Why do crossovers get so much hate?

Aside from the lack of performance crossovers are literally good at everything. Economy/space/utility...and the list goes on....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKDd_Z-JxIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because immature morons exist

/thread

from the people who brought you THE CUBE....

HUBBA HUBBA. BBY y u so rare

Because aside from the FX35, crossovers are boring as shit.

DAS WURFEL

>If I keep posting this thread every day, some day someone will take this shitty car that my wife forced me to buy seriously!

Lel forever single miata cuck spotted

Yep. You keep livin' that crossover life, bro, I'm sure you have to literally wash the used panties off your car every day.

performance isn't why we hate them.
we hate them because everything they do can be done better and more efficiently by a station wagon
Most wagons now even have AWD options.
and CUVs are no safer than wagons these days.
There is nothing a CUV can do that a wagon can't do better

There are hardly any wagons on the us market.

And who's fault is that?

Fuck if I know. I assume its because wagons have some uncool tab from the 90s or something.

this is why crossovers are universally hated by car people.

Implying that anyone cares what "car people" think. Most "car people" are those dickheads that you see going 25 over and weaving in and out of traffic. Usually the same people you see later down the road after colliding with a minivan with kids in it.
>MUH CAR PEOPLE.

Subaru (outback), BMW (3 series), Mercedes (e-class), Audi (Avant models), and Ford (Flex) all offer wagons currently.
In the past 5 years, even Cadillac made a wagon.

The Taboo thing is real. You can find a used Cadillac CTS Sportwagen (pic related) for 10-16k. They were between 36k and 65k brand new depending on options. Wagons depreciate like a mob victim wearing concrete galoshes.

Wagons typically have less cargo capacity. Also, crossovers are better at carrying tall things that are too wide to lay on their side or are meant to stay upright. Crossovers are also easier to get in and out of.

and no one ever uses a CUV to what it's capable of. Your point is moot.

I don't know, user. They're very comfy.

I have a cuv and I use every last inch of that sucker. I beat the piss out of that thing.

That doesn't make my argument any less valid.

What's it like?
Living without balls?

all the people buying CUVs would be better off in a wagon.

No matter what you say, this point is still valid.

I wouldn't know. You should seek out professional help from a doctor for your condition though. Sorry I couldn't help you user...Must be rough.
>Prayers for user

>tfw been driving basically a crossover since the early 90s

Thank you based Impreza Outback Sport. Subaru have been doing crossovers perfectly for more than 20 years and nobody else can even compete.

Most of these wagons are HUGEEE. Also fuck bmw,mercedes and audi. We need a good sized, affordable in every aspect wagon. Subaru used to do it well but have you seen how large the outback is now ?

Because they're shit at what they do

they gain little from the compacts and midsized sedans they try to emulate and don't have the weight and power of the SUV's they pretend to be.

Hell, honda is so fucking notorious for doing this, they used to have a real line of mid sized SUV's with the element and CRV but now the element is gone and their CRV is way bigger with little added to it. The HRV is a piece of shit heavier than a 2015 civic with the same fucking engine

No they can't.

Oh. You stole your wife's purse? That's not very nice user.

Subaru Outback and Ford Flex.

Excuse me?

>My wife's purse

What are you even trying to say user? Are you ok?

>RAV UP YOUR ENGINES

Best crossover?

>It can't outperform a car
>It doesn't have the off road capability of a truck.

It's "Meh..." at everything and great at nothing.

Plus these damn things draw manufacturer's resources away from developing stuff I would like and buy, further contributing to the utter shit show called the current car market.

>What are you even trying to say user?

EXCUSE ME?????????

>crossover
>anything but useless soccer-mom tier garbage
kys nigger

>It's "Meh..." at everything and great at nothing.

That's what makes them so good. You can have a little of both in one package, and it's cheaper than buying two cars.

Crossovers are like a station wagon mixed with an SUV, but with all of the downsides of both, and the advantages of neither. Piece of shit oversize vehicle crowding up the road and the people that buy them don't know how to fuckin drive.

It's a super car and a family car in one.

youtube.com/watch?v=TKDd_Z-JxIY

>it's cheaper than buying two cars.
why buy 2 cars when a wagon will so?

>wagon
>ground clearance and awd
No

Just give up user.

>model X
>just a model S, but fatter and slower because "muh SUV"

The SUV/crossover fad needs to die already

>keeps stealing them from her purse

wrong poster

>No
Yes

A wagon may have less space.

Looks like a stuck subaru to me

This thing is SUV big in real life

>ricing out your crossover

a new level of faggotry

It's also seen more off-roading than any CUV

not by much.

