/vn/ - Smug Onee-chan Edition

Visual Novel General #1311

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:

This general is exclusively for the discussion of only Japanese visual novels.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xK1xWhd3Tyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Off the top of my head, s;g and kns are the ones i didn't turn off the protag voice, ayakashibito is decent, the rest i can recall are trash stuttering protags

Muramasa.

I'm claiming this thread for the glory of Michiru!

Maybe I just have high standards b/c I study literature, but the prose in F/SN is really inexcusably bad.
Some parts are the result of the translation, but others (like the godawful repetitiveness) cannot be.
I think the sexual violence is actually falsely represented as the only misogynist stuff in F/SN. Even w/o it, that series is sexist.
Nasu has stated in interviews that his idea for the Fate route was Saber "discovering her femininity" through bangin' Shirou, which is, um-
-kindaaaaa a super sexist proposition. Man writing about WHAT IS FEMININITY. Turns out badass King Arthur is a sad little girl inside. ):
It's not just the sex scenes, it's bad attitudes about women & sex implicit from the game's worldview.
"No ideological bias" is really just code for "conforms with the dominant ideological bias." We live in air so it's invisible.
Review "without ideological bias" is the new "objective" review.

Sounds like a lot of buzzwords without substance, 2/10 for trying

Good job user, that's a spicy pasta.

^_^

>Maybe I just have high standards b/c I study literature
Let me just stop your right there. Nobody is going to continue reading that shit in /vn/ of all places when you start a long post like that.

Why does she have only one tooth?

>responding to pasta like it's not ages-old pasta

>check Muramasa on vndb
>Make an appearance: Saya
Spoil me, please.

Baited for this exact response
captcha: gaylord

I think it's some le epic reference in the background or something, since it seems a lot of characters from nitroplus VNs make an appearance in Muramasa

Bacause its cuter this way.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

>people actually want all ages visual novels

why though

>get baited
>h-haha no u

mental retardation

t. sore loser

t. assblast

Don't reply to me unless you are contributing to the thread.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Sometimes I hate this general, but I also sometimes love this general.

Make me

@165576905
I'm not giving you any (You)s.

dream sequence.

Please don't do it man, i need them to live

You're responding to the wrong user.
These me
Try to keep up, kiddo.
>tfw got 4 (You)s with one post

youtube.com/watch?v=xK1xWhd3Tyw

go to 7:50. thats literally it.

Why are you pretending to be me?

Post vns I will never be able to read.

God damn it.

Well, thanks anyway.

Does Muramasa pull some End of Evangelion shit or something?

Ooooh, thanks man, i was almost out of (You)s

Fucking Rewrite.

I love everything from the visuals, to the music, to the writers, to the setting, to the characters. Yet I still can't say I enjoyed it very much. It gives me that feeling of nostalgia that my favorite VNs give me, but it never even reached near that point. These mixed feelings are very weird, and it doesn't help to see how everyone loves it apparently.

love? that steaming pile of shit is the worst think I've dragged myself through, literal kusoge

I like a good half of the routes

nah it's just the sister fucking with the main protags dreams. Just a joke sequence basically.

>visuals
Itou can't draw for shit, less than ideal amount of CGs for such a long read

>music
Nothing memorable

>writers
ayy lmao, r07 and tonokawa

>characters
no interesting characters, awful edgelord MC

Thank you for fixing the OP.

>music
>Nothing memorable
That's a lie son

Maybe it's the story? It's a hit and miss for most of the route and it didn't really get good until Moon.

>music
>nothing memorable
You can bash everything about Rewrite but cmon the soundtrack was great

tuturu~

The point is to get only a little tipsy an d then maintain that state for as long as possible.
If you get too drunk time goes too fast and you won't remember shit in the morning and you'rr have a terrible hangover.
For example for me it comes to about 20 small (33 cl) or 13 big (50 cl) beers for the day to just keep that good feeling going which greatly increases enjoyment of all things.
However I have very high tolerance so you need to calculate the optimal amount for your blood-alcohol level by estimating your body composition and adjust it on the fly.
Also you need to still maintain focus on VNs and shitposting or you'll just end up browsing /pol/ for 10 hours and complaining about things.

meikyuu? Damn I'm tempted now was going to watch some anime but now..... guess time to become a shut in till i finish it, grand route forst or the others first?

grand route is fantastic

:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>Also you need to still maintain focus on VNs and shitposting or you'll just end up browsing /pol/ for 10 hours and complaining about things.
I didn't browse /pol/ last time I got drunk, thanks for the advice, cheers!

