Buy stock at $2.26

>Buy stock at $2.26
>starts to drop
>have anxiety attack
>sell stock at $2.06
>1.5 hours later it's at $2.59
>tfw

Yea don't be retarded. You probably shouldn't be messing with stocks outside of index funds anyway.

It's now almost $3.

brb killing myself

How much did you buy? Why did you sell? Just learn from your mistake and quit making poor decisions like day trading, which isn't for you.

lost $100. It started dropping and I freaked out, I thought it was going to drop worse

For fucks sake will you people study up on options?

What is a put
What is a short
What is a stop loss.

Fuck me...

Don't let the haters get you down OP, you're doing it right. Buy high, sell low. That's the first thing they teach you Economics 101.Now you've mastered stocks, it might be time to move onto Crypto. You'll smash it.

100 dollars. lmao

get a real job

buy high sell low. First rule of biz.

Please tell me more about all of these things.

>buy stock at 8.94
>it drops 50 cents
>don't panic, hold
>it doesn't go up much
>a week later it shoots past my buy-in and rockets up to my price target

>panic over $100
man ive watche 4k disapear over 2 days and then rebound up the next week.
use some common sense

Out of how much? 4k is nothing if you have 20k to play with

Why would you invest if you have absolutely no clue what you're doing?

Now wait until it goes up to $3.50 to buy more than sell it when it corrects back to $3!!

Dude you gotta use stop losses. Never enter a trade unless you have entry and exit rules.

I do not understand how some people function

set goals and do research

if it dropped to $2.06 and you discovered that the ceo of the company just bought 10000000 dragon dildos, then yeah, selling it would be a good idea. Fact of the day is things fluctuate, and if it did dip hard and the reason you discover is just a hurdle, you could wait for things to pick up and mark it off as a potential loss.

just chill and UNDERSTAND what you are doing

UNDERSTAND is the keyword here

Don't day trade
Don't buy penny stock
Buy low sell high

Sounds like he didn't know what he was doing.

Why he bought, what he was waiting for, what his investment strategy was, when to sell, etc.

I really hope you people don't unironically invest thousands or more like this... But I know some do, even if not on Veeky Forums.

Yeah, but how often does this kind of shit happen?

In all reality the stock could just keep falling and you're really fucked.

>How much did you buy? Why did you sell?
>lost $100. It started dropping and I freaked out, I thought it was going to drop worse
He asked you a question, you mong. This isn't your pity parade.

What did you buy? WHY did you buy into it? Tell me so I can laugh at you harder.

Hey Veeky Forums newfag here, what are some books/tutorials I should read before I try trading? Do you guys focus on short term or long term investing?

>4k is nothing if you have 20k to play with

That's a fucking fifth of your capital.

OP im gonna help you

step 1: open a "paper trading account" somewhere

step 2: practice playing this game with fake money. you wont care about the loss in this same way because its not real, you will learn how to actually trade

step 3: when you think you're ready, try the real money trading again. hopefully you will treat it the same way you treated the paper account and this time you will be the master of your emotions!

if you know why it might be dropping, it could give you a better idea on what to do. If you have no idea what is going on than playing it safe is always the better option

I am sort of casual with stocks, I just follow the rules of buy low and sell high while picking companies that are not a major risk and can be followed easily. Not looking for INSTANT $1000 in a day; things do take time.

also, don't just pick random companies without putting a lot of thought into it; you will learn nothing. Build and plan a portfolio and don't set it all into motion at once.

Post the stock or do you not really want anyone to analyze your mistake?

It was AMD.
I didn't panic because I KNEW it would go back up.

heheh that same thing happened to me 2 years ago~

I waited ages for the prophets to show up and provide me with profits

The stock was NVCN. Everyone else made money off of it, I'm literally the only one who managed to lose money on it.

sorry for the late reply I was drinking myself shitless all day

You have to learn to hold stocks. You can't go into it with the daytrader mindset so many of you dumb fuck get rich quick wannabes do. If a stock is dipping, still hold on until it makes a rebound and when you think it's peaked for a while, sell to minimize my losses. Most time if you hold it long enough it will rise back up again to where you bought it, if you still think it's a junk stock you can sell without losing any money.

