/lite/ RogueLITE General

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/themoddingofisaac/comments/5mtl0b/how_to_enable_achievements_for_resource_lua_mods/
mega.nz/#!utABDYYL!FhxLMPQFr9GyzEXOhYc3l-IVzC3awZEbkjjYDvsNioo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for keeper a shit

Second for fish can roll

Third for ruining the economy with the 2 of diamonds

>all this time and my idea is still in the pastebin, even though it'll never happen
comfy

How's everyone's achievement progress going?

81%

Also 81% and that's not gonna change.

>use hanged man to get to some red chests that are across some pits
>first one i open brings me to the devil deal
>with 3 red chests
>one of which brings me to the devil deal

98% but I'm almost as far as I'll go unless there is a way to mod cheat for keeper/lost greedier and keeper delirium. I did all their achievements pre AB+ and with all the bullshit now in the game I no longer care or have the patience to reset for hours on end till a winning run with them. Might not do Ultra Hard either. I've plinked away to the womb with base damage a few times and I'm growing tired of it. Oh look another samson's chain pageant boy ultra hard run! Yay. The hard part about the challenge is getting good rng.

>beat mom's heart with a mediocre as fuck build in 29 minutes
>go to blue womb
>broken watch triggers
>get homing & technology 2 from womb treasures
>broken watch literally disables the screen wrapping "wind" bullets
>just stand in the same spot for 4 minutes, holding down the attack button; bullets are harmless and homing laser literally instagibs anything it spawns

I broke it family

>something completely unimportant happened
>BETTER BLOGPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck.
Good thing it's 7-2.

reddit.com/r/themoddingofisaac/comments/5mtl0b/how_to_enable_achievements_for_resource_lua_mods/
i did this to spawn with greeds gullet

Go away shill.

Wtf is with this image, why only half of it loads. MOOOOOT

stuck in fucking ultra hard.
is there a way I can cheat my way out of it?

yes, cheat engine

>Keeper Delirium
Swallowed penny from a first floor pot isn't that rare, from there you just need IV bag and restock and you've got a break going, neither of which is that rare either. He's not that hard to break and frankly you can win without breaking.

Greedier mode isn't that hard for keeper due to all the health drops. As for the Lost, pray for 9 lives, steam sale, or massive damage. I did Greedier for both without breaks, but admittedly my Keeper run was one of the luckiest I've ever been short of that time I triggered a glitch and one shotted Greed's second form. We're talking triple shot sacred heart god head Greed's first form melted so fast he didn't even start his second attack.

Ultra Hard, hold R for library. The library pool is fairly small and Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible wins you the run. From there it's literally just not picking up Bucket of Lard/not getting total crap damage until Mega Satan.

I know these things were way too rare before but this is a little much.

Hold R for Library. If you see a locked door you have like a 1 in 4 chance of winning if you can get a key drop.

I've seen that room with blood banks. I guess it can spawn any donation type item.

I've still only seen like 2 bomb beggars since + but I didn't even know they existed before and I had 1001%.

>Car Battery Crooked Penny in Greed Mode has a 1/4 chance of giving you 3 free copies of everything in the shop, a 1/2 chance of giving you 1 free copy of everything in the shop, but deleting everything for sale, and a 1/4 chance of just deleting everything in the shop
>everything comes back if you use the reroll machine
Please don't nerf

Basically no bullet-related upgrades whatsoever, you just get new guns which mostly suck and stat buffs. This kills the replayability because the vast majority of the guns aren't mechanically any different to begin with. Every run essentially feels like a tears-only run in Isaac.

It's basically the Starbound of dungeon SHMUPs. Had a very good premise but ultimately didn't have a good grasp of how the gameplay should go.

Against my better judgement I tried another Ultra Hard. Probably about to die at the Cathedral. Bullshit items all game 4.08 damage. This challenge is like a greatest hits of the worst of TBoI.

Yep, got telefragged by ghosts 4 times so far in the cathedral gg.

>Hate playing ???
>Never find a way to make him work
>First pickup is The Virus
>Oh goodie I can poison shit while I'm dying neat
>Get Book of Shadows later
>Wew I can put off my demise a tiny bit longer thanks Obama
>Took me 3 floors to remember enemies that die to Virus touch can drop black hearts
>OH FUCK
>Getting 1-3 black hearts every 3 rooms and from every battery

This is why I love this game, sometimes the most random junk shit becomes an enormous boon when put together.
It's annoying that such a dimwitted cuckold was lucky enough to accidentally shit this game out.

