/ggg/ - guilty gear general

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/G52vDxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This isn't a thing, we've tried a billion times.

Pretty sure this won't stay alive for long. And that is one shitty OP.

Might as well try to keep this alive.

How do you think Answer plays like?

The Izuna drop and clones remind me of Hibiki, I'm guessing he'll have some really sick left-right stuff.

Hey guys, I hate BB so much. Who wants to talk about how it's shit compared God's Gift?

I like both

>no opening pastebin
you've got a long way to go, matey.

hey guys join the street fighter general

who cares about GG

No you don't.

Making a general for a specific game is supposed to cut down on the amount of retarded game wars. How did you miss this concept so hard?

Tell me about Jack-O, how do I beat her with Ky?

Don't let her set her shit up.
Amazing advice, I know, but that's really all there is to it.

But it seems if I get knocked once, and she sets up a house+shield the match becomes incredibly tilted in her favor. I mean it's not like her neutral options are bad or anything, so it's really hard to find a time to rush in before she can set up the shield or a house. The shield gives me nightmares

Yeah, welcome to Guilty Gear, setplay's the name of the game and a single knockdown can mean you're fucked.

Honestly, I hate this MU too as Leo. Ruthless aggression is just about the only way to deal with her. Her defences are sub-par. Not bad, but not good either.

welcome to the guilty gear community

What is the worst MU in the game?

Zangief vs Nu-13

Potemkin Sin

Sin (Machabo) vs Potemkin (FAB)

GG v BB

Is it really that bad? Or is it more of a player thing?

You vs women

I'm waiting for the PC release.

you vs me

How do I create huge damage with Chipp? I can get in hit confirms fine, but fuck up when it gets to converting damage off of them.

Either get a CH , jank up the guard bar...or that's about it really, Chipp isn't really a high damage character. What is your basic BNB?

Chipp is a reset character from what I know. Go for knockdown into teleport gimmicks to open them up. Rinse and repeat.
So, jab-kick-slashes-sweep-teleport-repeat.

Chipp can actually do really ANIME corner combos, that do decent damage. Not anything over the top mind you but decently more than Millia

what makes it bad

Sin has a retardedly good groundgame and can easily outpoke him without much commitment while Potemkin has to struggle the entire matchup to try and get in. Typical zoner vs grappler thing, except in this scenario your anti-projectile tools won't work because it's just a huge flag, and Potemkin in general just having jack shit.

/ggg/, stop playing coy and become one with us. You're not gonna resist us,like /blaz/ are you?

Pot needs to get into do damage
Sin has insanely long pokes that convert into insane damage

That may be my issue. My general plan is to lead in with a shuriken for a bit of hitstun, then 2P,2P,2P,K,6S, Resshou, Rokusai. Too predictable? Too short?
I often find myself using his Genrouzan after a knockdown and it generally works better than you'd imagine for a slow command grab.

Is that your BNB or blockstring? If it's your blockstring then Rokusai is -7 on block, you're FAR better off ending pressure with Resshou, also C.S is +2 on block, and with chips frame data you can easily dash back in after that and 2P to beat mashing.

If that's your BNB...that's pretty bad. What you wanna do is like

5k-CS-2D-236S-5P(jumpinstall)-2HS-22S-J.K-air combo stuff

I haven't played Chipp in a while so I just do like J.K-jump cancel-J.K-jump cancel-JD for about 105

I just want /asw/ back.

Join the /blaz/ discord instead. WE ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES AND TALK ABOUT IT THERE.

>WE ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE?

Yes, that's my blockstring. Your suggestion sounds much better and explains why I usually get countered after that. Honestly, the Rokusai just sort of comes out, as my reaction time isn't so great and I do it before I realize that the Resshou was blocked. I don't think I really have an effective BNB that I can do consistently, so I'll practice the BnB you suggested. Thank you very much.

Is this a GG character?

>take a peak in the discord
Discord was a mistake

It seems you don't have a clear idea of what to do in pressure. Pressure as far as I see it is a thing you practice but it's not something that you just development one specific way to do. You should adjust your blockstrings based on character matchup and player matchup(This guy is bad at overheads so I'm gonna mix a couple in, or he likes to DP instead of block so I'll try and bait it), and you should always have a plan when pressuring someone(I'm gonna grab them, I'm gonna stagger until they press something or try to jump out, I'm gonna go over an overhead, I'm gonna bait an option).

