/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #651 - Cozy Egg Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7he7HGnxJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=t_c2RLiCHSk
store.archiecomics.com/series
store.archiecomics.com/series/detail/59/sonic-the-hedgehog
store.archiecomics.com/series/detail/114/sonic-universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LOOK! The Chaos Emeralds were hidden under his tongue the whole time!

reminder do not reply to shitters.

3rd for comics being cancelled

Reminder to not respond to shitposters. Just ignore & move on.

Don't tell me what to do, you're not the dad of me!

Might want to mention the significant discounts available for the Sonic trades in the News.

Your dad is dead

Kek

>mfw I realize It's Saturday with an extra day off work/school for most people thanks to an important black guy

So /sthg/ on this special 3 day weekend what are you:
>PLAYIN'
>WATCHIN'
>LISTENIN'
>EATIN'
>WHATEVERIN'

youtube.com/watch?v=I7he7HGnxJ0
What are you anons up to tonight?
Don't tell me you're all alone on a Saturday Night.

Someone edit BubbleBass as Eggman

What does /sthg/ think of the mobile games?

Any new episode of Sonic Boom? It's Saturday.

Watching AGDQ and playing some Super Mario Bros

Oh, I just remembered, is the newest episode of Sonic Boom up?

nth for cute

Recovering from a cold. Might mod out some Sonic games on steam.

I thought Runners as a game was good, but all the shit around it like the general bad performance and all the roulette bullshit ruined it to the point of destroying any interest I had in actually playing it.

Jump is garbage. Dash is fine.

>Sonic 06 happens
>comic gets a second wind around the same time
>Sonic Mania/2017 happen
>comic dies

at least we'll get to see TLSC blow up in Ken's face

I think Toby should draw it.

Playing the two games on WiiU worthwhile on Cemu

Thanking vishnu that I was able to fucking dodge that dumpster fire of a console.

What exactly is killing the comics? I've heard all this before

>Sega will kill it
>Ken will kill it
>Archie hurt itself in retardation
>Low direct sales

But it's still here.

>tfw no 3 day weekend here
Anyway, I installed Lost World, but I'm always adamant to start playing games, specially when I've never played them before, so I don't want to start.

>Playing the two games on WiiU
Smash and either Splatoon or XCX?

You literally can't sub anymore. It's over user

We have no clue what is going on.

One user on SSMB said they weren't able to renew their sub, so apparently, it's the apocalypse, & the comics are as good as gone. Apparently.

Sounds more like an error with their site rather than them not accepting them. Maybe they've decided to not use outdated shit for their site.

I cool with that. That time when he did that Naugus art was a nice surprise.

>Playin'
Been a busy day but I got some Silent Hill 2 up before.
Fucking hell this game is horrifying.
>Watchin'
Last thing I watched is Gravity Falls and now I'm getting tired of it cause my little sister is obssessed with the damn thing. Great show though.
>Listenin'
youtube.com/watch?v=t_c2RLiCHSk
>Eatin'
Devoured a whole bag of buttons lad.
>Whateverin'
Sorting out siblings clothes for school on Monday while our ma's ill.

Just about awake enough to shitpost here really.

That's my secret Captain.
I'm alone every night.

That kinda sounds like 'hurt itself in retardation'. Wasn't there something not too long ago about people renewing and then never getting their comics?

They only stopped accepting subs from The Sonic Comic and Universe. Not any of the other 40 archie things

No three-day here, but I'll love
>PLAYIN'
MTG Forge
>WATCHIN'
Mob Psycho 100
>LISTENIN'
Jet Set Live Radio
>EATIN'
Baked potato
>WHATEVERIN'
Being salty about not seeing the MLK sale code. Coulda saved $30.

Not wanting to start anything in this new thread, but what's with all the Korps hate coming from in the last thread. If it's the whole thing about people kept posting his art one at a time, I guess I understand, but since when was he considered a bad artist?

It's just shitposting, don't think about it.

Don't take shitposters' bait user. We've had people shit on S-Dash, Toby, and ABT for god's sake.

Exactly. It's clear that it's cancelled

see

A couple of anons just have a hateboner for him

>A couple
It's not even that. See

Guys, I don't want to look at some mediocre/bad fanfictions just fill the void of the comic dying.

Eh, it'll be fine.

>Sega will kill it
Sega does arbitarily and strange things but probably not that.
>Ken will kill it
He wounded it.
>Archie hurt itself in retardation
If Ken punched the comic in the gut, the hiatus was Archie was knifing it in the gut.
>Low direct sales
Comic shop sales have dropped 35% in the last two years. It's bad but no one knows if it's cancellation bad.

No need to. Just follow the Twitter and Boom to tide you over until the games

Calm down user. It's likely the comic at least won't end before the milestones this year. A lot can happen between now and then, like them partnering with another publisher or coming up with some other tie-in media. Even then, there's still the new games and Boom to keep you occupied.

I for one am not part of those subhumans. I just hate his drawings and personality.

What happened to this artist?

Good for you.

The whole "someone made a mistake" thing is dumb.

store.archiecomics.com/series

Sonic/Universe were on that page. Now they aren't. That was deliberate. Someone didn't spill coffee on a computer at Archie HQ and that somehow removed them.

Fuck off shitposter-kun

Yeah, sounds like maintenance work by a noob.

See? They're cancelled
Stop denying the truth user

>different opinions are now shitposting
Is this really what /sthg/ has become? Paranoid?

The denial is deep.

>Personality
He seems like a decent guy like most drawfags here.