Wait a minute, /lite/ is back? How long has it been back?

what a nice start to a new year

Beginning of the year when AB+ came out.

Probably since Antibirth was released.
Then Afterbirth+ kinda happened.

Afterbirth+ resurrected it

IT'S THE

No, this is pretty much /boig/.
Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.

I like afterbirth+ a lot more than antibirth

why? how?

afterbirth+ is a lot more balanced than antibirth in my opinion, although i do realize that antibirth has much much more effort put into it than afterbirth+

also antibirth isn't finished

me too, it sucks that they are gonna add antibirth trash into ab+

Friend gifted me NT after telling him I was sick of BoI, and I kinda fell in love with it but after 40 hours and my first loop I want to try some different music. Whats the most suggested soundtrack mod? please no "insert music from other game"

antibirth has a lot of work put into it, but it's made by people who didn't make the game and don't really fully understand it, both mechanically and thematically.

Does Lost holding the missing poster get an extra life?

The only correct option is the /ntg/ soundmods.
The second one is pretty good, but from what I remember the frozen city theme is weebshit.

DEAD BODY LOOTAN
MUTANT SHOOTAN
VENUS YOUTHIN
ROOTN TOOTN
LUGER TOTIN
RUGER LOADIN
BULLET THROWIN
WAY TOO LONG GRENADE HOLDIN

>find a portal after killing boss with eden
>have a shit build but go in anyway
>have literally never even been to the void yet.
>curse of the fucking unknown
>win

delirium's healthbar practically being random, literally GOING UP as I fight it, is pretty cray cray.

yes

meme triangle posters pls go

HEAVY
BEATS
mega.nz/#!utABDYYL!FhxLMPQFr9GyzEXOhYc3l-IVzC3awZEbkjjYDvsNioo

SEE EM SHOOT EM SKIN EM WEAR EM MOUNT EM ON THE WAAAALL

This desu, but be careful because it has a tendency to make you play like shit. The OST is a little more chill, gives the game a slower pace, but the edm soundmod cranks it to 11 and your heart feels like it's going to pound out your neck if you're not going sanic speed

No

Where are my Gungeon bro at ?

Pretty excited for the scattle music replacement mod

Supply drop when?

Is the Lost Isaac's "stand"?
feels good to be back boys

Gungeon's a bad roguelite. Not a bad game per se, but it's not well liked by the community.
Falls into the same category as Rogue Legacy, as much as I love that game.

Pretty soon now, but you can play the beta

>bad roguelite
Not even someone who plays it anymore, but how is neo-Isaac a "good" roguelite?

Rogue Legacy is a good game I don't see the problem

Who said it was? It's awful.

Only good ones are FTL and necrodancer desu

For some reason Nuclear Throne discussion leaves a bad taste in my mouth, maybe because the time I spent with /ntg/ was pretty cringey.

>Rogue Legacy is a good game
No.

Right here, supply drop needs to drop already.

Rogue Legacy and Gungeon are both great. Gungeon in particular is one of the best, seems like you have a terminal case of shit taste.

At it's core, replayability is the biggest factor, a factor that's mostly provided by randomization and procedural generation of content.
Even in real roguelikes, there's only so many enemies you can have, so many layouts a dungeon or cave can have, and it falls to other factors to create a different experience every time you play.

The experience in Isaac is given by the items you find or decide to work for. You could have two runs with identical level layouts and characters that play and feel wildly different by changing two or three important item pickups.

I love Nuclear Throne, more than Isaac, but after only 200 hours I can comfortably say I've had just about every possible experience possible from it. I still play it, sure, but it's using the same methods and strategies I've been using forever.

In Isaac you're constantly forced to adapt to new playstyles and develop new strategies based on the tools given to you, which is why people can play for 500+ hours and still not be bored with it.

I'm not saying it's a great game, but it's perfect at fitting the genre.

>also antibirth isn't finished
AB+ has 12 future content patches coming

>Does Lost holding the missing poster get an extra life?
Yes, and if you smelt it you get infinite lives

Where did all those Steakmund's white knights come from?

Favorite gungeoneer
Bulletfags need no apply

>Rogue Legacy and Gungeon are both great

You have autism. Gungeon is like an even slower paced Isaac. It's shit.

