/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Sweet thread, returned to the archive: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/ps-plus-14-day-trial/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1163029848
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, well, how did you get in here?

First for Wet Nurse is Eileen

PURGE FILTH

6th for i've never used the wheel

convince me to make a wheel character

Why does Bloodborne have the same orange skybox as Dark Souls 3?

I killed all those beasts in my way. What you gonna do about it you damn hippy? Gonna try to slap me with your beef conductor?

Anyone for defiled hotdog? Pass is dogniggr

God fucking damn it the fight with blood starved beast in loran takes so long because this dipshit constantly overshoots his attacks and winds up on completely the other side of the room

sure is fun spending like 10 minutes getting him down to 1/4th health and then getting one shot by his fucking grab

Reminder that Dark Souls games happen befire Bloodborne in the same universe

They use the same engine and takenplace in the same universe

Who wouldn't wanna smack beasts with an oversized wagon wheel powered by salty filthy Cainhurts ghosts?

>getting caught by the grab
Use BB Pellets and Fire Paper to speed up the fight. If you're worried about the grab just throw a blood cocktail.

Just slap him in his nose.

I'd rather have someone else do it for me while I relax and get then everyone gets vermin.

Shut up Djura, you're just a Hunt dodger while actual men are out there fighting for Yharnam. They shoulda put you in an Hypogean Gaol cell and throw away the key.

I thonk you mean why does DaS3 reuse so many Bloodborne assets?

Same user with the Djura pictures, Djura was the draft dodger of his time, when considered. He even used harsher methods of peace promotion seen in some of those upstanding groups.

>Reminder that Dark Souls games happen befire Bloodborne in the same universe

Please stop.

r u lelelelele med xd r u le triggered dude haha xd

Didn't he fight beasts in Old Yharnam and probably killed a few Great Ones tho? At least before he retired from the Powder Keks.

Djura's less of a draft dodger and more of a PTSD veteran.

He did, but there was still a hunt on when we showed up.

convince me more senpai

>Oneshot L2's you
>pshhhh, nuthin personnel, hunter

Fair enough, he's the old man joining the protests. Then again, I probably would have protested Vietnam, too.

im pretty new, but is it normal for this guy to be aids in his final form with his dumb poison cloud following him everywhere hes been?

i think i managed to lower or interrupt his roar where he like, buffs himself with it once but im not sure what exactly i did to do that.

>Chester says he was snatched from the future, has trenchcoat and dashes instead of rolling + holds range weapon in left hand
>Aldrich saw the age of Great Ones (closely related to the ocean) coming, he is even named Eldeich in the japanese version
>Demon's Souls Old One is an unkillable god who has to be put to sleep, and one of the Old Ones from Lovecraftian lore dreams entire universes into existence which could explain the nightmares existing in the first place and the disapperance of magic
>Gascoine says Umbasa in an early build of the game, where no one was even supposed to fight him. They probably had to remove it for copyright issues tho

I'm so fucking pissed you little fuck, I was having a great night until you fucking posted that, I was having fun on in this general just posting memes and discussing the game, then you came along and posted your gay little fucking meme theory everyone tries to push because MUH HEADCANONSSS but you're really just spewing out fallacious garbage that's completely unfounded and people think is real because the DaS writers were fucking bored hacks making a contractual obligation game no one cared about or wanted and here you are perpetuating that shitty mentality that keeps companies spewing out soulless sequels and cashgrabs good fucking job you enormous faggot thanks for fucking ruining my fucking night with this shit, people like you fucking ruin these threads and are killing this general you shit tier fucking cancerous piece shit just fucking off yourself no one wants you here so just fuck off posting an unrelated game here I should fucking report your little shitty post stinking this place get fucking banned you little cunt and stop shitting up an otherwise perfectly fine thread, you fucking cunts are worse than fucking tripfags spamming webms at least those are related noone fucking cares about your gay little theories you desperate fanfic fucks keep shoving down everyone's throats so just fucking stop I'm so fucking pissed right now fuck you

Yeah, the BSB is credited as the filter; if you can beat it, you're in it for the rest of the game. Just don't stay in front of it, stay to the sides and back. Bring someone with you, we're always more than happy to help.

SeeYou do realize these games' story is supposed to be half headcannon right? Miyazaki wanted to replicate his childhood experience of reading western books and not knowing the whole story due to his different language so he had to make up bits and pieces to form his own story. Hell, in the interviews he clearly says he wants players to create their own interpretations rather than thinking their is one set answer.

BSB is a scrubstomper, but trivialized once you start using items the game throws at you. Or sticking to a side.

how does that convince me to wheel senpai?

It's fun.

Are you still on this?

Oh sorry I thought you meant to convince you into my silky head canon.

Let's see, you got great hyper armor, great milleage (you can choose 4 different gears on damage buff vs damage taken when tricked), it's transformed r2's hit multiple times so it has great Beasthood buikduo speed and rally potential.

Are you sold yet?

