G35

What are your thoughts on this car?

Muh

used to love them as a kid but always thought they where a bit fuggy.

Would be very fun with a Turbo Conversion

test

more adult 350z

their fun little sporty cars if you get the coupe and handle twisty roads just fine

unless you get one that burns oil like i did in which case checking your dipstick every week becomes second nature

i mean it should be but fuck

but i think their more of a girls cars as their the only ones i see driving them and sold mines to a chick now she brings it over and we check each others dipstick

Remember the old days?
When you could call nissan fags scumbags and not get banned?

I miss mine. Decent power, nice minimalist interior, good looking exterior. Wasn't the greatest car at anything but was an all around enjoyable driving experience.

Shitty drive by wire
Source: Owned one

Dont forget, glass trans and burning oil

Brown guy car where I live.

Burning oil piece of shit owned by minorities and stancefags.

Decent cars. Bought my 2003 for 9k with a little over 60k miles. A lot of annoying shit is breaking, they aren't fast but look pretty ok. Your hardest part will be finding one not molested and making sure you get one with a lsd for certain years.

Love mine, it's fun RWD car to learn on to drive properly on. The oil burning issue is a real cunt though you need to be on top of it, other than that, the VLSD makes some concerning noises when pushed hard, most enthusiasts replace it with a real mechanical LSD. Slap on the brembos from the earlier models and it''s slightly slower 350z.

high shcool boi-racer cars

fantastic car....tb-qh I consider it a true definition of what a modern Japanese muscle car would be like if it existed
>sounds amazing for a bsigs
>looks are menacing
>great feel of the road all across the board through the steering and suspension (in sport package)
>amazing brembo brakes (on 03/04 sport package)
>super agile (although it understeers when pushed hard enough which you won't get to 99%of the time)
>Shitty drive by wire
seconded
>glass trans
so much this but only on the 03/04
>burning oil
true but much much lower chance of happening on 03/04

Mine was an 03' with around 70k.
Burned a 5 quart jug of oil in 4k miles. Averaged 12 mpg on premium. VLSD sucks after minimal drifting. Sounded like absolute bliss. With a short shifter and weighted shift knob, the shifiting was absolutely amazing and mechanical. Suspension started making noises so i wanted to replace all the bushing and ball joints until i learned how much shit there is. Overall a great and fun experience but def costs more than other cars. If i were to do it again, i would buy a newer model so i dont have to fix shit breaking.

so would a heavier oil help with the burning oil issue?

or could it be a clogged pvc nipple or fitting?

im at a loss from this shit now

mfw today the dip stick was almost on the bottom end and it rattled at start up

on my defense the miss was using it for a good while so i didn't check for like a month

>she brings it over and we check each others dipstick

And yet only I only ever see kids in them.

Some people say it burns less with 10w-40 assuming you use 5w-30 now

Its pretty standard on a vq to burn some oil though, just varies how much.

Try pcv valve if youve never changed it

i have an 03 with like 80k kms on it but it's... auto... wanted to do some basic upgrades but think i'm just gonna save for a g37

Everyone owns one so it's unoriginal but they aren't bad cars. There's a reason so many people own them

Sedan didn't even look too bad

Really hit and miss car.

REALLY hit or miss.

You'll either wind up owning a great example or a total shitheap. Burns oil. Only lasts 230km. Doesn't gain much from mods short of going tarbo which despite what Veeky Forums tells you is a very large investment. Heavy fucking car, VK35 Skyline can't even keep up with R31 Skyline. Doesnt deserve the name.

Decent car but beware of shit ones. G37 far superior but costs enough for you to get something WAY better for the money.

t. Infiniti lube monkey

Quads of truth

What are some g35 alternatives? Epically in the price range and are rwd/sedan

3 series

No

So, was the G35 a "Skyline" or a "Silvia" from spiritual viewpoint?

Looks fat

Q45

G37 can be had for as low as 11k with 100k mikes
What's rwd and manual thats "WAY better for the money"?

Its a literal skyline.

What was the reason for the g35 burning oil?
Like I know they fixed it in later versions but what exactly did they have to fix to stop the oil burning?

You cannot get a car that does everything as well as a G37 coupe for anywhere close. You'd have to go for a 335i. Better engine and worse interior and you're paying about 5-8k more.

I've got 136k miles on my 06 rev-up currently.

Whats up with VQ's throwing headgaskets?

they're pretty cool I guess. it's definitely a boat compared to my MR2 but I can see the comfy GT appeal of the car. has the right idea. I do enjoy the engine and exhaust note desu senpai. AMA if you're curious about a comparison to a 90's mountain carver?

best bang for buck mods? not looking to throw too much money at it.

Decent car but the owners of these are usually the worst. Can't drive, plastidip everything, "HIDs bro", vapegods, ruins car meets, you name it.

Unfortunately the same.

I kind of like them. I'm into Nissans so the G35 coupe with a manual definitely appeals to me. Would be a fun car to buy loaded with the nice brakes and such, and keep stock.

That's quite possible. I'm on a lube monkey budget so never looked into getting a 37.

If you can afford it, get it.

nissan in charge of interior design
good engine though

Doesn't respond much to low dollar mods, cams are an option but a shitload of work

literally this.
The car is good, but seems that 9 times out of 10 you see an infinity G, it's some early 20's guy who only seems to think of himself. But the car itself is fine

A truthful statement accompanied by quads

How much of a nig nog will I look like if I get the g35 coupe?

I want those wheels real bad
>stock
more like old white person
>tasteful mods
still white but also a bit of asian
>auto zone rice
Mexican
>big wheels, crazy pimp mods
pic related

damn. worth doing anything with the exhaust? feels like just a few hp and it would be in a sweet spot. maybe look at suspension and brakes instead?

does the g37 respond better to mods?

it took the skyline name in japan years ago and there was a big ass fuss over it but then nissan said the skyline was just going to be named the gtr from now on and nips and weebs got quiet.

but at that time i remember them only showing the 4 door sedan version first which pissed fanboys off

>tldr

>yes its a skyline

c5 or z28/ss

yeah my mom drives one

it's fast enough to get into trouble

but kinda shitty in every other regard

drove one that was awd and straight piped, was a really fun car to drive and it had a good amount of power even with the 4 door sedan version I drove sounded beastly and could swerve through traffic only bad thing is it doesn't look as sexy as it could

10 years ago they were the car to have for slaying women, now they're mostly owned by fuckboys.

>Decent cars.
>A lot of annoying shit is breaking,
>they aren't fast but look pretty ok.
battered car owner syndrome?