>good game
>great
You're missing the point, dummies. I said they weren't bad, I enjoy both of them. Gungeon is a great schmup and Rogue Legacy is a quirky dungeon slasher which I have a shitload of time in.
Doesn't make them good roguelites.

Tomatoes are amazing on tacos, sandwiches and burgers, nobody doesn't like them. Doesn't mean you would call them a good fruit.

Favorite Gungeoneer ?*

>Tomatoes are amazing on tacos, sandwiches and burgers

Garbage taste strikes again

Marine is objectively the most powerful, but I'd say that Huntress is the most fun to play as.
But hey, everyone is a good choice except for Convict, fuck her.

>Convict
That's a strange way of spelling Pilot

Convict is literally the Rogue of gungeon, stop defending her at every step because "muh waifu xd".

How much pussy do you think the convict ate in prison?

She's not even my waifu but I think the Pilot has more problem than the convict
Plus she have a molotov, she's not that bad
Think of a number, now add two zeros, that's the number

Interesting. Does she top the Huntress, or is she more submissive? Does she slip naturally into the 'bitch' role as a result of her incarceration?

>Not liking thin diced porterhouse tomatoes and green chilis with taco meat
>Not wanting a thin slice of peppered bucks county tomato between your mortadella, pastrami and gruyere to keep it moist
>Not wanting a fat cut of black krim tomato on your angus and bacon to keep it running with that smokey goodness
>Claiming anyone but yourself to have bad taste

I pity you

Stop

Man, stop

Don't give (You)s to shitposts, mane.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but The Lost is Isaac's spirit, in the same way ??? is his body.

If you weren't aware, every vanilla playable character is Isaac, or part of him anyways. Try being more observant.

>stop waifufagging!

Are you new here?

Is Eve his pet bird?

No, Eve is his angst.

Hunter

>You have autism. Gungeon is like an even slower paced Isaac. It's shit.
(You) are autistic if you think it is like Isaac user.

Gungeon isn't a shmup, but it does take a lot of features from them.

>Ultra Hard challenge

>Caves XL
>Big Horn plus two Little Horns

I give up

this isn't possible

I'm on a loss streak of 21 right now. I... I just want to unlock It Lives... I... just want to be champ.

It is, but it is RNG """"the challenge""""

Do some of the challenges if you haven't already. Unlocking Algiz and Jera may help.

The thing that pisses me off and confuses me is that it's not like I haven't beaten Mom's Heart multiple times beforehand; it's just all of a sudden my skill level has plummeted drastically.

What is the real story of BoI ?

I raised it from the grave January 3rd.
Technically, we also have /igg/ in here too, cause Idle shit comes up once in a while.

Stop playing on Hard. There's literally no point.
Also stop going so damned slow, yeah I know there's a blood donation room on one side of the depths and a slot machine on the other side, but who gives a shit. One item does not a good run make. And even if it did? The time you spend running around trying to powergame coins or batteries winds up adding to a whole second run you could have finished during that time.
Also if you find the glowing hourglass you can farm mom's heart 5 times in the same run, so keep your eyes peeled.

Pilot.

>Isaac's parents separated
>Isaac blamed himself for the separation
>Isaac's mom either was religious or turned to religion to cope
>Isaac convinces himself he is the devil
>Isaac may have accidentally killed his pet cat
>Isaac locks himself in a chest in his room, possibly with the dead cat
>Isaac's mom can't find him and she puts up missing posters
>Isaac suffocates in the chest, as he is dying he hallucinates the entire game. Blue womb/??? represent him suffocating. You go from the Blue womb to the Void and fight Delirium. This is the actual physical death of Isaac.
>Isaac's mom find's his remains in the chest

dude, spoilers.

That's the worst fucking part. I'm not playing on hard. It's just somehow, I had some of the best runs I've ever had, beat Mom's heart six times, and then all of a sudden my skill level plummets.

You did a good job user !
I'm proud o
I thought Isaac mom became crazy by watching to much televangelist and "God" told her to sacrifice Isaac and he flee in the basement where the game begin ?

>I thought Isaac mom became crazy by watching to much televangelist and "God" told her to sacrifice Isaac and he flee in the basement where the game begin ?
You would only think this if you haven't played through the entire game.

I actually haven't played it at all
I'm just interested in the lore and the imagery