last this long to become a classic

Good luck to keep it alive all these years with all that electronic shit

>implying your boomer mobile doesnt have a wiring loom thats fucked from 45 years of abuse
get fucked

Having an ood car where all the plastics are traing to dissolve away every 5 years has nothing to do with it.
Have 5000 shitty sensors that sequentially fail every other day makes for a great classic car... oh yeah!

>ood car
>ood
>car

> implying your 'future classic' has less wires than a real classic as well as not being made out of biodegradable plastic

Redoing all the wiring on a car from the 70's is like a days work at best

>implying your interior doesnt fall to bits

Have fun trying to fix 45 year old cracked plastic and Bakelite and sucking dick for spare parts.

the e60 has no dissolving plastics.
It has basic sensors: tyre pressure sensor, rain sensor, oil pressure sensor, washer fluid level sensor, coolant level sensor.
If your vehicle has none of the sensors you are probably riding a bike.

oh and engine oxygen level sensor and parking sensors (optional)

No, beamer, Faggot...... the e60 is a fancy vibrating disposable razor.....
I'm smart enough to not fall for it & waste my money on that shit & you are so dumb you dont own an E60 and you're claiming its a reliable car..........
There is no such thing as a reliable bmw you keep a long time because all the emissions parts are thin brittle plastic and they start shitting oil out leaving you to pay the stealership to rape your Asshole that you have already allowed to be rapped many times before, the direct outcome of your repetitive poor decision making and lack of ability to work on your own vehicle.
If you're a smart, pretentious fuck wad then you lease the piece of shit so you can blend in seamlessly with all the other cubicle rat race faggots and drop that thing like a bipolar fat chick before the lease is up.... thats when the niggers can afford them and let them own 'em for a year until they are ready for the scrapper.
What a depressing sequence of events.
Good riddance.

> implying you won't have to suck dick for parts for a modern car

Once the OEM drops a part your fucked, at least everything in my car is simple and can be reversed engineered without an RnD program

I have all those sensors for my 1982 car
> tire pressure gauge in tool box
> eyeball mk.1 rain sensor
> vision V.1.0 washer tank level sensor
> cock up your arse expansion tank checker

whew, the autistic JDM fag sperging out again
I've owned my "fancy disposable razor" for a year, hit 305k miles recently.
As I said, it's a reliable car with no dissolving plastics.
Very comfortable and silent ride, the comfiest car I've ever owned (and I have owned many German luxury cars), yet it handles very well (active steering)
I don't visit dealerships because I am not retarded.
So far I've spent $200 in oil changes, $150 in fuel/ail filters, $80 for rear suspension bushings and toe adjustment.
Nothing ever has broken on my car.
Also the E60 is a 14 year old car so nobody is leasing it.
You are a JDM fag lover, you don't know shit.

Cadillac CTS

ls2 or ls6

Or gto

Came here to say fuck you

I've been hunting bad grounds in this plastic coffin for the better part of a year now

>hit 305k miles recently.
Thers no way all your cooling system parts , suspension bushings, emissions parts on the engine, & oils seals haven't been replaced @ least 4 times by now.
As a "jdm" fag @ 200k i just rebuilt my whole engine for a few hundred bucks & had it up & running like new again with new piston rings in a couple weeks while i drove another one of my jdm fag cars around.

There's probably an entire landfill just dedicated to your e60s dead coils.

Too common

cool car award NFSMW

This and any of the SRT series. Neon, Caliber, Crossfire, Viper, ect. They hold their prices VERY well.

Unmolested 2005-2009 Legacy GT/Outback XT

This. E90s arent gonna hold their value like its ugly 2 door brother

>What cars are going to be modern classics in the next ten years?
>2000-2009 only

Nothing.

Modern cars don't appreciate in just 10 years. Not even cars we considered classics today showed any upward trend in in the space of a decade. The truth is that unless the car was prohibitively expensive and super rare to begin with (Enzo, Carrera GT, etc) or if the car has been endlessly meme'd about on the internet (NSX, Supra, etc), there aren't any real examples of cars being worth more money in 10 years time.

Came here to say fuck you also. (not you corvette guy - you're cool)

I preface this by saying: i'm an electrical engineer (well - kind of. long story)

>1978 Ford Pinto with a gazelle kit car
>bought it on the cheap, 900 miles on kit body, from a coworker
>car was built by his carpenter relative
>oh it was baaaad
>had to rip out all the wiring and redo
>I've put about 35 hours into it thus far
>As of right now, everything except the horns and radio is finished.

