/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #650 - Group Photo Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ah_IJ5r1Oa0
youtube.com/watch?v=t36agO2H-ZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is Sonic CD the most gorgeous Sonic game?

if it looked like that it might be but I've always found it to be too garish in colour.

I loved that it tried to make environments that looked alien, fitting since it's literally extraterrestrial and something I wish they'd do again. Shadow was too edgy and Colors was too much of a theme park (which was the point so I'm not complaining about it) to take advantage of the alien setting. But I do agree it was a bit too garish due to it being limited by the console.

I was mostly talking about that the "Generations" design of Classic Sonic could fit in the LW aesthetic better since he looks more babyish/chibi-ish compared to regular Classic Sonic in the Genesis.

The idea of mainline Sonic on the go makes me excited

Sonic and Amy's first meeting in #290 makes this scene even cuter

Fuck you amy
Burning wood smells good
Stupid bitch

post yfw the LW designs of the Badniks is still going to be used in Project 2017

Hey, no need to be so rude, user.

>too depressed to enjoy sonic games or any game in general
>don't have enough money to waste it all in the sales on games I wont play but feel good for buying
>too down about the whole sonic comic situation to bother reading anything
>too awkward to go outside
>sonic and a few other things are the only things I have for escapism which leaves me with little options on what I can do
Just fuck my life up senpai
I guess I could pick up a copy of unleashed just for the sake of owning it, probably never going to play it.

If you're that depressed just start drinking user

Not him, but DeCesare is the most underappreciated writer on the book next to Aleah Baker

I'm super anti drinking, I've never had alcohol, never even touched anything with it in, nor do I plan to for various reasons. I guess mass amounts of caffeine will have to do, I mean they do sell caffeine pills.

>next to Baker
Baker gets her props but she doesn't really do anything outside of scripts since Flynn seems to have plots written out for years in advance or some shit like that.

good user, dont get into it.

Come on user, give it a shot. One or two bottles won't hurt
Fair enough. I think the only stories she's plotted are Hidden Costs and one other. But Ian does plan out things to an absurd degree. I mean the troll lore was hinted at as far back as Total Eclipse

That's because he and Pendildo are the ones that help steer the comic in that serious direction. Also make sure you have that reading guide on you. And booze. You'll need it once Knuckles starts showing up

Good user, there's no need to get into alcohol.

Fuck, I completely missed your post.

There's only one solution:
draw

I'd give you a hug.

When you're in that state, apply the "JUST DO IT" mentality: get a game and play it. If you're broke, pirate. I also put a lot of resistance to start playing games, but once I start everything gets better.

Nintendo JP currently has another stream going. MAYBe we gonna get some 3D party and Sonic love?

Here's my advice
Stop being a fucking pussy and grow some sperm cells

for reference, Angelo usually writes for mainline Archie comics (archie, betty and veronica, etc), While Gallagher's biggest non-sonic contributions are Mad Magazine and the ALF comic (the later was primarily illustrated by Dave Manak)

I have no drawing talent whatsoever and im too impatient and talentless to learn. The only drawing I've ever done is with cards and even then I gave up on every card game I ever played. Somewhere my sleeved decks are rotting, now just a memory of a person who I used to be.

Yeah, I think it's time to hit that bottle. What's the worst that could happen? If you're really gonna be a bitch about that, then maybe smoke?

write

For the game character who's going to be in the new episode of Sonic Boom, who do you think will be more likely to be in it and how different would they be compare to their mainline counterpart?

That's the problem with it, I cant find a game in my collection that seems appealing, I lost all my interest in fighting games I've put so many games in that half way complete but too far in to resume kind of state. I guess if all else fails theres always the local arcade, games there feel more justified for playing because you out money into the machine. They have a few hundred games across their two main cabinets so. Im not exactly lacking choice.

I'm going to bust a gut when it's just Lyric.

What kind of games do you like, besides fighting?

Any updates? Are you planning to go over the post-reboot too, or just the pre-reboot?

lung cancer, bad breath, and a terrible cough along with a smell you cant get rid of aren't my kind of thing. Im not dumb enough to start smoking because that's addictive and a terrible habit.
user no

Why the Halloween Comic-fest issue? As far as I'm aware, it's not canon to the comic.

I think it'd be good to give Worlds Unite it's own section. That way you can divide Unleashed into two sections and it makes it easier in the eyes. Also because WU has nothing to do with Unleashed as a whole and is entirely skippable

they'll properly be the same as their counterpart desu maybe even more simplified for comedic reasons

I do like that rendering of boom Rouge, its better than this one.

Rouge would actually be a good choice, semi-popular within the fanbase, could be a semi-antagonist.

after that maybe the chaotix or big the cat

I would like to see a story with Silver. They have done stuff with time travel.

