/elyg/ - Elysium General

RIP IN PIECE EDITION

>What is this?
This is the Elysium general, previously Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla World of Warcraft.

>Recent news
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45489
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/32701-our-official-response-to-nostalrius-—-elysium-will-prevail/

>Guilds:
NOST PVP/PVE aka OLD
dead
ELYSIUM PVP aka FRESH
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:
Horde guild:
ZETH'KUR we are playing here!
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Addons
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
shagu.org/pfUI/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5nyv31/nostalrius_cannot_ask_you_to_stop_using_gpl/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My fucking sides

FPBP

They weren't using the core to begin with retards. This explains everything.

Nostalrius and Elysium made their announcements. Then suddenly after over a year of Blizzard ghosting nostalrius despite Nostalrius working on battle.net integration out of their own pockets Blizzbulls contacted them again telling them to shut that shit down and not to release their source code to anyone.

So a few days later Nost tells elysium they won't be giving them shit. Not the code for the server and especially not the anti-cheat. Elysium figures their core is close enough to nost to get away with ""tricking"" people since most people never played vanilla on private servers let alone paid enough attention to notice the differences in bugs since there were a lot on Nostalrius as well.

So Elysium devs lie to get as many donations as possible before Nost finally admits that they won't be giving anyone shit because their overlords at Blizzard are still dangling jobs in front of them and baiting them into fucking over the very people that threw money at their project in the first place.

Now with Elysium stabling out and things calming down Nostalrius realised people would be asking questions about when the rest of the "community" is going to have access to the core, so they decided to rip the band-aid off today.

We were literally baited into playing Valkyrie. I can not fucking believe we left Kronos for this shit. What a fucking joke.

Where are >we rolling?

Fresh or FreshFresh?

1st for on Zethcuck

hahahaha

The next threads OP Image has been found!

fresh or freshfresh for friendly, sexually frustrated alliance guild?

I feel bad for anyone who rolled a Hunter or Warlock. Hope you enjoy that stock mangos pet pathing.

Losing the nost core is going to fuck you up.

So Fresh and Freshfresh are unaffected by this yes?

RIP my 60 dwarf rogue though

literally nothing is happening.

devs just confirmed on discord that charaters who TRASNFERRED from nostalrius are NOT being wiped.

Those who didin't transfer are being wiped.

tldr; everything is fine.

>So Elysium devs lie to get as many donations as possible before Nost finally admits that they won't be giving anyone shit because their overlords at Blizzard are still dangling jobs in front of them and baiting them into fucking over the very people that threw money at their project in the first place.

Except this didn't happen. Even Nost admitted they gave their shit to Elysium

the first time I save a picture with actual shit on it to my PC

>Elysium created new servers under their own name anticipating repercussions for collaborating with Nostalrius
>Characters created on Fresh and FreshFresh are safe because they use 0 nost data
>Wont be able to raid anything but MC for over half a year
>At least we get to raid
>START RE-ROLLING ON FRESH/FRESHFRESH

NOSTALRIUS FALLS
ELYSIUM PREVAILS

From the other thread, but really, when will it happen, you know they will try it.
Or maybe a CnD like Blizz did to them?

freshfresh m8

No one gives a shit about characters. It's about core.

kek

>Nost lied about Elysium using their core

nice

Why the fuck did Nostalrius even post that.

What the fuck did they try to accomplish?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess now we know the true reason why Nano left the dev team.

Does this mean I can continue playing on Elysium?

*steals your core*

I like that even prior to the shitting it appears to have been used as a cum rag

Trying to get jobs at Blizzard still.

So what is the Veeky Forums presence on fresh vs freshfresh?

This is the best example of videogame cucks.

Nost - You guys can have our database no problem we just want to sit back and watch.

Nost - Hey wow you are going a bit to hard, I didn't think you got that big! My community can't take queues that long!

Nost - STOP YOU ARE HURTING HER! MY CORE WAS NEVER MEANT FOR SUCH A BIG PLAYER BASE!

Elysium - you can have your core back when I am done with her, but we are keeping your community you betacuck.

Community - FUCK off Nost can't you see Elysium is stronger and more of a man than you will ever be! At least he stands up for us against Blizzard bullies.

>sit through 5k queue
>finally get in
>SERVER SHUTDOWN IN 38 MINUTES
FUCK OFFFFFF

REEE

really makes you think...

>alex isn't awake yet

What do you think his reaction will be?

your dwarf rogue is fine.

Unless you didin't transfer.

Characters who transferred are gonna be fine.

come to freshfresh you cuck

Most are on fresh.
Mandate of Heaven has 310 members, I think horde has about as many split between them.
About 50-100 total both sides on freshfresh? Not certain though.

Relevant, pottery.

sorry just got back, but what the hell? why? sold out to blizzard, but what does that even mean? do you think theyre being paid? i cant see why theyd do it for any other reason

seriously, this doesnt come down to philosophy. just what the hell is actually going on?

next thread we should at least put /nosg/ in the OP so all of those who are unaware of recent happenings can find their way here

FAGS, PAY ATTENTION - A LOT OF YOU MISREAD THE ANNOUNCEMENT

[12:23 PM] Kanx: Ladies and gentlemen, if your characters have been successfully transferred over and you can see them on elysium realms then they are safe.

ELYSIUM IS KEEPING NOST CHARACTERS ON THE RENAMED NOST SERVERS - IE NOST BTFO

>36min til shutdown
its been a fun ride guys

>Even Reddit calling them a bunch of French flag waving retards

ayy lmao

Anybody got any posts from that retard on the Battle net forum who writes essays every day about how private servers are illegal?

