Fordshills BTFO

>It'll have 700+hp!
No. 638hp - less than the 675 LT and 488 GBT.

>Kerb weight will be below 2800lbs!
No. Dry weight is just over 3000lbs, and kerb weight always exceeds dry weight.

>It'l be faster than the 675 and 488!
Faster than the 675 in a test conducted by Ford themselves. They didn't even bring a 488.

How long untill this Dodge sends the ACR out to Bumfuck Nowhere, Canada, and resets that lap record?

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html

Other urls found in this thread:

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html
youtu.be/X7vk5-Bfd3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muh numbers
But how is it to drive?

>faster than a 675LT with less power and more weight on worse tires
Ford is GOAT.

>in an uncontrolled test conducted by Ford
>on a track in bumfuck nowhere with no control times

Still faster.

at this level they're all really good and it's just splitting hairs

except its a ford and looks like shit

OK. Fact check time.
>638HP
True. Most sources put it right around 630 to 638
>Weigh 3000lbs
No. It's 2890

On a side note, Ford claims this go have the highest power to weight ratio of any car ever. Does the Koenigsegg 1 : one or whatever it's called not count?

They must only be counting among "major" manufacturers.

638hp and 3890lb is still pretty respectable.
It looks like it has good aerodynamics and really stiff chassis going for it, too. So I wouldn't be surprised if it outperforms its power:weight like the Viper ACR does.
But whether it's actually faster around all these tracks than the Viper ACR is the real test.

>No. It's 2890

Go read this link (source: Ford themselves), and it'll say:
>Ford GT’s dry weight just tops 3,000 pounds
So slightly over 3000 pounds dry, and well over 3000 wet/kerb weight.

>Mhu Feels
Go back to 86 threads.

Huh, alright, cool.
Looks like we'll have to wait for some magazines to get their hands on a car to get real life, assured numbers. Seems like every source is giving something different

Oh I'm sure it will be fast as all hell. And I'd bet you are right when you say only major manufacturers. Even though I don't particularly like Ford, I hope they don't fuck it up like Honda did with the new NSX.

Nobody manufacturer is going to try and set hot laps in the middle of nowhere.

Until it sets laps on tracks people give a shit about, like Laguna/Willow/Burgerking we don't know how fast it is.

But the NSX wasn't 's fuck up, it's fast and is more or less a 918 Spyder for a tenth of the price

>but muh feels
These idiots have never driven an NSX

>Calabogie raceway is bumfuck nowhere
It's right next to Ottawa and it's a pretty fucking long and top tier track

Then why aren't there any laptimes published by other manufacturers on that track? All I can find is motorcycles and chumpcar.

Besides, wouldn't it have been easier to just go to Laguna Seca or Willow? I know they're manufacturing the GT in Canada, but it makes no sense to test your car on a track doesn't have industry support, and a wide range of laptimes - unless you want to cover something up.

Also, comparing the GT with a 458 is kinda wierd. There's a 3 second gap around CMP (~2 minute laptimes) - but a 458 is 2 seconds slower around Fiorano than a 488 (a ~1:30 minute track). I think that a 488 will get very close to a GT, even around CMP - but Ford just didn't want to confirm or deny that suspicion.

It's a relatively new track. I'm kind of hoping more manufacturers start testing there, all we have so far is Nissan Micra cup cars

The "problem" with the new NSX is that it didn't live up to the monstrous (and mostly unrealistic) expectations set by the old one. It's a perfectly fine car, it just hasn't had fanboys masturbating to it for 25 years.

Aww shit, replied to wrong comment.
This is the correct one.

It's about an hour away from me. Been on it a couple of times. Would love to see it take off and do well internationally, but...

I don't see it being anybody's favorite anytime soon. It's HELL on brakes, more so than the average track. High speed straights into hairpins.

Also no spectator area and it is about 30 minutes past bum fuck nowhere.

So the 488 GTB is superior. Eh, can't say it's a surprise.

It's about 3054 dry with 120 in fluids, so 3174 lbs. At 638hp, it's about the same power to weight as the Viper ACR.

Except the ACR costs two-fifths the price, has more torque, is faster despite being manual, and gets better fuel economy despite having an 8.4L engine.

Displacelets and turbofags will never learn.

LS master race here can we be friends?

