/drg/ - Danganronpa General

The boy who would have been best in a better world edition

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

Previous thread: >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/11/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Q2aHTyNa
pastebin.com/BJrLPWDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xth for Ouma

DUDE
STEPPING STONE FOR REAL FICTION
LMAO

Can we 1000 posts before new thread?

Reminder that Miu's lewd sprite was unused in the game

I feel sorry for Shirogane Tsumugi.

I wish Ouma was something I could invest stocks in. He's clearly on his way to become the new Komaeda.

I think real Maki must've been a super edgelord in order to receive SHSL Assassin.

this honestly, it wasn't her fault, she should have been able to stick around with saihara and co

AYAMATTE KODAKA

Other than trial 1, which trials are on YouTube?

Kodaka just thinks we are monsters for playing these games is all.

>Cute normie jokester schoolboy ouma dressed in all black
>Satanspawn despair ouma dressed in white

D E E P E S T L O R E

WTF IS HIS NAME AGAIN?

So hang on.

The previous games in the series always ended with a message of hope triumphing over evil and despair, and satisfyingly paid off the trauma
This one just laughs at you and berates you for playing through it and thinking there'd be a point or message?
This wasn't supposed to be a game of despair

Didn't she actually kill Amami though for real? Then again everyone is fine with Toko who's a literal serial killer.

ULTIMATE HACC-FICTION WRITER

Why is he so sexy?

Kohacka Jones

Or she might be a nice girl who didn't want to kill anyone and wanted to win in order to use the prize money to build and orphanage.

How can you feel sorry for anyone in this game? They chose this, they knew exactly what they were signing up for clear as the ink on the contract. All they had to do was not sign.

because he's basically a girl

I feel it would've been cool if, instead of Rantaro, there was a different survivor. Like, a killer who got away with the murder and won a previous game, but came back for the thrill. Idk. better than "hyped up loser cheater"

The hope and despair theme kinda got done to death though. If this one was about truth or lies..maybe its saying you shouldn't believe stuff? idk it all seemed like bullshit to me but we'll see how it looks in proper translation

He's batfuck nuts, makes extremely crazy face, pulls good ruses and has a face/body begging to be bullied/lewded.

He was made to be memed

>Danganronpa V4 announced
>One night only live performance art piece
>Opens with Saihara, Yumeno and Maki searching for the creator of DR
>Kodaka walks on stage
>They execute him
>His decapitated head rolls into the audience
>Close curtain
What would your reaction be?

He might be cute, but not sexy at all.

It's the guyliner.

Second part of the lewdfic, Miubros: pastebin.com/Q2aHTyNa

It was obviously fiction and a lie.

Fucking Finally

I mean, I get that it's been done, but this ending just sounds sorta spiteful to the fans for hoping there'll be positivity. As though we all only play for despair. Hopefully it'll be better in translation, but there's a dissonance between making this game the most brutal one and then mocking and criticising us for enjoying the series

Press F for respects

Your writing is surprisingly good, I didn't expect much from 4ch but here you are.

cringy writing m8, this is sex, not poetry

reminder that this is the reason why there's a "v" in the title

where's that part 1, fellow miubro?

Kaede was on her way to being the next Nanami in terms of popularity

BRAVO KODAKA

I just realised that the loud chink is exactly the type of person Kohacka is talking about.

But what if this wasn't? I mean, this is the real world. What if the madman actually executed himself as the final statement on the series?

Link to part 1?

Kodaka's commentary on his fanbase, accompanied by his own dev team as the real antagonists of the story.

It's the greatest story for a VN ever written. Fight me, it is. The twist is well done, comes out of nowhere, makes everyone laugh with how bizarre it is at first and then becomes serious and moving. The way they present the world and the characters, and the use of Danganronpa as a symbol of the problematic nature of a culture of death comes off as elegant, and the final conclusion shows that even though fiction is deceitful it still has the power to change the world. It's the best VN SC has ever put out for sure, and I'd put it right up there with the likes of Swan Song and Forest.

pffthahahahahahahaha

Kodaka's ability to weaponize his audiences expectations and even their disappointments is incredibly impressive.

This isnt some odd misfire like ZTD, the madman knew what he was doing.