>This time though, its not wired like a car is wired. I went full on OCD on this thing.

Battery + cable goes right into a 200A fuse, which goes into a terminal block, that splits one way to the starter and the other way to a 50A fuse to the ammeter, alternator, and back up to another terminal block which busses out to the fuses.

Ground lead from the battery goes to a terminal block, goes to the chassis ground, goes to the starter ground, and ground lines run out of this block to other various spots on the car

Everything is done with terminal blocks and crimp connectors. Every wire goes from one TB to another TB or from one TB to a device, no exceptions, no splices. Wires are of the type with numbers printed on the side, and are in crimp connectors. Splices into OEM wiring was done with solder, shrink wrap.

No grounding issues so far :P When I finished up the other day, I put the key in the ignition and all the gauges I wired up over that day came alive and worked perfectly.

i'd buy one
>how does it handle
>can i hoon in it
>how much will one cost me
>how's reliability

I always laugh at these things. For some reason they always have at least one light burned out.

1st gen xB

>rolling refrigerator
>classic ever

LMAO NO

5 series not quite luxury, but I agree, the E60 is a comfy as fuck car, a friend has it, and he has little problems with it.

old people love these things

isn't that all it takes?

>boomers
>liking nip shit
>ever

No not quite

im telling you i see these little shits all the fucking time and there's ALWAYS an old person or even an old couple driving it. it's them and the fucking uber drivers

the "new" mini cooper has already become more iconic then the old one

>pig bmw

Ewwww

Just cause every fag who has enoigh money that they dont have to buy a hyundai buys a mini crapper, doesnt even close to make it more iconic that a real mini cooper was.

Well in the US maybe, but that's not the full story

In what way?

Its super iconic to cucks

I'll be looking for one for sure

last of the naturally aspirated m coupes. probably won't shoot up in value but it's something special.

Perfect candidate for a cult following.

What makes a classic car?
it has to be an Icon for something. It has to represent an era, a change. It has to be unusual, not a norm. It has to evoke memories of those that want to buy it, and not to be just another car.

Most cars these days can't do this at all, but here's my personal list of those that can, did, and have.

What is more Valuable? Edsel, or Ford Thunderbird? Strange, but true: edsel wins hands-down. Why? Edsel is a more unusual, iconic car in its own way. Though, both are iconic. Compare Price of Edsel to say, Ford Fairlane Skyline with the convertible roof. Fairlane is a cool as shit car, but everybody looks at it and says "eh - it is just another ford"

so, heres the fucking cars that will bring boku buxx at an auction 50 years in the future.

>Pontiac Aztek
>Hummer H1/H2
>Nissan Cube
>Scion xB
>First Gen Priius
>GM EV-1 (the one or two left will be worth millions)
>Chevy HHR
>That weeeeird chevy ranchero thing which I forget the name of, you know, the pickup kind of what the fudge it is thing that kind of looked like it was 1950s but was really a piece of crap
>2003 series Ford Thunderbird.
>PT Cruiser *maybe*
>Plymouth Prowler $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>Tesla Roadster, or Tesla anything, if it works. Probably impossible to have one working in 50 years.
>Konigsegg, Ferrarri, lamborghini yeah yeah yeah, top top end supercars always valuable but we already know this, not worth mentioning...

>Dodge Magnum Wagon I bet is going to have a cult following of strange proportions.
>Ariel Atom.

Long story Short, think Strange.

>tfw these would be dirt cheap by now
>tfw original fiero can actually fir a transverse 350 SBC and these likely would have as well
>what could have been

They're almost too quirky and nobody has one.

Prius is the new VW Bug. Literally a"people's car" that raised the bar for fuel efficiency and helped initiate the "green movement" that has shaped all facets of our daily lives now.

Prius is a household name and reaching icon status with every new generation.

Definitely this too.

The most trendsetting car post-millenium. Literally responsible for dozens of other cars in terms of design.
AM Rapide, VW Passat-CC, Audi A7, all the Audi "sportbacks," all the BMW "GranCoupes," and tons of other examples that have incorporaged sloping rooflines.
Even Lexus says their new LS was "styled like a large, elegant coupe" now, which is a direct result of the influence of the CLS. 50 years from now someone will find a first-gen CLS in a barn and it will sell at auction for trillions (inflation yo) and it will be called beautiful by all.

GTR

just because you don't like it makes it less true tho