Dwarf Fortress but with less autism
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
>HugsLib: you'll need this for some other mods.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0
>EdB Prepare Carefully: tired of hitting the randomize button on pawn generation?
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
>Map Reroll: do you have autism? Hate that layout but don't want to start a new game?
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18073.0
>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering: more replacement body parts and shit.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
>Less Arbitrary Surgery: stop killing your colonists in surgery arbitrarily.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29098.0
>Vegetable Garden: when you want to grow irradiated plants or bake a muffin
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

(/rwg/ mods)
>Dickwolf: adds wolfmen
filedropper com/dickwolves_1
>Wojack: memes
filedropper com/wojak
>Pepe: more memes
dropbox.com/s/dtngu9ss68wp8db/Pepe A16.zip?dl=0

(Current /rwg/ projects and progress)
>Cowgirls
pastebin.com/btgsZbQP

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839099363
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Machine_pistol
mega.nz/#!5IdW3LZA!m1nMrqnx9Hds5gG14FnomdYoLikFlz-Gzw-y2x3HMCY
mega.nz/#!Bc0CmY6D!dhfefqGbpShQkUHZ_1JPoGPDAldAYE0FabNNUmJ-cxE
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for new thread smell

Fuck as soon as I made it.
Don't go here

2nd for new traits.

Gourmand, +2 cooking, joy gain when cooking and eating, eats twice as much.

Don't feel bad, user. At least you have the gull to make a new thread. I was worried that nobody would make a new thread if I hadn't and I wanted to go and watch TV.

How fun is a tribal start? I'd imagine it's a bit annoying dedication someone to research like 90% of the time.

how do I get my fucking dogs to stop fucking interfering with shoot outs. They always get in the way and get shot.

pls send help and you'll make my day!

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839099363

Make an animal zone and restrict your animals to there during a raid. You may have to undo their master, I'm not sure what overrides what.

I find it easier in that you have more manpower and they whine a lot less, but harder due to that research penalty and having more colonists makes raids harder.

Juggling food due to no freezer is a bitch for the first few months because pemmican only stacks to 75x, and a full meal is 20x. So it's grossly inefficient.

The shitty weapons really hurt in harder modes since you pretty much always face as many, or more enemies that you have colonists, and they come with armour and machine guns versus your dudes with bows and clubs.

Assign a zone to them away from the combat area. Dogs that are trained and assigned to a master need to be told to "not rally" when his master is conscripted. This is done in the animal screen.

Never done it before, but it might be an interesting start for an otherwise easy biome like a full-year growing temperate biome.

Thrumbs for cud

turn off 'follow master in combat' in animals tab

It's pretty fun desu, I'd recommend getting medieval times mod too if you're going to do that, you'll probably end up with someone who has passion in research and is shit at most other things at some point but you can just make one of your starter guys like, a doctor/social/research guy, stuff that doesn't take up much time and lets him research most of the time while still being useful. The importance of melee guys increases massively when you don't have guns, and with medieval times you can have a few heavily armoured guys to fuck their shit up in close quarters.

ROOLLLLING START

War mounts when? I want to ride my thrumbos and grizzly bears into combat!

Wait so they can never use guns?

DROPPED

>be tribal
>get attacked by three guys with guns
>wait around a corner with spears
>run at them and kill them with spears in melee while they get 0-1 shots off then start punching you
>steal their guns
now you have guns

also you can research them

Don't forget about r/rimworld.

Don't forget /r/rimjob/

Reposting for this:
I request your help, /rwg/.
Gonna do a tribal nomad run, However, i lack inspiration.
>Desert, plains or tundra?
>Endgoal?
>Gimmick?

let's roll

Desert all the way.

Deserts tend to have huge tracts of land and are often flat. You'll have lots of room to move around on the map.

I would say that you need to build, like, a "temple city" where your people make a pilgrimage to every year. So it's the only place you don't abandon.

Perhaps leave a shrine maiden and a few guards behind to watch over the temple, but you are going to need the rest of your colony to provide it with gear and food every pilgrimage.

I was thinking about equipping my 2 trigger happy girls with snipers and train them to be insane soldiers with all the enchants i see vendors selling, how would that do? What do i give to my careful shooters?

>raiders shoot the wild Thrumbo
>it berserks and chases them off
>dismiss my colonists
>IT STARTS HEADING BACK TO MY BASE

>trigger happy
>snipers
that's the opposite of what you want
>what do i give my careful shooters
snipers

picture related

trigger happy would fuck their aim but once they get good shooting levels (and bionics) it won't matter and they'll become killing machines.

