Was he right? Were the Catholics evil?

Was he right? Were the Catholics evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague#Second_Defenestration_of_Prague
protestanterrors.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharina_von_Bora#Life_as_a_nun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharina_von_Bora#Marriage_to_Luther
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt#Execution_statistics
letmegooglethat.com/?q=indulgences explained
youtube.com/watch?v=3QWB1mtZhQo
fatima.org/satanism.html)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Milingo#Marriage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>evil

Such a spook

He was totally wrong and caused far more harm than good. The Protestant "Reformation" is half the reason Christianity died off in Europe.

t. Charles V

No but corrupt

Was there ever a worse scourge of Christianity than the Roman Catholic Church?

>muh Vicar of Christ
>muh whatever you do is Christian, as long as you're with us

>Were

Yes
/thread

One just has to look at Pope Francis to realize that Catholicism is a false religion of the Antichrist.

Maybe I could add a third monkey in repping constantine

>filename
kek

he was a catholic

in fact his later denomination was much less degenerate than proddy denominations to follow e.g. calvinism

Just another heretic.

Yes and if it wasn't for him we'd all be subserviently paying tithes to a greedy clergy and fighting crusades against each other on the Pope's call right now.

Whatever point you were trying to make was lost in the google translation of your personal variant of spicish

As for him destroying Europe.
The Reformation didn't hit at nations like France, Italy or Spain ((directly)
It hit at the HRE, where the theatre of the thirty years war was.
When this land did get assailed by war it wasn't Sweden that was the biggest thorn in its side, it was France that made the Swedish war machine functionable ((Most Swedish troops were mercenaries bought with funds largely from France))
France was Catholic and its foreign policy managed by a Cardinal, one of the men responsible for electing a new pope. The same man did in fact support the reformed Dutch Republic in its war against catholic France.
Before that the Pope, with his lust for power, had challenged the emperors authority and demanded authority over church lands in the HRE, which had based a large part of its governship on giving land to heirless bishops. The popes did away with that system.
Luther didn't destroy Europe. He maybe made a push, but all forework and grand work was made by Catholics.

The Catholics also started the wars by repeatedly attempting to destroy Protestantism

Luther was an ardent catholic and supporter... until he got to Rome and saw the excess and unchristian like activities of the pope and his leaders. He was right in that it was totally corrupt and being used as a vehicle for the Pope's ambitions in Italy.

That said, the church was totally right in that learned and taught clergy class could properly interpret the messages of the bible. The off shoots from the reformation produced much of the frenzied and quack sects today.

>learned and taught clergy class could properly interpret the messages of the bible.
That was literally condemned by Rome and is what the reformers taught. The RCC says only the pope could interpret scripture.
>The off shoots from the reformation produced much of the frenzied and quack sects today.
If by reformation you mean 2nd Great Awakening then yes.

>only pope can interpret scripture

Wrong councils of bishops made most of the important decisons.

>2nd Great Awakening then yes.

people are too quick to blame luther
the real degeneracy began here

Yeah- uuuh.. That's totally what happened in say.. Ireland?

from a certain point of view

>Catholics started the 30 years war
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague#Second_Defenestration_of_Prague

He married a former nun.

Yeah?

No. See >Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
Matthew 7:15-20

protestanterrors.com/

>Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Matthew 12:30

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:18-19

>The one who hears you (Peter) hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects Him who sent me.
Luke 10:16

>I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10:14-16

>When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.”
John 21:15-17

What's the point of Sola Scriptura if you are illiterate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharina_von_Bora#Life_as_a_nun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharina_von_Bora#Marriage_to_Luther

>it didn't hit France
>what are the wars of religion

Germany lost more people during the thirty years war than in ww2, luther is LITERALLY worse than hitler.

Could you please name a single other example?
>The war began when the newly elected Holy Roman Emperor, Ferdinand II, tried to impose religious uniformity on his domains, forcing Roman Catholicism on its peoples. The northern Protestant states, angered by the violation of their rights to choose granted in the Peace of Augsburg, banded together to form the Protestant Union. Ferdinand II was a devout Roman Catholic and relatively intolerant when compared to his predecessor, Rudolf II. His policies were considered heavily pro-Catholic.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

>look father I posted it again XDDdddd

>The war began when the newly elected Holy Roman Emperor, Ferdinand II, tried to impose religious uniformity on his domains, forcing Roman Catholicism on its peoples.

>HRE

Don't forget that most of the witchunts took place in that country too, mostly on female widows to steal their stuff.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt#Execution_statistics

Serious question, why do you keep defending Luther?

Serious question, why do you keep repeating the same shitposts?

Better than defending the papacy the papacy.

>Better than defending the papacy the papacy.
>defending the papacy the papacy.