So GG X2 Reload is $2.50 on GOG right now so I figured id pick it up and learn Baiken because shes probably gonna play kinda similar right?

Probably. See how much Dizzy changed/stayed the same.

No and you can just pirtate #reload if you know where to look

Eh, you'll probably get the general idea, but she's supposedly being reworked.
And besides, YRC makes for a whole different kind of game.

I fucking love YRC man

Good for you.
I personally can't stand it and would love to go back, but hey, to each their own.

I sort of do that, but the plan falls apart halfway through. For example, I once played against a Pot and I figured out it was a bad idea to jump in against him since he had his anti airs down, so I switched my plan to work on the ground more. I was doing fairly well, but then I strayed from my new plan for a second and got blown up.

>would love to go back
Well?

... Whaddya mean "Well?"?
Are you asking if I play +R?
I don't, I've got nobody to play it with and it's dead online in my region.

>try to challenge Sol's round start options
>die
well

What character, fampai?

Ky

f.S

I tried f.s, his is faster than mine, and my HP vanished when he CH me with it.214K loses to round start F.S too, seems the only thing that can really contest f.s at round start is possible scum dipper

What do you want for your main in Rev2?

Anyone that doesn't create a dead general

A neutral game consisting of more than just 5HS.
But seriously, a command grab would be great. Maybe a long range low in Stance, like a sweeping kick while he turns around?

NO NERFS

YOUR TIME HAS COME ELPHELT

MY TIME HAS COME TWICE ALREADY SHE'S NOT EVEN THE BEST LET IT GO

>even neutral against Leo is now guessing if he's gonna high or low
AT LEAST I"LL BE SAFE IN THE SKYS

Are you withing 3 character hurtboxes worth of distance?
If yes, HIGH OR LOW, FUCKER!?

>Capcom ports two newer characters into SFII
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus RW with Elphelt and Bedman when Ishi?

Would the Plus R audience even want Elphelt?

Fuck that noise entirely senpai

+R audience doesn't hate the Xrd characters honestly. Just the mechanics of Xrd

well who can you recolor in MS Paint to look like elphelt or bedman

defend YRCs

protip: you can't___________

(you)

(You)

lmao

it's easier than FRCs

(You)

It's fun and makes meter so dynamic. There's never really a deadzone with your meter and for most chars you always have an option to use it.

Why does May hit so goddamn hard holy shit

HERE COMES A DAREDEVIL

>post yfw you're not a blazbabby

78 replies
0 Kermits yet
Don't let this die

Talk about gameplay

Anyone got into GG after Xrd here?

Not triying to be an elitist, i'm just curious, been playing since the missing link, played competitive GGXXAC, I play Xrd for shit and giggles now since I don't have the time to play competitive anymore.

Also ask anything to this old goober

It makes the game more accesible for BBers, also you can get more creative with mixups

I hate the slowdowns on new RCs though

Why do people like old GG more than new GG?

I started with Xrd, made me realize I like playing anime fighters

I could be a lot of factors, first, there's the looks, ols GG looks like a 90's badass anime while new GG looks more like an hybrid cartoon, second, people hate change, new RCs were a dealbreaker for a lot of people (not for me but I did laugh a lot when I tried them) old GG let's you get more creative with your combos and setups, so there os that too, also, old GG had a harder learning curve so, getting bodied by a new player just because the game is easier to get into is infuriating for some people.

Still I think that Xrd being what it is is the best route for the game, at least in terms of marketing

How do you feel about Xrd? And how do you feel about seeing your favorite(?) characters in 3d?

set

Sin's framedata on dustloop is outdated, is there any other source for xrd relevant information?

Did you check his discord?
discord.gg/G52vDxU

Nope, didn't check it yet. Thanks

Will any of you re-main Baiken? I've been screwing with Ky too long to switch, I think.

If I main Ky, would subbing Sol overlap too much?

Nah they're totally different

Is PS4 Revalator online still alive on the westcoast?

Can I just use Cheat Engine for World Dollars in Revelator for PC

or will I get banned

This fishing is awful

>old GG let's you get more creative with your combos and setups
Old GG doesn't even have RC slowdown.

yes

What's so awful about fishing?

If you live in California, maybe.

If people are serious about keeping this thread alive then someone should make a proper op for the next one.