Cigarette Lighter

Is it possible to use an old cigarette lighter in a new 12v accessory port? If not, how else could you get it to light cigarettes?

Also, what does Veeky Forums smoke?

should work

also i used to light up joints all the time but now i dab and its just not practical to carry your torch,waterpipe, concentrates, dabber, and carb cap in the car

i really want a cloud v then i could do dabs anywhere and its descreet enough where i could hide it or claim to be a subaroo owner

>smoking in your car

There is no reason why it wouldn't work. The ports haven't changed at all, except some now are able to deliver more power.

Why smoke when you can
VAPE
A
P
E

>not being able to flick a match while driving
JUST

Quit fucking with your phone and get back on the right side of the road. Fucking retard.

Me? I only smoke Marijuana in my ride. I'm not you grandpa who has to feind for a little head high of those cancerous sticks you fucking gullible dinosaur

I know that there is a specific 12v port for the cig lighter in my durango, and would not work in any other outlet or in any in my other car.

It's not like anyone who smokes thinks that cigarettes are good for them. They're just enjoyable every now and then.

>Is it possible to use an old cigarette lighter in a new 12v accessory port?

*WARNING* Not all 12 volt accessory ports are made to handle the heat of a cigarette lighter. Not all 12 volt accessory ports are made with the grapple clips that cause the lighter body to spring backwards.

In some cars, the manufacturer supplies a different module which includes both the 12volt port AND the manufacturer-approved cigarette lighter for that port.

OP has not clarified what he means by NEW port. Is that the new OEM port within a new car? Or is that a new accessory port he purchased from a 3rd party chinese maker to be plugged into an existing port? Or is it a new accessory port from a chinese supplier that is re-wired into the car to be an auxiliary power port? The chinese accessory power ports are typically made of low heat plastic.

>Vape
And how many times have you taken it up the ass today?

gosh that steering wheel looks uncomfortable
you should get a cover for it!

>he inhales water vapor
>he must be gay

trump voter logic everybody

>vape fags desperately trying to deflect

>confirming you're a faggot
you could've stopped while you were ahead

It's p comfy, super thin and very nice to hold while driving. Massively padded steering wheels have less places to put your handd

>I know that there is a specific 12v port for the cig lighter in my durango

Yes, that's because cigarette lighters have a lot of heat. If the user does not remove the hot lighter from the port immediately, low heat plastics will melt due to the lighter being a hot chunk of glowing coiled metal ribbon. All that heat has to go somewhere. That's why a real cigarette lighter port is made of heat resistant materials.

Normal 12 volt accessory power outlets save money by not being made that way. Whether or not your car manufacturer made the outlets expensively or not is up to the manufacturer's sense of ethics and how it expects users to use the car.

Can a chinese car be expected to put expense into every 12 volt accessory outlet? Or will chinese cars increase profit by citing the destruction of the port was due to customer error and thus not covered by warranty?

A melted port runs the risk of an electric fire later on since wire insulation (not visible on exterior view) may be damaged. Or certain electrically energized metal parts of opposing polarity may be distorted and come too close to each other.

>If not, how else could you get it to light cigarettes?
You buy one of those cigarette lighter accessories. It fits into an existing cup holder area and has a power cord that plugs into the 12v accessory port. The cigarette lighter comes with the accessory.

When you pull out the lighter, you see that the port for a cigarette lighter uses a ceramic backplate for the center connector. It doesn't melt.

My new GM car had an option that included a cigarette lighter port. Since the car came with 12v accessory ports, that implied the existing ports were not qualified for cigarette lighters. Otherwise, why would it be an option?

>Also, what does Veeky Forums smoke?
Marijuana oil is available for vape pens. It's sold by various stores in states that allow recreational marijuana. When visiting those states, you can stock up on THC vape oils before driving back to your home state.

