Both of these cars use pushrods, but only one is berated because of it

Both of these cars use pushrods, but only one is berated because of it

What says Veeky Forums?

Are pushrods any good, or are you betraying your holy Snek?

>ohv
>ever

>Driving that expensive piece of shit that rich people buy cause they have small dicks and not a much more fun cat like a miata

Coincidentally both outperform every production car Japan has ever produced in its entire pathetic history.

Everyone wants/hoped OHV would die off with due time with growing emissions regulations but like cockroaches they just keep finding ways to thrive.

They might stay around until Electric cars take over completely since Hybrid motors could be used to both aid and make OHV fuel efficient.
>tfw no hybrid vette

Thinking now, i'd like to see a Japanese equivalent to the Aventador/F12 or higher

Not sure who'd be up to it though

mitsubishi, if they had the money.

How much would the Viper benefit from a DCT automated transmission?

On longer tracks, A lot. on shorter tracks, probably shave a half or full second off.

>physically compact
>mechanically simple and reliable
>relatively light for the amount of power they make
What's the issue again?

not even close to a full second on even a longer track

you are only saving a few milliseconds each shift

inferior to v6's

>hurrrrr

valve train and number of cylinders have fuck all to do with each other, my lawnmover has a pushrod single banger made by Honda

>there has never been a ohv v6

No high revs.
No sound good
No 100hp/L
Countries with displacement taxes exist
People associate them with old technology

These are the common complaints i hear at least.

lel NASCARs rev at 10k rpm all day, and the C5 Z06 revs as fast as my Porsche

People are fucking idiots

>only 10k
f1 would like a word with you

>200ft/lbs of torque

No thanks.

>hp/l
wew

>V6 can't be pushrods

>truck engine built by rednecks can rev at 10k rpm all day
>F1 cars with billions of dollars in research and the world's greatest minds can't even do double that for a couple hours, get outrevved by an entry level Honda motorbike

>pushrods are so shit they aren't used in f1
what a surprise

ITT autistic argument about pushrods and such

just grow up and take a chill pill kids

pushcucks get mad when you insult their inferior layout

I don't see f1 engines making 1000+hp per cylinder

F1 is shit now days.

>breaks down after a mile
LOOOOOOOOL

>pushcucks will defend this

F1 engines can't even be cold started without and army of technicians and engineers on standby, they're fucking useless

>gets pointed out that you're being autistic
>"heh but not me right even though im arguing with them too"

t. pushcuck

>"yes, i drop the bbc in her"
lol

>breaks down before the first corner

$5k crate engine puts out same power as a F1 engine while weighing 200lbs more and being 10 000x more reliable.

Displacelets when will they learn?

still longer than a pushrod powered car

>200 lbs more
there's your problem. ohc is lighter. nobody with a brain use pushrods

That engine was probably used in hundreds of races, F1 engines useless after a handful

>January 26, 2017
>2 faggots are actually arguing about pushrods online

Fucking shameful

>damage control

>shitposting

Show me a F1 engine putting out 11k hp for even a second... I'll wait.

you started it.
>can't even last 5 minutes at full power

Dear Lord you have the mentality of a 5 year old child, I thought you all would have gone to bed by now

F1 engines don't even have camshafts. Let alone traditional valves. They have pneumatic operated valves controlled by the fucking computer.

So when you see a bunch of white smoke pouring from the top of an F1 engine it's because it's valve line busted and is pouring the pneumatic gas and fluid in to the cylinder.

Viper would seriously be traveling at the speed of sanic if it were to gain 2 seconds on tracks as small as willow with a DCT. that would translate to huge savings at Burger King.

>connection error
>connection error
>connection error
>internet works fine
>CONNECTION ERROR

FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT SITE. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING WITH ALL THAT Veeky Forums PASS MONEY!?!

ad hominems aren't arguments, pushcuck
still lasts longer than a drag car

Lol. Nigha wut?

Four cams in an enlarged head are lighter then a single cam with thin rods and rocker arms?

Still makes 1/10 the power and torque.

pushrods are heavier than ohc

you guys are actually arguing about pushrods online

seriously

stop and think for a second

is this really what you want to do with your life? argue like little children?

still isn't reliable.

See I like you, double down on that shit.

Wrong
LS1 vs VQ45DE
Both all aluminum
LS1 is lighter by about 100lbs both dry

Doesn't need to be when you're traveling 60ft in less than a second, breaking the laws of physics.

But a consumer pushrod crate engine that makes F1 power is.

Narrower engines.
Lighter weight.
Easier maintenance.
Less expensive upgrades.

Not really seeing a problem.

Nice chery picking, cuck.

pic related
>500 hp
>185 lbs
there's a reason why nobody uses pushshit
still heavier

pushcucks are triggered again

let them sperg

>Muh cherry picking
>does the exact same fucking thing

Fucking retard, there's nothing production about that engine

>no! it doesn't count!
whatever helps you cope, my little pushcuck

>pushcuck ran off to prep the bull

you're actually criticizing people online for arguing about pushrods online

seriously

stop and think for a second

is this really what you want to do with your life?
criticize children?

