/srg/ Speedrunning General

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. These videos are usually useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NxkUp4QGzc
youtube.com/watch?v=6CXiB5n883I
synchtu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its been a fun week guys

no it hasn't

it's been disruptive and unproductive

I think I recovered.

Anyway, I might have already made an ally. Cool. Let's see if this works.

>TGH still isn't my bf
explain this

why do i have to be alive when other people get to die

REPORT THIS

SGDQ Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=5NxkUp4QGzc

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!

Hello everyone!

Girl from Undertale general here.

Thank you for the amazing Undertale speedrun and all the amazing work you did for AGDQ 2017!

You guys are very cool!!!

Thinking about all the LPs I could have finished instead of watching AGDQ like woah

missed the bus my dude
don't worry it's just another hour

>most, if not all
you can drop the "if not all" from that, dkc runners are children

seriously who the fuck are you? do you even speedrun? why are you starting a marathon?

im gonna go jerk off and imagine that your my gf

Hold up, there was a NASA 2016?? Never heard of it

SGDQ theme: youtube.com/watch?v=6CXiB5n883I

a BULLET in the HEAD of EVERY disgusting tranny FREAK

bonus stream

Looks like you're in the door. Now you have to suck his dick to show respect.

are you just some retard from /v/ who just randomly decided to run a marathon after watching agdq and will probably get bored of the idea in a couple ideas or do you actually speedrun

a SHUTTLE BUS in the FACE of EVERY worthless undertale FREAK

relax, Cosmo, stop typing and pay attention to your stream. you've just been running the intro over and over again

reddit taste

>are you just some retard from /v/ who just randomly decided to run a marathon after watching agdq and will probably get bored of the idea in a couple ideas or do you actually speedrun

yes

I'm good at sucking dudes off, for real.

imagine if he had a sub button

GDQ proved itself once more that I have a weak will due to the fact that I'd rather have quick and cheap sense of commradee for a week over putting in effort to actually improve myself productively and find trustworthy friends, but ultimately realising that I will never have a life long connection with someone because I was too busy shitposting online and I'll die knowing 50% of my youth was wasted on hopeless seclusion and illusions of family.

>couple of ideas
days
I should sleep ey

How did you find this out?

he has the most viewers on twitch right now

when exactly did the speedrun bubble burst? I remember a couple of years ago when the top streamers were 10k people and then you had a bunch of runners with a thousand or two

does it make me gay if i would have sex unironically with 10/10 guys

how do you get a sub button?

On the bright side, we're going to have Virtual Reality when we get older so you can have fake family in your hopeless seclusion.

Please actually go through with this
the only other marathon that I would even want to go to is one being hosted by a friend locally

An /arg/ marathon sounds fun as fuck, especially since its close by

When Cosmo snipped his penis off.

its 3 am dude

suck dick

by being a grill

Last I checked, you need a certain amount of constant viewers and a consistent schedule. Orgs can get it pretty much instantly.

consistently stream with decent viewerbase (~500 people) for a month or two

wtf dude go out with someone and make some friendships

So what were the best runs of this AGDQ?
>Sunshine
>ALTTP
>Wind Waker

I heard these were good, but I haven't seen them:
>Vice City
>Donkey Kong Country
>Trauma Center
>Emerald
>Doom

I'm glad marathon shitters are finally gone

it's at twitch's discretion
you apply and they see how many viewers you have and how often you have them
if you're profitable, they'll make you a "twitch partner"
partner in name only, you're not even an employee, you make them money and they compensate you

marathon guy hmu

damn, that cut deep.

Easier said than done.

>marathon's over
>infotard keeps making our OPs

Theres more to it than that.

If you're volatile they wont sub to you because it harms the twitch brand.

Swearing is ok, but if you fly off the handle you will never get a sub button.

stream whatever stupid game twitch staff is into, like destiny

Alright at least you recovered.

Now let's start thinking of things you're gonna need. Everyone else add in stuff too.