Wheel is okay, but Str/Arc characters are really fun. 25/50 for Tools, beams, revving and converted weapons. Blasting stuff with the Boomhammer and a Fire Stake is satisfying as hell with urns.

>see a friend posting screenshots of PS4 DS3
>ask if they want to play bloodborne sometime
>they tell me they don't own it
>they bought fucking dark souls 3 on ps4
>but not bloodborne
>mfw

why

Why are y'all so defensive on silly theories about a game made to be interpreted with silly theories?

I think you've won me over senpai

SO TELL ME BBG, WHY HAS P.T BEEN DATAMINED BUT BLOODBORNE HAS NOT????????8

Dark Souls and Bloodborne have incredible thematic differences. In fact, I'd say Demon's and Bloodborne are far more likely to be related due to that one reference Gascoigne made, certain gameplay similarities and forbidden arts/knowledge leading to tragic downfalls of peoples and lands. Dark Souls is more about decay, tarnished beauty and the fall of myth.

Of course the games are all connected, just with no more than a wink or a nudge for legal reasons

>BB will never be datamined
>We will never see what cool weapons, sets, and bosses were cut from the game
>We will never see Eileen or Yurie's faces

What are those pillars in the hunter's dream in the distance?

They look like archtrees

I'm pretty sure they are that too and are jst there to be a refence nothing more. but don't tell the lorefags, they'll kill us.

>P.T has been data mined
Where can I find this? I still play it from time to time, greatest horror experience hands down
spiked knuckles to flail trick weapon
double barrel shotgun
trick staves for long range bludgeoning

well i mean i died like 5-10 times learning it but nearly every one of my deaths was because of lol poison (a few earlier were from phase 1-2 learning attacks or whatnot) but after i "got him down" i still just kept dying to his fucking aids cloud while avoiding him running around the room like a fucking spaz as i died to aids and then i'd have to go farm some more FUCKING antidotes.

and i cant coop because no plus, but i did try using the npc summon like, 3 times out of all the attempts. I do have the very first time 2 day trial on my psn account. is there anything else other than that i can abuse for free time?

Some say Kos...

They're holding the other layers of the Nightmare.

You can summon Alfred with the Old Hunter Bell, he's to the side of the staircase. Also, make sure you're wearing Papa G's garb from the Insight Shop, you'll have better poison resistance. Also make sure you have antidotes.

>don't get to hear dialogue when fighting amygdala/rom/eberitas with 99 insight or when in NG+

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/ps-plus-14-day-trial/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL

You can use it once per account. You have to have credit card tied to your account.

>tried making a strength/bloodtinge build for this
>had too much fun with kirkhammer and completely neglected bloodtinge, barely passed 20

Oh well.

There's dialogue?

there isn't, I'm saying that would've been a good opportunity to make some use of having high as fuck insight, of which there seems to be none

>Implying

>"It's too edgy bro"

There's also the fact that Shrie of Storms proves the colorless fog caused by the Old One can create ohysical realities out of human thoughts, and that nightmare fog is oresent in Blooborne.

>don't get to see Mergo and wet nurse's face with enough insight or while wearing crown of illusions
>wearing the crown of illusions does nt increase your insight/itsm discovery

I fucking hate how underused insight is as a mechanic

You can see the end of the pillars tho

>kill celestial emissary and eberitas consecutively on first try
>start feeling like my entire room is spinning, it actually briefly look like it is until I focus my eyes
>feel light headed and like I'm going to throw up

is this what gaining insight feels like?

You can see the top if the pillars tho, they're not supporting anything

This

ah yeah that would be cool

You should probably take a brake
you know too much user

alfred tended to shit out and die on me in third phase though, so i only summoned him a few times (though he was with me on the kill)

the different armor poison resistance didnt seem to help much, but i didnt buy g's stuff from insight shop. i've actually been hoarding all my insight, not sure if that is the right choice or good idea (since its not lost on death at all)

oh sweet, thanks. i'll use this and then maybe get some co-op going.

so can i get randomly invaded if i go online like the others, or how does that shit work in this.

>Ifunny
I'm triggered

t-this isnt real is it

what kinda bullshit have you dealt with today?

wrote this for the last thread but accidentally never posted it:

You should level however you want. The softcaps / hardcaps make it so it doesn't really even make that much of a difference anyway; you just become more of a jack-of-all-trades. I mean if you don't care about PvP / following the meta, just pump your END all the way to 40 (going higher does almost nothing). It allows you to do the ridiculously high-stamina combos like LHB's 4-hit L2 combo that you otherwise could not do without having ~30 END and using up at least 2 of your rune slots for stamina. I also like having high stamina because you can stun lock a lot of really tough enemies and kill them in one long combo, w/o ever having to let them recover as you wait for your stamina to regen.

It's a low priority upgrade of course, but if you rely on melee a lot and never plan on stopping leveling, I would put points in it before leveling a fourth other stat (like before BLT or ARC if you already did VIT, STR and SKL)

You can only get invaded if there is a bell maiden present in non chalice places. They only appear naturally in two areas of the game and itherwise onky apoear if you ring your resonant bell for co-op. They can be killed in both situations to stop the possibility of invasion.