>Muh cherry picking

Congrats, you found one example that beat out an engine from 1961. The Buick 215.

t. pushcuck

>Are pushrods any good,
No

>holy Snek?
Despite using none road legal tires it still hasn't set a time faster than a little 2.7 that drove to and from the ring on the same tires it set it's lap on.

t. Head and shaft sucker

They have the money. They just don't give enough of a shit to do it.

You are aware the 16k rev limit is stipulated in the rules.

Also where do you get 2 hours from? Each engine will do 4 or 5 weekends, that's 4 hours of practice sessions an hour qualifying session and an hour and three quarters of race, per weekend, lets say they only do an hour and a quarter of practice to keep the maths simple and half an hour of actual lapping in qualifying that's a conservative three and a half a weekend or a minimum of 14 hours.

For 7000 longer.

>Each engine will do 4 or 5 weekends

with a engine rebuild every 4 hours...

Nope, they can't brake the seals on the engine, all it gets is fresh oil.

How many top end drag cars will do an entire weekend without anything more than an oil change? Most seem to have the heads off after each run.

Street legal 3000hp drag cars will go 1200 miles without a major engine overhaul. Yeah, They're not too reliable but what do you expect when you're making 375hp per liter.

>No 100hp/L
>hp/L

Why? Specific output is a good metric but don't go mixing unit types please swap to a nice SI 75kw/L it may not sound as impressive.

There is nothing wrong with pushrods. You'll get more power out of an OHC engine of equal displacement but it won't be anywhere near as compact as an OHV engine.

>revs are a meme, you're not a special snowflake for that extra 2000 revs
>sound is subjective, rarely hear complaints about the corvette exhaust
>meme metric/busrider metric
>valid argument
>a fucking go cart

Full bus riding in full effect

Because the ford shills are promoting the company's new ""progressive"" technology, but neither chrysler or GM are jumping ship.

And if you can't find arguments to make your point stronger, you resort in attempts to belittle the compeition instead.

>Both of these cars use pushrods, but only one is berated because of it
One of them is good, the other one can't compete. It's got absolutely nothing to do with push rods.
One of them does, the other one relies on unverified manufacturer posted laptimes.

>unverified manufacturer posted laptimes.

Sounds like the Ford fanbois with the GT.

found gm's marketing team

>Street legal 3000hp drag cars will go 1200 miles without a major engine overhaul
no they wont... dragfag week cars are detuned as fuck when driving in between events

>Sounds like the Ford fanbois with the GT
Didn't realise the 2016 LeMans results were exclusively published in a Ford press release.
>fangirls clutching at straws

SAVAGE

gm eternally btfo

18th nice.

Didn't a GT catch fire during LeMemes or was that a different competition?

And how does it wear the generic supercar look so well?

>Despite using none road legal tires it still hasn't set a time faster than a little 2.7 that drove to and from the ring on the same tires it set it's lap on

What's wrong Snek chicken?

>none road legal tires
They meet dot requirements for road use so no.

>2.7 that drove to and from the ring
Radicals don't have airbags and that engine has mandatory refresh cycles. It was also removed on the nurburgring wiki to the non-production series list of times because of SVO (Single Vehicle Approval) i.e not a production car on the level of the viper and hyper cars.

>They meet dot requirements for road use so no.
No TUV approval so not road legal, no one give as hit about third world DOT approval.

What the hell is TUV and how would you know or not if a tire is approved for it?

>What the hell is TUV
That has to be the stupidest post in the history of Veeky Forums or at least since dead left.

German Auto Safety board

Maybe Toyota in the near future, they gave us the LFA some years ago, maybe the next "LFA"

Ah, i thought it was an acronym like DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) unless that's its alternative name. But how exactly would you know if it has approval or not? does the car has to be sold there or the tire? Not from Germany or Europe so i wouldn't know.

I still don't get the hate for OHV in a V8. Sure it doesn't make much sense in an inline or flat engine but the V is the perfect place for it. It makes the most sense in something like that. Sacrificing a few 100 rpm red line for less weight, complexity, and parts all while increasing reliability sounds like a good deal to me.

Each engine has a purpose and anybody who argues one engine architecture over another with no regard for application of the power plant still has some growing up to do.

Neither am I, but yeah if it's approved by them it's because it was submitted for review in order to be sold to the German public, like DOT approved but it actually means something because the TÜV is strictly as fuck

>simple and reliable
No

and you add probably 150lbs

if anything give it a sequential dog ring trans. you know, the ones real race cars use.

neither are 17" wheels

umm because F1 engines where not designed for that?

Your argument is that of "hurrr prius' are shit because they dont have engines capable to putting down a 8 sec 1/4 mile, hurrr"

different purpose built engines. Here lets try this "Show me a pushrod motor capable of the kind of power of pratt & whitney J58, hurrrr"

Cuckvette fags BTFO
Will they ever recover?