-TVs
-Vidya/consoles/controllers
-Powerstrips and cables
-A projecter
-functional mics
-speakers
-chairs
-Speedrunners
-People to function as MCs
-A way to collect and keep track of donations
-Streaming equipment
-Sound equipment
-People that can keep the above two functioning
-A venue
-A code of conduct (since you don't want some edgelord shouting "NIGGER!!!" every 5 seconds thinking he's being clever).
-insurance(?)

adam's family was decent

viewers are obviously low here because GDQ was going on this whole time. everybody has like 30% of their normal amount during the event

Despite the retarded category, Ori was pretty fun.

You can get one with 100-150 regular viewers especially if you make nice with twitch staff

For me, personally, the only runs I enjoyed:

>System Shock 2 (the best)
>Vice City
>Undertale
>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
>one more I can't remember at the moment
>Descent II (because the runner got a blowjob and came inside a girl's mouth under the table)

srg bonus stream with synctube when

-dragon dildo's

As long as they're 10/10 no one will blame you
It also depends on how deep they go into you

fatty fatty fat fat

give this gril a hat

just have don't get banned as the only rule

well everyone here can setup and maintain a stream, probably
more than one person using the setup shouldn't be a huge issue

booking a hotel with no LAN, that was retarded

is cfb completely banned?

where's the shuttle cfb

where is it

just a heads up. califurrython is a train wreck and they want to be like GDQs. avoid at all costs.

>>Descent II (because the runner got a blowjob and came inside a girl's mouth under the table)
please be real

Halo 2 as well. Probably my favourite.

RIP all those who waited for the shuttle but it never came

Is PCF really shady? Why PCF in the first place, was a voting held I wasn't aware of?

expanding on venue, make sure they have DEDICATED ethernet lines in the venue if it's not out of your house. Shared hotel internet ends up being streamed on someone's 4G

What? Didn't you see that webm? You could see it on his face and hear the girl's voice after she swallowed it.

Because Mike gets a larger cut from PCF than he would from other charities

un-fucking-real

I am in a similar boat. However for me its not that I have troubles making friends its just that I reached a point where I don't want to hangout/date with normies anymore. Engaging with someone who isn't into nerd culture is just boring to me.

no one voted for it. staff picked it because PCF gives the best kickbacks so Mike, Cool Matty, UA, and others could live off of organizing 2 events a year.

>donations

wait a minute, our marathon is going to be a money laundering scheme too?

imagine if some tranny freak decided he didn't want to live in Trump's America so he actually jumped in front of the shuttle bus

I can't find friends like that either.

It's not shady at all, it's just not particularly selfless either. A good chunk of its income goes to sustain itself, more than in other comparable charities.
And going by donation messages most donators seem to be under the impression donating to PCF is a step towards curing cancer when in reality PCF only gives like 15% of its income to fund research and the majority of the money goes to outreach and awareness programs.

they had a "vote" for this agdq's charity but pcf "won" because it gave them the most money to "fund the marathon"

post it

completely
fucking
bald

>donations
for what?

hmm. this doesn't seem right.

Shuttle's here

I've worked in TV as a camera/board operator before, so I kinda know what we're doing, at least for getting the audio and video feed to where it needs to go. I also know how to use OBS (not well, but I'll learn). I'm not really sure on the hardware between console and board, though, so if someone could get me caught up on that, it'd be great. Getting the consoles won't be a problem, btw, but hopefully the players will actually own the cart they're playing on.

Done

>money laundering scheme
yes

S
E
N
T

;
)

>What? Didn't you see that webm? You could see it on his face and hear the girl's voice after she swallowed it.
PLEASE BE REAL!

synchtu dot be/r/agdqbonus

We're going with an actual legit charity. So the money isn't going all to kickbacks and bullshit.

I'm assuming this Hesh faggot would only get enough money to reimburse him for whatever he spends. Everything else goes to charity.

Actually this seems perfectly right.

Sonic block was pretty good. Same with the Awful games block.

So, who else actually enjoyed AGDQ for what it was?

Kept me entertained for a week and got very comfy at times

why the fuck does the vod for tas block have the interview for bubblesdelfuego?
how incompetent do you have to be