/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 14th:
1301 – Andrew III of Hungary dies, ending the Árpád dynasty in Hungary.
1858 – Napoleon III of France escapes an assassination attempt.
1943 – World War II: Japan begins Operation Ke, the successful operation to evacuate its forces from Guadalcanal during the Guadalcanal Campaign.
1943 – World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill begin the Casablanca Conference to discuss strategy and study the next phase of the war.
1953 – Josip Broz Tito is inaugurated as the first President of Yugoslavia.

>News
CK2 DD36 - The Witching Hour
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-36-the-witching-hour.993525/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

playdiplomacy.com/
backstabbr.com/
webdiplomacy.net/
strawpoll.me/12104815/r
strawpoll.me/12110970
store.steampowered.com/app/251060/),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

Anyone interested in getting into diplomacy? Seems like it would be right up /gsg/'s alley.

Diplomacy proceeds by seasons, beginning in the year 1901, with each year divided into two main seasons. Each season is further divided into negotiation and movement phases.

Negotiation phase

In the negotiation phase, players communicate with each other to discuss tactics and strategy, form alliances, and share intelligence or spread disinformation about mutual adversaries. Negotiations may be made public or kept private. Players are not bound to anything they say or promise during this period, and no agreements of any sort are enforceable.
Communication and trust are highly important for this strategy game. Players must forge alliances with others and observe their actions to evaluate their trustworthiness. At the same time, they must convince others of their own trustworthiness while making plans to turn against their allies when least expected. A well-timed betrayal, commonly called a backstab or stab, can be just as profitable as an enduring, reliable alliance.

Movement phase

After the negotiation period players give secret orders for each unit; these orders are revealed and executed simultaneously. A unit can move from its location to an adjacent space, support an adjacent unit to hold an area in the event of an attack, support another unit to attack a space, or hold defensively. Fleets may transport armies from one coast space to another. Only one unit may occupy each region. If multiple units are ordered to move to the same region, only the unit with the most support moves there. If two or more units have the same support, a standoff occurs and no units ordered to that region move. You can support any and all units on the board, not merely your own, hence why negotiations are of utmost importance.

Possible sites for online play:

playdiplomacy.com/
backstabbr.com/
webdiplomacy.net/

We saw your post already, stop spamming.

>distant worlds
Why do steamcordplaza push this meme?

k lads

A single post per thread is not spamming buddy, and by "we" you mean "you", especially when the first post was made towards the tail end of the dead thread.

No need to be a dick for the sake of it.

why are you a virgin

Report and IGnore makes these threads early so he make the first post with his phone seconds later

>go for achievement
>1st try
>Venice and ottomans break each other
>ally Austria
>they get Hungary
>steam roll area
im so damn bad at this game but got lucky as hell

Is doing this myself and then changeownering the state over to Russia cheating? I don't want to wait years to get muh pops
It was just for the memes, and I thought it looked nice. I'll change it back if you want

Go away beggar

played it last night

How'd it go? What service do you use? and lastly, would you be interested in a game organized from here?

No need to beg around when people clearly showed no interest in it

Wrong, I was pretty interested in it. Keep pretending you speak for everyone though

Does allying Austria and Hungary work to kill the ottokikes?

If people were interested in it you wouldn't need to beg around and cry no one replied to your first post would you?

ever notice how every germany player is a virgin?

yes,
\
and i guess you re going for the mare nostrum achivement right?

I'm actually rather interested in how you've come about that information.

You realize that, including the last thread, there are at least 4 different people who talking about that game now don't you?

Or do you simply enjoy negative attention?

common sense m'lad

OK LADS, should we add Diplomacy to the infopic??

I am pretty interested actually Mr. Edge. Want to see if a game gets set up, meanwhile I am reading the rules (or rahter watching the tutorual posted in the last thread).

No its shit and broken

new thread when

when this one gets 700 more replies

Better borders soonTM

More like 650 and then R&I will make the thread and get the first post before linking in this thread

I merely posted it because it struck me as something that would interest you guys. It has an era a bunch of you like, it has the best negotiations/politics and that an aspect of games that always gets posted here no matter what game, it has conquering and defeating adversaries while seeing your own empire grow.

Wouldn't call it grand strategy per se, but on the flip side I can't see how someone can enjoy grand strategy and then claim not to like something like diplomacy.

it doesn't matter since R&I is fucking autistic and didn't even use the new infopic. He just uses his own version that takes out games he doesn't like.
It sounds fun but if 2-3 people join with the intention of memeing it up wouldn't the game just be ruined?

t. Diplomacy pro

based MP lads raping G*rma*y

Yes, would make for a great MP addition for our thread, honestly nobody is ever going to play any of the standard /gsg/ games "properly" in MP.

