/srg/ - speedrunning general

SNIFF edition chairsniff.me/

AGDQ (Awful Gamers Don't Quit) is the main focus for now. This is a week-long speedrunning event for the Nobody Reads These Fund

Currently: GTA Vice City
Next: Super Mario 3D Land

Schedule: gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Stream: twitch/gamesdonequick

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. These videos are usually useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/twitchchibi/status/820255336561045505
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for sneat sniffing

Spongeboob have started senpaitachi

SUCK
FPEEDRUNNING

BIG MEME COMING UP

>Currently: GTA Vice City
>Next: Super Mario 3D Land
u sure?

it's recycling

>this shovelware literally uses open license windows sounds

>hurr durr 2013 was the last good agdq

i'm rewatching it right now and ugh, it's just as bad as this year. have you people considered that you might have gotten too old for this crap? it's been 4 years...

FRAME

PERFECT

bleep bleep

>shovelware
hold your tongue

They compare their best idolised memories to the current time.

>you add the frame perfection onto the just the right angle to slide off the right way
JUST

Okay so now I have to get dubs. It's a frame perfect trick...

People only remember the highlights. They forget that it was boring as fuck for 95% of the marathon.

This is a very precise trick, but we got it first try.

putting this game during the graveyard shift was a travesty

This run makes Vice City ACE look easy.

They practice the precise tricks to become consistent at them. That's how speedrunning works.

The highs were higher in the older GDQ's mostly because the hype was real.

Speedrunning blew up after 2012 and 2013. Now it's collapsing in on itself because everyone is realizing speedrunning is autistic and not actually fun.

Also, most normies think Speedrunning is fun one time, which is why these marathons get so many viewers. Most average speedrunners get 20-30 equally autistic viewers.

FRAME PRECOGNITION soon

Got these dubs first try

>that final boss fight
wait

what

>I don't even want to see my time.
With all of those frame perfect tricks and first tries?

>not actually fun.
It is fun, it's just not fun to watch. The "marathon" concept was doomed from the start.

Think of it like model train building. Nobody finds model train shows entertaining or fun for more than 5 seconds.

HÄHÄÄ

IT'S OVER ON THE FIRST TRY

BIG DAY FOR THE SPONGEBOB COMMUNITY

shoutout to cole who basically did everything but im the one running ;^) haHAA

I think there is a brief timeframe where Speedrunning is fun. Then it becomes grinding better times which is tedious and boring and often leads to rage, which is why so many speedrunning streams are cancerous.

>model train shows entertaining
Its super entertaining, its all a bunch of super passionate old men with moustaches. Those guys absolutely love trains.

This was probably the WORST german amateur rapper I've ever encountered, I have no fucking clue how he got so much hype.
But I'm happy that he finally faded back into obscurity. Fucking image rappers..

his new video got 4.5 million views in 72 hours and is global youtube trending as #2

time to kys I guess :)

true dat homeboy :D

You are just streamcancer.

>his new video got 4.5 million views in 72 hours and is global youtube trending as #2
Seriously? The only thing this guy has going for him is his fucking spongebob costume

Then they should stop acting like getting the trick first try is super special.

>Then it becomes grinding better times which is tedious and boring and often leads to rage, which is why so many speedrunning streams are cancerous.
You're watching the wrong speedrunners, my man.

There are people who have been speedrunning for 10 years and still find it fun. When you get bored of grinding one game, you learn another. There's much more to it than just grinding for times. Every game is a very long and involved learning process.

Transframe Transperfect tricks

Guys I'm gonna use the next 3 hours to learn a speedgame and bring it to GDQ next year. What game should I play?

Halts Mahul du Opfah

This post is sub-frame perfect and pixel perfect. Let's see if I can get it first try.

>He's doing it
>literal madman
>MEMEMAGIC

how many cancers has the PCF prevented so far?

There's still the TAS block to look forward to
Right?

