Letting friend drive my car?

He sucks at driving. He doesn't have a license. He wants to use my car for his test to get his license.

I'm scared. I don't want to tell him know because he's a good friend, and I want him to get his license. But, this car is my baby.. :/

I'd let him drive pic related, but he can barely drive automatic, let alone my beater truck to pass his test.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15398667/#q15400377
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your car?

A clean ass Olds 88

I'd just tell him you don't think your car is the best vehicle to do the test in

Year?

Say your car is broken or something.

In a 50s car to do a test? Tell him fuck off. Way too valuable

Before he drives anything, including your car, he must have auto insurance purchased. Otherwise, there is no purpose in having a drivers license because he has no car. He can just get the identification license card instead.

In our country, we insure the car not the driver.

Since he doesn't have a car, what is he supposed to get insurance on?

I'm about to do my test in my friends car. Homies help homies. Always.

>homies don't value your property as much as you do
ftfy

t. absolute retard

i got a homie who will take real good care of you

>another im afraid to tell my friend/family member no you cant drive my car thread.

If you feel uncertain about lending your friend your car predicting some might happen to it.. Just say no. If they can't take it nicely, fuck them. Your property not theirs.

He's probably not a good friend if he can't respect your desire to protect your property. Ask him politely if he'd consider using his parents vehicle.

He's a low life poverty nigger with kids. We've been friends since before the kids.

>Since he doesn't have a car, what is he supposed to get insurance on?

In the USA, I called the insurance company and simply purchased an insurance policy and declared the car(s) I would be driving. The type of car of course changes the rate just as the stats about myself also change the rate. Cars that are not listed on my policy will not be covered unless they are such things as rental cars from actual rental car businesses and that I am getting the car for temporary replacement of my declared policy car that is being repaired.

When I bought a new car, the dealer would not release the car to me until I had proof I had already bought the insurance policy and that it was active.

My policy does not cover other drivers and it explicitly says so. So if I loan the car to someone, they must have insurance and notify their insurance they are using my car for a period of time. Generally, companies are flexible and if it is short like one day the car is covered by THEIR insurance thru "goodwill". Goodwill is when the insurance company chooses not to enforce the exact terms of the policy and they eat the loss in hopes of retaining business and that the person will not have another chargeable incident. Some like Geico are poor about good will while others like State Farm often try to retain customers particularly if they have been with the company a long time.

No.

The instructors will be total pricks with a manual. Tell him to find an auto to take it in, will make his life ten times easier.

I failed my first test because the instructor didn't like my manual transmission truck. Came back with an automatic car and passed it with 100% score.

If his purpose in having a Driver's License is to get a job driving a vehicle owned by a business, then that's good. There is also the stigma of having only the government issued identification card without the driving endorsement. So I can understand him wanting a Drivers License.

You said he doesn't know how to drive well. That means you'll have to find a large safe area for him to practice driving without wrecking. Automatic transmission is easiest. He'll have to parallel park as well as make turns without cutting corners.

See this archived Veeky Forums thread at:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15398667/#q15400377

It has one of the better descriptions of practicing parallel parking I've seen in Veeky Forums.

>He sucks at driving. He doesn't have a license. He wants to use my car for his test to get his license.

He sucks because he has no practice on real cars. As what "sucks" means I have no idea. Lead foot? Panic braking at every stop? Swerves? Or is not aware of other cars?

One thing about driving is that it requires good vision. If he has uncorrected blurry vision, then that is definitely a source of poor driving. That will be the first thing to be corrected because a Drivers License typically also has a basic vision check.

This, make up a reason for it being "less than legal" pull the fuse for the horn, say instructor(whatever) makes up test the lights, signals, HORN, etc... I literally did this, feels bad but it worked.
Also, if you are Phil, don't read this post, you fat slob. And don't read that part about me calling you a fat slob, fatso.

Bench seat and stick shift.
Comfy manly.
This your car?

Let the cun't use your car ffs, I had to buy a car and get on my brothers insurance plan and then drive it to the dmv by myself to take the test and get my license. Good times

OP never responded to year, the 88 was made right up until the late 90's.

>get on my brothers insurance plan
But as a driver with a separate car?
Group discount?

>He sucks at driving.
So that means he needs more practice behind the wheel or else he will flunk the test by crashing the car in traffic. Will you help him do that?

>He doesn't have a license.
If he's employed then that is good. But if he is seeking new employers, it's possible they look negatively at someone who doesn't have a drivers license but only whips out the basic ID card.

>He wants to use my car for his test to get his license.
>he can barely drive automatic
It would be unfortunate if the driving instructor told him "Now park here" as he was driving up to a spot. He would then shift the transmission to Park while the car was moving since the instructor told him to Park.

Looks like you have to help him get his driving skills up to a higher level. But the problem is getting auto insurance to be legal to drive during the auto test. Most people get added to their parents' policy so they are legal. I've never heard of one-day-only insurance policies.

Niggers are hard to convince but you need to say no. It's a pain in the ass to find parts for 50's-60's 88s.

what year 88 you cuck

>Niggers are hard to convince
He doesn't seem to be a niggers from the way OP has or has not talked. There's a difference between blacks and niggers. Nigs run from taking care of kids, so at least this guy hasn't run off. You know what makes more nigs? Fathers running off due to no money.

Personally, I would like to see more blacks succeed because there has got to be more positive examples for niggers to aspire to as part of the solution. As Theodore Roosevelt said (in a discussion about the race problem), we cannot kill them, so we must try to fix the problem. So if OP feels it is possible to help without damaging the car, then that would be another positive thing.

A trained monkey is still a monkey. You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey. Blacks are niggers, my chooch.

Let him buy his own car for a test, don't let your faggot friend wreck your car

Not OP, but the guy is too poor to own his own car. So that is why he needed to borrow one for the drivers practical driving skills test. But you knew that from reading, right? If you did, then your answer is very much like "If they don't have bread, let them eat cake!"

>He sucks at driving.
How does he practice driving? From a driving game simulator? Would he improve if he played the auto game you play?