Thoughts on the new Miata?

Thoughts on the new Miata?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Mazda._.Model.MX-5.)_.AdsWith.Roadworthy Certificates.)&sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=Price&offset=0&setype=sort&q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Mazda._.Model.MX-5.)_.AdsWith.Roadworthy Certificates.)&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

124 looks better.

I disagree

I agree

this is now a fiat 124 thread.

I disagree as well.

Question:
Go standard or Abarth?

Have you even seen these things in person? I thought they looked pretty alright but then went to the dealer and everything is weird, big, and uncomplimentary for a car the size of a miata.
Like for example the rear lights. They're fucking HUGE. Looks like fiat recycled parts from their SUV's or something

I dont think so

definitely looks better than the tryhard derpy Miata anyway

Still gay

>watching gaki right now.

rear looks fine to me. it would look odd if they had dinky lights like the miata.

I dont know the price point of the abarth but I do know you only get 4hp more with the abarth and that cool as fuck black matte hood. Personally Id go standard.

I like it. I think an electric version would be cool.

Me too. The 124 looks bland by comparison.

everyone at the salon is going to be jealous :^)

Drove past one in my na a week ago. Like the look on pictures but looks wierd in real life

Never understood this meme. All hairdressers I've seen driving have the blandest appliance cars ever.

On The Grand Tour they said that the standard 124 is nowhere near to the Miata, unless you want the faster Miata, in that case get the Abarth.

The Abarth 124 Spider has 170hp, which is 30 more than the regular 124. I can't find sources on the +4 hp version however.

>The Abarth 124 Spider has 170hp
Not in the US.

The problem is that you are taking trolls seriously.

The Clinton era was a much more prosperous time where even a hairdresser could afford a sportscar.

I've googled a bit, here's the deal:
In the USA the car has a 160hp engine, and the Abarth gets 164hp, in the rest of the world the regular engine has 140hp, while the Abarth gets 170hp. Moreover some stuff is optional for one market while it's stock in the other.

The real difference from the regular to the Abarth is that the latter one has a limited slip differential.

>ywn be this smug

I was able to pass one with a 280hp semi truck. Pretty pathetic.

It's so beautiful, I love everything about it. 2,400 pounds, retractable roof, 2 seater, enough power to be using all the car all the time plus the styling of it is will be Classic in 30 years.

>rain

Good job, you "beat" someone who wasn't racing you

You sound like the kind of person who throws shit at joggers

>that squinty gook catfish front
>those way-to-small tail lights that trail off like eyeliner on a mexican hooker

I really dont understand why people like the looks of this car.

The RF has great lines, but it's not a spider anymore: it's a targa. And the electrically actuated hardtop goes a bit against the philosophy behind a roadster, which should be light and simple, unlike the contraption that open and closes your roof.

Also, the Fiata has a much better front end than the Miata: I really can't stand that smug catfish face, while the 124 is so elegant and yet so expressive.

What I like the most about the 124 is that it just looks like a fucking car. No stupid giant ass grill, no stupid ass face on it.

Thats a Miata RF, at least post a picture of the normal Miata.

Nope, shits ugly. that front end is offensive

I will be going into serious debt if Fiat has the balls to make the 124 coupe a fastback.

Agreed. My ultimate wish is that it will have a hatch...mmm Italian clown shoe...

abarth all the way
and tune that bitch immediately, even if you keep the tune moderate that's an easy 200whp which on an ND miata is magical

there's rumors of a hard top coupe 124 as well...

Dude the fiat is an absolute piece of shit even compared to the base club ND. Why would I want turbo lag on my roadster or want it to be a fiat when I could get the best Miata since the NA?

>there's rumors of a hard top coupe 124 as well...
its happening m8. just no word if its a fast back like or if its going to be like

>that front end is offensive
Agreed absolutely. Though I'm not a big fan of the squinty eyed Miata either.

woo
fast back would be so fucking tits, like a better gt86
i'd be ok with a fixed roof hardtop though

Nah we were racing. You could see the tears and bugers streaming down his face as I passed him.

What this guy said

it's actually kind of weird how much better the abarth looks than the standard 124 even though the changes are relatively minor cosmetic stuff

Rumors state that there will be a coupè. Nothing official on the actual design tho.

Onestly I think the spider will be better nonetheless, and this comes from a guy that loves the lines of a roadster coupè. The retractable soft top is just better under every aspect.

>Why would I want turbo lag on my roadster
Just keep the revs up m8
>or want it to be a fiat when I could get the best Miata since the NA?
Dude they're literally the same car. What changes is the engine, and the Fiat 1.4 Multiair is a good engine, and the bodywork, and that's up to personal taste. If you get the Abarth, you also get a limited slip diff (that a Miata doesn't have), Brembo brakes (that a Miata doesn't have), and an exahust system that's tuned to sound just great (that a Miata doesn't have).

that lag is well known on the 500 abarth but that can actually be mitigated a decent bit with a tune, i'm not sure why the factory tune is so weirdly peak-y

I though that render looked familiar as fuck. kek

>modernized del sol/mr2 hybrid

would buy

Well, that's the line of a roadster coupè lol
Not much else you can do.

Fastbacks are my fetish, I'd give my left nut for a 124 Abarth fastback.

Hell, I'd give my left nut for a plain old miata with a fastback, then I could do the FM LS swap and have a seriously nasty miats

It's a shame that to make the US-spec 124 look like that, you'd need to get the matte hood option, which is rare, then get the red trim bits imported or some shit, since all you can get here is black.

>I'd give my left nut for a 124 Abarth fastback
Apparently you can do a FM LS swap with the new Miata too, which means you can do it with the 124.

>still no fixed roof version, just this retard-tier targa
Fuck off Mazda, I hate you

aww what the hell, that's pretty lame
although you could vinyl wrap the hood and trunk professionally, same with the mirrors, and get the same effect

I doubt a real coupe will happen.

For some unknown magical reason low beltlines are apparently still allowed for convertibles and targas but everything else is now bloated as fuck due to pedestrian safety.

A 124/Miata coupe would mean a coupe with 80's/90's proportions. This is ((not allowed)) anymore.

Thanks for the new steam avatar user

>Fiat

When you absolutely need to spend $20,000+ USD to prove to the world how stupid you are.

What did we mean by this?

carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Mazda._.Model.MX-5.)_.AdsWith.Roadworthy Certificates.)&sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

>5-15k for a fucking MX5

Oh and new ones cost $40k

carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=Price&offset=0&setype=sort&q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Mazda._.Model.MX-5.)_.AdsWith.Roadworthy Certificates.)&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

its all mazda except for the body/engine and the fiat 1.4 is actually decent. im still going to wait a few years to see how it all goes before i decide about getting a 124.

>Australian dollars