CTR vape brigade confirmed not dead yet

he resorts to racism and generalizes an entire country

>average trump voter

swap that bitch out for a momo detachable wheel

>smoking
why

I can rest my hand on those padded steering wheels. Really thin narrow hard ones like yours are uncomfortable for me unless I rest my hand like you do on top of the wheel in a "superman pose" as if I was flying forward.

I usually just chill with my fingers between the right spoke and my left arm out of the window it my left hand doing that and my right arm across the bench.

Trust me, it's not bad at all unless it's cold, then it chills to the bone

>why
because drinking while driving is not recommended

>why
Drink.
Smoke.

After some rest, Cool Cat is ready for the next day.

Newports mostly

Because I can't smoke weed and vaping is underwhelming.

As far as I know you can. I did it in a 2015 corolla.

Marlboro Menthol 100s mostly.
Switched to mainly vaping in the past month cause it doesn't affect my run time as much. And with that I vape SubZero juice.

>muh drug is better thun yers
you're fucking retarded

found the butthurt shillary tool

Have you ever used a car cigarette lighter?
Because it doesn't sound like you have.

>smoking
>yfw smokers get more radiation exposure than is legally allowed to US radiation workers by the NRC, and over 26 times greater than background radiation levels
Enjoy your cancer

are you enjoying yers faggot

I enjoy my Cuban deathsticks thoroughly.

Turkish Royals
You shouldnt smoke in your car btw.

>If not, how else could you get it to light cigarettes?
A mate of mine smokes in his car a fair bit. Cigarettes, joints, that sort of shit. He usually just lights up at a stop or on a straight road.

That's how they are. They cannot refute the logic in this thread, so they resort to their old liberal attack of "u racist" or some template one-liner ad hominem where they offer no proof they are even 1% right.

They're part of the trolling plague on Veeky Forums that everyone complains about. They don't post ideas. They just post personal attacks.

not always.
you got to check if lighters can be safely used in them. my owner manual says no for my car.

12 volt cigarette lighters are from the age of zippo lighters and ronsonol lighter fluid. All completely obsolete and inefficient products.

>smoking
>radiation
really?
I never knew that, I thought the cancer was purely from muh carcinogens

Can you please explain what's actually wrong with it instead of spewing bullshit like that? Also what's wrong with zippos?

>smoking .... radiation
>really?
Some plants absorb certain elements more readily than others. For example brazil nuts have more radiation than other nuts. Banana plants absorb a certain potassium isotope more than others and so ends up with slightly higher radioactive content than other foods. Rice plants readily absorb arsenic like a sponge so if you have coal smog, the rice plants will suck the arsenic part out of the air and put it in your rice kernels.

>be me
>Anticipating OP's impending lung cancer

I vape to quit smoking. My clothes don't stink, my breathe isn't rank and I can go up a flight of stairs without feeling winded.

Also,
>sucking on little white phallus
>not gay

>I'm irradiating myself by smoking
Blyat

Do I count...I'm using an ecig to quit smoking

>Is it possible to use an old cigarette lighter in a new 12v accessory port? If not, how else could you get it to light cigarettes?

It should work fine

Apparently dick, at least for me.

Hello fellow dick smoker

>ewww it's old
quality argument faget

Radon gas that comes up through the ground decays and eventually makes its way through the decay chain to Po-210 which is a powerful alpha emitter
This polonium is not in the tabaco leaves since they sit very low to the ground, and when you smoke it the polonium is in your lungs and the alpha radiation is what an lead to cancer
Not to say that all the other carcinogens don't play their part but yeah smokers get their lungs irradiated a good deal

>its just not practical to carry your torch,waterpipe, concentrates, dabber, and carb cap in the car
I used to do this

>tfw trying not to torch down top
Oil pens may not be as strong but they're GOAT for stealthiness

this. Car doesnt take up the smells and you dont have to deal with ash. Top tier

>smoking the herbal Jew
>ever

Pepsinigger is that u

I'd imagine it'd work. I think you ought to check your specific model, though. Could be different.

Is it true that a lot of European countries are switching to that ugly plain packaging?