Careful shooters are pretty good snipers, too. But I wouldn't make a squad out of them, necessarily. They make for great hit confirm "snipers" in a marksman team while the others fire faster to ensure you're not caught by charges.

WHICH IS THE BETTER COMBAT DRUG, YAYO OR FLAKE?

Once they taste blood it's too late.

RIP my noble Beefalo pets

They both seem pretty comparable, considering that they have similar stats. Though yayo I believe makes your pawns faster.

I love how thrumbo fights always result in particularly brutal deaths, like limbs being ripped off and shit. Does a better job of simulating a battle with a dangerous beast than a lot of other games out here

Isnt trigger happy better lategame tho? With bionics and drugs and stuff?

What about shotguns in general, are they OK? I'd imagine they are only good for smashing bugs.

>a boar can haul
>but a muffalo can't

uhhhh

I started using the extended garden mod and this shit is confusing.

There's like bloat everywhere. 10 fucking different recipies to do.

Fuck there's an oven and a wheel thing. Fuck.

I don't know what the fuck to do. Is there a tutorial somewhere on this shit? Pic not related.

you mean vegetable garden?

>not setting cleaning to priority 1

Does a muffalo have hands?

>colonist is no longer going berserk
>WARNING: COLONIST IS NOW GOING BERSERK
no u

Is this the fresh new meme?

A sign of things to come, perhaps.

Shit just rains from the sky

What...

Oh hey, you got the X event. Harvest them quickly and build an X-Generator.

but be careful, if you have a x-generator, you might get attacked by X-Men. watch out

Good for reach-around gunners. Useful to fight tribals when they rush the sandbags.

>get old granny with trigger happy, cataracts, and burning passion in shooting
>give her a machine pistol (part of a some mod, basically a weak af pistol that fires individual shots inaccurately with really low cooldown, like 3-4 a second, instead of bursts)
>send her out hunting at night
>reaches 15 shooting in a few days, climbs to 20 pretty steadily after that
>still can't hit fucking shit
I think she died before I could get her bionic eyes but that would have been great

but if you beat them you get the blueprints to build the better communications computer, the x-com, which allows you to always trade with intergalactic traders.

I'm pretty sure that machine pistols are vanilla

rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Machine_pistol

it was a different gun, it didn't fire bursts, it was basically a semi-auto that fires 3-4 shots a second, faster with trigger happy, which for a trigger happy cataracts granny meant she would go out at night and blast hundreds of shots at a squirrel and eventually just give up and go home

So i've been using the vegetable garden mod and holy shit beans need to be nerfed.

10 beans = 8 soy milks and each soy milk can be made into 1 meal

EACH INDIVIDUAL BEAN IS 0.8 OF A MEAL

I'm posting z-levels until Tynan adds z-levels

>get a colonist with 5 farming to start
>just make a huge plot of strawberries
>never have to make simple meals

So desert nomad then.
I think i may be able to use the cthulhu mod for the temple part. Also, FashionRimsta has nice desert robes.
What are some useful pets i could need? Besides Dromedaries.
Cobras? Iguanes?
Should i make it 100% traditionalist humans (no prothesis/bionics/advanced weaponry/etc)?
Install that cat-people mod and do a Khajit Enclave?
Enslave and sacrifice the furry demons to the desert spirits?

This game runs terribly on large maps. You really think it could handle multiple floors?

That literally doesn't matter.

The entire mod basically makes any land made into a farm plot with increased growth out of nothing. You just dig any spot for dirt, make it into fertilizer and then make any land into a farm land.

It's more a mod about making growing into a whole new category. You can fucking grow steel and plasteel with it nigger, so it's obviously OP and meant for fun and flavor.

It turns the game into farmville on steroids.

still waiting

The x-com is bugged for the moment, somehow installing it messes up the game's shot calculations.

Sounds good, your grand temple better have a cobra pit in it at some point. I'm actually curious if this desert colony with satellite colonies for supply will work with the current game balance.

How do i improve my defenses, /rwg/?

i will roll

>Khajit Enclave?
Sounds comfy. I'm actually thinking of doing a similar run.

I really like your door design. Makes a ton of sense and I imagine it works well.

In terms of improvements maybe failsafe IEDs to take out things that get too close?