Autism.

That says Catholics started it.

Because I don't like wasting time. I often just copy and paste previous posts I made.

It negates any points you have (which is none anyway)
I guess you don't have time for your faith.

I mainly copy and paste quotes and verses like I'm just saying that 2+2=4, you just have to listen, I don't mind repeating it. You'll learn eventually, maybe.

Reminder that protestant reformers openly supported the Muslims while the Catholics were busy crusading against them to halt their spread into Europe.

Pic related, Dutch medals with "Rather Turkish than pope" written in them.

It's ad hominem and drive-by interpretation

The reformation was after the last crusade

If you keep on saying the same thing over and over again and it isn't working, than you should probably change your approach.

2+2=4

What don't you understand?

Proddies are stubborn and brainwashed, so I don't expect them to listen. This is Veeky Forums by the way in case you haven't noticed, my approach is different in real life (and much more successful).

>Proddies are stubborn and brainwashed
Projection

Denial.

I've never actually seen a real argument made for Romanism that wasn't a stale long debunked meme.

Try studying Church history.

I've also never actually seen a real argument against Catholicism that wasn't a stale long debunked meme.

ex:
>le mariolatry
>le whore of babylon
>le jesuit assassins
>le vatican new world order

Those quotes you posted aren't good enough. You see what you want in them and Protestants see what they want. It might be more effective to explain your reasoning so people understand what you're trying to say. If you aren't going to put in the effort to communicate, why would others put in the effort to understand?

Also, despite what some sjw would have you believe, tone is important. Condescension just causes resentment. Don't be condescending with your explanations, instead be humble, patient, and understanding.

>yes
>they are

>Those quotes you posted aren't good enough.
When Jesus Christ called Keepa Keepa, who was He calling Keepa? When he said that He would build His Church on Keepa, on whom did He say that He would build His Church? When He gave Keepa the keys of the kingdom of heaven and the authority to bind and loose, to whom did He give this authority?

When Jesus Christ said that whoever hears Keepa will also hear Him and whoever will reject Keepa will also reject Him, was He lying? When Jesus Christ said that there would be One Flock, One Shepherd and that whoever will not gather will scatter, was He lying?

Was He being serious when He asked Keepa to feed His lambs, teend and feed His sheep? Jesus Christ repeating Himself 3 times is not "good enough" for you?

What about Alexander VI?

>Catholics will never, EVER recover
>Catholics will ALWAYS be butthurt
>edgelords on Veeky Forums WILL defend selling indulgences and other nonsense

letmegooglethat.com/?q=indulgences explained

It's not good enough for plenty of people, because they don't understand or they have a different view. The best missionaries are the ones who can make a connection with others. When St. Peter proselytized to the Irish, he explained the Trinity in a way they could understand, he didn't just throw Bible quotes at them.

>all that revisionism

Literally lmaoing at ur life

He was right about them being corrupt, hypocritical, and foreign to the teachings of Jesus. I dunno about """"evil"""".

Like that's a bad thing. Just think on how much more united the west would be if we still went crusading against outside threats/non-christians. And I'd rather pay the static 10% of my income to clergy than the 65% to the government.

Just imagine how much more united we would have been if we all had remained bagans.

The pope's title is literally the Antichrist.

They rely on you not understanding Latin and Greek to remain ignorant of what "vicar of Christ" really means.

The Apostles received a multitude of teachings from Christ which are not in the Holy Bible and were also able to perform miracles.

The issue here isn't connection, it is denial. See this proddy for example he is well aware of the fact that Luther called Christ a sinner, yet he STILL posts Luther memes.

Tens of millions of murdered Christians and Jews in the counter-reformation. Tens of millions.

What I don't get is why he had to go nuts over established doctrine. If there was corruption, ousting the pope and the current cardinals would've set things right, instead, Luther starts a schism that still eats at Europe today. Maybe he didn't intend for that to happen, but the end result was the same.

If you successfully talk someone into becoming a Catholic, they are twice the son of hell that they were before they met you.

Daily Reminder that Luther was a Catholic friar, and then an excommunicated Cathoilc friar, and is likely in Hades right now awaiting trial.

>The issue here isn't connection, it is denial. See this proddy for example he is well aware of the fact that Luther called Christ a sinner, yet he STILL posts Luther memes.

What's the difference between luther and a random rabbi then?

One hated Jews openly, and wrote a book about it, and the other one is self-hating.

Daily reminder that Luther is currently in hell.

t. pawn of Satan

Yup, with 99% of the other Catholic friars of the past.

Adopted son of God, actually.

