How did I do Veeky Forums?

Didn't want to shell out a gorillian bucks on weathertek or buy a shitty bed liner, whipped this up instead, how did I do? Also /diy/o/ general I guess.

It looks nice.

megusta.jpg

What is it? that kid playpen liner stuff?

what is that and how you do that? did you cut it to size?

>Will come apart at the seams
>Won't hold water
>Slippery
>Obviously homemade

Yeah it's that grid based excercise mat shit you can buy anywhere. Pulled the normal liner out and then cut the grid to size. Figured it was the best way to spend nine bucks and half an hour on my car.

Why would I pour water into my car? If something wet is entering my car and it isn't wearing panties it will get to ride on the roof rack until I get it where it needs to be.

Good god that looks horrendous. Shell out the $100 for a Lloyds you idiot poorfag.

oh shit thats smart as hell

That looks really good. I shelled out the ridiculous money on the weathertek one for my old Tahoe but my black lab rode back there and she would just randomly swim wherever I took her lol

Are weathertechs even that expensive?

>Didn't want to shell out a gorillian bucks on weathertek or buy a shitty bed liner, whipped this up instead, how did I do?

I use that same material to provide a soft yet firm impact absorption surface at the bottom of my laptop messenger bag.

But It is not watertight at the seams. Grime will also leak into the seams and grow mold there. But it should provide good thermal insulation. If you are carrying objects that need padding to rest on, it works. And if you are ever going to sleep back there, the pad is a lot softer and supportive than any trunk liner.

What you can do next is prevent things from sliding around. Firmly made boxes with low sides (3 to 4 inches high) can be placed across the space to subdivide it. At my local sam's club, they often stack up the produce boxes before crushing. They are very strong since the heavy packaged products not only are stacked high, but cannot be crushed.

The reason why you don't want leaks is that water gets down there but cannot get out due to the covering. So the mold and bacteria use that moisture to grow and help the rust along.

>Are weathertechs even that expensive?
Yes, for most people they are overpriced. The company also gives their product a premium pricing because they want to be known as the pricey product. Thus the elitists buy it and wannabees aim to get it.

Lots of rubber trunk area mats are made overly large as they are "trim to fit". To prevent the trimming from removing the water holding ability, they have multiple continuous ridges running across the bottom. Thus small amounts of water remains trapped and doesn't run off the edges.

That looks really nice

Well done user

Damn!

>come apart at the seams
>built to withstand crossfit tards dropping weights on

AYYY you again. Hows that malfunction?

I think I got it fixed o:

Carpenter here just bought a new mazda3 sport, might do the same to the trunk for my tools. Drove an rsx before and just laid some towels down in the trunk, had a jug of windshield fluid back there that ended up leaking everywhere...

Lets see some spotless cars.