EVE Online general /eog/

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No
>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
I guess so

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>It's a mystery

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/59170026/
evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Brothers_of_Tangra/corporations
evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/HIgh_Sec_Care_Bears
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck anime

>Amarr

>Cuckdari

First for mining.

>condi
>blue

Jesus christ.

>comfily ratting for an hour or so after getting to PI space
>make 40 mil after putting 110 into a VNI

>Intel suddenly says something
>As I click over to the blink, there is a tengu on grid
>scrammed
>"spike" on Intel
>40 t3cs all warp to the tengu and beat my ass

O-okay? I am a little salty over that loss, but whatever... D-scan showed no probes so looks like I got shotgunned...
Feelsbadman.

>unsafe ratting systems
Need a better corp, brah

It's PH, I just joined cus I assumed they might keep their ratting safe while trying to fight this meme war.
Turns out not so much.

>those names

>Pupper Appreciation Station is dead
Finally, /eog/ has been rid of dog avatarposters.
Now it's time for will smith avatarposters to get the boot

>avatarposters

>Ratting in null
>Surprised when ganked

>D-scan showed no probes
was scanned down two times like this in my imicus in wh

HOW did they scan me? I checked every 10-20 seconds on D scan and never saw any probes?!

I bookmarked some place in the middle of nowhere...

>I assumed they might keep their ratting safe
In what world would the masters care about the safety of their indentured slave workers during a war?

zkillboard.com/kill/59170026/

there are many problems of not knowing how games works as opposed to the area being too hot

they wouldn't probe you, its faster to binary search dscan while in warp to a random forsaken hub

dont use 5 DDA

use your mids and extra low for drone tracking, drone speed

don't rely on intel, look at local

if neutral in local, go to citadel

use ontopreplica to put a corner of your screen including local in a window thats always on top so you can do other shit

>Ratting in null
>Surprised when ganked in ratting system by 40+ TC3s with no Intel report

Am I being unreasonable?

If they use d scan to find out where you are before dropping probes they can scan you in a few seconds. 10-20 seconds isn't enough, you need to be pressing d scan all the time.

If you have a rough idea where someone is based on d-scan you can probe them in one go with good skills.

>every 10-20 seconds
There's your answer user. You need to be scanning at least once within the period of a single max skill probe down. Maybe if you learned how to hunt you'd learn how to survive being hunted.

also
>no cloak in a wh
you're literally blaring out your presence to all the cloaky proteii

Was about to join them, too, but not liking how hot their pve systems seem to be. Just want to nullbear in peace ;_;

They appeared in local maybe 8 seconds before the Tengu landed on grid, and we had neuts in and out harrassing the miners for hours.

I was running 5 DDAs because I had an extra slot, I understand it is a shitfit, but hey, I was ratting.

The time I had to recognise the threat without any warning was not enough to react.
I got extra unlucky that I was literally the first site, that the first tengu, happened to warp to.

Just thought I would share my shit luck and maybe make another user feel a bit better.

>Carebear
>Nullspace

You're a moron

I know the feel user.

>implying 99% of nullsec is not carebearing

Bud, a couple of shitfit losses in shitter corps doesn't make null some sort of "elleeet PeeVP" area.
Just look at Russian null, deep in there is literally impregnable.

right, people can guess forsaken hubs correctly much easier now that subcaps can't afk rat in the bigger ones

there is diminishing returns on the DDA (and all module stacking), you're better off using one of those tracking/optimal lows instead of a 5th

until you git gud, myrmidons are a much less expensive learning tool (pays for themselves in ~1hr with insurance)

ive never been in their space but try finding a quieter system, sort the in game map by statistics -> jumps and see where no one goes so you have to dock less

it is not a good idea to rat in a VNI in a system where neutrals come so often that you get habituated to their presence and keep ratting

nullsec is majority carebearing

player density is so sparse that you can go 10hrs without seeing a hostile in half of the null systems

The feelsbadman thing is I am not a rookie, and have been playing a few years, I guess I just got too relaxed in assuming intel channels work as they are supposed to.
Good advice on the myrm, however I am not in a position where a VNI is a big loss desu, and the DDA was simply because due to the market seeding it was that or an empty slot.

