steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCTiS9P2u6Y
docs.google.com/document/d/1WyJyIwNEitkGcQttLjSTI4A9nrhZ2LV5kOtw-hG1IKw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Off yourself senpai

newfag

[embed]is live[embed]is love

>He doesn't enjoys

How new?

I just hate the meme with a passion.
It's one of the worst memes out there along with the IRA.

Second for Icefu!

Reminder that she's never going to be playable.

>tfw assassinating hordes of otomo missionaries

Post some nice carpets

>I-I recognise my cousin, he's been dead for years!
>DIE TRAITOR!
>They've got the Dragon Sickness!

I love the cross faction dialogue in this game. What ones have you heard that you like?

DELETE THIS

>never ever

>Don't harm the beard, Dwarf hair is valuable!

Ice-full of chaos dicks*

This is the result of germanics fighting germanics.

From Rome II

>I'm glad I'm standing behind you, you fat bastard

That's going STRAIGHT into the book.

How to ruin a good mod:
- Give all units latin names or names in their native language just so some nerds can satisfy their autism
- Make every battle last 60 minutes because units take ages to grind each other down

Yeah DEI is retarded

What are the chances of CA implementing a TPS or even FPS hero mode to Warhammer? I'd love to give the control of a hero unit to a friend, or play as one myself. It'd require some tinkering so it wouldn't be OP or unfun, like having manual blocking mechanics replace automatic melee defense, but I think it could be really great.

Attila is so goddamn boring
All the european barbarians are essentially the same, and even the romans aren't that much different in terms of unit aesthetics from the barbarians
everything looks so bland and uninspiring, everything is brown, everything is samey and boring
tried the desert empires thing, the factions have all of 5 units in total: shitty spears, slightly better spears, shitty archers, slightly better archers, some sort of slinger guys, and 3 apparently different guys on camels that look the fucking same

how am I supposed to get hype and invested

1%

The most you can do (Or will ever do) is gift them a hero like you gift other units in multiplayer campaigns.

Is there any reason to use katana cav over yari cav?

I honestly don't mind the length as long as I have shock units of some sort. It becomes nightmarish though when you don't have a sufficient hammer

>Empire has no alternate starts
>reikland start is boring but still want to play as the empire
>download empire faction unlocker
>unlocks all of the provinces to play
>load into a game it changes a bunch of other shit too

I fucking hate modders.

>Hmm I would love to a mod that changes A
>Download mod that changes A
>Also changes XYZ
>~~~~~"""LOREFUL"""""""""~~~~~~~

read: Unbalanced, poorly thought out and garbage all around.

This is why I'm hoping "Old Friend" is Boris. Empire really needs an alternative start.

But every TW is the same regarding unit diversity, with the exception of Warhammer perhaps.
Attila is brown and dark because it fits the mood and period of the game, it's one of my favorite TWs in aprt due to that reason.

I know that feel.

>Download some popular Empire mod that is supposed to make the other states more unique
>All greatsword units have capes

I like the unique shield designs in that mod a lot, but otherwise it sucks because every trooper looks like a fucking general with his fancy armor. And yeah, the capes are retarded.
I think I should get into modding and add the shields myself, but I have no knowledge of it at all.

This fucking guy

>defect from uesugi over to my clan during a siege
>win multiple close battles while defending a key province
>get trait that inspires fear
>end up taking conquering most of your former clan's territory for the hattori

>Anyone actually tried using late game skirmisher cav in Attila? Are they any good?

I've never ever had any character defect to me, are you using mods?

Nobody can have a legitimate problem with the former. They're called hastati in vanilla to begin with.

The latter is completely unforgivable. Roma Surrectum 2 was so unbelievably boring.

They are great for killing enemy shock cav before they do any damage or charging into unprotected skirmishers, but they require some micro.

COME

SIT

Big thanks to the anons w/ the econ advice last thread, towards the end I had a couple provinces pumping out 2k/turn which helped during the crucial stretch before I snowballed and rekt everyone.

Do you guys usually do long or domination campaigns? Short is too short obv but domination seems like a chore

no, he must have had low loyalty for whatever reason. I've had my characters do the same thing in battles before

Skirmish cav can rek enemy cav, the problem is that the AI really likes going into the various diamond/wedge formations which does take away all of their missile block chance, but allows their units to catch your cavalry if they hit charge speed. Great thing about attila is that you can also use them to kill enemy skirmishers after they run out of ammo

>Alternative start
>One province away from the regular start

Shit, if you're going to do something different make it on the other side of the Empire

>Require some micro
>Currently playing on legendary
I can already see myself losing them in the first fucking battle

>Legendary battle difficulty

Why would you do this to yourself?