You can play Diplo while playing your other games, and it would also be a great source of greentexts and pictures that would make the thread more varied than yet another "look at my grobdeutschlandblöb" despite the OP clearly stating we aren't interested in more geraniumblobs.

I feel like if I joined MP I'd play somewhere safe like US or Argentina and just watch from a distance desu :B

>le ebin blobbers
Kys faggots

Fucked up hard by taking Anti-Rationalism in 1900, delaying my gas attack/defense for way too long, leaving me with expending way too much manpower, but that is the Russian way I suppose. Naval blockade and the defense of France was w&b tho. Also, no Russian province was ever occupied by Germany in this war.

t.slavoslav

Germany is a disease that must be contained.

>defense of France was w&b
You mean the Austro-Hungarian defense of France while the French army tried to kill the French resistance.

Also #1 in Industry lads.

>It sounds fun but if 2-3 people join with the intention of memeing it up wouldn't the game just be ruined

Well if they are "memeing it up" in the sense of just trolling around and not playing the game "properly/to win", then they will be out of the game within no time.

If you mean it in the sense of forming an "unbreakable alliance" at the start of the game, well that is simply part of the game, and there are two things about this game that make that a non-issue.
Firstly those alliances are usually super obvious and lead to everyone else in the game teaming up against it.
Secondly there is no such thing as an unbreakable alliance in this game, at some point someone is going to backstab their alliance for the sake of winning. I have only seen 2 games end in a three way draw, and I have played this game countless of times

Oh shit you got me.

>start meme jianzhou > manchu > qing game
>this happens almost immediately

Time to attack korea I guess since ming didn't ally them.

Yes, that, whilst Russia poured a gorillion peasants into German gas.

>GR ragequitting
white and based

I did clear pretty much all of France of rebel occupation later tho :^)

>ebin blobbers

The only reason we shit on germany was so he would stop blobbing like a madman, he ate all of belgium, almost ate all of Holland, and blobbed in Africa.

He could have won easily too, he occupied almost all of France and had almost no home provinces occupied in Europe. He never made a solid front in France and got BTFO. AH even offered to join him if he gave up a state but he refused.

>tfw entire european army stackwiped twice

>Germany is a disease that must be contained
Nice reddit mp

IIRC all you have to do is take a single province, they then lose the mandate of heaven giving them +10 militancy in every province.

Maybe this place wouldn't be such a shit stain if it had more women.

>US
>safe
A lad playing as the US lost to a new guy who had just picked Canada when rehosting and ragequitted

strawpoll.me/12104815/r
still more women than reddit

Show boipucci

Gloriouskike is the cancer of MP.

How does the US lose to Canada?

There's no sense in trying to pretend that game was a fair fight, it was a 5v1. All my good generals died early on.

Jesus ming is going ham this game.

/cgl/ is full of women, and it is shithole.

t.sends 900k troops into Saar as Austria-Hungary and Ottomans occupy 25% of your country.

Apparently the steppe bonus to armies is really OP, maybe use that?

>women
>gsg

strawpoll.me/12110970

strawpoll.me/12110970

yes because fighting 3 GPs is hard enough

>it doesn't matter since R&I is fucking autistic and didn't even use the new infopic. He just uses his own version that takes out games he doesn't like.

Sad, because I haven't looked at the infopic ever, I just post whatever strategy game I am currently playing here and there is nothing he can do to change that.

t. one of your resident WitP players

>Spain inherits Burgundy in 1469 with a Trastamara on the throne

Even worse, the war started against AI Canada for them to become an American puppet and give Newfoundland to the UK, then the game crashed around 1897, which was when we rehosted and the new guy decided to pick Canada. Canada then occupied all of New England up to Pennsylvania plus Cascadia and the Midwest (though the later 2 were already occupied by the AI), won a bunch of battles with around 30 stacks against the UK's expeditions (+180k men overall, apparently) and America's entire army + mobilization. Then the UK player tried to white peace, Canada player rejected, the US player ragequitted, the UK player went to sleep, and the Canada player decided to leave too circa 1902, leading to a simple white peace.

Why does R&I support distant worlds? It's a fucking meme space game.

>it's a hugbox europe mp episode

Which NV should I pick? Also großThailandiums

DW isnt the problem here. He hates Aurora which is mentioned right next to DW in the new infopic.

order

incidentally the best answer for a non meme-genocide china

Should I do it?

I hate both games as I have no interest in non map based history games.
>hehe but its not about you
In my opinion the only games we allow should be like V2, HoI, EU, CK, MotE, why throw a random space game in?
>muh technical definition of grand strategy
Literally everything could fall under this, fucking connect 4 takes strategy and is pretty grand, should we post that too?