>pheobe chillax
>rough

>mine into a plasteel vein
>have 3000 plasteel on day 5
>be tribal

>raid
>6 guys
>2x sniper rifles
>1x assault rifle
>2 uzis

how am I supposed to beat these guys with fucking spears and bows now

Ok will try, thanks!

What did he mean by this?

>>mine into a plasteel vein
>>have 3000 plasteel on day 5
>

Ehhh... you've really limited yourself there as far as I can see. There should be more distance between the end of that bottleneck and your line. put some lamps or torches there maybe to improve shooters while roofing your own guys for cover of darkness.

What specifically kills your colonists?

You can't even really use plasteel, why did you even mined it?

Force open your door and stab them when they walk in to your house.

He can make those sweet plasteel shivs at the crafting spot senpai, doncha know

>thrumbo spawns in map
>time to see if im lucky
>hope to shoot it until it gets downed, then treat it and hope it becomes a pet, if not, do it again
>put my fastest colonists to kite, my cook. the only person who can cook
>her left hand gets fucking ripped appart
>thrumbo stands up before I could heal it to full
>its going to bleed to death
>I lost 50% manipulation on my cook for nothing
god damn

the fucking vein was in my way plus I figured I could sell the shit

anyway save lost - I even tried again by loading and the next raid just had even more snipers hehe

mega.nz/#!5IdW3LZA!m1nMrqnx9Hds5gG14FnomdYoLikFlz-Gzw-y2x3HMCY

This is a version of the maid outfits with no OP stats, it now requires first reserching complex clothing and electricity, it requires the same amount of power as an electric tailor, and finally all outfits require far less resources but have far less benefits.

They all retain the social bonuses, nursh uniform gets 10% medical bonus, header gets 10% prison recruitment bonus. There are no massive stat boosts.

I just picked a random number for market value but I doubt you'll be selling them anyway, If there's something else you think I should change let me know.

also if someone knows how to get them to show up in the electric tailor let me know how or just do it yourself and upload the file again here, would be appreciated.

fucking french

I support the effort if not the purpose

>graves facing south

for fucks sake alpaca, the ceremony hasn't even started yet

Thats not how you tribal, fampai.
You need to trick the white devil at point blank range and then overwhelm them with spears/clubs.
Their boomstick may be deadly from afar, but in close combats they are as squishy as rats.
I even killed some mechanoids this way.

I saw a couple anons ask for it and I wanted it too, mainly because I just wanted cute outfits as soon as I start a game.

should I light up where my guys are shooting from or keep it dark?

You should keep it dark if you expect enemy shooters to hit them, but only the tile they are standing on.

Follow your dreams

What you mean limited? Should i make it taller to the top then? Nothing really kills my pawns yet i was just thinking there might be some shit coming i havent seen, thanks.

>deconstruct a wall in some mountain
>2 centipedes walk out

WHERE WAS MY ANCIENT DANGER WARNING?

mega.nz/#!Bc0CmY6D!dhfefqGbpShQkUHZ_1JPoGPDAldAYE0FabNNUmJ-cxE
Use this link instead I forgot to change plasteel to steel in the recipe defs

Wew Cassandra.

>It's a very complex game so as we change stuff, things fall out of alignment quite easily. There are many many cases of this in A16 which I'm correcting, and we're doing tons of bugfixes, so I'm hoping to make A17 pretty much a "pure refinement" build. Once everything is solid we can start adding new things again.

Why is the Rimworld subreddit not in the OP?
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/

Well that problem took care of itself, they started dying of malnutrition at the same time and exploding in a chain reaction.
Go back, lad.

this is not your safe place drumbdfkin

If you're actually new, we had this spergout earlier and it was inconclusively resolved conclusively. If you're just so lonely and desperate for interaction that you're trying to stir the pot at a quiet hour, kill yourself and be gone.

drumph blown the fuck out by furry fanfiction

Why are 5% generation maps the most comfiest of all?

That does look comfy, user.

Leddit is a safe place, this is a containment board.

Why is it always trump with you redditers? I live in fucking England.

fascist brexiter scum is equally bad

Still pretty new to the game, early in and such. What sort of gear do I need before I can take on Scythers and the Giant worm things in the ancient rooms?

Why would there be fascists in England?

Was there some kind of mass child rape by immigrants or something?

Whew, good thing that has never happened!

>tfw my post made it into the OP pic

My mom would be proud of me ^__^

you brexiters are destroying the peace of Europe
what is happening in the uk is textbook fascism