/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: →

Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Splatoon 2 has been announced and is slated for a release date of Summer 2017! Watch the trailer here: youtube.com/watch?v=qN4w5D2tzME
- The Switch will have paid online service - but it will remain free from the Switch's March 3rd launch through Fall 2017.
- The Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy are showing up as new characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! They also sport new cars. youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact
mynintendonews.com/2017/01/14/hands-on-with-the-nintendo-switch-first-impressions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friends with Octolings!
Saving Callie with Octoling Help!

Callie is dead!

>two (2) posters

now 4

Callie isn't dead, she just smells that way.

I had some fun with the Hero Shot Replica today. What's the last weapon you used?

So is there a list of differences between Splatoon and Splatoon 2 yet?

>Not always using the default gun.
It's like you suck at the game..

Is /ink/ over again?

What did you expect?

Do you think lag issues will be fixed in Switch or will it be just as bad? Or worse?

Draw Dualie-chan.

Reminder to contact Nintendo directly and tell them you won't buy a Switch if they have paid online.
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

>Implying they give a shit
>Implying they won't make a fortune if half they only got half the amount of Wii U owners to do it

But I don't want to lie.

It's okay when everyone else does it!

Wasabi Splattershot

It's not ok if anyone does it retard.

This is the only chance, no matter how small, to try to prevent it before it is set in stone. I think that is worth a shot.

I agree and I will do my part.

Remember to be polite. It's easy to get a strong point across without sounding bitter.

>prevent it
As if. Nintnedo just needs to take one look at PS4 and Xbox and they can see that they can charge this without hurting to much of the player base. They know you'll pay for it as there is no other choice if you want to play those games.
Its like convincing a Government not to raise taxes, what are you gonna do about it?

>[embed][embed]
Ah

But they have done so since 2004.

Nintendo needs to catch up by having actual quality online service, and the first step is having the funds to provide it.

popsicle?

>But they have done so since 2004.
And? They've been wrong since 2004.

>Nintendo needs to catch up by having actual quality online service, and the first step is having the funds to provide it.
Paying to play online =/= quality online features and infrastructure. PS has downtime all the time.

Yes. I haven't had ones like those since I was a kid.

Xbone had huge backlash and changed their tune. If enough people care anything can happen. Look at real world events that nobody thought would happen, but enough people supported their preferred cause and made it so.

>While waiting in the wings for Splatoon 2, Nintendo’s representative was quick to tell me that you can now change your Inkling’s hairstyle – perhaps as an unlockable or shop item – and that co-operative mode now has access to Turf Wars. Whether this will be implemented as split screen given the map has been relegated to the X button, or as two separate playable screens on the Joy-Con Switch pad and the TV is currently unknown.
Though there is a confirmed solo campaign, which will hopefully be lengthier, as well as new maps on offer, the best new element that I sampled were the dual guns. The special attack on the dual weapon allows you to jetpack your Inkling into the air and splat enemies from above. But you’ll have to be wary, as those on higher ground can splat you with ease, leaving you vulnerable to sniper attacks.
mynintendonews.com/2017/01/14/hands-on-with-the-nintendo-switch-first-impressions/

What is the best type of popsicle? I'll also accept ice cream bars or frozen yoghurt sticks, as long as it's portable summer delight, it's good.

secret hotaao

How do you guys organize your splatoon images? I've only just started saving them and need advice

I always felt that the lag in splatoon was overblown

I live in Australia and only ever versed Japs so it felt pretty big to me.

i mostly sort them by character. callie and marie is sorted into awful/containment/cute/hotaao/lewd/news/run of the mill/splatfest/the absolute best
callie and inklings have folders for lewd and callie has a folder for dumb shit

add mojomc for squid squads

So does that headwear have some special significance?

It's her hand held over her eyes but people are being dumb.

switch won't have miiverse

that means no drawings of squidward all over inkopolis

that means no children saying they hate school in the plaza

Well that sucks

There's no miiverse replacement?

You can see a giant, British-style red letterbox in some screenshots of the new inkopolis square, I'd like to think you can post messages with it at least.

What's this style called

I don't use any weapon but cjs
I'm a shitter.......

dual SIM my man

Not about paid online they didnt

>dual squelcher
never phonepost, my friends

I wouldn't know a name for that particular minimalist / outline look, but the general feel reminds me of turn of the 19th/20th century travel posters and stuff like the Beggarstaffs. Sort of post impressionism era commercial art.

Don't worry gents. Those Splatoon devs are definitely aware of the artistic side of the community. There's no way they won't get a replacement. Perhaps having a personality like Nikki.

