>aka toyota vs suburbans general
>aka crowposting general
>aka harbor freight winches general

post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K8dM9rjASKw
youtube.com/watch?v=RWK8GgWD4uA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You missed an "OutLANDish Retardation General" pun.

->

>tfw i fucking blew it

checking in, how you guys doing.

Nice YJ bruh

>Trying to convince wife to get a 2 door wrangler to replace my Crosstrek and Cherokee
>She's not having it
Fugg

Don't get a yj :)

Nah it would be a TJ or JK

I do like YJs though, why don't you like it?

>listing to women/wife
>ever

Come on now don't be a bitch

sure, I do. I don't LOVE it, but I apreciate its simplicity and character.

well I guess a retarded thread with a retarded OP makes sense

ok /ORG/ need some help here

Anyone ever use General Grabber AT2?

Are they any good or are they just meme tires

They are actually that good. Fucking bullet proof.

They are pretty much identical to the BFG AT TA KO, but apparently don't last quite as long

Pick your battles, worst that happens is I keep the Cherokee which I quite enjoy.

how much shorter is their life span? They seems to be a bit cheaper than BFGs

youtu.be/K8dM9rjASKw

>not using the edit that I slaved away at for an entire six and a half minutes

This is a Ferd Ranger.

>offloading in a jungle gym

hmmmmmmmm really makes me ponder

Reminds me of the Bandito from GTA San Andreas.
I like it!

am i wrong in assuming this isnt very strong bc of how few triangles there are in the cage? its all right angles wtf

Aka all the recent Beamer fag hate threads prompted me to make this shitpost b8.

The entire structure itself distributes weight like an egg. The right angles are irrelevant unless you are flipped on the front grill or back tailgate.

When flipped over on the side or your roof, the weight distributed will be distributed on the side with its own theoretical 2D force diagram.

The last point is this thing is probably built for high speed climbing up weird obstacles. So it's not meant to roll over. It's just really good protection (and probably cheap if he welded all this shit together) against rolling.

You like me have considered building one eh?

It's more than strong enough provided it's good tubing, but the lack of triangulation does make it an inefficient design. Could have been built stronger with less weight.

hol up

what the fuck are you talking about user

I've owned multiple sets of these on two different vehicles, they rock! Very durable and hook up great, even in snow they do good.

Hey /org/, not much of an off raider but a guy they has to go on all sorts of terrain for hobbies and stuff (camping, hunting, on the farm, etc.) and was wondering if a '16 4Runner would be a decent pick for it's off road capabilities

Have her bull ask for a wrangler

Would a Jeep MJ with 31's and a 2-in lift be capable? I'm not going to be rock climbing and shit

>not much of an off roader
>i have to go off road all the time
u wot fagit?

all kidding aside though the new 4runner would be perfect for you. dont expect do to any rock crawling in it but for forest roads and light off roading it is pretty perfect.
although dont get orange though that is absolutely disgusting

forgot to addif it were me though, at that price range id be going for lightly used 200 series.

I've looked more into making tube protectors for my back bumper and a removeable exterior bar or five.
Other than that, I've just taken way too many physics courses back ):

Well the beauty of tubes is that they're made of cylinders which are much stronger in their own rights AND hollow so really light. I suppose you could use less tubes with a more efficient design. Maybe he likes the design.

Also, why don't people use titanium bars for vehicle reenforcements? Like a titanium offroad bumper or titanium skids? I've been thinking of taking my sheets of titanium to a sheetworker and bending some skid plates out of them.

Yeah i got drunk yesterday and drove that around. The LED bar pissed me off at night, though.
Maybe i should checc out spintyres. Looks like the forums are currently doing third party fixes for any crashes or other updates.

Sup /ORG/. What are the best brands for shocks?

You get what you pay for, but from cheapest to most expensive for a full set (coils and shocks) it's:

Fox, Old Man Emu (they just do springs), Icon, Bilstein, King

I suppose this is the most related thread

Getting this in a few days, looking forward to getting rid of my chinkshit bar

New driver here
>Be on my way home from campus
>Single lane road
>Car ahead is 10+ miles under speed limit
>He somehow can't stay in the single lane on a straight road
>Has to swerve back out of the bike lane
>Oncoming lane is clear of traffic
>Speed up and overtake
>Honks at me as I go by and leave him behind me
>Finally catches up to me at a stoplight later
>Honks again
I didn't hit him so what the fuck, am I the problem here? I figured it was dangerous to be behind such a dumbass driver.