Dronelands are quiet and good for nullbears.

The issue with there was finding a corp who didn't intend to get heavily involved in the winter war.

The big problem with any null corp is now the Imperium could potentially come back and punish everyone who stabbed them in the back/front last time, or they (Goons mostly) could be wiped off the face of New Eden.

So finding a neutral corp who wasn't involved in WWB, and also isn't now aligned to an alliance who was, but who also has nice ratting space which is unlikely to move/change is near impossible.

The Eve economy is gonna get fucked by this war, one way or another.

Going to cloak up in dronelands and demand they accept me or I'll afk and use my presence to demoralize the ratters in bling fits

>Jump in system
>Game Crashes
>Log back in to this
Nullbear shitters, not even once
I still got to their home systems, called them shitters and flew back to cozy wh space

>ratting in null
>doesn't have intel channel opened
it's like you wanted that to happen

The problem with these "quiet systems" is that it would only work until more people start ratting in them. If it's a known system with a lot of nullbears (like GME) people will come there for easy kills.

Anyone use the logi frigates here? How are they?

I have used them. they have very gimpy stats, unlike all other logi ships in the game. their agility is especially terrible, it's like flying a cruiser

Well, shit. I was thinking maybe they'd be valuable in a C13.

>trying to rat while everyone is on deployment

possibly, I don't know shit about pve. the t2s go well enough with cancerous t3ds in some kind of aidsy afterburner ball

>a corp who didn't intend to get heavily involved in the winter war.
Renters don't care about this shit. Join any corp in BoT. Or there is InPanic in Cobalt Edge, some german autists.

What channel is this?

Dronelands trade channel.

Are there any fringe art communities in EVE? I'd like to be able to trade art for PLEX.

>вoмзoжнocти
>posibilities

>too shy to join a corp
>forced to roam alone in Black Rise in the hopes that someone will recruit me
>tfw you will never know what the cosy renter life is like

>I just wanted all the upsides of null without any of the risk :^)

Newbie to EVE here. I'm mining in 0.7 space with a nice Venture with shield tank, but I don't know what to do besides this. I'm just shuttling kernite back and forth for about 750,000 ISK each trip. Should I head into lower security space? I'm scared to go alone. Is it worth it?

Fuck anime.

Why is every other carrier thats not the thanatos shit?

Everyone is using the thanatos for its fighter damage bonus and fighter hit point bonus. The other carriers don't even come close to how good this thing is.

Archon can tank but thats all it can do, the chimera does piss damage and is worse than the archon. Nid is 2nd of all 4 but it gets no fighter hitpoint bonus so they're super easy to kill and the speed bonus doesn't help in anything but traveling distances

The thanny can be fit for armor or shield tank and get all the bells and whistles too

Player name?

I love anime.

Join some null sec corp, preferably a bigger one, join mining OPs, mine with bonuses. Get bored of mining, join them in PvP.

Is that your OC user?

There's a lot of english-speaking corps in dronelands. That place isn't like rus-only.

evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Brothers_of_Tangra/corporations

evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/HIgh_Sec_Care_Bears

Yes, it's based on AC4's GA Industries

Tanukihat Omanid

time to fall for the exploration meme

But I can't AFK during exploration and play other, better games on my second monitor. That's why I like mining. It's free money and I don't even have to look at the screen with my drones out.

Decent afk money comes after getting a mining barge since you can make 20m/h.