I have to say, if that first Amane sex scene in Meikyuu is supposed to be a joke, then they did it right, because i'm laughing my ass off.

>tfw Finnish

You may be an alcoholic, user. Do you browse Veeky Forums?

Alright im in lol.

I do not.
Also I'm not an alcoholic since I drink only about 52 times per year.

I LIKE LOLIS!
REMEMBER TO ASK FOR MORE LOLIGE IN MANGAGAMER'S POLL!

There is literally nothing wrong with that.

desu having a high alcohol tolerance is more like a curse

this isn't funny anymore

It's a gift and a curse.

How's the VN some guys translated to finnish?

It was great, actually.
I guess it's just weird for amateurs to translate something to Finnish since spoken and written Finnish are very different as opposed to Japanese or English and that makes it a little awkward at places.
Like two different languages, almost.
Spoken and writeen Finnish, I mean.

The nukige with vampire Mafuyu?
It's a nukige with vampire Mafuyu.

What exactly do you mean by that? Are they different because of coloquialisms and such? Or is it just a conventional type of thing?

That's deep.

anyone here "playing" vns without any japanese knowledge and only using google translate?

Well many of the words are different and used differently and the strict and numerous rules of the language are not followed in favor of a more straightforward language.
Also there are at least 7 distinct dialects.
For a language of ~5 million.
This is why many foreigners doubt the language actually exists at all instead of just being a big meme and why no foreigner has ever learned it.

I see.
Praise Tenri.

I'm currently reading End of Golden Witch and holy fuck does Erika annoy me. Not only her character, but how much out of place she feels. I guess it's part of the idea with the witches taking over Beato and Battler's game, but it's still very frustrating.

Why is Chaos Head such a clusterfuck? Now that I think of it, it was a miracle that 5 years ago I was able to install the game and play it without a hitch. Now I'm on Windows 8.1, directx installed, CCCP installed and yet the sound in cutscenes still fucking refuse to play itself for some indiscernible reasons.

Japs can't code well.
I can easily still play western games from the 90s but any jap pc games from over 3 years ago are massive fucking bugfests and shitheaps.

Literally and mentally.

Probably for console ports to the vita.

People are actually reading H scenes?

Did you guys vote for Big Black Dick?

Nah, voted for Hanasaki Work Spring!

I usually wank them instead of reading them.

>13-17

That reminded me, how completed is the Chaos;Head Noah patch on android?

No, I voted for Fate/Stay Night, Majikoi and White Album 2.

I voted for Koiken Otome, Please Bang My Wife 2: Electric Boogaloo and Rondo Duo.

You noticed that but not
>other
?

No, I'll vote for it next year if any of these get translated.

Maybe he's a Manbearpig himself.

>drink alcohol or take drugs
>immediately feel like death
>nervous system immediately fucks with me
And then I promptly go lights fuckin out just short of a heart attack.

Keep drinking the dream my friend.

I've never taken any drugs besides some ibuprofen a few times.
Why do people have such a hard time believeing that I do not have any kind of substance abuse problem and with careful calculations calibrated over a few years I can keep the ethanol content of my blood steadily on such a level that I feel good for several hours instead of getting blackout drunk?

sounds like a grand old time honestly

Fuck off, you cis white man.

>some retard is telling people to ask for fate in mangagamer's poll
Is it too much to expect people not to go through this retarded dance every year?

I have a Steins;Gate question.

Did Lukako only want to become a girl because he loves Okabe?

because people are retards who don't know that some folks can get a feel for how their body works, or that everybody who drinks can't measure how drunk they are.

Its lovely. At least it tells me its fucking with my blood pressure via screwing with my nervous system and sending nonsense spikes along my arms rather than just making my feet numb.

Once, I passed out twice just worrying if I was missing a regular appointment with my neurologist. Not injuries or fucking with my system via drugs.

Anyways reading Yuuji's past in meikyuu is turning out to be a fun ride.

Yes

No

Yeah, it's not really a gender identity thing, he's not trans. He was just uncomfortable in his body and this was made worse because he wanted to fug the Okarin.

my condolences user

hope you get better

>it's not really a gender identity thing, he's not trans.
> He was just uncomfortable in his body

What's the difference?

Trans are mentally ill freaks, whereas Luka only wishes he was a girl so Okabe might love him back. Depending on who you ask, that could be classed as mental illness, too.