>It's just my opinion that happens to be spouted in the exact same way as the resident shitposter
Try a new schtick shitposter-kun, maybe you won't be given away so easily
He is. Ignore shitposters

>Played games but with the autism of Sonic fans in general I always talked myself out of reading the comics or going to the general for years
>Finally getting around to start reading the comics got me to bite the bullet and admit to myself that I'm a Sonic fan
>Finally enter the general
>Comics cancelled

You guys just like to overreact, right? This is a technical mishap that happens regularly and you guys are just shitposting until things fix themselves, right?

>You guys just like to overreact, right? This is a technical mishap that happens regularly and you guys are just shitposting until things fix themselves, right?
But they are cancelled. Why else would they remove them from the site?

At this point no one knows, but considering all the rumours and dropping sales, it perhaps wouldn't be all that surprising.

see

>doomsaying is truth
Yeah, ok. I see why I was told to ignore you idiots.

There's no definitive news. It's not like Mega Man and Sonic Boom where the solicitations revealed the comics were canned. It might be a mishap, or the comics could actually be cancelled. We won't know until someone says something.

Why else would those be the only comics removed from the site?

Holy fuck, rude!!!

And there's the emeralds from Angel Island, too!

And there's my eggmobile!

W-What are they saying? I don't speak moon.

If the comics were actually being cancelled, why would they change the site before officially saying anything about it? That's just PR stupidity.

There's no official news, just a lot of rumors and odd occurrences.

Its been a while since I last tried to draw anything.
Ah well, shit art is better than Sparky and co at least.

>stupidity
>Archie Comics

To prepare things ahead of time

Neither do I but look at what Rouge does in the last panel.

If people buy it now and it gets canned, then they would probably have to offer refunds/switch people to different subscriptions. Stopping it now makes less busy work later if it is indeed the end.

store.archiecomics.com/series/detail/59/sonic-the-hedgehog
store.archiecomics.com/series/detail/114/sonic-universe

For what it's worth, the sub pages for both series still exist but there's nothing on them.

Yup, it's confirmed

Requesting a drawfag draw this, but with Thunderbolt holding an Eggman plushie

There has been a lot of doomsday talk, what with the unexpected hiatus, declining direct sales, another lawsuit, abt looking for commissions and more work, and the rumors on/near Christmas of the comic ending.

I must say, it is not very good looking on the outside. Only Archie knows what's going on.

Has anyone checked any of the creative teams twitter and such and see if they have addressed it in anyway?

Ian did talk about comic sales being fine not long ago, maybe he could/has squished this rumor.

Looked around some twitters but no direct mentions, it's mostly just nintendo switch stuff.

The closest was ABT's "welp that's that" a little while ago but that could have just been commission related.

An Eggman cardboard cutout would be better.

This is an inengine render based on the polygons, textures, and shadows.
I just wish they would add AA to the new Mario engine or just use something like TXAA, like the Hedgehog engine its pretty fucking good at what it does but needs some improvements.

I do feel like Peach and Bowser's kidnapping for 30 years should be given a review of some sorts.
Like Peach is continuously horrified at Bowser taking her. And by this point it's somewhat commonplace. I'm not saying she should be "I AM STRONG INDEPENDENT WIMMINZ" because Mario, Bowser and Peach is a love story that is as old as time, but more Peach should be on friendlier terms. I don't know, like Bowser gives her the decency to pack her overnight bag or Peach has it all ready with a book to pick up before she gets taken. Maybe have a nice discussion about the kids before Mario gets there. I mean, Bowser's not really evil as such to Peach, I don't think outside of the games you play as her he's laid a finger on her, moved her out of the way before smashing shit in one. She's more safe with Bowser than anything.
I don't know if this is done in the RPG's, although I know they have more character for everyone who isn't Mario.
THIS ISN'T SONIC WHEY
Bowser and Wily make for more relatable bosses than Eggman. Eggman is fun and all, in almost every iteration, but outside of the small ignored excerpt in how he looked up to his grandfather he hasn't got a human side. Wily is jealous but wouldn't hurt Light, Bowser is in love with Peach and won't have her hurt. Eggman cares about no-one. In fact, the person he seems to care most about other than him is Sonic, in a kind of creepy I can't be happy unless I have some banter in the day with him. I don't know, I just vastly enjoyed Wily than Eggman, and I fucking love Eggman.

Peach is a person of political importance, the fact that Bowser hasn't been executed for his crimes is amazing. The Mushroom Kingdom needs to just drop a bomb on his land and take the oil.

You know, I remember something about how Bowser originally kidnapped Peach because she possessed powerful light magic or something that could stop his dark magic.

And the FCBD Sonic comic getting suddenly replaced by Riverdale.

That was an instruction manual for Super Mario Bros. Peach could apparently undo Bowser's turning Toads to statues.

That would be better, yeah.

>implying the Mushroom Kingdom isn't ANCAP
Bowser has violated the NAP

So originally, Bowser kidnapped Peach to get her out of the way so that nobody could stop his plans... and then Mario and Luigi came in. Where did the romance angle come from?

>tfw stages in the Mega Drive Comic will be in Mania

I dunno, Super Paper Mario?

"It's just been revoked."

Is there any way to upload 'Sonic Music.zip" in .torrent?

NANI?

Ever since then, the series kind of ignored that Peach have some sort of magic power and that Bowser only kidnaps her out of wanting her to marry him or take over her kingdom.
Liking nuking the Dark Land/his castle is enough to kill him and his army.