One of my dream cars is a crossover. Sexy as fuck the fx45

Scum

>people on Veeky Forums actually like these casual cruisers

Veeky Forums confirmed for shit taste in cars. I thought this place was for car enthusiasts, not middle aged guys who think SUV's that can't go offroad are cool

Some people work, have a life, and can own more than one car.
Go to bed little boy

The Model S has up to 63.4 ft3 of cargo space, while the Model X has up to 88 ft3.

For comparison, the Chevy Tahoe has up to 94.7 ft3 of cargo space, a difference of 6.7 ft3 from the Model X.

I lol'd

thaz a nice vulva
i would rock that in a heartbeat

That's not rice user.

they are hated because they're driven by people who hate driving

I work and have life and am about to own more than one car.
One of thems a crossover and its only good as a winter beater since the 1km long driveway at my parents place is covered by a foot of snow for half the year.

Crossovers are shit.
Loving crossovers as an auto enthusiast is like being into orgies and sex parties but only going to those that have a free buffet

Noodle steering high center of mass less useful than a hatch or wagan.

I can appreciate this, especially linked to a Subaru (who also makes crossovers). The issue is ground clearance, which is why the Forester was made. Now we have the Crosstrek because trendy styling (which, however cool looking, serves to diminish Subaru's utilutarian credibility)

Kill yourself

HUEHUEHUEHUE SO TOUGH

I don't think we hate crossovers, but we surely don't like them because its basically a larger sedan. Fight me on this but a "compact suv" is basically a sedan with a larger frame.

Crossovers are fine imo, but don't fucking try to get away by calling it a "SUV."

I actually really like the subcompact crossovers out there...Specifically the HRV. Honestly its like a normal sized hatch just raised a bit

First rav4 is actually a crossover I can get behind

>Caring about the peasentry who were suckered into a minivan and who do 55 on the highway
Not gonna make it bro

Spotted the guy who crashed into the minivan and is now shitposting while on the bus because license revoked.

They're driven by old people for whom it is a challenge to get in and out of normal cars.

As Western populations age, we see more and more of these on the streets.

Basically, they are the facing of a dying nation and civilization.

Never thought of it that way but that makes sense. All the 60 year old Amerifats love them because the don't have to crouch down to get in like in a sedan.

Sad state of affairs.

the cube is way better than the juke, though. the cube has all the normal downsides of a nissan, but it at least has good cargo space relative to its size. the juke is complete garbage without even that saving grace.

I'm on the wrong side of the age demographic and I'll tell you what getting in and out of low cars isn't fun when your knees have turned to powder.

People literally drive crossovers because they are afraid of driving.

10/10 dumb statement. I drive a crossover for sheer ease regarding commuting and carrying shit around. I do have a fun weekend car though...which is great and being fun, fast and handles well but is literal shit at being a car.

It's not wagons, it's minvans which were just unpretentious practicality. Crossovers traded a lot of practicality to be more pretentious

It's a bloated Prius

No, you drive a SUV because you're a stupid cuck, a wagon or hatch serves the same purpose without fear

Well technically I do drive a hatch. What's your issue anyways?

SUVs in my face driving like shit and being too tall to see what's ahead of them. Every single day. By women. Who aren't paying for them.

It's ok user. I'm quite the driver. Don't worry...I will be that one crossover that doesn't get bother you.

We take many trips a year to visit my old ladies family, and her Escape gets packed full every time. Still knock down 27mpg with the 2.0T and AWD too. And the AWD system is RWD biased enough to get oversteer around corners and do donuts if there's snow on the ground.

this.

a lot don't have a 3rd row, if they do its not easy to get into, same size trunk as a minivan with a 3rd row, sits higher than minivan, but smaller dimensions inside.

I love my minivan and I grew up in full size conversions, astros, tahoes - I still like full size vans but the minivan is here to stay.

They don't share anything in common.

That could apply to any car, and why hate a car for that reason?

>people ITT actually defending crossovers

this board is being taken over by casuals

The Model X has a very low center of mass.

Crossovers usually have more space.

>rabidly defending his soccer mom shuttle
just let it go bud, crossovers are for faggots, only people who buy them are people who really need a minivan but think they're too cool for that

I state facts.

See .

Honestly as much as I like me some fast cars crossovers are the fucking best. Wagon like space, Suv ride height with car mpg...FUCK you have to be some basement dwelling shut in with little to no exposure to the outside not to like those things. GET THE FUCK OVER IT BITCHES its a do everything vehicle.

Would you?
>$150K
>186mph

In a fucking heartbeat. Sure beats being crammed into a 350z like a fucking stowaway on my way to work every day and for the ride home because I fell for the good weather meme and whipped out MUH SPORTZ CAH

I choose the Model X. :)

MUH MUH MUHHH
>X
>GON
>GIVITOYA

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Because they're a platform that is marketed towards & bought by a lot of people who would be much better off with a sedan or a station wagon, and it is therefore "killing" a lot of the traditional body styles