That's BS, you only really ever fought 2 GPs at a time, and you were winning the entire war until we killed your doomfleet and blockaded you. The only time you ever fought 3 or 4 players at once was at the end

>Declare war on France, Russia joins in
>Germany only country with gas attack besides ottomans, 2-3 techs above everybody
>Japan also joins in but is fighting westernized Qing and does fuckall for 3/4ths of the war
>BTFO France, France has about 30 brigades left to the german 200 in France, gets overrun
>Ottomans and AH join in to prevent germany from overrunning 2 GPs and blobbing like a madman
>After trying to save southern France entire Ottoman european army is destroyed, it took 3 months to make a 27k stack to actually help out in Turin after that, so I wasn't even able to do anything
>France has no brigades on the continent, literally only fighting 2 people at this point
>fail to invade Turn and get BTFO
>Send every single one of your brigades in France in a battle near Savoy, Ottoman and AH armies go around your army and make a new front
>after 2 years Japan and France finally get to Europe from Africa/Asia, Russia only ever occupied anything eastern in the last year
>lose

>order
But that's the boring one. How is it the best?

Yes. Form Rome as an English empire.
Also, how the fuck?

Lmao. Well done Canadalad

It basically boils down to him getting some sense of control or power from it,. In reality I don't think anyone really looks at the OP infopic, new players might read it to get a sense for what sort of games get discussed here, but 5 posts into the thread they realize they are merely guidelines.

I mainly play and post Grigsby games, I came here one day, saw the games on the list (HoI3 etc.) and knew I was in the right place despite WitP not being specifically mentioned.

Actually he didn't do shit other than winning 3 major battles in Ontario, Newfoundland and rural New York as well as rejecting reasonable peace offers, everything else the AI already had done for him. The US already had 100% WE when he came on because the US player refused to mobilize until he realized how many a 1.5m pops Canada can mobilize (which led to AI Canada occupying New England and even NYC as well), and the British player was retarded with his stacks because he was actually paying attention in how the European tenstions would end up like (WW1 started a bit before the US player ragequitted).

Isn't their a wargame general? Not meming I just can't be arsed searching.

You say this like stackwiping 300k player stacks with the AI organized troops was easy anyhow. Canadalad was based.

Well ming declared on my oirat ally and I foolishly thought we might be able to win a war if I could catch out a few stacks

He walked over me entirely, then korea declared war.

Not sure this campaign is still worth playing. Although I'm interested in how big this hyper aggressive ming will get before exploding.

You don't seem to want the assimilation bonus of Equality

You probably make enough money already, though in this meme campaign I cant be too sure so Productivity is out.

Autocracy... maybe...

>before exploding.
Do they explode for no reason?

>le swedish congo of historical accuracy

>you'll never join an ongoing MP near WW1, pick a minor power, ruin the fun of 2 of the biggest 4 powers in the whole world, make them flee the game entirely and leave like nothing happened within 5 years

If the lose Mandate of Heaven they explode into like 10~ Chinese minors.

We dominant minority now
:^)

At some point they typically lose mandate of heaven causing rebellions.

I've seen it happen in my last 5 or so campaigns, so its almost certain to happen.

Has simsulla made NWO non garbage yet?

HPM made it so that countries such as China India or something can't assimilate their own culture group in their cores in the latest patch.

ie: A min or Yue laborer in Beijing won't assimilate. You will only be able to assimilate the Asian minor pops in the west.

There used to be, but it was for the PC game named literally "war game" (store.steampowered.com/app/251060/), it died out as popularity for the game waned, and I believe it was taken over by plane sim players and is now /simgeneral/.

There has never been a general for "actual" wargames, so I come here to discuss and post about them, and considering I am not the only one to do it I think I am here to stay. Worth noting is that I nor others who enjoy the subgenre do not partake in trying to push out the established games of this thread.

In short this is the best fitting general for a subgenre that doesn't really generate enough traffic to warrant its own general.

How do you have so many RPs?

Please give me a fun country to play in DH Kaiserreich, and an objective.

Don't worry lad I've made some other minor edits to my HPM copy
Got western sailors and both education reforms, hopefully now that my pops have been shoah'd enough I won't get absolutely raped

wargame general was for actual wargames too. Look up any archive of it from last year for proof

Well that's great, but have you considered fucking right off?

>tfw you will never fight an eight year long war with 10 million deaths to make sure Roussillon stays French

I like that Germany won every battle in 1901-1902 and still lost

t. R&I

We're now approaching #RealYankHours.
Sit back and relax as you watch unecessary ideological meme fights and falseflaggers going past the logical limits you have previously imagined.