Just posting it for the new thread. As for the Post-boot. I started working on it around the time of Worlds Collide, so those issues should be pretty good, order-wise.

Its fun to drink
Stop being a bitch

This. Stop being a fucking pussy and drink

I guess I used to write shitty fan fiction but im no artist. Plus I've got no inspiration or ambition. Thanks for the advice though.

user, drinking is bad for you!

If you guzzle it like a mother bitch, yeah

What was wrong with Generations on the 3DS?

I don't drink either.

No it's not, fuck off.

Then fucking start. What kind of man are you if you don't even drink?

>Last thread was 33% Mario
>This thread so far is 50% alcohol discussion

You guys are REALLY bored, aren't ya?

Seriously, why are her hips so wide? Also her arms are weird of how lanky they are.

Would you wear?

take-a-notes you blue fuccboi

what is it with western culture and alcohol being the solution for everything? I know in western media its glamorized as this great thing but it really isn't. It fucks you up long term like any drug with overuse. Its better not to use it at all.

I blame drunk sally

no but I got this

Terrible level selection and extremely short

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be canon to whenever they decide to do Lost World.

I had it there to begin with, but really... every other arc on here lasts years, to have an entire section dedicated to something terrible that lasted only three months leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like... it was such a non-thing, why even include it as a big milestone in the comic? Every other subtitle shows important differences, from when the comic started to do storylines, to when Eggman showed up and completely derailed the last arc, twice. Ever since 2013, we've been dealing with the looming threat of the planet pretty much exploding. Even though it wasn't the main focus of Unite, the imagery was there, and the planet was in danger of blowing up still, even as Sigma was threatening to do... whatever the hell it was he was doing.

It's filler, and I really don't want to dignify filler with some sort of "milestone" subheading entry.

Last thread was kind of fun :^)

Thats only if you drink everyday dumbass

It's fun if you don't drink it constantly, and it kind of is a quick fix to depression

homing attack in classic sonic

Stop being such a whiny little bitch.

Alright fine.

Some anons were saying last thread that SA1 was bad. 90%/10% or something.

I think they're full of shit. SA1 was IMHO the best 3D sonic. Most fluid control, best, most innovative, and most freeform level design.

It was 1999, and early days. There were camera problems and some glitchiness. But Sonic Team mad the definitive 3D Sonic and it's effectively been downhill since that first outing. I personally feel that Sonic Team also produce the definitive console MMO in Phastasy Star Online, which the industry has also failed to match.

Disagree if you want but you're wrong.

Thoughts on Nintendo out-doing Sonic at his own game?

First 3DS game for Dimps, extremely rushed deadline, ended up garbage as a result.

I get more depressed when drunk, stayed away from it since.

Id wear it "ironically". Mostly because id sooner die than admit the shit I like in public. Got to keep both your lives separate.

It's not a matter of would, it's a matter of where can I buy it?

this fucking abomination

youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ

nani

This too

>

You're telling me I have to go back to Sonic Rush for good portable 2D sonic?

Remember, never follow any life advice from /sthg/

Colors DS was good. Same with Rush Adventure.

You're not gonna like the answer, user.

Sonic Colors DS is good. It's pretty much Sonic Rush 3 with no playable characters other than Sonic.

I never finished SA1 and found that after doing a few of the story lines I felt fulfilled. I mean now I know that there's an extra one if you finish all the campaigns but eh. Its probably not worth going back into a game I felt finished with.

Its interesting seeing Nintendo using physically based lighting in their games.

>tfw both games come out this holiday

Aw yeah, this is happenin'

That's it. There are literally former sonic team members working on that game. Or else outright Sonic-fags.

Is it a dummy? Is it actually a sonic game?

The worst you can tell me it's overpriced on eBay or not sold anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=ah_IJ5r1Oa0

>This fucker sang Throw it All Away and Supporting Me

Those gems are from Captain Toad though.

>The song is intended to be a little brighter. The intense "omg the world is gonna be destroyed" feeling is lost cuz it was in the past. They're just revisitting. The song is a good fit to that situation. Its nostalgic but got a fresh "lemme finish this quickly and get back" feeling. There's absolutly nothing wrong with this song.
>The way I see it, this version of Supporting Me is more upbeat because Sonic's cocky. He saw Shadow beat the Biolizard years ago, so it'll be a simple task for him to do what his "faker" did in the past.
>The way I see it, it's more upbeat because the pressure of the whole "the world's gonna be destroyed" thing is gone 'cause it's in the past and Sonic's just revisiting that point in time.
Ya'll agree with these?

Fucking disgusting take on Rouge

shush

Hell Yeah

>0:50-1:07
He sounds so fucking uninterested

red bubble

what

What am I looking at here?

red bubble

youtube.com/watch?v=t36agO2H-ZU
This song is really good in hindsight