Was he driving a Jeep Wrangler?

I'm thinking of making a bouncer.

Use a stroked 383.

>I swear officer, I'm not drunk, it's just windy

Enjoy spending that $1500?

No it was a smaller car, some sort of hatchback, didn't see a badge on it though.

Well I just re-read the thread title, sorry I figured this was for retards and I wasn't sure if I was being retarded or not, but I guess this is a definitive confirmation that I am. Please ignore me.

You deal with snowstorms and probably sublimating fog, eh? Why the LED bar instead of stronger fogs?

I, too, am looking at getting the front IFS on Taynger replaced. Bilstein looks to be a good choice for me but the whole Aussie shopped situation is kinda unnerving. Of course I'd spray rustproof on them but am still worried for general rust.

Which kings were you looking into, user?

>stupid cunt driving down the road staring at her phone
>I didn't hit him so what the fuck
user you should have shot him

Its not that expensive - $720 + $20 shipping
And I can also calculate in what I get when I sell the bar I already have

Not much fog
Snowstorms - sure, but thats the reason why I'm also getting 5 x 10" covers for it that are yellow/amber in color and basically makes the whole bar a big, big fucking foglight

I just like LED-bars... they dont get in the way ontop of the bed-topper and provide damned good light for their size. I'll probably still end up putting on a bullbar + two buckets on the front just because I can

DONTTALKSHITABOUTLEDBARS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LEDs are also cool because they don't draw much amperage. I'll use mine as work lights when the engine is off and it doesn't give my battery the succ

This one is gonna draw about exactly 20amps, which is quite ok. I've used my current one as a work bar quite a few times when I do the daily maintenance on a ski lift or setting up HQ for the Red Cross, and its aight

What's history's most important and innovative offroader?

11/10 comf

>$720 + $20 shipping
In comparison, I spent $70 for my 52inch and $100 for my 14inch 8° spot.
I've never really thought I need more light, but I should have gone for two 14s for a wider beam.

Ay - I spent a total of $114 on the bar you see in . Thats with the cost of the bar itself, shipping from Ohio and 25% tax on the bar & shipping

I mean, I really cannot complain about what I got for the cost, but I like having even better light, a five year warranty and the knowledge that this thing is seriously well built - on my chinkshit bar one of the bulbs or whatever they are called in english has alreay died after only five months

Yeah I know, but this one isn't brand new. So I think I'm getting a deal (pic related, also inb4 applel meming) but also, I meant more of I don't off road as a hobby and try pushing it to its limits, but I'm /out/ a lot so that's what I meant

Gmt800 Suburbanfag here

How tall should my lift be. I don't want it stupid tall because it is my daily

>mfw I bought my 30" for $40 on Amazon and it leaked almost immediately

It's fine now that I've re-sealed it, but the light output isn't very focused and it refracts kinda purple for some stupid reason. Still, it's better than nothing

I really don't need a monster of an offroading vehicle. Will this do just to pull me through the mud?

Are these relatively decent vehicles at least? This is cheap but the wonky bumper has me wary

Good price at $4 each. Why do you need 200 Nissan frontiers, tho

Because my job is 400 feet from my house

Thoughts on xj chop tops?

Put a roll cage and back window like most people do and it's a really capable off roader. Plus it warms up MUCH quicker in the winter.

I'm still working on it. I was thinking of having a school bend and weld the cage. I'm not sure whether to do the same for the back and have a hard back, a soft back, or a wind jammer.

It has begun. Going to a slave yard this weekend to hunt down some seat brakets, then gonna mode them a bit to mount in my buckets.

>tfw I love how patina the interior is, but im going to put in carpet.

comfy/10

I was inspecting a leaky front shock as well, pulled it out to discover this. Fucking procomp garbage.

what the fuck.

thats more than leaking its fucked kek

how you do that anyways?