Sure friend

LS7 a best

It does? The ACR gets about 10-13 mpg IIRC

So much for muh Ecoboost

B-B-But, it's supposed to beat anything apart from the 918 user. I thought the GT was the god masheen.

Also speaking of the ACR, viper owners are crowdfunding a snek trip to the nordschleife so it can beat the record again for extra bragging rights.

go to go fund me and add take-back-the-ring-record after the com/
(remover the spaces cause Veeky Forums thinks it's spam)
Are you hype? I know I am.

Viper gets 12MPG city, 21MPG highway according to EPA testing (15MPG combined).

The Ford GT has the worst rating of any 2017 Ford vehicle: 11MPG city, 18 MPG highway, for a combined rating of 14MPG.

>Ecoboost

>The Ford GT has the worst rating of any 2017 Ford vehicle: 11MPG city, 18 MPG highway, for a combined rating of 14MPG.
That's hilarious.
A combined 14MPG from a 3.5L engine.

You'd think it'd be one of the most fuel efficient supercars, not the worst.

FORD™ is proud to announce that in a FORD™ conducted test at Literally, Who? Raceway, Nowhere, Canada; the FORD™ GT™ was driven by FORD™s Trained Professionals faster than several competitors that did not attend the test.

Place your order for the 2017 FORD™ GT™ now! Oh wait, you can't, just buy a 488 or 650S instead then..

Too bad the 488 is the ugliest mid engined Ferrari ever made, so it rules that out.

>Fiorano laptimes
You know those are completely made up so Ferrari can shill their newest model, right?

>650 hp
>why doesn't it get good gas mileage?????
durrr

>muh feelings
how's your vagina today

The track is probably nearby where they're engineering it. After all the ferd is built in Canada

>cares only about numbers
>doesn't care if a car is enjoyable

This the definition of benchracing.

An 8 liter v10 gets better mixed mileage. Let that sink in.

647hp and 11/18 mpg...
last years entry level ferrari has 660hp and 15/22 mpg.

I was going to buy a ford gt, but after these numbers i'm pretty disappoint, i'll stick to my dx hatch, which is lighter, gets much better mpg, and with a few simple mods, is probably faster.

The performance of this car blows more than its two turbines.

>The performance of this car blows more than its two turbines.

These turbines will probably blow in more ways than one.

>Kerb
Wut

Curb weight, aka with all fluids

>no! it doesn't count!
rotflmao. btfo by a v6 f150

ford is goat

Motor trend reported it weighs 3300 pounds fully soaked.

With the world's longest gearing......

>gm shills start a thread falsefalgging and shitposting
>slowly disappear
really makes me think

Literally grasping at straws

not an argument.

>btfo by a v6 ford
Rotflmao

HOW ENBARRASING!

sad

oh look, a retard who doesn't understand that an engine doesn't make peak power at every RPM and 10% load, but who wastes time commenting anyway

durrrr

wtf i love ford now

neither is a supposed high tech "ecoboost" engine getting worse mpg than a truck pushrod engine, a high revving twin turbo v8 flatplane ferrari, and a mclaren lol

>what is a powerband
>The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
durrrr

>Mclaren literally cannot compete with a v6 ford
ROTFLMAO

goalposts moving in 3 2 1

which is really a testament to its torque considering the performance it offers.

what a pigfat piece of shit

The Gen V Viper is known for having shorter gears and thus gets worse mileage than the Gen IV

Try again.

chill your autism bud, neither of us can speak about performance until all cars are tested in 3rd party comparisons

>buying a 650hp supercar
>caring about gas mileage

EL EM AYY LMAO

fucking plebs

>v8 fags get btfo by the rxc turbo
>then get btfo by a modified f150
rotflmao
it's already faster. keep sperging. rotflmao.

>no! the times are fake!
>FORD IS LYING!!!!
you literally can't make this hurt up

It looks like Ford nailed the downforce on this thing and blew everyone the fuck out.

DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

MCLAREN WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!! IT WAS OUR TURN!

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP

I'm honestly confused about the GT's target audience.

Who's going to look at Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, McLarens, and every other supercar and think to themselves "nah, I'll get a Ford."?

It's baffling.

The 6500 people who applied to buy one?