Pic related

the spiders are way more dangerous than the hemwick spirits. Hemwick spirits look scary as fuck but most (not all) of their attacks do shit for damage. I remember being severely combo'd by them yesterday morning as I was trying to roll away (got hit with multiple counter hits) on a FRC, and thinking "how the fuck am I still alive?" after like teh fifth blow. Meanwhile a spider asshole takes half my HP in one attack that is not even a counter hit

why does it have to take so fucking long to get to great pthumerian ihyll. I'm at ailing loran it's fatiguing going through all this crap and scrounging up the materials for the chalices. Especially when I just wanna go and fucking buy something from the bath messengers

it makes me not wanna do any kind of build ever again that requires me going down that deep

fuck chalice dungeons

same

bruhs
You can get the lost / uncanny variants as soon as you can get the DLC weapons themselves.
There is a bath messenger shop in regular old Pthumeru, on this glyph: 8i29rqz3

It's to the left of the main lamp on L1

thats only DLC "bruh"

no one said anything about DLC weps though?

No need to get your panties in a twist; it kinda sounded like that's what he was saying:
>Especially when I just wanna go and fucking buy something from the bath messengers

was just trying to help

it's okay user, I appreciate your helpfulness

Could someone recommend me a BL100 build that mains the reiterpallasch and the bloodletter?

>cursed defiled pth ihyll root for uncanny wheel

fuck

that

there is ZERO reason you shouldn't just able to buy uncanny/lost weapons from the hunter's dream bath in NG+

The lost logarius wheel is hard as fuck to get from this dungeon (abbbxezk; the other didn't exist). It is on layer 2 but it is in an unmarked bonus area behind a bunch of random caves and some long, maze-like areas only accessible from the main layer area.

Anyone know of a glyph where it is easier to find it in?

using this doc from the OP:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1163029848

agreed

what do i put the bloodrock in?

>why isnt this question asked more often

can't answer that without knowing what weapons and builds you're using

whatever you enjoy using the most. if you've managed your insight well you should have four by the end of the story anyways.

Whatever weapon you like
Just make sure its the right version of that weapon

im like 30 in skill strength health and endurance and 18 in arcane

4?!?!?! i thought there was only one

which weapons have different variations?

yo senpaitachi this fucker doesnt know what he's talking bout, set him str8 >>/v/363961448

well what're you using.

You might wanna try the Whirlgig, pretty gud weapon and has some arcane scaling.

There's one rock in the Mensis Nightmare, one in the Fishing Hamlet, and what he probably means buying 2 more with insight

ive got blades of mercy that i use alot, i rarely even use my gun anymore. but this question is irrelevant if i get FOUR bloodrocks. can we just focus on that, now where are there? im going throught the DLC, i just beat amygdala in optional nightmare and am like one step into normal nightmare? have i missed any? fishing hamlet? i just wasted a bunch of insight upgrading the moon sword

>4?!?!?! i thought there was only one
1 in Mensis, 1 in the DLC, and 4 in the chalice dungeons, actually.

Plus you can buy them and get them from bosses.

Fishing Hamlet is the last area of the DLC, it's pretty hard to miss. It's the area after you kill lady maria, you get to her once you climb the research hall (if you didn't pick up a key back at the start of the DLC that might be where you're stuck).

I don't know what you mean by "normal nightmare" but the nightmare of mensis is accessed after you kill The One Reborn and go into the lecture hall.

You can buy blood rocks from the insight bath messengers after beating Mergo's Wet Nurse (final boss of the mensis nightmare)

>4 in chalice dungeons

I don't believe there's guaranteed blood rocks in chalice dungeons are there? It's just a chance to drop.

Anyone want to help my tentacle man through lower loran layer 3? I still have shit gems and I feel like rom is going to be a problem

>Fightstar Album cover
Fuckin noice

>which weapons have different variations?
All of them
If you want to go physical or arcane, get radial/radial/triangle
If you want to go fire/bolt, get lost, which is usually radial/waning/triangle, unless its bloodtinge
If its bloodtinge you want, get lost and don't come back

I'm just ringing as I go through. Please join and save me

pass bbg

so these alternative weapons from the chalice, are any of them better than the standard? like, i'm using hunter axe, and have a zapmace now that i'll plan to use once it gets up to same + as the axe, and looking at the moonlight sword + the pizza cutter as my main 4 weapons I had my eyes on (so far anyway, will need to test more and see what ones I like)

and seeing this talk of limited titanite slab and the "other" versions of weapons has me wanting to plan and not waste any of those final slabs.

>hating on bloodtinge

there's literally like 2 good weapons for it, 3 if you count the bow (the arrows are pretty easy to dodge in pvp imo)

Another salty baby who can't beat the chikage in FCs. Get fucked, scrub.

Say that to my wheel fucker not online