Brand New Corolla LE 2017

Despite people telling me to buy a used car, I financed a new Corolla (because fuck it). It's my first new car, but third car in all.

What do you recommend a new car owner do?

Rustproof it? assuming you live in the north

Great, another cuck that's going to spend all day here justifying his corolla when he could've gotten a V8 rwd car for the same price. And lecture us about how he doesn't need that much power and wants to feel safe.

To kill himself

>V8 RWD
are you referring to a corvette or something else

he's referring to a Mustang or a Camaro, but probably a used one. if OP wants to be a cuck that's fine, his wife will love it but he doesn't need to post about his appliance here

Got it rustproofed. Yep, in Toronto.

Uh, I just had family and friends with great Toyota track records and a Corolla met my budget and needs in all aspects. Is there something wrong with that?

$ 2 0 , 0 0 0
wew
There are cheaper, and much better new econoboxes. Let alone the vast world of possibilities had you bought used/CPO

>Appliance

This needs to be used more often. There's nothing wrong with the Toyota Corolla other than that it has no soul, no heart, and no style.

Chevy SS

No that sounds very sensible. It's just not a car enthusiast's car. The Corolla is about as bland and boring as a car can be.

I support you OP
I love corollas. Excellent car. And the most sold car in the world.
Enjoy it for many years.

And that is why I don't come to this board often. You guys do your thing and I can respect that, but I'm point a to point b, boring type of driver. I just needed a new car to fit my normie life. Ty for the input though.

Thanks!

>The Corolla is about as bland and boring as a car can be.
well the XRS existed at least

how's that car anyways? It's still the Corolla chassis so how does that even work out

I recommend killing yourself. A civic for 3k is better car. 20k could've gotten you a much better used car. Also, why are you posting here? You obviously don't like cars.

Fuck off, asshole.

OP, you made a choice that will be as trouble free as possible, safe, and.have good support.

I have 4 vehicles on the road at this point, the newest being a 93 and have less in all of them than you do yours but were different people doing different things.

If I had to pick one to drive 400 miles, and was given the option to borrow yours, I wouldn't but I'd think about it harder than I should.

There's literally one ass in this thread. You did fine.

Fuck off, cuck.

Be good about oil changes, but not anal. Redline it on an onramp and make it pull when it's warmed up from time to time. Use the e brake. Don't shift at stupid times.

Really financing new you have about 30000 miles of ignoring everything in front of you.

How many cylinders do you own between all your piston engines?

This. Make sure to be good about maintenance even though you can be a bit late on some. Corolla's have been using pretty much what it has had for the past 10 years because of how reliable it has been.

The only thing about Corollas is the fact that it is so common, it is eyed on by thieves so make sure to think about keeping it safe in a garage.

LE is 18k

AUTOTRAGIFAIL NERD BAIT FTW

I can afford pretty much any car on this board but I stick with Toyota econoboxes because 99.99% of humanity just wants to go from A to B in a shiny angry soap bar and not be bothered with angsty teenagers blowing headgaskets by revving their 3k used POS's so hard.

lrn 2 integrate into society

Corolla is a good choice, although I'd say paying a grand or two more is worth it to step up to Camry. $18,500 before tax/tags. The month after I bought there was $500 more factory incentives so technically someone coulda bought a 2017 Camry SE for $18,000 flat, or even lower. Negotiate hard, mass spam e-mail every Toyota dealer in your quarter of the country and bounce them off each other.

>Put a horrid faux-Lexus front end on a Corolla
>leave the rest of the car looking like a 2003 model

Japan what r u doing.

You did fine OP.

Just keep up with routine maintenance as the manual states.

Corollas are incredibly reliable, affordable, and cheap to maintain.

The guys giving you hell are "enthusiasts" which is just a synonym for assholes who think everything is about performance. It's just not fathomable to them that some people just want to get to where they need to go without pretending they are in Fast and the Furious.

>Chevy SS
where the fuck can you buy an SS for under 20K fuckface?

Yeah, he could buy a 7 year old Mustang GT with 75K miles for the same price. You're such a fag. As hard as it is for retards like you to understand, some people just want to drive to work and back. Not pretend that they're Vin fucking Diesel.

Thanks m8

Appreciate it.
For my Mazda, I usually did every 7000-8000 for oil changes, but really didn't check or maintain anything else unless something crapped out on me. Toyota offers one free maintenance check after a month of driving, but what do you recommend I do after that? Do you guys go for checks at least once a month?
- Also, because I do have rustproofing, car washes were recommended for every month (may not be as necessary because the salt on the roads are less and less now, snow is not as frequent). Thoughts?

Nothing worth buying that's for sure

>What do you recommend a new car owner do?
Kill ones self.

Why are everyone so assblasted by the fact that someone buys brand new car? Whats the problem? Its a great A2B car for relatively cheap price

Get fucked cuck

>relatively cheap price
Assblasted is a very extreme word but I find it very difficult to justify buying a new car for $20K when all you want is an A2B car.

Seems better to just add more money to the budget, up to $30K for something cooler or fancier, becuase if all you want is an A2B car, why aren't you just going for a clean used econobox (there are plenty even for salty Toronto) instead of going for the bland compromise?

Even my shitty used Elantra is reliable, never mind finding a decent Corolla or Civic out there.

The cost of a car is relative to the quantity of miles used. A $20k Toyota Corolla that can go 100k miles with minimal maintenance can be a better deal than a $20k BMW 3 series that can go 20k miles before significant maintenance is required.

I'd have just bought a GT86 new instead (if the bumper wasn't hideous) but that's just me.