Does V3 show atheists in a bad light?

Would you crush Ouma?

Since I posted on the old thread right after a new one was created, in case anyone is interested in Ouma's profile in the official artbook:

Name: Ouma Kokichi
SHSL Supreme Leader
How he refers to himself: Ore
How he refers to others: Kimi
(I'm not used to translating long stuff so this is just extreme approximation.)
A boy with a talent of leading a secret society but it is unknown for sure whether it is real or not. As for the said secret society, there is nothing that seems to point to the fact that it is even real. Even SHSL Detective cannot tell whether it is real. A liar enveloped in mystery, he always says inappropriate things and cries crocodile tears with an innocent smile on his face.

If I'm not wrong, it's just the character profile written on the website. There are probably better translations of it online. since I'm just a newfag in translating

hey thanks

here you go bro: pastebin.com/BJrLPWDM

Joy

Honestly I have no idea where the meta wanking came from. It doesn't even make sense within V3's story. Feels random and like a needless condemnation of the fans.

People who don't understand how roman numerals work are the ones who should be executed.

Had me going for a moment there. I mean, it could be alright in practice. But this is not in practice. This is awful shlock

>DR1: LOL HOPE
>DR2: LOL FUTURE (and VR)
>DR3: LOL MINDHACC
>DRV3: LOL FICTON

I miss the simpler times of DR1 and DR2

>zero
>roman numerals
fuck that class

I took 3 years of latin in highschool and I start fucking up past the 100s desu.

Atleast post on high quality.

DR should've end with DR2

You did pretty good, or at least way better than most of us english speaking plebs here I'm sure.

It's gradeschool level commentary. Even homestuck and understale can do it

I still don't get this but nothing makes sense so whatever.

Yes, but those arent million dollar franchises.

>dressed in all black
Does anyone have a picture of this?

they had agency you do have a point but what type of it? Like they weren't evil persay and later on misguided like DR2's cast but they weren't exactly saints and they were twisted (according to Tsumigi who may or may not be accurate).

Well Undertale is now, but the odds Toby will make a sequel is pretty low.

With my dick.

So, the one thing that is bugging me is how do they find out the thing is fiction? Surely the previous 52 didn't end that way, and it wasn't the planned ending for this one. What changed to allow them to find out?

there's a high quality version? i need it for research.

ONE IN FOR THE BEST BOT

i want that tenko sprite

C U T E
U
T
E
!

Nah, despite everything, Ouma is still for hugs and smooches.

I don't have the full version sadly.

Neither is DR.

Too pure for this world.

I want to hear all their profiles.

Presumably, it ends with one person alive (usually). They reset them back to their original personalities, and they all have a good laugh about the murders and their fucked up reality over piles of money and fame.

best boy

You got any more of these....? For like....research purposes.

He really was a hero. Probably my favorite DR character now. Shine on you glorious bastard.

>needing to write a fic about Miu to make her lewd
Not necessary, she's already the most sexual Dangan

Rantaro cheating and needing to die early is what caused this to happen

He was a wonderful bot who miraculously stayed alive for the entire game and then blew up the franchise at the end. He saved us all. A good boy.

come to think of it, given that he was the camera for the game, i wonder what would've happened if someone attacked or killed him.

Just make a fic where everyone has the lewd Miu personality

why did he kill himself for cucchara, that-one-girl-that-is-so-bland-i-forgot-her-name, and loli megizs

cringy writing m8, this is sex, not poetry

Yumeno lewdfics when?

They were programmed to kill anyone but the robot.

lol

to send me into despair
kiibo was such a Good Boy that he didnt give a shit if all his friends were shit tier, he still loved them. damn

Is Saihara and Yumeno canon?

Maki/Saihara/Himiko doujins when?

Right. But how did that lead to them finding out it was fiction?

>yfw you realize that kiibo's resemblance to naegi was entirely intentional from an in-universe perspective and people probably both enjoyed the callback to the first game and also complained that he was a repeat of a character type

>Implying
Maki's still dreaming of Kaito's superior dick

same. thought his design was cute at first, but jesus, skyrocketed up my fucking favs chart

Bless you, user.

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.