halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>Fan Projects
Info on Project Cartographer:
h2v.online

Info on SPV3:
dsogaming.com/news/halo-custom-edition-spv3-total-overhaul-halo-pc-now-available/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXg_tLeuzUE
youtube.com/watch?v=MKyHasypBZA
youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg&list=PLpUOTEhhRUbD95Nuf8W8TKAcNkeaxTWXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

local units

OD-OD-ODS-HEL-O-OD-ODST-HE-OD-HELLJUMPERS, STANDING DOWN.

all units

BRINGING THE PAIN

MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

Hornets in the air!

>all units
>local units
>all units
>local units

Ram'em!

Worthogs?

WOOLVERINE GOOD TO GO!

SUPPLY PAD UPGRADED
SUPPLY PAD UPGRADED
SUPPLY PAD UPGRADED
SUPPLY PAD UPGRADED
SUPPLY PAD UPGRADED

So what's happening with forge?

What happened?

>somebody kept my pic
Man, I must have made that like over a year ago

I think he meant John Forge, the MC from HW1.

"FORGE IS DOWN" is a common thing you hear on higher difficulties.

They were chasing the T rating.
Also, all that extra blood in halo 1 could test the FPS quite a bit at times.

Halo 3 was already running at sub HD textures, so having be any jumpier would look pretty ugly, especially with the reduced FOV.

Art-style wise, it is definitely too colorful though. I like that Reach scaled that back a bit (although I wish it didnt have to look so grainy)

FORGE IS BACK UP

Forge is down

FORGE IS DOWN

"CANISTER!!!"

Scarab Deployed

Mac Blast Improved

>tfw we will never see a completed super scarab

those models with the burst chests didn't even make it into the final game, apart from in one cutscene of Halo 1 where you can't even see the thing properly

FOR THE COVENANT

literally who cares
Ensemble studios were worse handlers of the Halo lore than Brian Reed

So Halo Wars 2 worth it? I just upgraded to 10

tfw we finally get to ram'em in a scout hog

Now all I want is to have a few games where there are 4 warthogs driving around in WZFF, eventually upgrading to Gauss.

It's not even out yet so nobody knows. The beta starts on the 20th I think.

Let me be clear, I really appreciate many of the improvemwnts made by 3 on the camoaign front, namely a lack of asset reuse and a multitude of vehicles besides just the hog/ghost/shee.
But the viceral recession in blood/gore can not be understated. 3 simoly has a much more vibrant and colorful tone to it and the lack of blood detracts feom Halo's roots of being a more "mature" shooter.

Its not really a big deal, its all cosmetic. But it cant be understated.

Not gonna lie. Im much much excited to play Halo Wars Defonitive Edition on PC finally than I am to play Halo Wars 2 at all.

Am I alone on this?
Anyone else feel the same?

Fuck off, gore and blood has never been a crucial aspect in Halo. Go back to /gowg/

youtube.com/watch?v=RXg_tLeuzUE

K

I agree with you on that actually.
Halo CE had huge amounts of blood, especially the Elites and Jackals, and that made it fun.
I remember when I was young playing Halo CE for the first time and a game in itself would be to try to paint all the walls and floors with purple blood, so fun
Can't do that now, especially since Halo 3 introduced the blood fading effect

you're objectively wrong.
Not only has gore and blood been in Halo since the beginning, the series has suffered as a result of its removal.
If you can't handle gore, then maybe you should fuck off to /mcg/

I feel like permanent blood gets harder to do as you add more detail to the games. Probably strains the engine.

>The series has suffered as a result of its removal

Holy fuck you are actually an edgy cunt

Just because blood isn't neon bright and colorful, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yeah just so you know, im the person you responded , but that guy there wasnt me.
He sounds a bit mad.

So what is the difference between HW2 DE and UE? Also are there physical editions for PC cause I can't find any.

Without the blood the game just isn't as realistic
It's a shame Halo hasn't had any real horror elements to it since CE either, there is great potential with the Flood to make some truly terrifying stuff but instead we get glowing cartoon robots and gormless fake-looking aliens

Spoiler that shit you sick fuck, what are you gonna do post isis videos

I should point out that the prometheans bleed quite a bit of sunny D

Bro, its not that big of a deal.
Im with you on lobing the amount of blood in CE, and I agree theres been a lot less since.
But it doesnt ruin the game.

