Ford wants to be a Ferrari

reddit.com/r/cars/comments/5q99zi/til_the_design_team_for_the_ford_gt_found_the_458/

>reddit

Over 3050lb bone dry, that's over 70lb heavier than a 675LT with oil, water and fuel, it also gets less than 70% of the mpg of the 675 in city and barely 80% of it on highway while being 3% down on power.

But has a proper V8 without a fag-turbo.

>Reddit

Pile of cancerous shit

>Ferd

Flaming pile of cancerous shit(literally flaming)

>Fordcucks have no defense

That engineer is the definition of a mega shill.

>Boast about turbocharger kits that will give unneccesary horsepower and ruin the overall balance of the car
>Boast about have to resort in a metric crap ton of active aero in order to compete with a car that doesn't have one, but has superior mechanical grip
>Admit it's a rolling ecoboost billboard, sacrificing potential performance because they were lazy

GG ford.

>ford still beat the piece of shit 675lt with a v6
rotflmao

>things everyone already knows
1. Ford cand design their own things
2. Ecoboost is decade old mazda stuff
3. Ford build things of poor quality and sells at the highest cost they can.
/thread

t. gm's marketing team

guess you have nothing left because the gt raped everything at gm

>reddit

umm no. if you know your history: ford wanted to buy ferrari, enzo ferrari pulled out of the deal so ford said make me a car that will beat him then, they built the car but carrol shelby had to refine it. 3 kiwis won in it. (bruce mclaren, dennis the bear hulme and chris amon all R.I.P.) fast forward 40 years ford repeated the feat.

Also remember that ford didnt design or build that car either.
Once again. Ford cant do shit except slap a badge on someone elses hard work.

Ford posted an $800m loss for 2016

Not even close. That's what Ford wants you to believe. It's marketing-bullshit.
GTE-class and Ferrari doesn't even compete in Wec (private teams AF Corse, Risi Competizione).

>being this retarded

50 years ago, they built a car that could take on and beat Ferrari at their own game because Enzo Ferrari snubbed Ford. Now, Ford wanna sit on Ferrari's coat tails so they can build super-duper fast cars that are kinda, maybe, sort of alright and are probably, conceivably, feasibly as fast as a Ferrari.

Nah. Just... nah

>1996 Ford gt places 1st in lemans using a v8
>2016 Ford gt places 18st in the lemans using a lolv6

really makes the ol' corn pop

Elaborate.

Who knows if any of that is true. The best part of the Speciale is the traction control strategy/trans firmware that allows a mediocre driver to feel like a driving god.
>but I want a raw car with no aids
I've driven a Challenge car with ESC disabled and it's way too much of a handful for the street, you could spin in backwards into a wall at 1/2 throttle if you weren't careful, the Speciale would be the same way. With tons of power and a MR layout you need great programming to make the car fun and fast. The Speciale isn't even that fast when compared to the C7 ZO6 etc., but it feels like you are going faster in the Ferrari. 458s are simple cars, there's no magic to it, it's just Ferrari spends way more time on driving dynamics than anyone else.

Post independent times, not just ford claims.

This is the real reason they had to pull out of the new Mexico plant.

1996 Porsche came first at Le Mans, Toyota made the only V8 to finish.

>no! the times are fake!
keep sperging, bitch

you lost to a v6 lol

>I wish I could afford one. But being the chief engineer on the program didn't pay well enough to let that happen....

As an employed engineer this really hurts, way too close to home

this is the problem with the neo GT.

it isnt about racing heritage, its just 'hey look at this car that looks like a better car but isnt as good!"

>Believing times from a marketing department
I'm not saying they are fake I'm saying you need an independent source not one with a vested interest in having a set result. I could take my car round any track faster than I take a Ford GT, publish the times and say with the same driver on the same day my car set a faster time. The times wouldn't be fake but they would be as reliable and believable as the Ford GT ones. It's also why when Tesla claimed the range of the Roadster was 200 miles you don't just take that as true you look at independent tests from motoring journalists who got substantially less, then you look at Tesla suing them and the court case being kicked out because the journalists could prove they only got 55 miles from a full charge and Tesla couldn't prove they could have manages 200. Never believe anything that comes from a company trying to sell you that product unless you can independently verify it.

>ferrari's fags in full force damage control after losing to a v6 in a 24 hour race
lmao

stay triggered. Your shitty mclaren lost. lol

>leddit xDDDDD

kill yourselves

Wasn't the last GT benchmarked on the 360CS

So you are just going to stick with fake times and be BTFO when the real ones come out and its slower than a Hellcat.

>this is what mclaren fangirls tell themselves