I normally end up losing on about 20% of the equity I invest in companies and make gains in the 80%, so it works out to my benefit.

You really can't be impulsive in the stock market. Do your research, know what you are putting your money in. Take the advice of people who are more knowledgeable than you are. This is how you minimize your risk of buying shit stocks and maximize your possibility of getting lucky on a good tip. If you're serious about putting money into stocks, diversify your portfolio, but make sure you still have time to know what's going on with each investment. I keep about $4,000 on Robinhood in 8-12 different companies at any given time and spend around 2 hours a day doing research and watching the market. I sell at 20-30% gains on average, but I don't reinvest the money.

>equity
You mean money?

>have anxiety attack
>bought higher, sold lower
>Everyone else made money off of it, I'm literally the only one who managed to lose money on it.
>I was drinking myself shitless all day
>over $100
Don't jump into a growing stock because it's not indicative of how it will perform into the future. It's all about mindset.

You don't automatically buy into a growing stock just because everybody else is. You should have done your research and then bought right when the agreement was disclosed and not after, and have the balls to stick with your convictions. If there's a reason behind it and not just a pump and dump, you should have invested while it was rising on Dec. 2. Else, you should have realized that you waited too late and decided to keep an eye on other stock instead of investing. Or bought and held with the expectation of it going back to about $4 on average and NOT DAYTRADING IT YOU MONG.

Why didn't you do this? Was it because you didn't know? Did you do your research at all, or are you just a sheep?

I think the problem is, you're trying to day trade with penny stocks hoping for a miracle and you're scared of getting burned while having a huge emotional investment. This is poison.

How many times have we lol'ed at you day trading frogposters and you still don't listen.

Do your research. And be patient.

If I was you, I'd stick with index funds. With your emotions and bloo bloo bloo I must drink attitude, I wouldn't trust you with my cat much less day trading, you frogposting queer.

My portfolio is sitting at -1.2k right now. I don't sell, because I don't invest in stupid shit, and I know the price will rebound because it's a great company.

You don't lose or make anything until you sell.

Hahaha stay mad and poor u weak faggot

I did some technical analysis and put some price levels on the chart. You need to have a better system to tell you when the trade is no longer valid. It will help keep you in the trade.

Look at the breakouts above the recent highs I marked with arrows. Anyone who is already long before the breakout is moving their stops up to the double checked level at minimum as soon as that happens. The single check levels would be another place to consider for a stop.

If you missed the breakout, you think the stock is still going up and you're trying to get in the trade, the breakout levels in green would make a good entry point, but you would also be buying at the high of the recent range. This is where experience would help because the green line is an inflection point. Is it a significant high or a temporary one? You'd want to determine if you should be buying or selling at that level.

Let the market decide when you are wrong and take you out of the trade.

this.

if OP was winning he would be bragging and thinking how superior he is to everyone else, get fucked OP and thanks for the profits

pic related, i get hard seeing natural selection at work

>buy AMD at 6.30
>HOLD AMD FOREVER
>buy more AMD at 8.38
>HOLD AMD FOREVER
>AMD now over $9.50
>HOLD AMD FOREVER

>paper account

It legit never works, no one would ever make the same decisions on a fake account that they would on a real one. Your ability to control your human emotion is the most important thing in trading, and you're completely disregarding it with a fake account.

>cant remove emotion from real life situations to make logical descions based on simulated training.
>fit to give other ppl advice on traning or investing

pick one.

>go all in with paper account, very confident about trade
>instantly drops 10%
>stick it out cause who cares it's not real

>go all in with real account
>instantly drops 10%

you'd just be bullshitting if you think emotions don't come into play here. Good luck :)

i'm not bullshitting.
im just a grown , realized, mature adult male.
who can and does daily handle things like throw away money im already prepared to lose in a trading account fluctuating
without becoming emotionally attached.
partially because i am so used to it on the sim.
grow up.