freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/86527
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ENGINEDEV BEST DEV

Quality OP

Sorry to post not so significant progress but you guys are my support crew. Anyone using godot? If so how the fug do you have particles with transparency? Also the platformer thing is placeholder for something else.

let it die idiot

hard work and guts. you'll get better as long as you keep practicing.

>and guts
thank god I'm a cyberdemon

They do die baka.

only if they're cia niggers

Its 2hard

>zero dev experience
>want to make tactics RPG
>internet says it'll be one of the harder things to make in GM:S
how do I start from nothing and work towards making a game in the genre?

>looking for a comfy pic to shop the AGDG logo on and use as a banner for comfy jam
>can't find the right one
Help, post the comfiest pic you can find.

Take on small projects first, forget the tactics RPG for now, decide what engine you are going to use, then try making a basic platformer, go watch tutorials, just start small and work your way up

:^)

someone in the /v/ threads suggested I just try and make pong to start, is that a good beginning?

Why are engies and dictators so delusional?

yes, its a good start, after pong try making a breakout game since they share alot of the same mechanics. Just dev, just like make game, it's the only way to get better.

JUST LIKE MAKE GAME

>zero dev experience

Learn how to make a tic-tac-toe game first.
I shit you not. This is to get you familiarized with the basics in your tools of choice, including the game engine, programming language, etc.
The game should have a complete main menu, win/lose screen, etc.

Then learn to make a tetris game. Make it that each tetris piece is editable via a txt file, to teach you basic file data creation and editing. Again, this should be complete with a main menu, maybe an op[tions screen to control difficulty, etc.

Later on you can use whatever technique you pick up here to create files for different unit types or attack types or whatever.

Then learn a pong/breakout game to get you familiarized with physics. Again with a main menu and stuff.

If you're feeling confident enough, feel free to deviate from the usual tic-tac-toe, tetris, or pong game design.

The point is to learn things bit by bit, and your list of completed games, even if they're laughably simple, will motivate you because you're able to complete your projects, you'll be familiar with the usual bugs and what are the usual first steps to fix them, usual design considerations, etc. You'll have an established workflow by that time, that you'll definitely need if you really want to take up making a tactics RPG.

edgy idea

slave owner simulator

today I finished the first pass of the radial menu for special attacks. it's basically the same idea as the god hand roulette moves where time slows down and you have a few seconds to select the attack you want in order to keep the momentum going. my special attacks are gonna have TIMED HITS type stuff to keep them engaging though

the number of slots is changing every time i open it for demonstration of how the slots distribute, in the actual game you'll probably start with 2 or less and over time add to the total number of slots available

Morrowind except you get to play as House Dres?

Daily reminder that Clickteam Fusion™ is infinitely better than Game Maker

how's Source for making a game?

>

thanks senpai

>someone makes a shit op
>people keep it alive and it sticks

every single time

>like just make game
That's not our slogan, user.

That's not even the best pic in this series.

then post the best one YOU FUCK

Get your furry shit out of here sourcefag

>how's Source for making a game?
literally posted this
fully drunk
literally insane
high-powered rifle
Glug, Glug
Hiss, Hiss
going to jail
mental breakdown

etc

testing the waters.

proxy

I like this boss. It looks cool.

i imagine more of a harvest moon type game where instead of working the fields, you use your whip on people who you've previously instructed to work your fields. you can breed slaves and sell/trade them on the slavemarket to get more efficient slaves.
eventually, emancipation will become a thing and you'll need to use the wealth you've acquired to delay emancipation for as long as possible.

You can already do that with the gnomes in Harvest Moon.

Got any recommendations how to make blood looks better on surfaces?

Right now I draw it to a surface. Should I draw it over all objects? Only on the walls/static objects? I'm not sure. It might look weird on same places either way.

the "people" ruin this
also why is the male to female ratio 1 to 10

In case someone missed it because it's not on the OP, here's the link to comfy jam

itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

Can you beat all bosses you've made so far without taking single hit?

desperation

That effect of the lighter colored/"thinner" blood on the wall "overwriting" the thicker blood is something you ought to work on, I think.

lookin pretty good

if i try real hard i guess. i've managed zero hit runs on the whole demo before.

