Toyota is the shining light in the dark

blog.caranddriver.com/why-toyota-didnt-add-a-turbo-four-and-still-offers-a-v-6-in-the-2018-camry/

When everyone has fallen for the turbo/turbo four meme, Toyota stands alone in offering a enjoyable engine. Plus what they are doing to keep the 2.5 competitive sound cool, it should be pushing 195 hp or more.

Should have at least put a forced four in the gt86 though

Because Akio Toyoda wants to make the brand more exciting.

He is behind these kind of things.

"Enjoyable engines" while shoving CVT and electric assisted everything down everybody's throat, paired to 15 year old engines.

Mazda is the only one avoiding CVTs and instead of sacrificing everything around it for efficiency.

>craving turbo lag in a car that emphasizes driving feel

Go buy an ecoboost stang and STFU

This.

Thank god tasteless Veeky Forums faggots don't dictate what goes in the cars I love.

t. Slowbaru owner

>a gutless decade old 2.5 coupled with a horrific CVT
>enjoyable

kekd

>drives a fiat diesel shitbox
>relevant opinon

>toyoshit
>ever being enjoyable to drive
topjej

>implying forced induction can only be a big ass turbo

>They are not only more fun, but also comfortable and reliable that your european cuckbox.

God bless Toyoda-san

>a fucking enlarged corolla slushbox
>fun

The only japs making fun cars atm are Mazda. Everything else is slushbox boredom. Let that sink in.

Thank god they are sticking with the knobs.

>Subaru Legacy
>Camry V6
>Incoming Toyota Corolla Performance
>Suzuki Swift
>etc etc

There are plenty of fun and affordable Japanese cars.

>what is the aw11, supra, 86, etc?
I've never driven a diesel punto though so I might be mistaken

>Suzuki Swift
I'll give you that. Everything else is boring.
Legacys were never fun to drive, nor corollas, etc.
But then again, your notion of fun must be confined to straight lines, in which even a E350 CDI is better.

Driving in the motorway at 250km/h isn't fun. And then again, no Legacy or Camry can ever get to that speed.

I was talking about regular Toyotas. Not sports cars.
And yes, every euro hatch is more fun to drive than a regular Toyota. Even more so when it has a fucking CVT.

It's a Gazoo Yaris that's coming my dude

>CVT
>CVT

"...a new eight-speed automatic transmission has been introduced for all non-hybrid models..."

Granted, it's still a slushbox, but what part of that suggests they're using a CVT?

Stop feeding the troll you fucking retards.

ok

What does Veeky Forums think of the design lines?

I like the look of the new Camry but even if there's a V6 if there's no manual tranny hooked up to it I don't care because it's still going to be boring as fuck to drive

>BTFO fucking manumatic bullshit

The ass and profile look good, the front is abhorrent tho.

Looks beautiful senpai.

Even the fake air vent is a decent touch.
But man I can't believe those fake vents on the front. Why the fuck would you so that. Give the Camry ventilated disk brakes I mean Lexus has it. Why design something like that.

This would be a generation of Camry I'd get if money was no object. for once the Camry doesnt look boring as fuck. But no Android auto so fuck em.

What about if the front is an Accord, with the side and rear of a Camry? V6 engine of course

>>craving turbo lag in a car that emphasizes driving feel
Well then why does every other tuning shop offer a supercharger kit? The car is woefully underpowered by 2012 standards and even 1992 standards

160rwhp is pathetic

What's that hole caused by?

poor headers along with a very conservative stock tune.

Most Corollas except the base model have the CVT, and I think every single automatic Subaru has CVT trans. Don't know about other Toyota vehicles but for most their larger cars I think Toyota is sticking with automatic transmissions

>enlarged corolla slushbox
This. Personally, I think their design for the Corolla is pretty good, but when they use that design for the larger models it ends up looking like shit

t. ex-Corolla owner

>tfw the new Si will be a 1.5T and not a high revving na vtec

Best new car with NA engine under 30k?

the accord and the passat still come with v6s
what's ur point mr op

Mazda 6

The camry can go fuck itself. Mark X when.