And we'll get more finely drawn pictures, since the switch is an actual tablet.

idk about that. the Wii U had a stylus and a resistive touch screen. the Switch, unless it has some really fancy digitizer, won't be able to match it in terms of accuracy.

I also don't draw, so take that with a grain of salt

This is a fresh post

I am.

Well, they mentioned in the presentation that the touch screen uses "haptic touch", so it's more or less in line with current tablets. All they need to do is release a stylus that can be used with it and boom, you got a $300, 6-inch cintiq that plays your favorite squid/kid vidya.

Didn't they say the Squid Sisters were originally going to be shrine maidens? Maybe Marie retired from idol career

guys what if callie is kill and saltpile cousin is the new villain

I don't think Calle is kill at all.

She's probably just kidnapped

good evening, /ink/. i hope everyone is having a good day today.

I am!

I am

that's good to hear

Marie is the final boss

The best change is that you'll be able to see woomy armpits now.

The missile launcher is easily my favorite of the new specials shown so far.

squib!

i'm glad the switch is portable, the only tv in my house is in the kitchen, which gets very cold
playing spla2n will be so comfy

>new fanart already

I can't wait for the summer.

This place died again after only 2 generals? dang

I really like Splash Down for some reason.

I hope we get support for more than a year.

Splash Down is pretty cool. Might be useful during TC. Speaking of I wonder what new rank modes we'll get in Splatoon 2?

I want ranked turf war

>boot up Splatoon for the day
>can't enter online battles because my Wii U suddenly forgot the internet connection
>have to reenter the wifi password for some reason
>connection test failed

Can't wait to ditch this shit console for the Switch. I was playing just fine yesterday.

>ranked turf war

>Wii U: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
>Switch: IEEE 802.11ac

How much better is this?

It looks cool, but it could've been so much more than "shoo the campers".

>not using an ethernet adapter

It doesn't work like that. Capacitive screens are trash for drawing. The only exception I've ever got to use was the Shield tablet that even kinda sorta did pressure sensitivity and palm recognition without a separate digitizer, though, just through some fancy software, so that part of Nvidia tech may've migrated to Switch.
>inb4 Switch Pen for $100

>ac
it's not outdated anymore. ac means that it'll support 5.0ghz, no? that right there can make a world of difference. you won't lose signal from your microwave!

I may be talking out of my ass, though. it's been awhile since I bought a new router.

ok lets do this

>what new colors you want?
>what stages do you want to come back?
>what returning gear/guns you want?
>do you like the new specials or do you want the old ones back?

Blue
Kelp Dome
Squid Girl Set/.96 Gal
I'm fine with having all new specials. Half the fun of a new multiplayer game is starting fresh without an existing meta.

>new colors

Honestly I'm fine with what we got, I just want a way to lock in a certain ink color

>Returning Stages

Triggerfish, Mall and Warehouse plus it looks like Towers is back so that's nice

>Returning gear/guns

Gear wise I want all new stuff and Splatlings were confirmed so all I would want back now would be the Gals

>Specials

I really like the new specials but RIP Kraken and Echo.

What new aspecs of Splatoon 2 are you looking the most forward to?

>>what new colors you want?
Green
>>what stages do you want to come back?
None except for Ancho V
>>what returning gear/guns you want?
Dual Squelcher, Wasabi Splattershot, Splat o Matic
>>do you like the new specials or do you want the old ones back?
Only Inkstrike.

The single player.

Black Ink
The pool
Disruptors
The new ones are fine
Dualies

this looks squishy as fuck like a stressball
delicious

>what new colors you want?
light orange, red, forest green
>what stages do you want to come back?
none in particular
>what returning gear/guns you want?
gear: all of the sweatshirts
guns: the nozzlenoses and the sloshing machines
>do you like the new specials or do you want the old ones back?
i'm not sure why they've gotten rid of all the old ones, seems a bit pointless. i'm gonna miss bomb rush the most

I just want the option to choose which buffs you want, instead of it being so luck based. That or just remove it altogether or make all gear static and set in stone.

New gear, weapons and music

>nozzlenoses and sloshing machines
My man!

It DOES look a lot like nigiri sushi, tho

>guns: the nozzlenoses and the sloshing machines
amen

playing with /ink/ again

Honestly, I just want customizable loadouts.

>colors
I just want ranked colors in turf war. And yes, there are different pools of colors.
>Stages
Kelp Dome, Flounder heights, Walleye Warehouse, Ancho-V games and Museum d'Alfonsino all were great
>gear/guns
Gas mask, ALL SPLATLINGS, and the Inkbrush, despite its flaws
>specials opinion
The new ones all look great, but seem leaning toward offense. I'd like Echo, Bubbler, and Kraken to come back to level everything out.