Skirmish mode AI is almost good enough by itself.
Depending on how lazy you are engaging your front line you're often not going to have much else to micro anyway.

They should make Middenland have constant beastman stacks spawn every X turns and maybe make the Drakwald part of it have a severe movement penalty.

I'm not sure how they could make Middenland more unique in terms of campaign play.

SHARE MY RIPE WOMEN

>skirmish mode ai is almost good enough by itself

no it is not

I can figure out what a unit does from unit card looking at the discription well enough, but I want to know which unit does what at a glance.
Stuff like Hastati or Cataphracts are well known enough to give them their real name, but that doesn't justify giving obscure semitic factions or small celtic tribes fancy names when the unit you have there are just your generic spearmen or tribal swordsmen. It's an annoyance that sours the gameplay.

>constant beastman stacks spawn every X turns

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last grand campaign until i move over to Warhammer so i figured i would try and go for the legendary divine triumph achievement.

The problem is though that any other lord who might make an interesting Empire LL is still right next to Reikland.
>Boris
As you said Middenland is right to the north. He'd still be different from Franz since your first concerns would be Beastmen, Hochland, Nordland and chaos raiders.
>Marius Leitdorf
Located in Averland right next to Reikland. Start might be a bit more unique since Sylvania is right around the corner.
>Countess Emanuelle von Liebwitz
Sits in Nuln doing nothing productive.

meant to reply to

Niggas be angry

what is so goood about Missonaries, any religious hero can demoralise the enemy, what makes it so special

In that case, the only interesting one left would be Kislev but they aren't part of the Empire and giving them any sort of buff would make the chaos """""""""threat"""""""""""" non existent.

Christian rebellions

How so, whenever I use them its just 2 yari and 2 bow ashigaru, and then thats only 25% movement gone from them
can you repost the economy advice pls

JUST

Kislev would also have a completely different roster than the Empire if they were ever to become a faction.

Oh nooooo.

Why did you release the captives bro?

I've literally used it in multiplayer for short periods and it is adequate there. You just need to know the speed of each unit.

That's the thing though. They're only well known through exposure to games like this.

gendarmes, janissaries, varangians, boyars, paladins, huskarls, hypaspists, fucking yari ashigaru. The fuck is a yari ashigaru?

The glance is all you need.
>What the fuck is this name, it looks kinda like a sterotypical roman legionary.
>Oh it has those stats, that's how it functions.
>Oh the name means YARI ASHIGARU

You have no idea what the fuck these names mean, until you take a second or two glance at them. And then you do know what they mean.
And you can find out additional details later if you want.

I knew vaguely what a hoplite was, but I had no idea what a hoplon was for a lot longer.

I'll agree that making sure every unit is named in latin or something is an autistic as fuck endeavor by the developers, and the audience who prefer it that way.
But it in no way truly subtracts from the player who doesn't care's experience.

I DIDN'T RELEASE SHIT

one user suggested dropping tax rates to the minimum just before hitting realm divide for a growth bonus which I was too far into to do w/o crippling my econ

The main tip was to specialize a few provinces that have high income builidings like gold mines and only build the higher level markets there so that together w/ a metsuke you can make some serious money

That could be remedied by splitting Kislev into a few different sub-factions.

Player controlled Kislev starts with a single settlement, Kislev, in the Southern Oblast. The rest can be controlled by rebels or steppe tribes or whatever.

Did just the general defect or the whole army?

>CA """""""""fixed""""""""""" that a few patches back

Guess it came back oops thanks for $ though. See ya in May when we release TWW2 for the low low price of $120.

They could always pull a Helman Ghorst or Alberic of Bordeleaux and create a LL out the Elector of Nordland, Hochland, Ostermark or Ostland.

Like the Count of Ostermark:
>"Although not technically part of the Alderfen garrison, Count Hertwig was on a tour of inspection when the breach occurred. He thus took command of the battle, until his death at the hands of Festak Krann. Ordinarily Count Hertwig would have fought from the saddle of his war griffon, Bloodfeather, but the beast had succumbed to plague two days earlier."

Or Count Valmir von Raukov of Ostland:
>"Like his father before him, he has spent a lifetime fighting against Chaos warbands, raiding Norses, and marauding Orcs, not to mention the occasional forays of bandits from Kislev. Even his own realm is not wholly safe, for the forests and mountains are full of renegades, Beastmen, Trolls, Giants and countless other foes. Valmir von Raukov is a tough warlord whose constant vigil has protected the northern borders of the Empire for many years."
>"Armed with his legendary Runefang and famous Dragonbow he has kept all his enemies in check. He was married to Ivana, and had two sons; Oleg von Raukov and Vassily von Raukov. However, both Ivana and Oleg died during a Chaos incursion in 2515 IC at the hands of Lord Mortkin."

