So how did you guys save up for a car?

so how did you guys save up for a car?

i only currently earn $120 a week as a cleaner for a butchery (ausfag) and i spend a little under $20 a week (bus fare and also buying $2.20 of bananas nearly ever day) and i currently have $600 so far and im trying to save up for a JDM car

(im also on the pension but that covers utlities and gym)

do you guys get a 2nd job or just find a better paying job? im sick of having to leaving a hour before work and want to roll with my mates since they're part of the local JDM club in my town.

any info plz?

That's a pretty terrible wage. Get a better job or a second job.

I have a big boy job and make big boy money.

>i only currently earn $120 a week

Holy fuck I was making more in the 3rd grade.

It's literally just patience.
> Buying a car cash
Save up money. Put a little bit aside each paycheck, or give yourself a weekly budget. It'll take a couple months, but you'll eventually get enough for un carrito.
> Financing
Build credit by establishing some form of lending service. Either take out a loan, or get a couple credit cards. Practice good spending and your credit increases over time (months) then save up money for a good down payment (months, but this money could have been saved whilst you built your credit) there is no real way to just buy a car the same day you think about it unless you already had money, or wealthy famalam.

>120 a week
>working 5 days a week that's 24 dollars per day
>working even only 3 hours a day that's 8 kangaroo bucks/hour

Cunt you need a better job, even an apprenticeship pays better.

Git gud jerb then worry about your weaboo car

how many hours a day are you working?

Get a real job.

my pension pays for my utilities and gym, the $100 is my disposeable income which i put aside
to be honest i rather prefer to pay the car in cash so that way i wouldnt have another expense to pay off (towards a bank).
6 days a week, 2 hours a day, $10 a hour

i really REALLY need a new job

this town barely has any fucking jobs in it. and im not talking about a rural town. im talking about Cairns

Might have to move. Seriously, owning a car ain't cheap and you are well below the poverty line as it stands

i live with my mother and stepfather, there's food on the table everynight so im not worrying

and he started a landscaping business so once work starts to pick up, i can get some cash on the side

And what the fuck how many stations are there in banana land that need jackeroos?

>Pension

Are you crippled or something?

i'm going to recommend stealing a car

makes about as much sense as buying one in your situation

disability pension actually. (autism)
yes. im on the pension for a really retarded reason but without it i wouldnt be able to pay for utilities

>2 hours a day
So what are you doing the rest of the time? Build some skills or sell shit.

either handing out brochures about the landscaping business or doing heavy lifting for my mum since her back's fucked

Fair enough, that isn't stopping you from getting a better job. GG for making it this far but your priorities are ass backwards at this point. Get a better job, move out then worry about wheels. Public transport in banana land is bretty good in the larger cities.

Once you have what resembles a life and some savings then worry about a money pit that is a car. Rego and CTP will be well north of a grand in QLD, then fuel costs plus servicing and you'll want to start modding it from the get go.

I spend ~250 dollarydoos a week on diesel for example

Correction, per fortnight

Jesus Christ how expensive is diesel in aus? How many ks are ya driving mate?

You're telling me you work 2 hours, commute 2 hours, and the whole rest of the time you're handing out brochures or lifting for your mom? How much shit does your mom need that you have to lift all day? Seriously, learn a trade dude.

yea find a second or third job, you should try to work at least 8 hours a day

i rather not move out considering i have to save up for a bond which would be well over $1k (no matter where it is. even if in the shitty part of town). and im just currently only saving atm. im planning to get a better job before i even think of moving out let alone the car itself

and yeah how long do you drive?

well im trying to find a automechanic apprenticeship but so far i cant find any at the moment

man i wish i could work longer. i fucking hate short hours

About 1000km for a 10 working day fortnight, diesel is around 1.30/L. Dual tanks 180L in total

Obviously if I do anything on weekends I'll use more

sounds like you work in the bush or a DIDO worker

Staffing agency, you are welcome

like jobhunting?

jobhunters**

It's the dilemma of living rural, shit low paying work but cheaper rent. I'd have a serious look at moving to a more metro area, work will be easier to come by. Apprenticeships more so.

Have a look around at others that would have been in your situation five years ago, most won't be much better off. That'll be you in five years time unless you do something

I know you don't want to hear it but I've been there

Yeah I work for a government land management agency, took a few years to get where I am though

how's the ride like?

Of the job or my car?

to the job since you're a DIDO worker

I thought diesel would be cheaper in aus then in nz, it's $1.06 per litre

depends where you live really in australia. its $1.10 a litre for diesel and $1.25 average for unleaded

they charge more because its FNQ

Jobs good, might change depots in the future as winter gets annoying with snow. Also the commute I make in my car is just to get to the depot, it's 45km one way

Nah fuels expensive, more so in rural Victoria

Anyway I'm off to get pissed, STRAYA

Oh ok both my cars require 98 and i pay $1.99per litre, 91 is $1.70 i think

My mates over in Oz and he says piss is more expensive over there too

3rd most expensive in the world since its overtaxxed

as well with fuel and tobacco

and even guns as well

So if you want a litre of Jack or Jim what would you be paying?

>i swear im not making this shit up
a little over a slab of piss where in america you could get it for $20

since it measures out the volume of alcohol as tax rather than the actual size

think of it as this
>you pay 5 beers but 2 go to the taxman
or for fuel
>you pay 5 litres but 2 go to the taxman

im voting for the Liberal Democrats next election. they're more libertarian than liberal

I'm in nz not merrica homie

imagine $45 for a bottle of jack (litre)

That's roughly the same price, what's a dozen vbs run ya?

literally nothing because i dont drink VB. it tastes like piss

Neither mate I personally don't drink at all but a mate of mine drinks it cause iit's cheap af

>also buying $2.20 of bananas nearly ever day
The big 25 pound bag of Rice is a cheaper source of calories than bananas. It also stores well.

As for getting a car, the insurance will vampire your finances. And there is no purpose in having a car and not driving it, so that means you will be using gasoline all the time. And you need a garage or else someone will break in and try to steal it or strip parts out of it.

What you need to do is what said. Or educate yourself some more so that you can have a wider variety of 2nd jobs to pick from if your current choices are too limited.

You said you have $600 in savings. You should keep on saving since public transport is working for you. Get a bicycle if you have to have more versatility than a bus. If you ride from your home to work, then you'll possibly get there sooner because there is no waiting at the bus stop. As long as no road dirt gets on your back, you don't sweat because you take an easy pace, and it doesn't rain, the bike is good.

>doing heavy lifting for my mum since her back's fucked

If she is classified as disabled you can probably hit up centerlink for carer's assistance or some shit.

Worked 91 hours a week 500 miles away from home cleaning up spilled chemicals

>be 15 get job
>be 16 use money saved to buy 1st car
>be 17 kept saving money, bought better car
>be 18 make down payment on Nice car, pay rest of car off after a year.

the trick is to throw as much money as you can stand at any loan and pay it off.

My last car purchase I was paying $500 a month towards it, the minimum was 115$ but I didnt want that for 72 months

I'm only here because of the Metal Slug gif

>i only currently earn $120
wow
I do pro game dev in shitty country and I make 200 a week
Thanks for cheering me up!

And small boy dik kek

You didnt receive any penalties for paying it off early?

If you're making 120 a week, spending only 25, and saving half of what's left, that's only 2,700 dollars a year mang, that ain't shit, if you save 2/3rds of the leftover cash after expenses you still only have 3,300, and that's with little economic overhead or safety. Please get new job

holy shit i didn't realize there were people this poor.
I make 450$ a week, and spend 0$ of it.

dolefag here just hoard its all the rest of us do bud