>lobing
Loving*

>Since the horror element was removed the game there haven't been any horror elements

IMAJUN MAI SHAWCK

yeah but cmon man thats no 343 guilty spark

The blood in CE was used not only for deaths but also as a marker, when you saw human blood on the ground you knew a health pack was near so it acted as like a lure for the player, whereas pre-placed covenant blood either reassured you that help was nearby or, later in the game, subverted that by implying the Flood was present, and Flood blood trickling down from the ceiling told you you were in for a sp00ky scare

>using idle humor to disguise intense and irrational fear of video games rated above T

I ahree with eveything you said, I just dont think its that big of a deal

>you're not an autist who gives more than five million shits about sprites of blood in a video game to the point you think that games are bad because they aren't ultra mature for mature gamers
>"HAHAHA THAT MEANS YOU'RE SCARED OF BLOOD XD"

>tfw shot elite bodies for half an hour seeing how dark I could get the splatter to be

>using overt humor to desperately hide intense, irrational and humiliating fear of gore in video games that has made game nights with friends a constant neurotic strain hoping they don't pick a game thats too scary from the M rated pile

Keep the projecting to the movie theatre mate

You too? That was always fun

I used to do it until the frame rate slowed down to single digits.
At the time i didnt even know what FPS was

Wonder if it's some sort of battery acid

>mfw the Halo Warfleet book is basically a Halo version of the Star Wars: Incredible Cross Sections
>mfw its being done by the same artist
>mfw the halycon-class cruiser on the front cover is the classic design and not the butchered reach-era one

Anyone want to play some arena/slayer/doubles/skirmish? Im on right now

No.

This really is the worst general for a multiplayer game isnt it? I wish the mlg forums were still going

>Custom Game Browser
Just tried it out today (been busy w/ snipers). Holy fuck, this is awesome. Castle Wars, and octagon games always available. No need to have 50+ friends online playing Halo anymore. Me and this Kontra K fan were wrecking everybody in the octagon w/ sniper rifles.

I love Megumin so much...are you glad season 2 is here?

very excited for best boy vanir

I'd play but I'm away from home for the weekend

you lads better let me in on this or i'm kicking the chair

Alright fuccbois, it sounds like we just memed our way into a clan battle.
It's a 4v4. Whoever isn't shit, say if you wanna play.
I'm looking at you, Gecko.

>party chat rn
Tooh whar

>Do a couple games of Mythic WZFF
>Seeing people who are around level 10 in my games dying 12+ times
>Gungooses
>People ramming Knights with a ghost
>People that mindlessly rush the boss instead of just farming mobs for better reqs
>Seeing people fight round 4-5 bosses with ARs

Jesus fucking christ, why didn't they put a level restriction on this shit? Send these kids to heroic before they think about joining mythic and expect a fucking carry.

>gungoose
>bad
infinite grenades bruh

Nothing, Halo was never gritty, Halo was always bright vibrant and colorful with the only exceptions being ODST and Reach which do to desaturated color palette and film grain filter looked washed out. Halo 2 vista/classic also have this problem because the game is missing the Xbox's lighting and graphic system. Halo was always looked like a cartoon since the first game I'm glad 343 brought Halo's vibrant look back with Halo 4 and 5 but I hope they bring the blood back as well.

*due

*has

I forgot to add that they weren't using the backseat and even then; sitting back with a ghost is way more useful than having to sit still to spam nades that don't do shit in later rounds.

How many leaders are there for Wars 2?

there are 6 so far, 3 UNSC (Cutter, Isabel, Anders) and 3 Banished (Atriox, Decimus, Let 'Volir)
more are apparently to come

so these are the jokers that want to face us? prepare yourselfs we are gathering our highest leaders as soon as they get on well do this

>play h2a for the first time
>the grenade jump area has a texture over it
What the hell

>the grenade jump area
nani?

>tfw weak link

>positive 5 with 7 assists is weak

we did it reddit

Surprised droid wasnt chosen

I opted out. My controller is broken and I thought they MIGHT have been a threat.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKyHasypBZA

>tfw 4 more cliffhangers

>tfw raid training

Been playing the master chief collection, and can I say that the new cutscenes kind of take away from the experience? Can't pinpoint it but it definitely makes some of the sequences a little less effective.

I'm going to make a History Of /HG/ video for youtube, please submit game clips that are as memey as possible for background footy.

hopefully one day we can match the SKILL of Nano-Legion.

>no raid training
gay desu

youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg&list=PLpUOTEhhRUbD95Nuf8W8TKAcNkeaxTWXk

Delet this

>CQB finally coming to Halo 5
>sold my Xbox One a couple years ago when Halo 5 just wasn't looking promising

>couple years ago
Que?

my sense of time is poor

>Xbox one was released 51 years ago
>Halo 5 was release 300 years ago
Man, and we STILL dont have the helmet