I agree with nostalrius, bros
We need them blizzard server, bros
I need twitch bucks, bros

Answer me Domon!

To be fair, "pls stop running your server" worked against them.

There really isn't that many of us on fresh-fresh

Small cozy community

> It's a bit of a shame you guys
> but...
> at least you know guys, we have Elysium, right?
> So I think, like back in the day
> What's your guyses opinions?

Some sort of unintelligible bullshit.

13k posts and still can't be assed to use decent grammar.

>nost says they are going to release source code
>FUCKING THIEVES KILL YOURSELVES YOU FUCKING STEALING FUCKS REEEE GIVE BLIZZARD MONEY
>nost says they won't release their source code
>heh... fucking told you guys they were scumbag fucks I knew it all along

there really is no winning with blizzdrones is there

AV is suffering.

His geniue reaction?
>I don't understand any of this, lets see what the other youtubers say and repeat what they think.

Guessing Blizzard's lawyers told them to say all this shit.

Nost could theoretically be sued for secondary or contributory liability, after Blizz gave them a cease and desist they knowingly gave all their code and shit to help Elysium break the law.

This is their "out" so nobody gets sued

THIS IS NOT FAIR, NOSTBROS...

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BULLS, NOT THE KEKS!!!!!

whatever pleases the most amount of people
alex is literally just a waverider

Why is Elysium shutting down?
How long will it be offline?

TODAY
WE ARE CANCELLING THE SHUTDOWN

asfdgkalkrhga

I thought this was some new race of creature in world of warcraft for a second.

>SERVER SHUTDOWN CANCELLED, HAVE A NICE DAY
ELYSIUMBULLS WIN ONCE AGAIN

Have a nice day!

nost btfo

Why is her meat cleaver so bloody /elyg/??

Hey bros, I respect their decision for all the work they have done, I think we all agree with their ideas, we all want official legacy servers at blizzard quality bros

>rank literally has the word clique in it
lol how cucked can you be in a guild like this

>[SERVER] Shutdown cancelled

this

this deserves a (You)

To the anons who were arguing about Warlocks and Voidwalker: Why shouldn't I use Improved voidwalker? I'm losing aggro if I get lucky wand crits with 3/3 Improved, is it not a nightmare without the talent? Wasting mana on using fear all the time can't be good

YOU CAN'T GET SUED FOR THE FUCKING CODE.

Why do you people not understand that? You can't be fucking sued for operating a private server.

You can only be sued if you're making money off of it.

[SERVER] Shutdown cancelled

IT'S LIKE POETRY, IT RHYMES

NOST BTFO, ELYSIUM LIVES

I haven't keked this hard in a long time, friend

Thank you for soothing these old bones

based Reknado getting downvoted to heck and beyond

Nostalrius = cucks

>[SERVER] Shutdown cancelled

are you going afflic? when you get dark pact at 40 you drain mana from a phase shifted imp and drain tank mobs down, your downtime plummets because you get all your health from mobs and mana from a battery

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5nyv31/nostalrius_cannot_ask_you_to_stop_using_gpl/

NOSTALRIUS KEKED BY REDDIT.

YOU CAN'T MAKE SOMEBODY STOP USING MANGOS CODE YOU GAVE THEM

AHAHAHA

>Shutdown cancelled
>Have a nice day! :-)

SOYUZ NERUSHIMY RESPUBLIK SVOBODNYKH
SPLOTILA NAVEKI VELIKAYA RUS’!
DA ZDRAVSTVUYET SOZDANNY VOLEY NARODOV
YEDINY, MOGUCHY SOVETSKY SOYUZ!

All that Chinese cartel sponsoring coming back to bite them in the ass then.

>the absolute state of Steadman

How threatened can you be from a bunch of dogs lmao

>i understand all laws from all countries
>im also well aware of all the intimidations and negotiations between blizzard, nostalrius and elysium
no

This so much
>mfw I'll always be on nost side
>mfw Im the cuck of a cuck

ALLIANCEBULLS KEEP TAKING DARROW HILL
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR HORDEBROS

was that shutdown cancel a metaphor?

It's Pottu trolling.

whos coming with me brahs?

PLEASE somebody post some pictures of that uber blizzdrone dude with like 30k posts

I refuse to believe there are people out there that are this fucking idiotic

What happened:

>blizz: haha we were going to hire you faggots to work on legacy, we were just finalizing all the shit internally and this is what you go and do?
>nost: oh shit sorry sorry pls hire we take it down now hey elysium pls take it down it's morally wrong
>elysium: nah

And now I bet nost is going to royally fuck elysium for not taking it down. The nost devs are smart enough to implement a ton of backdoors for them to use and fuck the servers in any way they see fit.

I'm going Afflic but I've been following a bunch of guides that suggest putting points in drain soul then move over to Demo until I max Improved voidwalker and then continue in Afflic. I'm only level 30 at the moment

>POST YFW SERVER SHUTDOWN CANCELED

>blizzcucks

I want to install chink fonts on my english client, how can I do that?

he's right though, i would say no to blizzard legacy servers, i would stay with daddy elysium.

don't fall for the improved Drain Soul meme you fucking retard

go demo until soul link if you're on a pvp realm

if you're pve go dark pact

Will Nost still the beans behind what really happened since they're basically judas now?

>Frenchcucks fucking with Slavs

Ain't gonna happen.