>Doing some exploration
>Hop into nullsec from random wormhole
>Russian space
>Check out the area
>Residents keep calling me out in local, warning their friends of my presence
>Afk cloaked up and do some other stuff
>Come back after 2 hours
>Russians sperging in local about me staying there
>Cucks are convoing me, dunno what the fuck they are saying
>Reply only with pic related
>They start camping both outgates
>Afk at safe for the rest of the day

Should I make this a habit? Fucking with these guys is pretty enjoyable.

Your art is really good, would you mind posting more? I am sure you could find a way to make money ingame with your skills. I knew a guy who would do poetry for isk but that obviously takes less time than what you do.

I would suggest finding a way to advertise yourself. Maybe commission art for some rich people, or do some sketches for people in Jita, that sorta thing.

What's your IGN? I might be interested in being your first customer

>20m/h
>decent
What did he mean by this?

What you are doing is cloaky camping and it gives people ulcers because people do it in stealth bombers, with cynos.
Then they sit in a system for 5 days until someone gets tired and goes out to run sites at which point they drop carriers on him.

Hey that sounds pretty decent to me and my Venture

Should have saved the chat logs.

>20m/h
>decent
a ratting VNI makes 60m/h

>It's free money

That is why I mind my minerals instead of buying them when I do manufacturing. If I mine them myself I get 100% of the profits. /s

Mining is okay money when you are new but it doesn't scale very well and you are going to be skilling into stuff that you can't really use anywhere else. Look into ratting if you want semi afk iskies but with higher isk/h and less autism.

Needs more than 5-7 days of training and ratters are more prone to ganks than miners as far as I've seen.

If you give me yours I'll add you, not too big a fan of linking my irl stuff to eve through Veeky Forums

>20m/h in a barge
Explain. My retriever pulls 3.7m per full haul and you won't mine 5.4 full retrievers per hour.
Procurer mines less and covetor too unless it has a dedicated hauler.

>ratters are more prone to ganks
if you get caught in a VNI you're bad and you deserved to die

>Falling for the mining meme

I used to mine and play League or other games while I was doing it. Ended up quitting after a couple months because it just isn't fun. You can find a better game to grind in if that is your thing.

Message Emily Madus ingame and we can talk?

>I used to mine and play League

Boosted mining fleets in nullsec. There's at least one 24/7 around here

>you shouldnt be caught when you're checking your ship once every 20 minutes

It helps with the economy and otherwise I'd have the ship docked but yeah, it isnt fun.

>>you shouldnt be caught when you're checking your ship once every 20 minutes
Its simple, keep local open and look over to it everyonce and a while faggot

>unironically League of Legends

>warp to data site in my fairly expensive covops
>huh, only 4 cans
>mfw I realise it's a ghost site

Did you realize before or after the rats showed up?

I knew something was up when the loot wasn't absolute garbage

bailed after the second can, rats appeared a couple of seconds later and made pretty explosions

how to recognize if its a ghost site or no?

it says Covert Research facility or Ghost site or what ever

it says covert research in the name. my name field is pretty narrow and I wasn't really looking

how do I fit a Nemesis for lots of fun

Tell them you'll leave only if they pay you.

sent

I fail to see how ratting is semi-afk

Do the sleepers that appear in ore sites despawn?

When you warp to it there's no image on the message you get
Also the name

am I cute

No.

>first time in pvp
>oh boy this gonna be fun
>jump in the system
>2.5 k people inside
>time is dilated to 10% because apparently ccp servers cant handle they own fucking game

So much fun

kys nullbabby

This actually sounds like a good plan, report back on success.

Im a newbro you retards, ive been playing for 2 weeks and that was my first pvp experience, i really tought massive battles were poasible in this game, looks like i am wrong

At least they dilate time without just letting people laghop all over the place. Go play PVP in Dark Souls to see a really shitty server optimization.

>i really tought massive battles were poasible in this game, looks like i am wrong

Because of TiDi?

Retard

They are possible, just not without time dilation.

>3mack30rorq instead of 3rorq30mack

When minors roll miner.

you don't know what you're talking about

Rorq are superior