You can't estimate the laptimes of cars based on how they did on different tracks, there a some variables which can affect the laptime in ways you can't predict, the incline, the turns, the lengths of the straights, etc. The car may not react and be considerably slower on one track than on another even if they are the same length.

holy shit, you still don't know what load means, but you commented again

You actually know nothing about cars.

actually kys

If it had another badge you would go full boner

Well, I guess so, but why? Ford fanboyism? What makes the GT competitive?

it's faster than the competition

Found the Miata/86 driver

harder to get than a ferrari

>Dodge

Kinda weirds me out how emotionally invested Veeky Forums is in seeing x brand or x car fail or succeed, whatever their personal metric for such may be

I'd be happy with a clean car with a nice noisy engine that I'm capable of working on myself regardless of brand, not really sure what the point is here.

I don't think Veeky Forums really understands the concept of personal taste

It looks sexy. I don't like Ford but even I can admit that.

Looks ugly inside and out imo. actually its the biggest turnoff for me. Even if it did have a V8, V10 or V12 i still couldn't put a poster of it on my wall unfortunately.

Here's that "I have no idea what personal taste is" thing I was talking about.

I know Veeky Forums likes to think it is an authority on cars but I think you need to go and look up what 'subjective' means again. Just because you or ALL of Veeky Forums (HINT: Every board on Veeky Forums hates things that people who aren't from Veeky Forums like, it doesn't mean you're right or that 'the fucking normies' are stupid, it means you're a contrarian jackwagon.) thinks its ugly or shit at the end of the day the majority of Veeky Forums doesnt even have lubemonkey-tier knowledge of vehicles and your opinions are just that.

Opinions.

Glad you feel that way. Doesn't make it a fact.

Every review has said the car is shit house.

Am i looking at a copypasta or does he not know that "imo" = "In My Opinion"?

A little of both.

Im drunk.

appears as though you've unwittingly baited him

They sold out so obviously there is a market for them.

You have no way of knowing this

Also sounds like shit

>How long untill this Dodge sends the ACR out to Bumfuck Nowhere, Canada, and resets that lap record?

The viper owners of america are crowdfunding a trip to nordschleife for 2 sneks to retake the record from the 918

so what, you will NEVER own one.

I can appreciate this car without other peoples thoughts about it.

Deal with it . jpg

>implying the Viper has taller gears

>2017 Viper
>Top speed: 193MPH

>2017 Ford GT
>Top speed: 216MPH

Kerb weight (UK) or curb weight (US) is the weight of a vehicle as it could sit at the kerb/curb outside your house: that includes all fluids. Kerb weight is always higher than dry weight (without fluids).

So, in order to settle that, why didn't Ford bring a 488? Or, for that matter, why didn't they test at a track with publicly known laptimes?

As it sits, it's an uncontrolled test, with substandard competitors (458), on a track that nobody can compare to.

>3.5L V12 Ecoboost GT
This would've salvaged the entire deal. Hell, even a 5.2 twinturbo Voodoo would have been fine but no sir, Ford is dominated by marketeers nowadays.

Having sold out without a single spec of information about performance is brilliant marketing, not brilliant engineering, and I think the GT is a perfect example of a highly-limited Veblen good.

>so what, you will NEVER own one.
But there is a possibility I might one day own a 488 or 650. I will never own an inferior GT, because A. it'll be slower once Ford isn't doing the testing and B. they're extremely limited in their production.

>aerodynamics don't exist

According to that chief engineer post, they cared most about driving feel, because they essentially knew they couldn't make a 700hp beast.

Almost all the research went into feedback and feel.

I think it looks fantastic, it really grew on me.

As said, super cars now need super drivers to win the numbers race, so it's not really much about that anymore.

Wish they went for the coyote, but as the engineers said, it was meant to be an ecoboost billboard and they couldn't run the 8 reliably enough.

> they essentially knew they couldn't make a 700hp beast.
They could have made it a 4.0L engine instead, then it'd be over 700hp. What?

>ford
>designing an engine
Kek
The 3.5 is a mazda engine. Ford couldnt even do that.

Thank you very much, conspiracy-user!

I've found something for you:

youtu.be/X7vk5-Bfd3U

Remember, auto motor sport test fucking everything, it was completely stock.

AYY is the ecoboost still based of Mazda's MZR engines?