Red pill me on the r33 gtst Veeky Forums

Red pill me on the r33 gtst Veeky Forums
I'm in Australia if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1130537114
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cop bait and most of them are pretty fucked up from stupid owners. People will constantly spout the r33 boat meme. Besides that they're pretty good, nice aesthetics if you snag an s2, strong engine, cheap mods and sound sexy.

It's cool if you can get it for cheap, from what I hear it's in the 3-4k dollar range (not sure if thats AUS or USD) but either way you couldn't find a car more powerful for that range anywhere in the US

4k AUD for a good auto turbo one

Yeah deffs cop bait but I have been pulled over in one and they just did a rbt and we moved on.
I fucking hate that boat meme, shits me to tears.

>there are no good, clean examples left
>all are thrashed, ruined pieces of shit that haven't been maintained properly
>complete and utter cop bait, you're effectively sticking a sign on your head that says 'fuck me in the ass' that every cop can see
>Skylines are associated with hoon culture so you're on the same level as pedophiles if you're seen in one
>there are no good, clean examples

Other than that they're alright I guess.

I wouldn't say there is no cleans ones, it's just that theyre fucking expensive.

If you can find one that isn't fucked for a good price, get it. I did just that a year ago and I haven't regretted my decision.

You can't go past the obvious good points:
>rwd
>turbo
>manual
>inline six
>japanese
>LSD
>big cheap aftermarket
>good power potential
>fairly reliable
>easy to wrench on
>great sound

They drive great if they're not fucked, handle well, and aren't a slouch even stock. They also look fantastic with some good wheels and a few inches off the ride height.

I paid $4900 for mine, 97 manual GTST with 100k on the clock, almost totally stock

Should I buy this piece of shit for a project car?
gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1130537114

>gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1130537114
That actually looks alright, it's cheap as fuck. Would need some love. Comp test the motor first though

You know most people who get picked on for their imports drive shitty arse cars with poor fitting bodykits and crappy wheels, sometimes even multicoloured cars.

They then wonder why cops pick on them.

>>LSD
It's viscous that stopped working years ago though.

They are fucking great but we shit on them so they remain as the one affordable skyline for us aussies.

Remember the R32 is great and so is the R34 but the R33 is shit and no one should buy it

Hopefully that sentiment carries over to the usa when r33's become legal.

>r33 a shit don't buy one
>then why do you have an r33 user?
>I like shitty cars stfu

all true posts
also keep in mind it's 20+ years old now. Even with a meticulous old man owner, that's a long time for any car to exist. Expect the following to be perished or need attention:
>all vacuum/boost lines and connections
>all suspension bushes and king pins
>steering gaiters and tie rods
>engine mounts and driveline rubbers
>timing belt
>water pump and cooling hoses
>turbo seals
>anywhere rust might develop, ie dealer fitted spoilers
>window rubbers
>various interior plastics
etc, etc, etc

I agree they're a good platform but fuck me, they're just old cars now. And I haven't even touched on the 10-20 odd young male owners that have fucked with these over the years. God help anyone trying to diagnose a rough running car with mods.

For similar price better off buying a v8 commodore, keep stock alloy wheels, no shitty stickers on Windows, no p plates, not ridiculously lowered.. you never get pulled over, cheaper to maintain and easier to get parts, way more torque.

Or buy the 33.. even without cannon and hellflush wheels you're still cop bait. Insurance is through the roof too.

Brother has a 400hp vy ss
Girlfriends brother has a stock r33 gtst
Same age and everything
Both cost the same for insurance

What's this "cop bait" thing? Are cops like super vicious in Australia or something?

Yes
You will get yellow stickered (unroad worthy sticker) for the smallest and stupidest things. Cops LOVE to pick on new drivers that own turbo or v8 cars

Road coppers are. See, you can't just dismiss an officer for being an "insufferable cunt" so the way to deal with them is to shove them on road policing duties. Everyone hates the vultures, even other cops think they're tax collecting scumbags.

There's a bit of a debate over whether or not this is the case but they're believed to be on a quota for fines issued too. Up in QLD at least they'll go for kids on their P's because they're easy targets and likely to panic if there's a white-and-blue vulture tailgating them and for cunts driving Skylines and WRXes. Any excuse to defect or otherwise slap with a fine will do the job.

It's even worse down in VIC, apparently. "Hoon laws" combined with a force known for its corruption issues leads to soccer moms getting pulled over and threatened with impounding unless they give the copper a $50 note.

Probably like any country really. For young guys in hot cars, life is very hard as they will stop you for nothing and find an excuse to fine/unroadworthy their cars. This is because the community at large doesn't approve of young hoons and noisy cars, so the police are basically compelled to harass these guys. Once you're like 25ish and/or have a boring car, you can get away with so much more. I haven't been pulled over in like two years but when I was first starting out, it would be like once every couple of months.

Also some cars/drivers are begging for attention and the police are happy to oblige them. Think cannon mufflers, stupid stickers, and mohawk drivers with these sunnies.

>This is because the community at large doesn't approve of young hoons and noisy cars
The only people who really give a shit up here at least are the same sort that watch ACA and think The Project is a news show.

Otherwise, road police have burnt all their goodwill with the public at large. Everyone knows them for revenue raising scum.

The aftermarket is large enough to pick up reco diffs or even new for cheap

100% chance of getting stolen