/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Superior Gerudo girls edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/
It will include Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword cards.

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/yakusai no na wa ganon
translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/yakusai
translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/ato seinaru hime ga kore o fuuin
youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI#
reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5nw2jj/those_fluent_in_japanese_possibly_help_translate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do we have a name for her yet?

Camel is shut down for some reason.

Poor camel, reduced to a building

So much art already

whoops

I noticed that the only villain we've seen so far in BotW is Calamity Ganon, who is just an ominous ball of darkness hovering around in the distance. Are we going to have a character who shows up periodically to threaten Link? I know everyone has mixed feelings on Ghirahim and Zant, but having a continuous presence throughout the game helps sell the whole sense of doom. And this time it wouldn't even have to be a "haha there was a different big bad THE WHOLE TIME" asspull since we already know about Calamity Ganon. But he's gotta have a few minions besides random monsters, right?

You've been warned

Old man is Ganondorf so he'll have a presence throughout.

The flames are similar to SS when Fi slowly transforms into the master sword.

>Ganondorf was separated from Ganon and the Triforce
>Ganon without Ganondorf creates the Calamity Ganon
>Ganondorf actually gets his sanity and wishes to help Link
Hold up now.......
The old man in Zelda 1 is Ganondorf confirmed

or you know he's leading Link on so he can merge both back into one again

FISH WHEN?!

>confirmed

Huge house on that cliff

I bet the overall plot is just going to be finding the sages again and trying to seal Ganon away properly this time

green tunic when?

When did he appeared?

How about fish people?

I noticed during the trailer that not only does Calamity Ganon shift to look like the Pig Wizard from ALttP, Zelda 1/2 and so forth, but also into a feral boar form ala TP.

Is Calamity Ganon basically every timeline's Ganon fused together into just one massive Super Pig of Darkness that is threatening everything?

Alright, I think i'm finished with the webms. Let me know if you want a specific segment of the trailer I didn't upload.

>we've seen the bird
>we've seen the camel
now we just need the dragon and elephant

what are those things next to ganon?

Have a wonderful day.

>elephant
It's here Looks like the Dragon is Ganon fighting with Zelda, the one in white and using magic, and Link, who is using a sword.

oh fuck, and we've seen the Gecko
note: they were all mechanical, so are they important for progressing? interesting

These might be Hyrule's counterpart to Termina's 4 guardian giants. Notice how Ganon looks a bit like a chinese dragon (with a pig snout). Do you remember the chinese dragons of SS?

Wait didn't people manage to translate the symbols to the latin alphabet? Or were those different symbols

Also here.

Let's get to work niggas

Oh shit, I didn't notice it before

>I have no arms, but I must open chests.

HYPE

I'm pretty sure that's the Camel
2 reasons
legs are skinny
and that one part where Link is standing next to Red hair qt Gerudo, it's in a desert
and you know they kinda look the same so

Anyone have a full image of the map?

Be nice. She can do what Link does and kick it.

I don't understand. How do you know which letter is each symbol?

We need better scans. The faggot hides too many characters and the ones in the 3rd are almost unreadable.

I took those picture from the treehouse stream in-case someone didn't have a better one
I haven't seen one of the whole map in good detail

Here, have a little something made from this, for future shitposting purposes.

Some people dweebed out hardcore and figured it out. Old news at this point.

People managed to fit the symbols with words that make sense in certain parts in the game

i.e. one part is rotating gears with a couple of symbols and they figured out the symbols said "ROTATE" and those letters lined up with other words.

48 more days...
what shall I do for 48 more days...
I shall save up my money so I can actually pay for this

Only managed to make out one word

i never played zelda. but this game seems cool.
i may buy a switch for this and the new mario.

yakusai no na wa ganon

the calamity's name is ganon

Oh shit

translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/yakusai no na wa ganon

Might've made a mistake or two.
Having trouble making out any characters on the bottom of the map.

Letters from top down: ATOSEIN(finger)HIMEGAKOREWOHUUIN
will get back with letters at the bottom

is this true?

ato seinaru hime ga kore o fuuin

and the holy princess sealed this

Yes.
translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/yakusai

Those fucks put moonrunes inside of sheikah runes

厄災の名はガノン

>art already
Thirsty bastards, the lot of you.

Anyway, one can't help but notice that they went out of their way to make Link into premium grade fan girl bait. And the Gerudo are in this game. And you can travel to their town. Yeah.

The real question is how subtle the gag will be when it inevitably comes up, on a scale of 1-10. 1 being it's only vaguely implied, 10 being every citizen openly running a train on him in the street.

Senpai we're lorest deeping right now, come back later

That works if you drop the W and swap H for F. Did the artists make a spelling mistake?

See translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/ato seinaru hime ga kore o fuuin

just romanization differences with the actual pronounciation and what it's supposed to be represent

あと聖なる姫がこれを封印

Where to find new Zelda art?

youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI#

They show off the back of the map at 1:48:26
I'm sure someone can get a better look at the runes

you're amazing

BASED user

NOW, WHERE ARE YOU, TRANSLATOR-KUN

Looks like the figure to left of Calamity Ganon is Zelda/Hylia while the one to the right is Ganondorf/Demise.

This is some of what I manage to translate

I'm sorry to say that they got this from reddit.

reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5nw2jj/those_fluent_in_japanese_possibly_help_translate/

It's from reddit

rip. nonetheless, very good

who cares
their work is our benefit

If Zora people are now included on the game, does that mean Kass, that black bird and the new bird people are not related to Ritos? If so, then they must be descendant of loftwings, or not at all.

right side

(hy)rule ni tsutawaru yakusai no na wa ganon

the name of the calamity transmitted/passed down in hyrule is ganon

I'm going through some new gameplay videos and looking for any new text that hopefully hasn't already been translated

Looks like there's a second alphabet in botw?

Better angle

Stable?

I cut together the Zelda scenes.

left side

yuusha to seinaru hime ga kore o fuuin

the hero and holy princess sealed this

What a cutie

I'm also assuming it says stable, but it looks very similar to the Hylian from SS

I just noticed the fucking stingray-head in the background.

While cutting this together, I noticed that Zelda is hiding behind Link. Anyone else notice this? The trailer was focusing on Link, but if you don't slow it down, you're going to miss her.

I did, but only when I saw a breakdown of the trailer. I'm just hype as fuck for this game.

You might as also miss Link behind Zelda during the light magic scene.

Looks like she saves him from the guardian.

There's also a huge ass Zora behind the red one. You can notice it breathing

If my Zelda autism serves me right, looks similar to Twilight Princess's version of Hylian.

Perhaps we can use that for a lot of non-Shiekian text to figure out a lot of things.

Saw that bit for sure.

Man Fi is fucked up

Does this happen right after he pulls the master sword from the pedestal? It's gotta be considering it's all fucked up exactly as it's shown in the official art.

That's a first. Getting ambushed in what should be a glorious moment.

So I'm assuming guardian only attack Link and nothing else? Otherwise it would have locked on to Zelda.

Yeah I think it happens right after.

That would be my assumption

>Guardians only attack the person with the Master Sword
>They were once Guardians
>They got slaved
>mfw tulpanon was right all along

In case nobody posted a comparison. I shooped the spear out of Ganon's hand and he looks a LOT like the calamity

Well yeah, it's the calamity ganon
It would be weird if he didn't look like ganon

Yeah but it looks more like pig gannon than I had initially thought.