CA said the next historical game they are working on is from a time period they havent done yet

what is it? MUH WW2

Fingers crossed for Victoria.

How the fuck would WW2 work in Total War? They would have to redo the entire gameplay to suit squad-based infantry tactics.

Averland is probably the best alternate start if it included a fleshed out Marius.

>right next to Vampires
>right there next to Black Fire Pass

Now tack on giving Marius a turn-choice gimmick like the Beastmen, or Grombrindal that plays off him being a mad cunt. Mite b cool.

Better than Borings Toddboring or other literal whos.

>implying Legions worked properly in rome 1 & 2

>JUST

more like UNJUST

>open diplomacy window with Averland
>Marius calls your wife a stinking fat pig
>play as Averland
>Marius gives commanded force a +10% bonus against fish people and bees

thats a good thing, arent you tired of the same gameplay just with different models

God bless the wiki! I found a good candidate for an alternate Empire start and LL.

Ostland start with Oleg von Raukov LL.
>Oleg von Raukov was the fearsome Prince of Ostland and the heir apparent of Valmir von Raukov, the Elector Count of Ostland
>He has shown much of his father's own personality, such as his father's love for battle and his unbelievable hatred of all the northern raiders of Norsca.
>Oleg had perhaps exceeded his father in that regard, having destroyed many settlements along the Norscan coast as well; among them were the coastal Norse towns of Aarvik and Ulfennik.
>It was during this battle that Oleg von Raukov and his personal regiment of Master Swordsmens known as the Crimson Curs fought against Mortkin and his elite Fel Legion in combat.
>Thrice did Oleg strike Mortkin with his magic blade, a gift of great power from the Ice Queen herself.

Warrior LL who specializes in fighting Chaos, hates Norscans, has a sword gifted to him by the Queen of Kislev and has a unique regiment of Master Swordsmen. Maybe he could have some attrition resistance so he can raid Norsca.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCTiS9P2u6Y

>thats a good thing

No its not, I can just go play company of heroes or some shit

If I want to play a proper WW2 RTS I fire up Company of Heroes or Men of War and not fucking TW.

who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let embarked armies assault settlements

jesus fucking christ

what is vikings
what is pirates
what is wako siege

those were all small groups of raiders, not armies

>fought against Mortkin and his elite Fel Legion
>"elite" legion of smelly northern barbars

Larger scale company of heroes or even World in Conflict

>On the Grand Campaign map single stacks organized at the Regimental level, stacks of 20 = ~1,000 - 2,000 troops.
>Regiments can form Divisions (4 regiments) on the GC that a General can be slotted into like a Governor
>On the battle map individual infantry units operate on at the platoon level (~50 men), tanks are a single model unit, and towed artillery come in 3s
>On the GC you can build airfields and long range static artillery that can be called in on the battle map but only if within range
>Battle maps themselves will have to be larger, a cover system would need to be developed and every battle map would have objectives similar to siege capture points.
>Objective markers give maps more direction and justify the existence of platoon based elements

It's very much doable. But it's never ever ever ever going to happen. CA's engine sucks and they can't make games that don't revolve around formations.

>554
what is siege of paris

A bunch of opportunistic cowards running away when the going gets tough.

>retreating when confronted with a way superior force.

That is pretty normal though.

Champions, Standard Bearers and Musicians fucking when RRREEEEEE

Exactly 4 years from now

So you are going to have 50 men smg squads in tight formations running around and fighting?

The stuff you posted doesn't seem like a Total War game. You mostly talk about the GC too.

Never EVER

Noo!

Total War: Warhammer's final entry in the trilogy will kind of bridge the gap between Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar. Sigmarines will be a playable faction.

It won't though.

That doesn't make much sense. They they would have to bring in all the other factions.

DIZ IZ WHERE WE HOLD 'EM

DIZ IZ WHERE WE FOIGHT

DIZ IZ WHERE DEY DIE

'EMEMBER DIZ DAY GITS

FO' IT WILL BE YOUZ FOR ALL TIME

SPIKY GITZ

COME AN' GET US

Nigger you dead. Lmao at your life and Greenskins units in general, unless you're playing as the true lord of Eight Peaks and use Goblins.

Godspeed, Grimgor.

Come here and witness my unfinished autism.

docs.google.com/document/d/1WyJyIwNEitkGcQttLjSTI4A9nrhZ2LV5kOtw-hG1IKw/edit?usp=sharing

No, they are doing storm of chaos not end times, I was there in the orignial /tg launch thread

WAAAGH