>ywn be this gay
Thank goodness

Mhm. I agree. Right now it just draws the blood as it is, and I got the particle effect made so it "thins" out at the end of the spray.

Also not sure if I should keep this much blood in the full game? Is it funny, silly or just over the top?

you will be

oh wait, just the bosses. definitely.

Halifax

There are no males in that image, ingrate. The kemonomimi make it perfect.

what's wrong with Source?

At some point you realize Hammer is a piece of shit for map making, and you won't be sure if you need to write your own extension tool to do it properly.
Then you realize you lack the experience to write something like that, with enough features to do the job.
And then you look at the other tools(Blender/3DMax geometry export, Unity, Unreal, etc) and realize they are just as shit

Basically: Its fine, but just like any other 3D tool: You will run into issues with your knowledge, or the limitations of the tool.
Nothing substitutes learned knowledge, experience, and a good work plan.

I think i got my web builds working again, could you peeps test and and see if it runs?
So far it runs for me in both firefox and chrome, but at a pretty shitty framerate. It doesn't run properly for a friend in firefox, a lot of the shaders just aren't rendered for him, so i was wondering if anyone else gets these problems.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/86527

it's obviously not going to look like harvest moon and it's going to be way more edgy

just wait a couple months, it'll be on steam guaranteed.

That pic's one of tne of the inspirations for my game

post your game please

What game?

hahahaha

ottawa

fucking furfags get out of my gamedev thread and kill yourselves

Mewtwo
Tentacruel
Aerodactyl
Omanyte
Slowpoke!

faggot

Artfag looking for a programmer.

How would you do a really simple way of simulating an object moving along an air flow (kind of like a river or a current) in a top-down 2D environment ?

Just regular pathfinding?

Thanks unreal space dev, it looks much better now

Catgirl pool party

your game looks like shit

give up and get a real job

My future game's too, but in a more abstract sense

Looking pretty damn awesome. Just a question, is your game progress from that Punch Out dungeon thing that was around AGDG some time ago ?

Runs smoothly for me, but I still suck at it.
muh air control

please leave capcom, they arn't going to make another mega man game

Shit, the game looks dope, what's your twitter / tumblr / whatever so I can check previous progress

Post game ideas/genre.

Post art.

Wait, is this Megaman? I just realized.

oh, not interested then.
Sorry.

pic

looks neat

to be honest i didn't even realize that was mega man shooting his mega buster until you posted

>artist
>no art

ideaguy here:

A game where you have to create games about creating games.

I thought I'm the only one who get annoyed by things like that.

>programmer
>no code

been done
like a lot actually.

>comfy jam
WHAT EVEN IS A COMFY

Gamedev tyccoon tyccoon?

show me your portfolio
i feel like those projectiles should be rounder/have a few more triangles. they look good in the spaceship game because there you're farther away from them but here, where you're really close, it kinda looks a little weird.

Were you manually manipulating the gib on the right side of the room? 'Cause otherwise those physics are certainly over the top. I'd say the blood is too, but that's so subject to personal taste that, y'know, whatever. I think a few good long smears would be better than the entire wall ending up a solid red.

you know comfy?
like I'm comfy.
He she it Comfies.

post code first

No it's Uber Woman

My dick is comfy wrapped around your mom's meat flaps

Yeah I am manipulating body parts with my mouse (debug feature).

In real game, there will be two changes - blood stops spraying from body parts eventually, and not many things can cause full body gib.

Name one game that is about the process of making a game like game dev tycoon.

So she picks me up and drives me to the airport while bitching about hating life?

Game Dev Story

You could just google it you know. Backing up other user: There's been bunches of them. At least 3 I can name off the top of my head if I cared to.

yes, and shoots robots in the face with her arm cannon ™

One thing I might suggest (I know I just said that I'd personally tone down the blood but hear me out) is having a general "spatter" from wounds that gib, not associated with any particular gib. I just having the streaking looks a bit "cheap" whereas having a nice splatter that the gibs would then move away from, leaving streaks, would be better.

Just a thought.

You mean generate predetermined splatters around the gib on the wall instead of recording the actual particle effect?

Nope. Game Dev Story is a game about making games, not a game about making games about making games. Are you stupid?