I have no idea. physically this should not be able to happen. There are bump stops so bottoming out isn't the culprit. and the shock absorbs energy, my only thought is like hitting a bump an 80 mph, but my jeep can't even go that fast without blowing up. No fucking idea

fucking Christ at least you found it before that shit broke completely off GOD DAM SON

also
>JEEP
>80mph
ya don't do that

stay safe user wew

just lifted one up and turned it up and down, sounds like the other front one has a loose piece of metal inside of it... lmao this is so great. I'm also looking at dimensions of these and I think the previous owner lied about putting a 4inch lift in it, as of now the specs are pointing to the pro-comp 2.5 inch lift.

the toyota land cruiser
this isnt even debatable

entirely depends on your uses

??????????????????

The Willys was certainly a pioneer in 4WD utility vehicles, but imo the land cruiser was more influential in bringing interest into off-roading as a sport instead of a side-effect of driving in underdeveloped areas

agreed. lc wasnt the original but it set the precedent

lel
i know the feeeeeeelz

>driving drunk
seriously kill yourself you are a piece of shit

Checking in...
Haven't had much time to trail, or much of anything really. Been working 7 days straight, and in my off time I am getting ready for a T5 swap on my LTD this weekend. Finally getting this thing up and moving again after sitting for a year and a half is a good feeling! How have you guys been?

I swear every time I see your YJ I think if my old one and I pull up craigslist lol

I'm not a fan of new vehicles at all, but if I had to replace Murphy with something brand new I would most likely go the 4Runner or Taco route.

>Gigantic Brand name instead of a LED pod at either end of the bulb
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What brand is the chinkshit bar? Would like to know so I can steer clear when the time comes.

Depends on the Region I would say. Burgers will swear by and the CJ successors, while the Japs and folks in the asian markets will probably go for , and the Brits will swear up and down over the Land Rover Defender. Rather than argue I will just say all of them win...

>Depends on the Region I would say. Burgers will swear by and the CJ successors, while the Japs and folks in the asian markets will probably go for , and the Brits will swear up and down over the Land Rover Defender. Rather than argue I will just say all of them win...
Thank you, centrists.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I haven't submerged mine, as it's on the roof, but it takes rain fine. I got the slightly more expensive ip68 rated one though.

It was sold as a no-name product by "offroadfriend" on Ebay, but branded "Autofeel" on the bar

I'll autofeel you.

Shoulda got the Amazon ones. They fuck the seller if it isn't perfect. Free returns and everything.

>Being illiterate in 2016

Oh poor baby, what backwards ass country are you from?

If you could read you would obviously know that we are talking about jeeps being blown around the road.

>Putting 2016 in 2017

both incorrect its current year+2

We all off road in 2wd s10s now. Limited crying included

It's still the 19th century in some places in the south. Cut me a a few weeks slack I was still getting over 2015 while people were bitching about 2016 being the worst year ever.

In other news, I have made a grave mistake. I ate like 20 gummy bears and then learned they are sugar free.... I am about to shatter some porcelain. My gut has never been this loud before. Kill me now.

Fuck that, I want a steam traction engine for king of hammers

come on user we can all get stuck together in 2wd :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=RWK8GgWD4uA

JUST STUCK MY SHIT UP FAMILY

In a steam tractor.

2wd tho

Is there a definite answer to what's better offroading - 5 speed or automatic?

Or is it just your preference?

Mud and fording, go auto, anything else, manual... and if you have control to not touch the clutch, manual for everything.

Steam tho

That being said, if you love autos, they can get a good bit of work done, just realize it won't go like a manual. If it's a dd innacity then just do it.

Did some snow wheeling this weekend.

Did some snow wheeling this weekend

>A Yota and a Ranger
Someone photoshop in a burb, a Deuce, a Jeep , a 2wd s10, and a nervous Taco and we have a banner photo!

Automatics are best, don't listen to the woman. If automatic transmissions weren't best then why do 80% of the pirate4x4 builds use one?

That's because auto is best for offroading 90% of the time. Try shifting on a hill climb, or in mud, in a manual without loosing momentum. You pick a gear and are stuck with it, an auto can shift while you keep the pedal floored. Also automatics are softer on drivetrain parts, so less breakage. Plus the ability to start on a steep hill with autos, without spinning your tires, like you would popping the clutch on a manual.

Manual transmissions are for the wheeler that has an underpowered shitbox and needs the slight gearing advantage. Or they have no good automatic transmission choices, like Toyota 4runners and pickups.

How would you compare the auto trans vs manual in xj jeeps then?

Losing a shock is not even an issue. My XJ has been missing the right rear for two months, drive it every day.