Tfw I love cars and lurk Veeky Forums

>tfw I love cars and lurk Veeky Forums
>I have to buy a car because of my job
>I only have 3500 bucks equivalent of money
>I can chose from the shittiest of the shitboxes
W-why wasn't I born in a richer land user?WHY!?!?

Stop being a fag and buy a CRX to fix up over time

Shiiiiet, if I had 3500 to spend on a car...

I'd have me a nice Third Gen Camaro/Trans Am
Or a 5.0 Foxbody Stang
Or a BMW with manual and leather.
Or a sweet 240SX
Or a Prsche 944
Or a 80's 4x4 full size of some sort
Or a RX-7 that was decently maintained
Or pimp ass 70's Cadillac boat
Or a clean crisp reliable Civic with a 5-speed
Or whatever unicorn I could find on Craigslist that suits my needs.

Those are all SHIT cars minus the civic with 5spd

He has to go to work.
None of those cars would reliably get him there

I paid $3500 total for these two cars

>Or a Porsche 944
Don't do this. Any 944 for under 5-6k will need repairs and you'll end up spending over 5-6k in the end anyway.

RIP fenders

Except maybe the Porsche and the BMW, you shouldn't come across any issue that couldn't be fixed, provided you drove it around to ensure it was in working condition at the time of sale.

No craigslist in my country, I'm from Eastern Europe. Around 3500 here are only shitboxes from 56 to 90 horsepowers. Civic would be good, but as I said, a 2001 civic with 70 hp isn't exactly a great thing to drive. Good looking miatas start around 5000.

does any of them even drive?

i couldn't deal with that rust it would drive me insane

>Eastern Europe
Look for German cars. Half of all ex-company cars from the west gets sent that way once their lease runs out, and the rest goes there once they need more in repairs than the vehicle is worth so there's tons of cheap parts for them.

Race me and find out

Weight reduction

that thing is death on wheels, even the suspension is rusted lmao

Well there are a shitton of old bmw 316s here. I'll probably go with one of the, but I fear that I'll have to spend an unholy amount on maintenance. These are mostly well past their 250.000th km.

Again, since all of them got shipped off there, parts should be plentiful and cheap.
Try and find something with a bigger engine though, the 16 is ungodly slow. Just ask Dodek.

Is that even 100k miles in America?

c'mon faggot that aint bitch shit

That's surface rust. The track bar did break a few months ago and I replaced it. It gave me plenty of warning though.

It's like 155k freedom units.

Well, i hope you inspected it well. Do you plan on restoring the body or is it just a beater?

>No craigslist in my country, I'm from Eastern Europe

Which country to be precise?

>Canada
>could pick up an Evo I or II for that much

Yeah on the test drive I crawled around under it and beat on the frame real good with a hammer and jumped it over some of those parking lot islands with the dirt and grass growing in them to see if anything in the suspension would break. Since it has lowish miles I was thinking about trying to get new fenders, doors and bed the cab has pretty bad rust right on one of the mounts so I decided to just put that money into the fox instead. It's more fun to wrench on, less pressing since it's not my DD and it turns way more heads too - not that the ram doesn't get attention too.

You are just wrong....

Hungary.

Anyway, this morning I looked around 2 dealerships and browsed the net, most of the bmws under the pricelimit are rustbucket 316s. There was one pretty good Mini Cooper imported from Germoney, so far that's my best shot unironically. I also saw a 2002 Toyota Celica that's in surprisingly good condition. The rest are 70hp shitboxes from the 2000-2007 era.

Where u located?
I'll sell u my DD truck on the cheap and you'll have money left to buy a shitbox to play with

$3500 could probably get you an integra gsr

It's about as fast as an fr-s LOL

>fast
>fr-s
Pick one

For 3500@u$ drongodoos I could get a LS1 t56 SS dunnydoor with fully siiik mods

shit man, even here in Poland 3500$ would get you something cool (not necessarily reliable though)

You know, you could just get a Twingo for 1k eurobucks and live the meme for a while until you save up enough for something nicer.
And by the time you can afford something nicer, you'll probably be way too attached to the Twingo to ever let it go.

If you can't find a decent car for 3.5k, I don't know what to tell you.

get an older 125cc bike

you will not regret it.

search for an Ion Redline its the fastest you can go for the money and the most reliable

>Saturn
>in eastern Europe

there are some oddball american imports here in Poland
I saw a Saturn SC, chevy berretta, cavaliers, sunfires, some F-bodies etc
Most of them were brought back here by people coming back from the US (they could do so without any import fees)

ahh did not realize commiland country. looks like youre gettin a golf!! wooooo

>>RX7
>>>>Shit
Promptly KYS

Are cars really that expensive in Hungary? Are there import fees on other EU countries?

YOUR HOUSE WAS PROPABLY 3500$