You're daddy's (Catholic) runaway harlot daughter, actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=3QWB1mtZhQo

>protestantism

>AND YOU'RE GOING TO HELL
>EVERYONE IS GOING TO HELL

There were christians before catholics, while there were catholics, and after there were catholics, forever.

>Who is the Holy Spirit, the post.

Odd you should choose the word harlot, as that is the description of your apostate church in the bible. Harlot of Babylon.

Hey guys, in which of the 33,000 protestant churches is the holy spirit hiding?

Are you having fun roleplaying?

Also don't delete this mods, I found the pic in some Children's book so it's sfw.

The Holy Spirit resides in every Christian.

Every Christian with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit is part of the Body of Christ.

You? You're the enemy of God. Things will not go well for you.

>You? You're the enemy of God. Things will not go well for you.
t. slave of satan

The Holy Spirit is not what's giving you epileptic attacks and making you scream gibberish; that would be Lucifer, your god.

Yes. Stop working for him. His retirement plan is bad.

I'm not a catholic, so lucifer is not my God.

I don't have people in authority over me openly worshiping and sacrificing to lucifer in the Vatican.

>this is what proddies actually believe
Careful bro, the jesuit assassins are coming to get you!

Archbishop Milingo openly charged high-ranking members of the Holy See as ‘followers of Satan’, or otherwise enablers of evil. This is part of what the Archbishop said:

The devil in the Catholic Church is so protected now that he is like an animal protected by the government; put on a game preserve that outlaws anyone, especially hunters, from trying to capture or kill it. The devil within the Church today is actually protected by certain Church authorities from the official devil-hunter in the Church - the exorcist.
To the following question, ‘Are there men of the Curia who are followers of Satan?’ Milingo answered; ‘Certainly, there are priests and bishops. I stop at this level of ecclesiastical hierarchy because I am an archbishop; higher than this I cannot go’ (‘Milingo Accuses Catholics of Illicit Sex, Homosexuality’, passim). After Archbishop Milingo’s frank indictments, Dr. Malachi Martin, also in attendance at the Conference, was questioned about the alarming nature of the Archbishop’s accusations. He added this observation:

Archbishop Milingo is a good Bishop and his contention that there are Satanists in Rome is completely correct. Anybody who is acquainted with the state of affairs in the Vatican in the last 35 years is well aware that the Prince of Darkness has had, and still has, his surrogates in the court of St. Peter in Rome.

In recent weeks, a firestorm has been raging in Italy. The controversy revolves around the statements of Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo, who made formal allegations that satanic activity is taking place inside the Vatican. When questioned by the Italian press about the allegations, he said that he stood by them.

(Subject: ‘Satanism Is Practiced in Vatican’; Sunday February 28, 1999, 4:49 am; fatima.org/satanism.html)

I'm well aware of the godless assassins and their trade, tyvm.

>Archbishop Milingo

Lmao, why it's always muh dick for you anti-catholic haters?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Milingo#Marriage

Besides, the incidence of Satanic paedophilia - rites and practices - was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. The cultic acts of Satanic paedophilia are considered by professionals to be the culmination of the Fallen Archangel’s rites.

(The Keys of This Blood, Dr. Malachi Martin, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1990, p. 632)
Dr. Martin asserted that a ‘Satanic Enthronement ceremony’ took place in the Vatican in 1963 during the first week of the papacy of Pope Paul VI (born, 1897; pope from June 21, 1963 to August 6, 1978). Dr. Martin confirmed that the satanic ritual took place on June 29th, 1963 at Saint Paul’s Chapel inside Vatican City. The result of the ritual meant that the Vatican manifested what clerics referred to as the ‘Superforce’ of Satan. In his book, Dr. Martin, a Jesuit priest, added these comments:

Suddenly it became unarguable that now during this papacy [that of John Paul II], the Roman Catholic organization carried a permanent presence of clerics who worshipped Satan and liked it; of bishops and priests who sodomized boys and each other; of nuns who performed the ‘Black Rites’ of Wicca, and who lived in lesbian relationships . . . Every day, including Sundays and Holy Days, acts of heresy and blasphemy and outrage and indifference were committed and permitted at holy Altars by men who had been called to be priests. Sacrilegious actions and rites were not only performed on Christ’s Altars, but had the connivance or at least the tacit permission of certain Cardinals, archbishops, and bishops . . .

(‘Windswept House: A Vatican Novel’. Fr. Malachi Martin, p. 492)

Peter was married, and had children.

You ridicule this man for advocating the removal of enforced celibacy while pretending to be in a church modeled after Peter.

The cognitive dissonance in your head must be at Metallica level decibels.

Do you relish the catholic church attempting to destroy whistleblowers?

So that satan can be openly worshiped in the Vatican again?

Do you pledge your allegience to satan?

>inb4 Alberto Rivera