Fifa My Career Any %

Don't Shit Your Pants

>claps

baten kaitos 100%

>younger brother
Sure.

There's already been several donation messages from people whose relatives have survived cancer. Thank you PCF and Uyama!

>survived
then it wasn't prevented

do a speedrun on suicide

aka ResidentSleeper %

You're taking the "prevent cancer" phrase too literally. Early detection falls under the "prevention" umbrella, because it helps prevent you from dying from cancer.

what's your favorite speedrun to watch and why

twitter.com/twitchchibi/status/820255336561045505

Wait there was no Haydee speedrun this gdq?

hl because it's fast

>we're burying my dad's ashes
You're meant to fucking throw them against the wind.

AGDQ bans TriHard but allows a dude named Darkman to interview people

Spyro the Dragon 120% because of its high skill ceiling, movement tech and clever routing that flows well.

better therapy also falls under prevention because it prevents you from dying of cancer?
desu I always thought it was about genetic and medical research rather than fliers and ads

>I always thought it was about genetic and medical research
Something like 25% of PCF's funding goes toward early detection research.

I love seeing two grown men talking about the great points of Spongebob Squarepants.

typing of the dead because is one of my favourite games but i doubt they'll do it ever again, that and super mario maker stuff

>3 hour 15 min any% run

Galaxy is a shitty speedgame. It's a perfect example of why modern 3d Mario games suck ass.

Compare this shit to SM64 or Sunshine.

>Play a children's video game based on a children's cartoon show for 30 mins
>get a 30 minute interview in front of an audience of 200k people
I feel like a sucker for working a real job

i like the mario speedruns
lost levels, world, 64, sunshine
many interesting bugs and deliberate tactics for games i know very well

>it can't be beaten in 5 minutes by zipping through out of bounds areas so it's a bad game

this may've been my favourite run so far, the guy was cool

You have money to play new games though. That's a luxury he can't afford.

you left out the part where he goes fast

You think this guy makes money off playing Sponge Bob games?

the mario galaxy run is gonna be LIT fampais

my favorite is sonic 06 (sonic campaign any%) because there's something new every time. zelda alttp 100% is also great because of how optimized it is.

nobody likes the short SM64 categories. I'm referring to 120 star.

What you said doesn't apply to Sunshine at all. You're retarded aren't you?

If a run is well received AGDQ can give you enough exposure that you can actually live off of speedrunning, yes.
(Just don't be a cosmo)

WAAAAAA MOMMMMMM I CAN'T BEAT IT IN 1 HOUR IT'S SHIT

IT'S S H I T MOOOOOM

So you are, in fact, retarded. Thanks for letting us know.

MOMMMY I FINISHED MY PLATE OF TENDIES AND THE SPEEDRUN STILL ISN'T OVER FUUUUUUUCK

F UUUUUUUU CCCCCCC KKKKKKKKKKKK

You are meant to do whatever the person wanted with it. Throwing in the wind is an overused stereotype in movies.

i miss pre-2013 agdq where they were a day behind schedule at this point, at least it didn't have more filler than gameplay

he's saying 3 hours is a bit too much while the speedruns for sunshine and 64 are perfect in duration, or so i believe
i don't agree fully though, i can appreciate super long speedruns if only to laugh at the runner's misery when he fucks up something three hours into the run and loses his record pace completely

How is that an example of the Galaxy games being bad?

If anything all it says is that the stars in 64 and Sunshine are much shorter and simpler.

wow save 40 frames in a 3 hour run PogChamp

Galaxy levels are all linear autoscrollers dude

>3 hour run
>boring mumbler couch

lmao

nice let's play bro

>NEETs actually believe this

>3 people on the couch
>this fucking boring
>3 hours

these people are just shitters though i feel ashamed for arguing in this game's favour

kill me $5

this is barely a speedrun innit

its kind of fast

>3 hours

it's a speedjog

and the WR is 1 hour

We're 15 minutes in so this isn't the end, this is just the start.